Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When can you start eating soft foods like yogurt after being sleeved . What's the wait time ???

Everyone has different rules, i read these board and its so strange how different dr. have so many different rules.I was able to go immediately to this stage when i was home from the hospital. See what your dr. wants and follow that. Good Luck. I am still trying to get use to my new sleeve . I am 2 1/2 weeks post op.Everything was going well but having a little bit of a hard time last 2 days.. I am very anxious and not hungry , Having hard time wanting to get all in....

I was allowed to eat yogurt as soon as I wanted to do so. My doctor considered that a liquid. I also didn't have a clear liquid stage and was allowed to eat soft foods after one week. Yazzy is right. There are many sets of rules out there.

I'm on all liquids until I go back for my 3 week follow-up this Friday, then I can move to puréed stage.

Seems every doctor does it differently. First week I was on Clear Liquids. 2nd week I could do milk with Protein Powder in it.. 3rd week I could do yogurts and purees. Now I'm in my 4th week I'm adding cheeses and soft fruits/veg and soft meats. My diet is fairly middle of the road.. I've seen some people who say their doctor cleared them for regular food after week 2 and I've seen where others were on liquids for a full month!

You can start them when your doctor tells you you can. Many people have different directions from their surgeons, follow yours. I was two weeks on liquids after surgery, it was week three when I could start soft food like yogurt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches