Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Midnight munching

I just can't seem to get myself to stop munching on anything I can get my hands on before bed. It's so aggravating because I want to do good and lose weight but I still feel such a strong urge to crunch on something.

I really need something crunchy tho

I really need something crunchy tho

Correction. You don't need something crunchy before bed. I know what you mean, but wording is important. We ALL need to learn better habits. Not eating out of boredom or habit but eating becaise were hungry or becaise our body needs nourishment.

I'll offer advice though. Veggie "fries", "chips" made out of baked veggies (homemade), even kale chips are delicious of you're far enough out.

Add a little sea salt (not the other stuff that's bad for your body) and yum!!

Buuuut, can I say just don't do it? I know, easier said than done, but if you're like me, you had weight loss surgery as your last ditch effort at losing this stupid fat for good. Lets change our heads!!!

I completely understand! I can eat on a schedule all day, but after dinner, there is a void space that I used to fill with food.... now, I have my strongest urges to graze at night. It's tough, especially since I work out of town so much and am at a hotel. I typically work out before dinner, so I have to find something to fill the time. If I am home, some things that have helped me: prepare my meals for the next day, lay out my clothes, Iron, do my nails/toes, take a long bath, clean, meditate.... anything to distract me!

Thank you, Marie.

Amy, please leave your judgement at the door.

I have a difficult time with this too...waking up hungry in the middle of the night is my problem!!! As u can see, I'm up at 3:00...had another sugar -free popsicle!! Just can't seem to break this urge!! I'm trying.... :(

Thank you' date=' Marie.

Amy, please leave your judgement at the door.[/quote']

I'm sorry that what was meant as encouragement came across to you as judgement. It honestly wasn't meant that way. I'm not immune to late night snacking by any means.

Carry on

Thank you, Marie.

Amy, please leave your judgement at the door.

I really don't think that she was judging you! She offered some good suggestions to help with what you presented as a challenge. It is true that so much of the changes we need to make are mental, such as differentiating between needing and wanting. And we can all relate to what you are experiencing. It DOES feel like a need at the time. Amy's suggestions of some ways to mentally retrain ourselves and some substitute options that crunch but that are healthful were good ideas! Good luck! I know that it can be tough, especially at first.

Thank you' date=' Marie.

Amy, please leave your judgement at the door.[/quote']

I didn't take it as judgmental at all. I took it as encouragement. We have got to change our way of thinking. Period. Otherwise we are still living to eat and not eating to live. IMO,

Btw, I'm craving the CRUNCH too. I'm on full liquids at this point to I blend ice in my Protein Shakes and I'm enjoying chewing my Vitamins waaaaay more then I should. :-)

Btw, I'm craving the CRUNCH too. I'm on full liquids at this point to I blend ice in my Protein Shakes and I'm enjoying chewing my Vitamins waaaaay more then I should. :-)

Omg!! U r really craving the crunch if u r enjoying chewing the vitamins, lol!! Just thinking of one of mine makes me cringe...it is so big and sour!

Omg!! U r really craving the crunch if u r enjoying chewing the vitamins' date=' lol!! Just thinking of one of mine makes me cringe...it is so big and sour![/quote']

And I savor every chomp! Lol! ;-)

no salt is good for you.. thats just my opinion..and yes im addicted to sugar free pops LOL