Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I am feeling cranky today, ladies. I'm hoping we'll get to leave early due to the holiday weekend (which often happens). I've been up late several nights this week writing, it's TOM and I'm just feeling blah. Beau and I were going to go to a sci-fi convention this week but I decided I'm just not in the mood. It would be wall-to-wall people, hot and we'd be on the go non-stop. I'd rather get some cleaning done and relax at home. I guess I'm getting old.

I'm feeling cranky for another reason, too. I have a thread elsewhere for fill docs in my home state because I was having trouble finding one way back when and wanted to share my info. Personally I wanted a doctor who does the surgery to do my fills so he could help in case of a problem, since I'm thousands of miles away from Dr K. Anything wrong with that? I don't think so. Personal preference and all that.

I knew others were also looking for docs. There's a Fill Centers USA provider nearby but I wasn't interested in that. And yet...I just keep getting comments about them. The last person got kind of snippy with me when I corrected her. She had said the person was a doctor and I said no, she's an ANRP (advanced registered nurse practitioner).

I would never disparage a medical professional for not being an MD, I have gotten great care from many PAs, CNPs, RNs, et cetera and I respect them all highly (unless they give me reason not to :lol:). I am sure you can have a good experience with any of them. I just wanted a doctor, and you shouldn't say someone is a fill doc if they're not, because that's misleading. I'm all for full disclosure, people.

Geez, between this and the crazy CO lady I realize I am spoiled most of the time, I have so many good interactions with people in this thread! :biggrin:

I am feeling cranky today, ladies. I'm hoping we'll get to leave early due to the holiday weekend (which often happens). I've been up late several nights this week writing, it's TOM and I'm just feeling blah. Beau and I were going to go to a sci-fi convention this week but I decided I'm just not in the mood. It would be wall-to-wall people, hot and we'd be on the go non-stop. I'd rather get some cleaning done and relax at home. I guess I'm getting old.

I'm feeling cranky for another reason, too. I have a thread elsewhere for fill docs in my home state because I was having trouble finding one way back when and wanted to share my info. Personally I wanted a doctor who does the surgery to do my fills so he could help in case of a problem, since I'm thousands of miles away from Dr K. Anything wrong with that? I don't think so. Personal preference and all that.

I knew others were also looking for docs. There's a Fill Centers USA provider nearby but I wasn't interested in that. And yet...I just keep getting comments about them. The last person got kind of snippy with me when I corrected her. She had said the person was a doctor and I said no, she's an ANRP (advanced registered nurse practitioner).

I would never disparage a medical professional for not being an MD, I have gotten great care from many PAs, CNPs, RNs, et cetera and I respect them all highly (unless they give me reason not to :lol:). I am sure you can have a good experience with any of them. I just wanted a doctor, and you shouldn't say someone is a fill doc if they're not, because that's misleading. I'm all for full disclosure, people.

Geez, between this and the crazy CO lady I realize I am spoiled most of the time, I have so many good interactions with people in this thread! :biggrin:

You sound like you need a nice weekend at home. Good choice not to go to the convention.

I really only post on this thread. The few times I've ventured away I haven't really felt the warm fuzziness that we show each other here. I don't know why people get snippy. It's odd.

Green and Mini, I"m with you - everybody on the Dr. K site is so nice and welcoming.

For those of you in the Denver area, where can I buy slim fast low carb? I have only seen it at Walgreens, and it was $7.50 for a 4-pack!

Thanks!

I would never disparage a medical professional for not being an MD, I have gotten great care from many PAs, CNPs, RNs, et cetera and I respect them all highly (unless they give me reason not to :biggrin:). I am sure you can have a good experience with any of them. I just wanted a doctor, and you shouldn't say someone is a fill doc if they're not, because that's misleading. I'm all for full disclosure, people.

