Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Cool. When are you complete with your 21 day detox? We can start then. I am traveling this week so it's not a good week for me to start BFL anyway. Anyone else wanna join us?

I'll be done with my Detox (sounds like I'm a drug addict in a locked facility) on the 16th of September. If you want to start before that, I'm okay with cutting Detox short! Anyone else?? Wanna join us?

dee, wish I had a tenth of your drive. Man.

Well, final challenge weigh in: 197.6. Not the ten lbs I'd hoped for but I'm pretty pleased to be firmly out of the 200s. I'm up for the Halloween challenge if anyone else wants to play along!

Thanks Mini-girl! I'm interested in a Halloween Challenge... how many weeks would that be? Wanna be our fearful leader? Adorkable did a great job!!!

Adorkable: I weighed in at 248 this morning. I think that makes 11 pounds for the challenge. One over my goal!!!!!!! Losing weight is the best gift to myself. Today is my b-day!!

Well, TOM is visiting right now and I am having a hard time eating. I feel like EVERYTHING is going down hard. I know that you feel tighter during this time, but does it affect how you eat? I have pb'd several times. I hope that it means that I will need an unfill.

TOM is the same with me! I have mentioned it previously, I have to be extra diligent to chew to liquid and not take big bites during that time. I also hardly get in 300 calories during those days and often times have to resort to Protein Drinks. It only lasts 3 days for me, but I take it super slow! Fear not! It's normal for most women who still have that dreaded TOM!

Long post with loads of replies to:

he will have abdominal surgery on tuesday to correct that. so please, once again, cross all those appendages for the boy...god bless him, he is the sweetest guy and is being very stoic through all this...not so much for the mother. I am a mess.

hello to you all...congrats on losses, tatts, nsv's, etc. glad to see some lately absentees back....i will update in a couple of days.

Deb healing thoughts sent your way. It's one thing when adults get sick but when the kiddos tackle it that is totally different. So emotionally draining.

Okay, so this may be unwanted advice and, if so, take it for what it's worth: Mal and Dynamo (Dynamo, we've never "met" but since we both have mini in our names, I feel an instant kinship . . .) do you think it would be helpful for you to go on some sort of eating "plan" for a few weeks to get things jump-started again. South Beach? Atkins? WW? Or something? I know when I've had a "bad-eating" relapse in the past, the only way I could pull out of it was to do something very structured and specific. I can't be trusted to make good decisions on my own. I can rationalize with the best of them when it comes to having a milkshake or something, and I know, in my case, that I just have to bite the bullet and follow the guidelines.

Just my 2 cents . . .

Two cents are great.

I want to say to all that getting banded doesn't end there. It's important to understand that all along the way we are changing. Tapping into why we eat what we eat, and we all have red light foods, is a journey in and of itself.

I believe for some certain foods are toxic. For me that would be sugar. Sugar can send me to the moon and alter my mood and since addiction is in my family, mood altering is no stranger to me and mine.

Whatever it takes, boots back on and straps up, whatever it takes, come back here and check in. Check BACK TO SEE YOU ARE MISSED AND LOVED.

I personally had a bad experience with WW where a weighing person 'chastised' me. Okay, I already have a mom who did plenty with a belt so I don't need another chastise. That was my thought when I left WW for the last time. (and I always felt like it was 'smiles..keep coming back so we can get your money') and I was oh, so broke in those days. At any rate, that is my issue and I continue to deal with many.

*Mal you better watch it girl, when I get super mobile, I am going on a mighty whirlwind road trip and I may take a piper to your little nook. In turn I'd love to have you here in Florida. I have to heal!! Meanwhile, Hanna is blowing this way next but looks like it will hit the east coast. Got slight wind and rain from Gustav but we were lucky. THANKS!

Lap - like I said before...get your arse outta there and come visit me...no natural disasters here!:smile: If you choose not to, make sure you have a 72 hour kit (stuff you may need for a few days - Water, food, granola bars, sweatshirt, undies) in a backpack by the door so if the sh@$ hits the proverbial fan (well, in this case...the fan throwing the sh@$) then you can just grab the bag on the way out. Take care sister!:frown:

Hi Michelle, I am so glad you're back! I am struggling with this food issue too. I want to be NORMAL, but my NORMAL choice this weekend was to eat a half-gallon of Rocky Road ice cream. I can't belive I just typed that, but it's the truth. No chewing, no PBing and in three attempts over 2 days I had reached the bottom of the container.

