Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Camping food...

Girl I was going to ask if it was a regional thing!

In Cali we roll with the sushi and tofu :P

About to go to the store this evening, so trying one more time for any last minute ideas?

Badboy, I just came back from a week of camping out. I cooked over a small portable gas stove everyday. You can get one at any sporting good store. With that you could scramble eggs...which was my favorite soft food. So was egg salad. Of course those things would require you keep a cooler. Baby bel cheeses are great and portable. If you use Protein Powder, I'd definitely plan to have my shaker bottle and mix up shakes regularly. It may not be your current plan but it's easy, high Protein and these are unusual circumstance. Plus it's only a few day. Other than that, canned tuna is easy to get down, so is crab meat. I'm talking about real crab meat that comes in a can. Don't buy that prepackaged imitation crap you see in the seafood department.

I was thinking about camping food a bit yesterday after reading this thread. How do you think hobo stew would work if the potatoes are taken out and replaced with something else. Hobo stew is basically hamburger, spices and chopped carrots, cabbage, onions, etc thrown into aluminum foil. You then throw it into your campfire and let it cook and sizzle a while. Smells awesome, especially at the end of a long hike in. Another good hike lunch we used to take on our 100 milers is salami and cheese. The cheese actually got more awesome the more number of days that went by. Instant oatmeal is also and easy favorite to do for Breakfast.< /p>

The problem is I will be by myself, so cooking is impractical. Normally I woukd have pack sandwich fixings, but I am still on a restricted diet for weeks 2-6. Thays where u am hittibg snags.

I'm sure you've already gone to the store by now but we do foil packs all the time when camping. You could modify to your food stage right now. Take canned chicken and green Beans, fold it up in foil and throw it on the fire or get a small propane stove. You could change it up every day with ham, chicken, tuna, sausage or whatever pickled baloney and veggies u like. That'll give you 1 hot meal a day and some variety. That's how we camp.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches