Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dee,

WOW & HOLY COW..I am soooo impressed by your ticker - 90 lbs down since January 29? That is unbelievable. Please tell me how you got such great results. Are you exercising like a demon?

Dr. K's BBQ 10 week Weight Loss Challenge - Week 9

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week - 7th week - 8th week - 9th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6-7.0-1.0+0.0+4.2-6.6-5.0+7.6-11.8:wub:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+2.0-2.0-5:wub:

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+5.0:wub:

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0-4.0+1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0:tt1:

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8-2.0-1.4+1.0+0.0-1.2-0.8-1.4:wub:

Dork = 23lbs+1.0-1.0-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0-1.0-4.0-2.0:wub:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0+1.5-0.5-1.0+3.0-4.5rolleyes.gif

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0-5.4-1.7+0.0-3.0-3.0:tt1:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5-3.0-1.0-2.0+3.0+0.0:tongue_smilie:

Amieru = 20lbs-2-5.0+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0+0.0-3.0:tongue_smilie:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5+1.5-3.0-3.0+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0:wub:

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0-1.5-2.0+1.0-4.0-1.5-2.0+1.0:wub:

John T = 15lbs-2.0+0.0+0.0-3.0-2.0-1.0-1.0-2.0-2.0:wub:

bahotmamma = 20lbs-1.5-1.0-2.0-4.0-2.0-1.0-2.0:tongue_smilie:

Munchkin=--------------------0.0+0.0-3.0-1.0-2.0-1.0:wub:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs

Week Four Losses 18.9lbs

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbs

Week Six Losses 20.1 :tt2:

Week Seven Losses rolleyes.gif

Week Eight Losses :)

Week Nine Losses :rolleyes2:

I'm sorry Peeps, if I'm not up to date with everyone. I went back and searched looking for this week's weigh in for Shelbi, Brandy, Woofay (where in the world are you?), Grandma Lapdancer (no scale in Texas, Missy? - or are you too busy hugging on that babyboy?), Amieru, bahotmamma, and Miss Marcy. Sorry, if I just missed it! You know when you're my age, the eyes just don't work as well anymore!

Just kidding!:eek:

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
thanks Brandy-Girl~

Dee,

WOW & HOLY COW..I am soooo impressed by your ticker - 90 lbs down since January 29? That is unbelievable. Please tell me how you got such great results. Are you exercising like a demon?

Thanks!

I am riding my recumbent cycle every day! Seven days a week for 35 mins. I confess, while I was out of town, I didn't get to ride but I got back on this morning.

I had two months where, I lost nothing one month and only 0.8lbs another month. I was pretty strict with my carbs during that time and I think that it stalled me. I added whole grains back into my diet and it got me going again! I love really good whole grains and I need them to feel satiated. I think I'm pretty fortunate to be in the Green Zone right now. I've had two fills, one was 3.3 and one was 0.25. I'm only 1/3 of my way there. I've lost 30% of my excess weight. If I think about it that way, it's pretty daunting! So I broke my goals down to 100/100/70.

You'll see that each of us do things differently. It's good to find what works for you and then just tweak it as you go to keep the scale moving. I know the frustration of stepping on a scale every morning to see the same number! It sucks!

Dee,

If it wouldn't be too time consuming, would you mind posting what your Breakfast, lunch and dinner is on an average day? I'm VERY curious about what amounts/foods people actually eat once they are on solids. Thanks again - so great to have this resource~! Keep up the super work with your exercise- that is awesome

Dee,

If it wouldn't be too time consuming, would you mind posting what your breakfast, lunch and dinner is on an average day? I'm VERY curious about what amounts/foods people actually eat once they are on solids. Thanks again - so great to have this resource~! Keep up the super work with your exercise- that is awesome

I'm pretty simple when it comes to my food. I learned from Dr. Oz that it's best to choose three or four meals that are enjoyable, healthy and simple and then incorporate those meals into your day. It's easy to stay on track if you don't have to think too hard. I'm good at pre-planning.

I have several breakfasts that all include eggs. I love eggs and the Protein keeps me satiated longer.

My typical breakfast includes:

1 egg either scrambled or fried in olive oil. (6 grams of protein)

1 small slice of very hearty whole grain toast from Great Harvest bread. The Kansas Krunch and Dakota are my faves! (5 grams of protein)

1 Morningstar Farm Breakfast sausage (10 grams of protein)

or 1 Morningstar Farm Original Griller (11 grams of Protein - if I have this one, I'll eat half of my toast)

Lunch:

1/4 c. brown rice

1/2 c. mixed veggies

4 oz of Tofu (semi firm sauted with soy and onions or a soy chicken patty) *** when I ate meat, I ate 4 oz of grilled chicken, turkey slices, or a ground beef patty***

Dinner:

1/4 c. Soy Milk - fat free

3/4 c. Steel Cut oatmeal with chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, dried apricots.

Snacks are always fresh fruit - i.e. cherries, strawberries, blackberries on top of a fat free Activia vanilla yogurt. (I only eat a snack if I'm hungry between lunch and Dinner)

When I'm working, I drink 1/2 of a MIX1 drink so that I can ride my bike before showering. I have to get up at 4am to exercise before work. Other Protein drinks are too thick at that time of the morning.

