Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Putting up the Christmas lights

Putting up the Christmas lights today. Had to wait til the good weather left, and it was wickedly cold outside. Going to try to put up the tree, too.

Who else has there tree up already?

The tree is up, the decorations are up the lights outside are up. Now I need money for the presents. LOL. We decorated the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

We have out outdoor decorations up but haven't done our indoor ones yet.....not even sure we are going to do those ones this year.....

We hosted Thanksgiving this year, first time in our new home. So the tree was up before Thanksgiving, we had family in from out of state and I don't think they will be back before Christmas, so I wanted them to see everything decorated. We are going to get something for the outside today, we haven't ever had to decorate outside before, so we have nothing. Our local hardware store has a huge blow-up penguin for $13, he is 6 foot tall. I'm going for that and some lights this afternoon. We live in a subdivision and have several rules to follow. I have some lights to put in the inside of the windows, and we have a lightup train in the window. I have a 3 foot tree in my 5 year old's room and there is a small tree in the basement, plus the big tree in the family room. K@t started a tree picture thread, I will post photos there later today, after I take some. ~Mandy

I have some up! I don't know if we're gonna get a tree though. I did get a poinsetta (sp?). I feel so adult. :(

I think the Christmas decorations (inside) and music shouldn't be taken out til Dec 1st! I can see outside lights, cause no one wants to be doing that when it's -40, so I'll allow it. I just made myself a Boney M cd, and am crankin' it!!

I did get a poinsetta (sp?). I feel so adult. :(

ROTFLMAO...................

Hi,

Yep,, My husband and daughter snowshoed into the bush and got a beuaty of a tree yesterday- 15 feet tall. I am a big Christmas person and have only one of a kind, decorations- mostly gifts. So.. you know how much I love it.

and this moring, my lovely 4 year old hugged her new frined treey... and knocked it over. Including smashing 5 ornaments- 1 had for 20 years and 1 was the last gift from a friend who since passed away.

I felt so sorry for my little girl, who said she never saw me so sad. But... it was an accident and Chrismtas is all about love and forgiveness.

So.. yep the tree is up, albeit a little bare in spots now!

Dawn

Banded April 4th 2006 (Montreal)

Fill June 9th 2006

weight.png

ROTFLMAO...................

I'm so glad I now know what that means. Don't laugh at me..... well it's OK if you do...

Wheezy.....I never laff AT you (I leave that to Mandi)....I laff WITH you!:)

Tree is up. Indoor decorating is done. Outside lights are up, and now lit (12/1). Cards are mailed. About 2/3 of the shopping is done, and the majority of that is wrapped and under the tree. Grandkids went to see Santa last night on a Polar Express Train....it was an awesome trip!!! I have to get mine done early because both Mom and MIL depend on me to do the biggest part of theirs.

Dawn I understand your ornament situation. I have almost all icicles on my tree...and I have some beauties, blown glass ones, crystal studded ones...just some amazing works of art!!! BUT this year I have a 6 year old and 9 month old grandsons, and 5 and 2 year old granddaughters....so most of my icicles this year are acrylic, and the occasional non sentimental glass ones. The worst culprit by far is the youngest, that boy does not get "NO" even in Granny's mean voice he could care less. You can pull him away, he crawls right back. They refuse to spank his hands....so it is a constant fight to keep him away...he is stubborn personified! I do not approve of any form of abuse, but training him and teaching him what he can and cannot do is another issue, and in my opinion one they are not doing with him...but here is the only place I have shared that opinion, I have not been the busy body Mom or Mother in law, that I would like to be over this!!! I mean the Christmas tree is really inconsequential....how he acts as a child is not! Oh well...in the meantime, plain old ornaments for us!!! Sorry about the loss of yours...maybe it will impress upon your DD how special friendships are. To have seen you so upset over it.

Enjoy your decorating everyone!!!

Kat