Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Thanks Anita,I just love to come here and vent because only WE know how important this is to us!

Just around my port area is swollen and he could feel liquid behind the skin, all of my incisions are bruised but I thought that was normal??? Also my port incision is open a little and it was bleeding. He said the port incision was thin. I feel fine and have felt fine since surgery. I have had no gas pain, no neausea, no sore throat, nothing...my belly has been swollen and I just feel like I did a few too many sit ups, but other than that I have felt great. I just can't stop crying! Hubby says don't worry. Dr. K didn't seem too worried, he just said to call immediatly if it seeps. My life is so predictable, so structured...this is really throwing me off! I will put in the back of my head for the weekend because the weekend belongs to my son who worked so very hard to graduate! I will deal with it after the weekend. After all what can I do, it is out of my control. It is just hard to think about.

Thanks for being here for me!

Hey there! i know i have been gone for awhile. Sorry. They blocked me at work so i can only post from home now =(. I will try and check in when I am doing my homework. Dont think I told you I also go to school. I only have a few classes left for my bachlors degree. Yippee!

Drew-- thanks for noticing that I was MIA!

I think my fill is working a little better. Yesterday i ate two tacos for dinner (not good) and then today I could barely eat anything! I dont get it. i have an appt with Dr K on Thur again so maybe he can tell me what he thinks. I scheduled the appt for more of a fill. i will let you know what happends.

I am also having my TOM finally.... first time since my surgery. I have lost 2 lbs.

Love you guys!

Angie

Mal - sweetie - I hope your body just absorbs the extra stuff and the healing continues on your port. You are in my prayers!

Woofay - glad things are going well.

Drews - hope after the weekend you'll be up and at 'em

I want to remind everyone that we are meeting on Wednesday, June 6th at Red Robin on Arapahoe and Yosemite at 7 pm. Be there or be square!

I did weigh in "officially" today and finally had a two pound weight loss. :D

yes, Drews it is great to see that damn scale move it's numbers. I took a day off from training and realized I missed it. So tomorrow it is either a big walk or work out.

Well, have wonderful weekends. The weather is supposed to be great!

Thank you Dynamomini, I am trying to stay positive. I just keep saying to myself "I'm sure it will be okay".

Congrats on the loss of two pounds!! Gone for good!!! Good for you!!

I plan on being at Red Robin! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Drews~I hope your doing well!

Angie~nice to hear from you again. Tacos...yummm, my favorite, I can't wait until I can have a taco!!

Hello Friends!

I'm alive. I posted on the April Violets but they are in excercise mode.

I've been busy with the last days of school, summer coming up on us, WEDDING plans with my daughter who is now gone for two months, and my 24th wedding anniversary.

MAL dear, sorry to hear of your scare. Play it by ear. If it was a crisis or emergency you most likely would have been heading to Parker for a fixin'. Hope for good things.

Michelle Dino Mini~ My surgery mate, how goes it with you? My restriction is still there but so much less than five weeks ago. Ready for that first fill to be sure. Happening next week.

Angie my appt. is at 11:45 on June 7th. Will you be there? Would love to meet some of you while out in Colorado. Red Robin when and what time? What day?

Would LOVE to meet up with you all.

Let me know. Someone PM me with details.

Lap Dancer - I haven't written specifically to you because I don't know your travel arrangements. We are meeting at the Red Robin that is 1 block West of the I-25 and Arapahoe Road intersection at 7 pm on Wednesday, June 6th. We planned it so you could join us, so I am hoping that this works for you and everyone else.

I did ok on Memorial Day - I did break down and have an ice cream bar (230 cal), other than that, I've eaten pretty close to perfect for two months. My relationship with the ice cream bar was strange. I worked to NOT eat it for two full days, actually more nights, finally, the urge was still there so I gave in to it with the promise that I wouldn't beat myself up about it. It wasn't that great, but I enjoyed it. I will have to figure out how to deal with food on the brain - when "will" power overrules "won't" power. I'm glad I have a therapy session today to unravel it.

I had also made dinner for the family, my sister, her husband and their two kids, my mom and my son, Max. That in itself has an underlying stress factor built in. I planned a healthy dinner, but mom brought a coffee cake from her freezer so I was happy with watermelon but had to focus my "wOn't" power on that freezer burned coffee cake (Entemanns).

How did I end up like this?

Then my sister is worried about her 5 year old plumping up. "She's fatter than all her friends... I'm worried about her being fat" my protection mode goes up. I said, "don't make her feel bad about herself, consider your history." My sister was buolimic (sp). Not another generation.