I'm stopping mid post because this hits me at so many levels. The first reaction is Ziplock plastic bags for photos. Go through them later. Lettters and all. You can see through the plastic for a quick check but a year from now is the time to go through all the treasure troves. I watch that show about clutter and organization...they have awesome tips.

So, I'm up a pound and I didn't make my Labor Day challenge. Only 3 pounds total lost, but it's a new day and I'm taking Mini's advice to get on with an eating plan. Feeling better already!!!:frown:

Hi all - I'm sorry to be posting so infrequently. Trauma at home and at school have kept me preoccupied. But I did lose a pound this week - I'm at 218. That is 5 lbs for the challenge and I wanted 8 but like everyone else, I'll take it.

Lap - I'm praying for all of you suffering with Gustav and after effects.

Sidann and Munch...that you so much for your support involving my back, the pain meds, finding resolution. It pointed me in a determined direction.

Adorkable: I weighed in at 248 this morning. I think that makes 11 pounds for the challenge. One over my goal!!!!!!! Losing weight is the best gift to myself. Today is my b-day!!

Well, TOM is visiting right now and I am having a hard time eating. I feel like EVERYTHING is going down hard. I know that you feel tighter during this time, but does it affect how you eat? I have pb'd several times. I hope that it means that I will need an unfill.

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

And just to let you all know, when I get mobile and thinner (that would be one in the same) I'm going on

a

Medical Mystery Tour

Yes yes yes....

I'm getting on a plane and I'm touring parts as of yet unknown and I'm stopping to visit friends and loved ones and I'm going to take two months with a pause in between to satisfy hubby from leaving him too long.

So up and coming is

Patty's Medical Mystery Tour

Okay, peeps. Rene' suggested a Halloween challenge, and I'm willing to keep track. Let's start this coming Friday. That will give us 8 weeks until Halloween. Weigh yourselves on Friday and figure out how much you want to lose, then just send me your weight loss goal; no need to send your weight (too many numbers make me confused!). I'll just keep track of the minuses (YAY!) and pluses (BOO!) as we go along.

As Rene' said - it's SCARY to think how much we could lose by Halloween! But we'll all be looking BOOOOOtiful by then!!:frown::frown::smile:

Okay, peeps. Rene' suggested a Halloween challenge, and I'm willing to keep track. Let's start this coming Friday. That will give us 8 weeks until Halloween. Weigh yourselves on Friday and figure out how much you want to lose, then just send me your weight loss goal; no need to send your weight (too many numbers make me confused!). I'll just keep track of the minuses (YAY!) and pluses (BOO!) as we go along.

As Rene' said - it's SCARY to think how much we could lose by Halloween! But we'll all be looking BOOOOOtiful by then!!:frown::frown::smile:

You Rock Mini!!!

Thanks!

I'll join! Hmmm, 8 weeks -- let me see --- (thinking, thinking, thinking!) put me down for 28lbs.

Maybe I better hop on the scale so that I know how much I weigh before the challenge starts and I can see how I did with this ending challenge... shall I?

Two cents are great.

I want to say to all that getting banded doesn't end there. It's important to understand that all along the way we are changing. Tapping into why we eat what we eat, and we all have red light foods, is a journey in and of itself.

I believe for some certain foods are toxic. For me that would be sugar. Sugar can send me to the moon and alter my mood and since addiction is in my family, mood altering is no stranger to me and mine.

Whatever it takes, boots back on and straps up, whatever it takes, come back here and check in. Check BACK TO SEE YOU ARE MISSED AND LOVED.

I personally had a bad experience with WW where a weighing person 'chastised' me. Okay, I already have a mom who did plenty with a belt so I don't need another chastise. That was my thought when I left WW for the last time. (and I always felt like it was 'smiles..keep coming back so we can get your money') and I was oh, so broke in those days. At any rate, that is my issue and I continue to deal with many.

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

And just to let you all know, when I get mobile and thinner (that would be one in the same) I'm going on

a

Medical Mystery Tour

Yes yes yes....

