Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey Friends!

Dropping in to say howdy.

Marcy you have a blast in the Aloha state. Lucky you. Your fill story was so funny, I laughed imagining Bob's Fill Ur Up needed a divining rod to find your port. hee hee

Munchkin I love comedians. They make me laugh!! hahahaha

JME smile and know it's a grand journey. I use to drink down my meals, start not drinking with meals. That was a hard one for me to break. No worries. It's all good. You are gifting yourself health.

Deb, I'm a wino now. Mr. Reisling and I have dates every Friday. He makes me BLUSH.

Friends the physical therapy did not work. I have a TENS unit strapped to my back all of my work day and that has helped a great deal.

Going in for a pre-surgical eval. for a partial penniculectomy. This would relieve the stress on my spine, probably kick start the weight loss again because some of the fat cells would be excised, also the dragging skin on my lower body would be relieved.

My fill is fine. Got a lovely sensation of feeling full. No cravings, no inbetween munchies like the old days. Lost my taste for several foods which is wonderful.

I remain grateful for having this surgery with no complications. Recovery was a breeze.

patty

OH NO!!! Get Zicam. Right now. It should knock it out in a few days.

Agreed with Puff Mama!!! And you may not want to hear this....but this is my nursey advice....forgo the Halloween party and rest, push fluids, eat chicken noodle Soup, and all that stuff.:) It will suck to miss your party but it would suck way worse to miss your surgery.

Hey Friends!

Marcy you have a blast in the Aloha state. Lucky you. Your fill story was so funny, I laughed imagining Bob's Fill Ur Up needed a divining rod to find your port. hee hee

JME smile and know it's a grand journey. I use to drink down my meals, start not drinking with meals. That was a hard one for me to break. No worries. It's all good. You are gifting yourself health.

Deb, I'm a wino now. Mr. Reisling and I have dates every Friday. He makes me BLUSH.

Friends the physical therapy did not work. I have a TENS unit strapped to my back all of my work day and that has helped a great deal.

Going in for a pre-surgical eval. for a partial penniculectomy. This would relieve the stress on my spine, probably kick start the weight loss again because some of the fat cells would be excised, also the dragging skin on my lower body would be relieved.

My fill is fine. Got a lovely sensation of feeling full. No cravings, no inbetween munchies like the old days. Lost my taste for several foods which is wonderful.

I remain grateful for having this surgery with no complications. Recovery was a breeze.

patty

Patty-Just wanted to say great to see you! I am sorry your PT didn't work, good luck with the TT!!

And I have to say I love comedians too, especially one in particular...:)

Agreed with Puff Mama!!! And you may not want to hear this....but this is my nursey advice....forgo the Halloween party and rest, push fluids, eat chicken noodle Soup, and all that stuff.:) It will suck to miss your party but it would suck way worse to miss your surgery.

:)

You might be right. Dangit. :unsure::crying: But I can't have noodles - stupid pre op diet. I guess I can make some boullion and throw in some chicken. That'll be yummy.

I did call Natalie, and she said that everything over the counter will help the symptoms but not cure the funk. And if I've got a fever and/or chest congestion, they will not do the surgery. I think I'll go sit in the sauna for a few hours off and on this weekend. Try to sweat it out!

Hello, ladies. Wow, busy busy day. DD and I went and picked out all the decorations for her wedding (it's Dec. 2oth). I think it will be quite stunning. Everything will be black and white except for touches of deep red (her dress has dark red roses embroidered on the bodice). The flowers are white asiatic lillies and dark red roses. Bridesmaids are wearing simple, full length black dresses and red necklaces and earrings. We're going to have candles on pedestals lining the aisle and a gazebo with tiny white lights, tulle, and flowers. We're also having two tall floor candelabra at the beginning of the aisle and flanking the gazebo. We're also putting several tall, thin pine trees in front of floor to ceiling windows decorated with white lights. Centerpieces: half will be very tall silver vases with lillies and roses, the other half will be cylinder vases with floating candles and submerged lillies.

sounds lovely....excitement builds:tt1:

what do you guys think? Any more ideas?

