Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

I am a newly 'obsessed bander wannabe'!! I have been overweight my entire life with no long term success from dieting. I have had the same insurance carrier for 5 years, of course they would rather pay for my hospital stay and medications for any future heart attacks than to flip the bill for any weight loss surgery. Fortunately, in January, we are getting different insurance which covers 'up to 20,000' for weight loss surgery! After losing all hope, there is now light at the end of the tunnel! I start my journey on December 11th-going to the informational seminar. I'm sooooooooo incredibly excited to start this journey, but of course I'm just a 'titch' scared! I called the center that I would like to have my surgery and asked them If I could start with the seminars and meetings before my new insurance kicks in...I'm terrified that my new insurance will say something like 'sorry-you started surgery consultation before jan. 1st, so too bad so sad'....So I'm kinda on my little journey secretly! My family and closest friends know about this, and they are so supportive, but I'm glad I found this site so I can talk to you all!

Basically, I want to be healthy for myself, my children, and my career (nursing)...not to mention I want to look like a hottie!!!!! Hope to hear from you!

Honestly I wouldn't worry about the insurance thing. I had PPO and started going through the process then stoped. Then I changed jobs where we had Kaiser. I started there, then went back to my old job and started it up again.

I was just banded on tuesday. It is alot of pain girl, but just the first two days. Make sure you have all your meds on hand especaily liquid tylonal and advil gel caps. Take both at the same time and every 5-6 hours. I swear it is money. Well, good luck!

Bandina

Hi Chubbola

keep us posted on how you go with the insurance thing.

Best wishes

:o

Chubbola - I work in insurance and I think you should be okay. Since you are already covered under another plan and just changing over, generally you are not penalized for pre-existing things. However you may want to check the new insurance plan to be certain. It you had a lapse in coverage then you might have to worry.

thanks to you all for your support!

alicia521----actually, i do have unity insurance through dec 31st-we're just switching to BCBS jan 1st-believe it or not, it's a lot cheaper than unity! my husband always has the choice to switch insurances every january...little did i know that there was light at the end of the tunnel when i saw that BCBS pays for the surgery up to 20,000---where unity does not! it was meant to be (hopefully)!!!! now i just have to convince them that i need it! (duh)!!!

have a great day!

:biggrin1: WELL, I WENT TO MY SEMINAR! HOW AWESOME! I HAD A GREAT TIME, AND I NOW HAVE IT CEMENTED IN MY HEAD THAT I'M A DEFINATE BANDSTER INSTEAD OF A RNY'ER!!! I'M SO EXCITED-------CAN'T WAIT TILL JANUARY WHEN MY NEW INSURANCE KICKS IN! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!