Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Post-Op journey so far. Sleeved on 4/2/13

You guys are still very early out, it does test your patience and endurance. Just keep sticking to the plan and it will come off..A pound a day is amazing so don't be so hard on yourself.Today I finally started soft foods, each stage gets better and better..I was on liquids for 3 weeks after surgery, so I KNOW how hard that is, but hang in there, the end results will be worth it..You need to give your stomach time to heal properly..I am a slow loser and get very frustrated myself, but I try to keep telling myself it will happen, I just have to be patient, but it's not easy..Sunday I went to my first wedding post op and that really tested my endurance. The only thing I could eat there was a few bites of mashed potatoes and I couldn't drink either, so it was very hard but then instead of feeling sorry for myself I began to feel empowered, knowing that I could NOT cheat even if I wanted to, which is what I would have done in the past if I was on a regular diet, so I just got up and danced and enjoyed the day, but the smells of food were torture..LOL..good luck everyone, we can do it...It gets better every day..

Just would like to add my 2 cents. I was sleeved on March 12 this year and my journey was very similar to yours. I had a very difficult recovery in the 1st days after surgery. Lots of vomiting, at one point I broke a blood vessel in my forehead and I started to bleed massively out my nose and mouth. I thought my elderly parents we going to have a heart attack when they saw that. I was very dehydrated so I ended up staying an extra day. It was tough in the beginning I felt like what have. I done to myself? But as I have healed things are getting better. I have had pizza (actually its something I can tolerate without puking. Just one small piece though,). I am relearning how to eat, figuring out my limits and trying to move forward. I can't take back my decision so I have. To embrace this change! I am proud to say I had my check up yesterday and I have lost a total of 43lbs!! I am thrilled with my progress as hard as this journey has been. You will make it, just keep looking toward the future!! Good Luck!!

I am DYING For a slice of pizza! LOL....how far out were you when you had it? 43 lbs! That's awesome, congratulations..I'm 5 weeks out and have lost 26 pounds so far, I just wish it would come off a little faster, but I'm trying to be patient..

Well I was down 18lbs from the preop diet which was 12 days long. So since march 1st I have lost 43lbs... pizza well I was bad, probably a month out. I ate like a very thin 1/2 slice of a very small pizza. ( no crust) It went down ok and then I waited like 2 hours and had another small one. I love pizza so I was very excited. I have had a hard time with some foods because they were too spicy and well I didn't eat slow enough. I tend to be a gobbler. If I I don't chew well enough or eat to fast I vomit. I do eat pizza now like once a week. But I have 1 slice and I am done, full and satisfied. Such a great feeling not to be a slave to food anymore. I let my sleeve tell me when I'm done. Not to say that I haven't had a hard time with that. It's been a process to figure out when I am full or not. That one extra bite and its all over... Blah....

How did you eat the pizza without the crust?? LOL...Well it sounds like your doing great with the 43 lb loss so keep it up!

Believe me I wanted the crust!! But knew my tummy couldn't handle it so the dog got a treat. I say try it but eat really slow....

I think it's great that you're facing all these feelings now and learning how to deal with them or get past them. Better to deal with the emotional issues right away than pretend everything is ok and have them smack you in the face later on!

Yes, Hathery, I think your pretty much forced to deal with them..I'm 5 weeks post op now and doing great..What a difference a month can make huh? I still have certain issues I'm dealing with as we all do I'm sure, but just taking it day by day...Every day gets easier, and every day I learn something new..Thanks..