Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

How to break a plateau

#1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#2 - Drink 2 quarts of Water a day

#3 - You must have 45 grams of Protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high Protein foods, 5x a day

beef

pork

chicken

turkey

lamb

fish

eggs

low fat cheese

cottage cheese

plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?)

Peanut Butter

beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

tea or coffee

sugar free soda

sugar free Jello

broths/bullion (sp?)

crystal light drinks

#5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!!

#6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily

Hi, I am new to this site, but wanted to say hello. I am excited to say that I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Kirshenbaum on 6/4/2008. It's been a long time coming - I've been researching the LapBand procedure for about 4 years, and kept running into roadblock after roadblock. But the wait is finally over....or almost over. Less than 3 weeks to the big day, and I can hardly contain myself!

I can't wait to start enjoying life again :biggrin2:

N

Greetings and Welcome KCGirlieGirl!

Shelbi and I will have the Loser's Bench all warmed up for you!

Join all of us there as you start your journey!

This is a great place for support!

My name is Dee, I was banded 14 weeks ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it earlier! Like 10 years ago!

Do you have clothes that just don't fit right, now that you've lost those ugly pounds?:hurray:

Come to Dr. Kirshenbaum's office:sneaky:

May 21st @ 6pm to 7:30pm:tongue_smilie:

and swap them with other successful Banders!:cry_smile:

Hi, I am new to this site, but wanted to say hello. I am excited to say that I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Kirshenbaum on 6/4/2008. It's been a long time coming - I've been researching the LapBand procedure for about 4 years, and kept running into roadblock after roadblock. But the wait is finally over....or almost over. Less than 3 weeks to the big day, and I can hardly contain myself!

I can't wait to start enjoying life again :biggrin2:

N

Welcome! You're about a month ahead of me, so I'll be watching your journey with great interest. YAY FOR YOU!! You're so close!

I had my consultation with Paula yesterday. She was very nice. I didn't know what to expect, so I was very pleasantly surprised. It almost felt like a counseling session. So far I have been very impressed with Dr. Kirshenbaum and all of his staff.

You are all doing awesome!! I see how well everyone is doing, but I have this fear that lapband isn't going to work for me. Did any of you have that fear? Am I being irrational now that my date is getting closer?? Yikes!!

Leslie

Yes, I think we all have had that fear that this won't work, that this will be yet another failed "diet" attempt. It WILL work, some days better than others. I agree with Dee, the only regret that I have, is that I didn't have it done sooner! Best wishes on your new begining!

Dee~ thanks for the P diet. Gosh, I wonder if I have it in me...I'll have to give it a try! You are super sweet and it was amazing seeing you last night! We had a nice group of gals!

I'm still around...I get the daily email with all the posts and just read there. I don't have much to say other than after spending $500 on a couple of fills and countless thou$ands on airfare, I've lost NOTHING since January! I know I have some issues with my food choices and that's something I'm just going to have to deal with.

Another "problem" is that I truly am happy where I am. I'm not thinking about the food I put in my mouth, I'm not obsessing about my looks or clothes, and I have the energy to do what I want....all things that were my "goal". So there really isn't any complaining on my part...I'm happy about where I am (even if I AM overweight) and I would still do the surgery again!

Where are all my "regular friends"? Anita? Mal? Michelle? I need to hear about you ladies for my own mental health. I'm so glad I got to meet you last year so I can put an actual live person to the post.

Does anyone know if there is a charge for talking to Paula this far after surgery? Are her services still included? I don't know if she'd be able to help me...most of the things I eat out here aren't what you all would be eating (it's all based on game meat and what's on sale at the market).

Now, on a separate note...we're paying $4.26/gal for gas and $7.49/gal for milk...cheaper to drink gas. We've "heard" that gas will go to about $7/gal by the end of the summer - we barge our fuel in so the price of fuel on the last barge is what we pay all year until the next barge comes in (in June). I'm glad we bought a wood stove last fall...I'll get some excersize chopping wood this summer, that's for sure!

Oh, and for those who knew me last summer...I've ordered my chicks so I'll have some chicken to eat this fall....a friend taught me to "pound" my chicken before cooking and then I'm able to eat it, otherwise it just gets stuck and it's...well...not good.

Thanks for your support and the posts...it's all helpful!

Welcome to the journey, new folks!