Geez, between this and the crazy CO lady I realize I am spoiled most of the time, I have so many good interactions with people in this thread! :tt2:

Crankiness must be the order of the weekend....:rolleyes:

Ok....so here is my not so good spin class experience. We were about 15 minutes in, and doing "climbs" (standing on the bike). I have a history of having syncopal episodes (which is a big fancy name for saying passing out). I have not had one in about 5 years because I am VERY cognizant of the preceding signs/symptoms before I am about to have one. The first time we did climbs, I felt woozy, but it improved once we sat back down. The second time, I definitely felt my syncopal symptoms coming on- dizziness, nausea, and generalized just not feeling well. So I immediately got off the bike, went into the locker room area, and laid on a bench (which is what I am supposed to do-lie down). I layed there for quite some time, started to feel better. Sat up for awhile. The next thing I knew I was waking up on the floor-seems I had passed out after all. And I have a nice huge bruise on my jaw to prove it. Yikes. Kind of scared me. But I was really glad no one walked in and found me that way or it would have bought me an ambulance ride over to my place of employment across the street! (And probably scared the poo out of them because my heart rate drops to about 30 when I have one of these episodes. A lay person would have probably coded me!)

So now I have a call in to my PCP. I have a feeling my electrolytes and such are all messed up from not eating well recently. Sigh....not a good way to start the day.:rolleyes:

The photo looks fantastic! Thanks for posting it.

Mal you look so great. WOW cheekbones!

Thanks Lap! I really needed to hear that, I haven't lost pounds in forever...inches, yes, pounds I am fighting them like hell! I find it tough to post because I really don't have much to contribute, being over a year out, I would like to e able to give some pointers and positive feedback, but I still gain and lose the same few pounds...ugh, it is annoying! I really need to get in for another fill (you would think that would be easy since i live a few minutes away from Dr. K's office), but I have a tough time scheduling time off...it sucks!:rolleyes:

Edited by Mal
duh

Green and Mini, I"m with you - everybody on the Dr. K site is so nice and welcoming.

For those of you in the Denver area, where can I buy slim fast low carb? I have only seen it at Walgreens, and it was $7.50 for a 4-pack!

Thanks!

Hi Denver! I am so glad that I got to meet you the other night. Have you tried Wal-Mart? I LOVE the dark chocolate Atkins Advantage shakes, they are sooo yummy! I get mine from Sam's or Wal-Mart, I think the 4pk at WM is around 6$.

Edited by Mal
goof

well, fellow animal lovers, it is serious time again with Tucker. he has been improving soooo much, getting strength back and eating well. This morning he had another respiratory distress incident (couldn't breathe/tongue turning blue). We RUSHED across town to the emergency hospital where he is now. They have him sedated and are giving him oxygen. If he is up to it, they are going to perform unilateral LP surgery on him on Sunday. They will stitch back one of the paralyzed sides of larnyx so that he can breathe. The problem with that surgery is that it leaves the patient vulnerable to aspiration pneumonia. Right now, we are just praying that he isn't too weakened by this that surgery isn't an option. Keep sending prayers, chants, and positive thoughts to the Northwest.

Zumba kicked my arse tonight. There was an anesthesiologist from the hospital behind me in the class and I told her I was glad she was there so she could resuscitate me when I keeled over. :rolleyes: Not sure how it is going to be on my plantar fascitis, it is already hurting more than it has been the previous few weeks, so I will see how it is in the morning.

Seriously though, it was kind of fun. I am just woefully out of shape!

I am trying the spinning class tomorrow if I can drag my lazy butt out of bed! I am NOT a morning person! :biggrin:

What is Zumba?

I'm going to do the Latin fusion class!

The Spinning class looks fun, but my arse is still too big to fit on that tiny bike seat!

You know Sweetie! I'm so glad you're still coming here and posting! If you want to talk on the telie, call me or PM me and I'll call you! When I'm feeling down I just hide and I know that's bad!

I've not felt like doing anything outside my home, but my friend called and INSISTED I go out - I was pissed! BUT once I got out, I was so glad I did. Is there someone you can just get out with? Even if you just go to a movie or the mall or a park or lake. Just to get out of the house!

Do you have to work this weekend?

Thanks!