Deb - I'm a wino too. I try not to drink wine more than once or twice a week, but I do have .75 oz of vodka and diet cranberry every evening for my nightcap. Probably not the best thing for my weight loss, but I make sure and count the calories.

you are right....plus I am down another 3.2 today...total of 42.2

IAMAhotmamma (I've changed your name for you!) - glad to hear you had fun on your trip AND lost a pound. DAMN! Good job!!

Jaime - I have one Protein Drink a day. I actually really like it. I buy the slimfast low carb vanilla and heat it up in the microwave and sprinkle cinammon on top. It's kinda' like a vanilla latte. Not bad atall. But I definitely try to get my Protein from food.< /p>

Munchie, when is the wedding? How is your love life? When is the Marine Corp ball?

Hey Friends!

patty

sorry to hear pt didn't work; sounds as if you are in a good place head-wise. good luck on tt

Agreed with Puff Mama!!! And you may not want to hear this....but this is my nursey advice....forgo the Halloween party and rest, push fluids, eat chicken noodle Soup, and all that stuff.:biggrin: It will suck to miss your party but it would suck way worse to miss your surgery.

I agree....too bad to miss party but not at the expense of life party:blush:

Yup, you guessed it. Scratchy throat, sneezing, coughing, general body aches. I'm getting sick. And my surgery is in 6 days.

What do I do?!?!?! If I call Dr. K will he call in a prescription for me to wipe out this cold I'm coming down with? Sheesh, is there even a medication I can take to wipe out a cold before it really starts??? Because I don't think they can do my surgery if I've got a cold, can they?!?!?

:biggrin::mellow::crying::mellow::thumbup::scared2::cool2::crying:

Jme, try 50 mg of zinc, twice a day. sleep with vaporizier near your bed, head up on 2 pillows. Good luck!

:reddevil:Well, this is the last weigh-in for the Halloween challenge. I am down 6 lbs. this week!!!! I can't believe that I lost 33 pounds for this challenge. My goal was 25 and I beat it! :teeth_smile:

Our bodies are so fickle, sometimes we think we will lose fast because we have been so good and lose nothing. Then you have a bad day (or more) and lose more???? I know that it will level out and I probably won't lose anything for awhile, but I will take what I can get (as long as it doesn't go up).

The best medicine to get me out of my depression is LOSING WEIGHT!

Well I got an itemized bill for my er visit. My ct scan cost $9371.00!! WTF! My labs cost $1800.00! Add in some other costs and you got a total bill of $12,500. Remind me to not get sick or have an emergency!!

Today, my office allowed us to dress up for Halloween. Here is the picture of my coworker Kiersten and I. (Sorry for bad quality, it's a cellphone picture).

She is Cinderella. I'm ready for bed, haha. Flannel PJs, kitty cat slippers, pig tails, and a big stuffed elephant named Murphy. Thought you all would enjoy this.

(I hope this works!)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

post-245605-13813137825166_thumb.jpg

I need to adjust my loss for the challenge. I went back in the threads and realized my starting weight was 246. I thought it was higher. So my final weight loss was 24 pounds. I was one pound short of my goal, but that's ok. I am happy with my progress.

:reddevil:Well, this is the last weigh-in for the Halloween challenge. I am down 6 lbs. this week!!!! I can't believe that I lost 33 pounds for this challenge. My goal was 25 and I beat it! :teeth_smile:

Our bodies are so fickle, sometimes we think we will lose fast because we have been so good and lose nothing. Then you have a bad day (or more) and lose more???? I know that it will level out and I probably won't lose anything for awhile, but I will take what I can get (as long as it doesn't

Bella-a CT scan should NOT, NOT, NOT cost that much!!!!! An MRI costs thousands of dollars less than that and it is a superior test to the CT!! Something is very, very wrong here!!!!!!! I would vigorously challenge that charge and demand an explanation as to why it is so much!! A CT scan should have not cost more that $1200 or $1300 tops. Get on those people!!

Today, my office allowed us to dress up for Halloween. Here is the picture of my coworker Kiersten and I. (Sorry for bad quality, it's a cellphone picture).

She is Cinderella. I'm ready for bed, haha. Flannel PJs, kitty cat slippers, pig tails, and a big stuffed elephant named Murphy. Thought you all would enjoy this.