LA -- ice cream is a problem food for me too! Write the past off and let it go, jump back on the band wagon.

Ok, RR folks. It is 2:40 pm EST and there are no pictures posted yet. What gives??? I want to see your cheekbones, dearies!

Today my scale said 201.8. Tomorrow I am going for a pedicure because I want my feet to look presentable when (IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE!) I post a picture of my scale showing 199 with my fat Barney Rubble feet plopped on either side. Ah, onederland -- so close I can taste it. I just may make my Memorial Day goal!

Cheers, banditos!!

MARCY!! Nice to hear from you! I am about in the same spot you are in, I am trying to get my butt back into the excitement I had months ago. I still excercise almost every day, I don't eat nearly as much as I used too, I do make bad food choices sometimes. I am going to try this Plateau diet that Dee suggested and try to get back in for another fill soon.

If you are happy than that is what is important. Be happy and be healthy. I am not so happy but a lot healthier than I was a year ago!

I am not sure about a charge for Paula this far out??? I don't think there is...anyone else know??

$7.49 for a gallon of milk!!! YIKES!! My house goes through about 2 to 4 gallons a week! and the gas, I feel the pain there! I drive a Suburban, the gas staions out here shut off at 75$, so unless I do two transactions, which I normally won't, that won't fill my tank! I think it would take about $120-$130ish to fill it. I sooooooo want to get a smart car, my hubby thinks they are silly.

awwwww, your baby chicks....

How is the hubby doing and the kiddo's??

When are you coming to visit your sister again?

SHELBIE~You are sooo close to onderland! Congrats! Get those cute little toes done, don't ya' just love pedi's? I wonder if I will EVER see onderland..EVER!!!! I think I was born at 200!!! Can't wait to see your pic.

Speaking of pics...I have a group picture from last night, but my camera died and so the battery is charging. Dee got a better picture of us...my goofy hubby peeked his head our picture on my camera!

Hi KCgirliegirl,

I too am form KC and plan on going to Dr K in Sept to have my baning. I wish I could go earlier but since I am a self pay, I have to wait. I have 2 boys in college and I have to put them first. Please keep in touch with me and let me know how things go!

Good Luck!!!

B...

Sorry Shelbi!

I have the picture, it's at home in my camera AND my dear daughter will upload it when she gets home tonight. When I got home last evening from RR, she, my darling daughter was uploading songs on to my new I-POD, that she got me for Mother's Day!!!

What a sweetiepea, she is!

Sorry for the delay!

hey! I just read your post! You're almost to Onederland! I'm so jealous! Evious! Absolutely Green with Envy! AND believe me, it isn't easy being GREEN! But I am! I'd love to be going to Onederland!

dee~

Edited by Tied2BFit
Not taking the Evelyn Wood speed reading class when I was a child!

MARCY!! Nice to hear from you! I am about in the same spot you are in, I am trying to get my butt back into the excitement I had months ago. I still excercise almost every day, I don't eat nearly as much as I used too, I do make bad food choices sometimes. I am going to try this Plateau diet that Dee suggested and try to get back in for another fill soon.

If you are happy than that is what is important. Be happy and be healthy. I am not so happy but a lot healthier than I was a year ago!

I am not sure about a charge for Paula this far out??? I don't think there is...anyone else know??

$7.49 for a gallon of milk!!! YIKES!! My house goes through about 2 to 4 gallons a week! and the gas, I feel the pain there! I drive a Suburban, the gas staions out here shut off at 75$, so unless I do two transactions, which I normally won't, that won't fill my tank! I think it would take about $120-$130ish to fill it. I sooooooo want to get a smart car, my hubby thinks they are silly.

awwwww, your baby chicks....

How is the hubby doing and the kiddo's??

When are you coming to visit your sister again?

Hey Mal!

I loved seeing you last night!

Listen Sister, if you're interested let's do that Plateau Buster's Diet together. We can start it on the same day and post each day as to what we're eating, exercise and Water. This way, we might be more accountable to ourselves and one another. Anyone else what to join us?

Just let me know! I've got your back!!!

Love,

dee~

minidriver, my surgery is at 9am . i wish you good luck on that day.

minidriver, my surgery is at 9am . i wish you good luck on that day.

You too. Are you nervous? I'm afraid that he'll tell me during my preop that he won't do it or that I'll get to Denver and he won't do it or I'll get sick right before the surgery or . . . . .