Sorry about the length here, but it is good for me to work it out, and who better to share it with. You are my sisterhood.

Michelle

MAL dear, sorry to hear of your scare. Play it by ear. If it was a crisis or emergency you most likely would have been heading to Parker for a fixin'. Hope for good things.

Thank you for the words of confidence, I truly appreciate your support!

Hi, All! Guess we all had a good weekend...there were no posts for days!

I understand the food stress, Michelle! We had a big BBQ with family, neighbors and friends. I can't say that my will power was as good as yours though. Plus my TOM is here and I have very little to no will power for those few days. I haven't even bothered to visit the scale. Guess that's why I'm not so grumpy about it. I've decided to follow the process, like you said, instead of looking for an instant fix to something I have taken years to accumulate. I don't even know how badly I've wrecked the scale.

Mal, when is your visit to Dr. K to find out about your port? How are you feeling?

Angie, when is your next fill? I can hardly wait for the next one. I swear, I still have very little to no restriction. I'm still always hungry.

Lap Dancer, are you feeling hungry too? You haven't had any fill yet, have you? I think I'll let Dr. K fill me as full as he wants. I was a little scared last time. If he thinks that I need another 2 cc, darnit, I'll let him! Hee hee!

Hope everyone is feeling well. Wish SunnySea and TatorBug would pop in and say hi. Can't wait for the 7th! ;)

Hi Anita,

I am feeling fine, I have no pain, nothing! I go on friday at noon (nervous). He will either say 1.) all is fine..I hope, I hope, I hope!!! 2.) let's drain it (ouch). or 3.) It is infected and there is nothing to do but have it removed (I will ball for days). I have alot of people praying for me!

Thanks everyone!!

Anita, I just noticed your new picture! You look GREAT!! I can really see the weight loss in your face!! GOOD JOB!!!!

Hey! Thanks, Mal! I am quite sure that my face is the only place on my body that has lost weight. Wanted to put a different picture on there, just because I get bored.

Anyone else notice how slow this web site is now that they put all those ads on here? So glad they "improved" the site!

Woofay - Come on. You look GOOD! say thanks!

Mal - I am thinking of you. Are you oozing, in pain, or feeling punk? I hope you'll be able to join us next Wednesday at Red Robin at 7pm.

Lap Dancer - so when are you arriving. Do you need directions, a ride, or anything?

Hugs to all of us - you know getting through the last 8 weeks for me has been a roller coaster. One minute I am flying, the next I feel like nothing has changed. It's the same with the band. One minute a slug of Water makes me gurgle, the next I can eat quite a bit of food. So I think I need to Celebrate the fact that I am aware of what and how I am eating. That alone is new behavior. hugs to you all. I am working on the picture thing. I finally got one posted, but it is really tiny.

Hey, Michelle, I like your new picture too!

Drewslou~ How's your knee? I hope it's not too sore. But if it is, hurray for pain meds!

I stepped on the scale. The more I thought about it, the more it had to be done. (Ha!) And low and behold, it didn't go up. Woo hoo! ;) It hasn't gone down any either, but I guess I wouldn't expect it to with the crap I ate this weekend. The funny thing is, I do give in to my craving, but it seems a lot less makes me happy. I know it's not good to eat tatoe chips. (really!) But, I don't have to eat the whole bag anymore. Several hand fulls makes me happy. I was a real bad binge muncher. Seems to be getting much better.

Anyways...sounds like most of us have a pretty busy week or two coming up. Fills and flights...

Dynamo~ do you think that you are at a good fill? Are you considering getting more? Just wondering how close to "right" the first fill is for people.

Woofay - Good for you, remember the scale is just information. I also find that less is more - it's a very good thing. No, I don't think my fill is close to being enough. I am able to gulp Water more and more, and I wasn't able to do that when I had more restriction. However, if I eat and don't chew, then I have an issue. So, I am not sure. There is an over achieving part of me that wants to go back to get more of a fill. Are you thinking that too? I only got .9 cc, so there is a lot of room for filling me. I also think I was very scared about the process, not wanting to be too tight.

Well, have a good night!

I was scared of the whole process too, Michelle. I think we all were a little after what happened to SunnySea. You know, I realized I keep writing the date of the 7th...I know it's not. Its the 6th that we are getting together.

Angie~ what day are you having your next fill? Sometime next week also, isn't it? Sorry you got booted off at work. :cry You'll hafta make up your posts in the evening. ;)