(I hope this works!)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Adorable as always, and the best part is that you get to kick back in your jammies all day!! Happy Halloween back at ya!!

Hi Everyone!

Happy Halloween!

I have been gone for a while. At a conference out of town and just busy with work and feeling out of sorts!

Life goes on... as we all well know.

I don't think I can address everyone's post, so I'll just trying to catch up with reading, but start fresh today.

Bella,

Your ER bill is out of control! That is just clearly insane! I can't believe it! I remember my stupid insurance forcing me to go to a hospital for my ultrasound for a total cost of $1500 - when I tore my achilles tendon... when I could have gone to an outpatient rad center and pay $125.00. My deductible was 10%, so I just paid out of pocket and went to the more convenient - park outside the door and hobble in free standing place. Stupid Stupid Stupid! I know my surgery cost over $40K, because I had to have it in the main OR of the hospital and stay overnight. Can you imagine?

I hope they are willing to work out something with you to lower the payment and let you pay monthly installments. That's only fair.

Congrats on your total loss for the challenge.

Mini! I lost 5.4 lbs this week! Finally broke my plateau!!! I'll have to check my calendar to see what my total was for the challenge. Yeah!!!

Jaime! How are you feeling? Is the cold better? I'd say stay in bed all weekend, drink plenty of fluids and get lots and lots of rest! It's true as long as you don't have a fever or a lot of chest congestion i.e. weezing, etc. They should be able to do the surgery.

Munchi! I also love funny men! I don't really care what they look like as long as they are smart and can make me laugh! I love laughing! My daughter is the same way, when she looks at potential boyfriends.

Lapdancer! Let me know how the plastic surgery stuff goes. I'm counting down to the 39 BMI mark so that I can get my lower tummy and arms done. My doctor said the insurance will pay for the tummy and most likely my arms. I'm sorry to hear you're still having back problems, but I'm sure that the surgery will help improve things greatly! PLUS, I have a feeling that I am carrying atleast 20 lbs of excess skin and fat there!

Okay kids! No political statement here, BUT please don't forget to vote on Tuesday! My daughter and I voted on Wednesday! It was her first time and she was thrilled! It was an event for her! It brought tears to my eyes to see how serious she took it -- she had her little cheat sheet with all of the amendments on it. She's researched the heck out of all the candidates and she just makes me proud!

Vote People Vote!!!

Thanks for the prayer Marcy! I need it!

Hugs,

dee~

Our bodies are so fickle, sometimes we think we will lose fast because we have been so good and lose nothing. Then you have a bad day (or more) and lose more???? I know that it will level out and I probably won't lose anything for awhile, but I will take what I can get (as long as it doesn't

Bella-a CT scan should NOT, NOT, NOT cost that much!!!!! An MRI costs thousands of dollars less than that and it is a superior test to the CT!! Something is very, very wrong here!!!!!!! I would vigorously challenge that charge and demand an explanation as to why it is so much!! A CT scan should have not cost more that $1200 or $1300 tops. Get on those people!!

My MRI cost me $1300.00 (that's the total charge) when I ruptured my achilles tendon AND it was a state of the art "open MRI" -- That charge is nuts! Challenge it indeed!

(I hope this works!)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

I love it! I think you guys look great!

I'm not sure of the other nurses - but we aren't allowed to dress in costumes... how unfortunate!

Jaime! How are you feeling? Is the cold better? I'd say stay in bed all weekend, drink plenty of fluids and get lots and lots of rest! It's true as long as you don't have a fever or a lot of chest congestion i.e. weezing, etc. They should be able to do the surgery.

Hey Dee!!! Been wondering where they heck you were! Cold is feeling better today. Throat is sore and I've sneezed a few times, but overall body aches are dwindling. Hopefully all these fluids I'm drinking and all the sleep I'm getting is helping me. I don't have a fever, and I don't have any chest congestion, so I'm good to go for surgery on Wednesday!!! :teeth_smile:

So, are we still on for RR on Tuesday Nov 4th? Just tell me when and I'll be there. Of course, I'd love to have someone's phone number in case I get lost! Also, if anyone can tell me the street address - I plan to Google Maps all my locations so I can get driving directions everywhere. I hate getting lost!

OMG 5 days!!!! This is my last weekend without the band!!! :)