I'm getting on a plane and I'm touring parts as of yet unknown and I'm stopping to visit friends and loved ones and I'm going to take two months with a pause in between to satisfy hubby from leaving him too long.

So up and coming is

Patty! You're so cute!!!

You can come and see me on your Medical Mystery Tour!!

I'll promise to keep the toxins out of the way! Sugar is bad for me, BUT those crunchy enemies are the worst! Corn chips, Tortilla chips, Breads!!! Evil, Just plain and simple EVIL!!!

This has been such a learning experience for me. I am struggling and yet finding victory when I least expect it.

I had a bad experience with WW too. I had lost too much in one week. I really dealt with dependent edema at the time and it was all Water weight. The facilitator yelled at me and told me if I lost that much one more time, they wouldn't allow me back in the program! Hateful woman! What do they want from us? She said it was obvious I was doing my own thing!

I love all of my Banditos here. Thank you for coming on my journey with me and inviting me along on yours!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
Add verbosity and spelling errors!

Shelbi...My heart goes out to you! My brother also committed suicide and I know my mother never recovered. When my mom retired last year, all of us kids went home to help her clean out her house so she could move and it was tragic! Every single one of us had a major melt down at one point. My mom wouldnt let go of anything....she was like your mom in that she kept everything!! Let me know if you need to talk.

Thanks. As much as I hate to hear that you've experienced this too, I'm glad you're here. I can't believe that 33 years after my brother's death, I can still get upset about it. And, I'm sad to admit, angry at my feeble little 91-year-old pop for the things he says about the situation. My brother had schizophenia at a time when there were no good treatment options and my dad will never understand. I have done a pretty good job of letting go, but sometimes.....

Hi all - I'm sorry to be posting so infrequently. Trauma at home and at school have kept me preoccupied. But I did lose a pound this week - I'm at 218. That is 5 lbs for the challenge and I wanted 8 but like everyone else, I'll take it.

Lap - I'm praying for all of you suffering with Gustav and after effects.

Hang in there, Sid. Thinking of you.

Cool. When are you complete with your 21 day detox? We can start then. I am traveling this week so it's not a good week for me to start BFL anyway. Anyone else wanna join us?

Renee & Dee: Ok, I googled BFL. Can I get all the info I need from the website? Do I have to buy anything? I'm interested in this challenge for sure -- as long as there's nothing to buy! I swore to myself that my band would be my last investment in diet-related stuff.

Happy Birthday and congrats on the loss, Bella!

So up and coming is

LOVE IT!!!!! You must come to NC! We'll drink Mint Julips on the front porch, fan ourselves and have a lovely afternoon!

I'm in for 22 pounds, my dear Mini. That will put me at GOAL!!!! (I'm not counting the pound I gained this week in. It'll be gone before this Friday's start date!)

Thanks everyone for your kind words and for listening to me about my weekend meltdown. Family stuff is the worst.

Ok, I did pretty bad with the last challenge. But I will just start again and say I want to lose 20 by halloween. I think I may try to get a fill here because the last one hasn't really helped. Start my weight at 293.5 thanks to stupid TOM.

Edited by lotzasunshine

Ok, I did pretty bad with the last challenge. But I will just start again and say I want to lose 20 by halloween. I think I may try to get a fill here because the last one hasn't really helped. Start my weight at 293.5 thanks to stupid TOM.

Yup Lotza! That's what I love about my band... if you fall off the Band wagon, you can just get up, dust your 'baggy butt jeans" off (all my pants are now baggy butt pants) and climb back aboard. Everyday is a new start -- and every fill gives us a new opportunity!

Hey you're still in Twoterville!:smile:

Hugs, dee~:frown:

Adork: I am at 296.6 which is 5 pounds this past week and 19.9 for the challenge...wow..didn't quite realize that:smile2: I have been so focused on my dog that i wasn't watching me. I am definitely in for the next challenge. I am having my first fill sometime the week of Sept. 22, I think, and obviously I have no clue how that affects my eating/losing. So..hmmm..maybe 15 pounds for the challenge?

doggie update: Tucker made it through the first surgery. However, the radiologist wants to do an endoscopy before doing the hernia surgery as he is afraid it might not be a hernia but a mass of some sort. Of course, I would prefer a benign mass over anything else, but can't be sure of that. Also a little pneumonia in part of a lung (but not symptomatic) and they are sending out thyroid screen for check on hypothyroidism. I know this all sounds outlandish to those of you with kids and other family, but Tucker IS my baby and costs just aren't important...at this point I can't say I would spend this much but not that much.