Dr. K's BBQ 10 week Weight Loss Challenge - Week 9

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week - 7th week - 8th week - 9th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6-7.0-1.0+0.0+4.2-6.6-5.0+7.6-11.8:wub:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+2.0-2.0-5:wub:

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0rolleyes.gif

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0-4.0+1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0:tt1:

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8-2.0-1.4+1.0+0.0-1.2-0.8-1.4:wub:

Dork = 23lbs+1.0-1.0-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0-1.0-4.0-2.0:wub:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0+1.5-0.5-1.0+3.0-4.5rolleyes.gif

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0-5.4-1.7+0.0-3.0-3.0:tt1:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5-3.0-1.0-2.0+3.0+0.0:tongue_smilie:

Amieru = 20lbs-2-5.0+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0+0.0-3.0:tongue_smilie:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5+1.5-3.0-3.0+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0:wub:

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0-1.5-2.0+1.0-4.0-1.5-2.0+1.0:wub:

John T = 15lbs-2.0+0.0+0.0-3.0-2.0-1.0-1.0-2.0-2.0:wub:

bahotmamma = 20lbs-1.5-1.0-2.0-4.0-2.0-1.0-2.0:tongue_smilie:

Munchkin=--------------------0.0+0.0-3.0-1.0-2.0-1.0:wub:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs

Week Four Losses 18.9lbs

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbs

Week Six Losses 20.1 :tt2:

Week Seven Losses rolleyes.gif

Week Eight Losses :)

Week Nine Losses :rolleyes2:

I'm sorry Peeps, if I'm not up to date with everyone. I went back and searched looking for this week's weigh in for Shelbi, Brandy, Woofay (where in the world are you?), Grandma Lapdancer (no scale in Texas, Missy? - or are you too busy hugging on that babyboy?), Amieru, bahotmamma, and Miss Marcy. Sorry, if I just missed it! You know when you're my age, the eyes just don't work as well anymore!

Just kidding!:eek:

Hello Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRANDMA PURPLE HERE! (friend suggested this name because I am such a hippie at heart and love the color purple)I am still in Texas. No scale. Grandbaby is amazing.I will be back in Florida by the end of the week. I will miss this baby so muchbut I am missing hubby so very much. Hubby said 3 weeks is too long.

*** and Hubby bought a recumbent bike while I was gone. YAY!!

Dee...aren't upgraded men the best?!?

Oh as for me...I was up 5 (ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?)

I go in for a fill tomorrow...THANK GOD!!!! I am hoping to get .5 or more put in...this is nutso!!

I will post on Saturday what I am down...hopefully at least the 5. I HAVE BEEN A VERY GOOD GIRL THIS WEEK!!!!

Granny Purple...I want to see a picture of that new baby boy.

Tell your DD that when I was pregnant I had the same thing happen. My sweet Brennan, was supposed to be McKenna. Up until the day before, all we knew was this little girl. Had everything pink, and I still have a Christmas ornament with "McKenna" on it. Well, SUPRISE!!! I still laugh about it, he on the other hand can't stand looking at all that pink.

He was born on 11/23, so we were returning pink for blue like crazy on Thanksgiving weekend. Blech. It was terrible.

It happens though, I always wondered where he hid the turtle. Must be God's little joke!

Denver...my kids go back to school on the 14th...maybe that next week we could meet for lunch? Let me know where, I am at home so I can go anywhere.

Dee...aren't upgraded men the best?!?

Oh as for me...I was up 5 (ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?)

I go in for a fill tomorrow...THANK GOD!!!! I am hoping to get .5 or more put in...this is nutso!!

I will post on Saturday what I am down...hopefully at least the 5. I HAVE BEEN A VERY GOOD GIRL THIS WEEK!!!!

Thanks Brandy!

I love my little upgraded boyfriend! I hope things work out and he'll be my mate!

(am I rushing things?)

I hope your fill is magical and you get the help you need! I hate to post the 5 lbs gain, because I know you'll be down 5lbs by Saturday!

*** and Hubby bought a recumbent bike while I was gone. YAY!!

Lapdancer!

You're going to love your recumbent bike! I love mine! My doctor told me it is good for my knee.

I'll accept your no scale story, Honeybuns! I bet you can't wait to get home and weigh! I hate not having a scale close by!

AND I'd LOVE to see a picture of that sweet grandbaby too!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
to beg for a picture of that sweet baby!

Post it girl...it keeps me accountable. Even though this challenge has been a nightmare. Hopefully, the next one will be better...

This fill better help or else I am going to kick someones booty!

And no...your not rushing things...do you know how he is feeling???

Yes, Lap, post a pic!

dee - I love the phrase "upgraded boyfriend". That's adorable.

Brandy - it will work. You've been so successful with your band. I know you'll do fine once you get a fill. This is just a little bump in the road.

Post it girl...it keeps me accountable. Even though this challenge has been a nightmare. Hopefully, the next one will be better...

This fill better help or else I am going to kick someones booty!

And no...your not rushing things...do you know how he is feeling???

Brandy,

I posted it, but I hated doing so!

My UGBF (upgraded boyfriend) - told me that he's fallen in love with me. He says he loves everything about me. In October, we are going to spend some time together. I'm looking forward to it. He says, I won't know how much he loves me until we are together in person.

Sigh -- heavy sigh~