Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~December Chat!

Wow! I've been gone for a week and you all have had such good discussions!

Alicia - Holy Moly! You are Lookin' Good!

My goal.......well, my dr. originally set my goal at 160. I'm 5'4", carry my weight in my butt and since I started at 271, I guess she figured that was a good goal. But personally, I would like to get under 150. I felt my best at 145. The thought of losing over 100 lbs was scary!!!!

I'm of Hispanic decent and we all tend to be "hippy" and very muscular. So 145.......yep, that is my goal. But I would be happy at 160. Then I was thinking when I reach 160, I will still have to have plastic surgery and that might get me down close to 150. But mainly, I just want to feel good about myself again. And I'm getting close. I've had soooooooo many people make comments about how I'm "melting" away here in the last week, it's amazing. I am so encouraged to stick with the program.

Also, my size 18 pants -- the brand new jean I bought last month because of the "bag Lady" comment I got -- are almost falling off! I'm going to take them to the consignment store since they haven't even faded or look worn. I'm waiting till I can fit into a 14 before getting ride of them, though.

This week's progress -- 3 more lbs!

Thanks for the compliments to all. I still feel like a fat girl. I get discouraged because I carry most of my weight in my butt, hips, lower gut, and thighs and still feel huge in that area.

Marci - you are rockin! You are going to be in 14 pants before you know it!!!

You are all so doing so great. Congratulations to all of you. I am still in the "slow loser" mode.

I just got back from a 2 week trip to Cambodia, where I thought I had sweated off at least 5 lbs, got home, back on the scales, not a single pound. Trying hard not to be discouraged here, I thought I had maintained and managed very well during the trip, I guess not gaining is good tho. It must have been all the rice......lol.

Anyway, I am now looking forward to my 3rd fill on Jan 7th. I still HAVE A DREAM!!!

I am not yet ready to post pictures. I have lost 30+ lbs but have not gone down yet in clothing sizes. My clothes are definitely looser, but not yet loose enough for the next size down. One step at a time.

PS.....Cambodia rocks. loved it, loved the trip. So very different from our western culture.

Glad to hear your trip went well Missy!

Huge NSV for me to report - I am officially overweight. My BMI changed and I am no longer considered obese. Wahoo!

Glad to hear your trip went well Missy!

Huge NSV for me to report - I am officially overweight. My BMI changed and I am no longer considered obese. Wahoo!

That is great. We hit that mark at the same time. I weighed this morning bringing my BMI to 29.9 and no longer obese. Sounds like we are right on track with each other Great job!

Thanks. Not trying to hijack your success, just thought it was ironic we were banded at almost the same time and hit a milestone at the same time. Don't know about you, but I know I am so close to goal, but I look in the mirror and don't feel so close. I need to re-evaluate my self image I guess

I didn't take it as a hijack so no worries! It's pretty cool! I know exactly what you mean. I still see the fat girl and pick out my flaws.

Well all you folks make me JEALOUS!!!!!!!!

But help is on the way for me. I get my NEW TEETH in 9 days. But then I will have to wait for the partial to be created. So I won't completely be finished with the dentist for a while yet.

Going for fill #2 (second after the slip) on Thursday this week. I am anxious to see how the pouch/band looks after this past month.

If everything goes okay with the above I am setting a goal of 50 pounds to lose by May 24th.

My DH, DD and I are going to go to Nashville, Tennessee for a vacation and I want to be able to walk around and enjoy myself with my family.

My DD will be going to college in a couple of years so I have to make the most of my time left with her before everything changes.:think

Myra

Myra, best wishes to you in your goal. I too have a long term May goal.

I was banded at medical city of dallas too! on may 22.

I have been on vacation past 2 weeks, still struggled to keep up with rest of group. I have another short trip planned at the end of May, and I am hoping to have an entirely different experience.

Heres to keeping up with the walkies!!!