I get mine at Sam's Club off of C-470. It's the only place I've been able to find it. I heard, but haven't seen that they changed the Atkin's shakes. Does anyone know that? I did see the package says, "new taste'" --

The Low Carb Slim Fasts aren't too expensive at Sam's Club.

well, fellow animal lovers, it is serious time again with Tucker. he has been improving soooo much, getting strength back and eating well. This morning he had another respiratory distress incident (couldn't breathe/tongue turning blue). We RUSHED across town to the emergency hospital where he is now. They have him sedated and are giving him oxygen. If he is up to it, they are going to perform unilateral LP surgery on him on Sunday. They will stitch back one of the paralyzed sides of larnyx so that he can breathe. The problem with that surgery is that it leaves the patient vulnerable to aspiration pneumonia. Right now, we are just praying that he isn't too weakened by this that surgery isn't an option. Keep sending prayers, chants, and positive thoughts to the Northwest.

Deb, Prayers are going out for you Dear! Take care of yourself and let us know how Tucker is doing. Hang in there! dee~

Thanks Lap! I really needed to hear that, I haven't lost pounds in forever...inches, yes, pounds I am fighting them like hell! I find it tough to post because I really don't have much to contribute, being over a year out, I would like to e able to give some pointers and positive feedback, but I still gain and lose the same few pounds...ugh, it is annoying! I really need to get in for another fill (you would think that would be easy since i live a few minutes away from Dr. K's office), but I have a tough time scheduling time off...it sucks!:rolleyes:

Mal!!!

I feel like just making you sit in the naughty chair!!!

You are such a big part of this group and YOU always contribute to us! We love you and for you to think you have nothing to contribute is just totally untrue! Your support is invaluable!!!

Don't make me go to your house!!! AND GET YOU!!!

hugs,

dee~

Ok....so here is my not so good spin class experience. We were about 15 minutes in, and doing "climbs" (standing on the bike). I have a history of having syncopal episodes (which is a big fancy name for saying passing out). I have not had one in about 5 years because I am VERY cognizant of the preceding signs/symptoms before I am about to have one. The first time we did climbs, I felt woozy, but it improved once we sat back down. The second time, I definitely felt my syncopal symptoms coming on- dizziness, nausea, and generalized just not feeling well. So I immediately got off the bike, went into the locker room area, and laid on a bench (which is what I am supposed to do-lie down). I layed there for quite some time, started to feel better. Sat up for awhile. The next thing I knew I was waking up on the floor-seems I had passed out after all. And I have a nice huge bruise on my jaw to prove it. Yikes. Kind of scared me. But I was really glad no one walked in and found me that way or it would have bought me an ambulance ride over to my place of employment across the street! (And probably scared the poo out of them because my heart rate drops to about 30 when I have one of these episodes. A lay person would have probably coded me!)

So now I have a call in to my PCP. I have a feeling my electrolytes and such are all messed up from not eating well recently. Sigh....not a good way to start the day.:rolleyes:

Oh my Goodness! That's horrible scary!! Munchie, how are you feeling now? Did you get in with your PCP? I'm afraid it might be that your lytes are off. You really haven't eaten well for awhile.

did I miss your post about your barium stuff? How did it go? Did they find out what was going on?

I would never disparage a medical professional for not being an MD, I have gotten great care from many PAs, CNPs, RNs, et cetera and I respect them all highly (unless they give me reason not to :rolleyes:). I am sure you can have a good experience with any of them. I just wanted a doctor, and you shouldn't say someone is a fill doc if they're not, because that's misleading. I'm all for full disclosure, people.

Greenie,

We are all entitled to be cranky every once in awhile. I'm sorry about people being ugly! Snippy is not allowed! Aren't you glad we are so nice?

I agree with you about having an MD AND for someone to assume that an RN, PA or NP is the same, they are insane. I love Tom, the PA at Dr. K's office, but we are just fortunate! I have heard some real horror stories from others who have had fills by RN's, PA's or NP's. The experience they lack makes it very unfortunate for the poor patients!