Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eye color study! Will/did yours change? Did/will your eyesight improve?

Would anyone be interested in participating in a non-clinical study regarding weight loss and eye color? This is not something to hype up Iridology or anything, I promise. I would just ask for you to take a good, clear picture of your left and right eye, answer a few brief questions, and do so every 3-6 months.

I am really curious about the phenomenon that seems to be visiting some of us regarding our eye color changing and our vision possibly improving.

I noticed it first for me when it was noted by my Husband in the sunlight that the new contacts were subtile but still really interesting. ??? "Contacts, lol, I haven't had to wear glasses in almost a year"

He replied that he just assumed they were cosmetic only. So after some back and forth I took a look and I don't know how I missed it but my eyes went from a really uniform clear but deep brown, kind of "lit" with deep amber to a green around the edges, and brown in the middle. Hmmmmm....

Depending on what my informal study produces, I could very well be able to get someone interested in it for a PhD thesis, which could add a new, fresh piece of information to the WLS and long term weight loss (biological) process.

I really urge you to participate. I will reward the group who sticks with it at the end with a donation to a weight loss related non-profit, or something along those lines.

In order for it to be of any real signifigance I need as many people as possible to participate. The more participation the easier it can be argued on whether or not the subject deserves more detailed and much more time-intensive attention.

I have a lot of interest and enthusiasm for this project. I hope you will contribute. Thank you sooo much!

Interesting idea! I'm up for participating. My surgery will likely be in late July, so I would suggest that it would be best for me to take eye photos no more than a few weeks before the surgery (so, late June, perhaps?) again soon after surgery (within a couple of weeks), and then at whatever interval needed thereafter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

Well, I am at goal so too late for the photo study but my eyes don't look any different after losing 150+ pounds

what is different is that you can SEE my eyes now. people often say they are my best feature, but when I was so heavy they were kinda buried in fat and seemed really small. Are you sure that this change isn't just an optical illusion so to speak of just being more visible?

I just had my vision checked and one eye requires a slightly stronger scrip now but doc says that is normal, my vision hasn't changed in several years and I am aging....lol They both used to -1.25 but now they are -1.75 and -1.25

If you get enough people I will do it. Just keep me informed of what you need and when you need it.