Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am trying to find an atmosphere where it is band friendly. Looking to find other banders to help me with this process and the emotions that come with it.Am I different?? Am I doing this right? Stuff like that:help:

Hello chrissytina32, I just found this website last night. I wish I had looked sooner. From what I have read it seems there are a lot of people that are friendly and have great information. I was banded about 4 months ago, and I feel as if I am not doing that good. However it has taken me a while to figure out everyone's body is different. The first week after I was banded I cried almost everyday. I think I did this because I have never had surgery, I didn't have anyone around me that had the surgery to relate to me, and I honestly felt horrible about having the surgery, I thought I did the wrong thing. After a week of letting all my emotions out I just told myself, that I decided to make this change and I am going to have to deal with it in a positive way.

I think what you are feeling is normal. No you are not different. If you think about it there are millions of people who want to lose weight, and millions of people are going about different ways to lose the weight. You went the lap band way, and there are many others who chose the lap band way too!

I am just curious, did you keep your lapband surgery a secret from people in your life or did you let everyone know? I ask this because everyone knows that I have had the surgery, and I am finding that it is tough because there is at least 1 or 2 people a day that ask "how much weight have you lost?" , "how are you doing", "when is your next fill", or I hate the comments "wow, I thought you would lose like 80lbs by now". I find this tough to deal with. Can you or anyone relate, and how is the best way to process those comments and questions in a positive way?

Ive struggled with being banded at times .... it's hard when you use food to deal with life... then suddenly you don't have that anymore ..... or as you had it before

I get those type of comments too.... I let most people know. It makes me uncomfortable ... I just say some nebulous thing... grin and bare it. I don't what else to do. I also hate it when they say your losing weight ... how much? when you just gained a couple pounds.... makes you feel bda you know....

peace,

Kathy

Banded 7/28/2006

Start 400lbs ... 2 fills ... 348 right now.

Hi There chrissytina32

Great to see you... Good Luck! I look forward to hearing of your progress!

:(