Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I am 51 years old...married 32 years to my best friend! He totally supports me in all of this. We live in Buna, Tx. My neuro surgeon suggested I do this and wrote a letter and then it was BOOm BOOm and everything fell into place. My insurance paid 100%. I had lapband May 26, 2004. The first month I lost 28.5 pounds. This month I was hungry ALL the time and gained 2. :) I got my first fill today. For those of you out there that have had a fill..will I feel different? Will my hunger pains go away? Would love to hear from any of you! i need encouragement!!:cry

Sissy, I'll get my 1st fill 7/29. But we have a lot in common....I've been married to "my best friend" for 32 years, he's also super supportive, loved me fat or thin, was banded 5/26, and in Texas (Houston). Best of luck on your banding journey!!

Welcome Sissyfaye!! Sounds like you've GREAT loss so far! Please don't be discouraged by regaining a few pounds in your initial healing phase. This happens often!

As for your first fill. Who knows? Some feel restriction immediately, some have to go back in a couple of weeks and try for more fill. Personally, I felt restriction with each of my fills, including the first! Either way, I think it's good to ease up on it, especially since you're not used to the restriction and still getting to know how your band and your body work together. Better to have too little restriction than to be over-restricted right off the bat!

Remember, this is not a race, as long as you are losing 1-2lbs per week (average) then you are right on the mark. So far, I think you've already surpassed that! Go slow. Eat your Protein, drink your Water and walk. It will all fall into place and you'll be amazed!

Remind me where Buna, Texas is? I'm in Plano.

Leatha

Welcome Sissyfaye!

Hang in there... you've done a wonderful job so far! I'm sure once you have restriction from your fills... you'll see the pounds fall off once again.:) I'm newly banded so be ready to give me the same pep talk a few weeks from now! :D

Darcy

Thank for all your encouragement. Now to answer the questions. Buna Texas is just north of Beaumont Texas. It is a teeeeeny weeeeeny rural town. I had my lapband done in Port Neches, texas by Dr. Felix Speigel on May 26, 2004. My first fill was done July 19, 2004. So now I am on 3 days of liquids. Me and Slim fast are becoming best of friends!:)

Hi I am so glad you joing our forum. I havent had my first fill yet so I am looking forward to it. I hope you like slimfast as much as I do. BTW you can add a banana and Peanut Butter and it's delicious!

Rica

Hi Sissyfaye,

Congratulations on your progress, you are doing great!

I am probably not the best person to give advise on fills, but I will say that if by chance you don't feel much different after this first fill... don't get frustrated or too disappointed. It often takes multiple fills over time to get to a level of restriction that helps you continue losing weight consistently over time.

But, here's to your first fill... you are well on your way!

Originally posted by bushbaby

Hi I am so glad you joing our forum. I havent had my first fill yet so I am looking forward to it. I hope you like slimfast as much as I do. BTW you can add a banana and Peanut Butter and it's delicious!

Rica

Thanks for the info....I'll give it a try!:)

Originally posted by sassaay

Hi Sissyfaye,

Congratulations on your progress, you are doing great!

I am probably not the best person to give advise on fills, but I will say that if by chance you don't feel much different after this first fill... don't get frustrated or too disappointed. It often takes multiple fills over time to get to a level of restriction that helps you continue losing weight consistently over time.

But, here's to your first fill... you are well on your way!

/QUOTE]

Oh I feel it alright and it hurts! Feels like heartburn only lower in my stomach! Bummer!:)