Am sorry to hear about families that stress out their members. Just hold on, and come back here for the support you deserve. One thing this group of bandsters has shown is that it seems as if there is one of us on here who has experienced similar situations and is able to give sound advice.

Take care all of you.

Yup Lotza! That's what I love about my band... if you fall off the Band wagon, you can just get up, dust your 'baggy butt jeans" off (all my pants are now baggy butt pants) and climb back aboard. Everyday is a new start -- and every fill gives us a new opportunity!

Hey you're still in Twoterville!:thumbup:

Hugs, dee~:laugh:

Well said, Dee!!

Adork: I am at 296.6 which is 5 pounds this past week and 19.9 for the challenge...wow..didn't quite realize that:smile2: I have been so focused on my dog that i wasn't watching me. I am definitely in for the next challenge. I am having my first fill sometime the week of Sept. 22, I think, and obviously I have no clue how that affects my eating/losing. So..hmmm..maybe 15 pounds for the challenge?

doggie update: Tucker made it through the first surgery. However, the radiologist wants to do an endoscopy before doing the hernia surgery as he is afraid it might not be a hernia but a mass of some sort. Of course, I would prefer a benign mass over anything else, but can't be sure of that. Also a little pneumonia in part of a lung (but not symptomatic) and they are sending out thyroid screen for check on hypothyroidism. I know this all sounds outlandish to those of you with kids and other family, but Tucker IS my baby and costs just aren't important...at this point I can't say I would spend this much but not that much.

Am sorry to hear about families that stress out their members. Just hold on, and come back here for the support you deserve. One thing this group of bandsters has shown is that it seems as if there is one of us on here who has experienced similar situations and is able to give sound advice.

Take care all of you.

Doesn't sound outlandish to me at all! I would spend every last penny I have on any of my kids, whether they have 2 legs or 4 legs. Tucker is lucky to have you for his person. :cool2:

Hi gals,

I just returned from the hospital. Thank you so very much for the gift ideas (I got a chance to read some posts before i left). I decided on a t-shirt and a hat. Next week I will bring him a collage of pictures of us having good times with some empty spots for our future pictures. and a poster of his favorite band, maybe we can hang them on the ceiling (thanks Denver). He has lost 30 pounds, still no fingers and hand movements, no leg movement. His spirit is down but I am always happy to be able to see him and spend some time with him.

Deb~I think of you and Tucker often, I know this must be so very hard for you to go through. Just know that I thinkof you both and pray for tucker.

I am emotionally drained and exhausted and Buster still needs his walk...YIKES!

Have a relaxing evening gals!

COUNT (Dracula) ME IN FOR THE HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE!

spinner21.gif

Sounds like a great new challenge for us. Put me down for 20 lbs.

Hi gals,

I just returned from the hospital. Thank you so very much for the gift ideas (I got a chance to read some posts before i left). I decided on a t-shirt and a hat. Next week I will bring him a collage of pictures of us having good times with some empty spots for our future pictures. and a poster of his favorite band, maybe we can hang them on the ceiling (thanks Denver). He has lost 30 pounds, still no fingers and hand movements, no leg movement. His spirit is down but I am always happy to be able to see him and spend some time with him.

Deb~I think of you and Tucker often, I know this must be so very hard for you to go through. Just know that I thinkof you both and pray for tucker.

I am emotionally drained and exhausted and Buster still needs his walk...YIKES!

Have a relaxing evening gals!

Mal, that sounds like a wonderful gift. I was thinking about the music thing . . . you could give him an iTunes gift card and then offer to download some new music for him.

Take care all of you.

Keep us all posted. And I think there are lots of people here who totally understand your love and devotion for Tucker. I have both kids and dogs and I can tell you that they really are equally important to me. Maybe that sounds weird, but they are family members. Period.