Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

NM Sunshine - Thank you for the wonderful support about the audit. I am organizing everything into a notebook that my preparer gave me. I think I didn't really write everything down in the original, so I very well may come out ok. The IRS is after my preparer, but dropped charges against him, and now are trying to come at him "through the backdoor" (his clients). However, nothing I wrote was "illegal" just pushing the usual limits for a teacher. It is really hard to recreate my 2004 year, as I threw away my planner/scheduler. But I have details like check copies and charge card bills. So, with some work, I'll be ok.

Lap, - you take such gorgeous photos. Loved seeing the "family." Have a wonderful day off.

I have lost another 2 pounds, I think the sheeeet hitting the proverbial fan has let me lose some. Three to go to get to 40. About the house, all is dry now, the bathroom needs new floorboards and retiling, the ceiling in the dining room needs resheetrocking and then texturizing, then painting. The insurance should cover everything but a $500 deductible. The backed up sewer was a separate event, that I paid for out of pocket so the insurance adjuster doesn't get confused and think I need two $500 deductibles.

Whew! the happy news is that I am still breathing.

Hugs and smiles,

Michelle

Hugs all,

Michelle

I just called the Holiday Inn Select on Cottonwood and they told me that the medical rate for the suite was $129 !!!!! I told them that everyone else pays $89. The lady had no idea what I was talking about. Said the rate for the regular room was $89 with no discount. She didn't know who Dr. K was or Crown Point. She decided that Crown point must be in the Adventist (or something like that) hospital.

OMG I need to get this booked, and being self pay, $129 per night is crazy. Any suggestions? any specific person you talked to??:phanvan

I just called the Holiday Inn Select on Cottonwood and they told me that the medical rate for the suite was $129 !!!!! I told them that everyone else pays $89. The lady had no idea what I was talking about. Said the rate for the regular room was $89 with no discount. She didn't know who Dr. K was or Crown Point. She decided that Crown point must be in the Adventist (or something like that) hospital.

OMG I need to get this booked, and being self pay, $129 per night is crazy. Any suggestions? any specific person you talked to??:phanvan

I'm on it.

Okay, I called there and I think it is a roll of the dice as to who you talk to.

I was told that for the days I am there in Coloradio (Oct. 10,11,12,13) it's not available.

So I picked a random date, Next Thursday...not available.

So I picked another random date, next Monday. I think Holiday Inn Select in Parker is getting that they have some steady customers via the Crown but I don't know that for a fact. I think you might want to call the manager and find out what's up.

I can tell you the Best Western in Aurora has a great rate. Comes with a Butler's pantry just like the Holiday Inn. But try the Holiday Inn one more time and see if you get anywhere by speaking to the manager.

I wouldn't worry about not getting into THAT hotel. The highway system around there is wide open (no grid lock) but for the interstate roads on the other side of the city at rush hour then it gets a little slow.

Hope this helped.

I need some encouragement and don't have anyone to talk to (as far as family and friends..they are all skinny)

Obviously my failure at controlling myself, not exercising, and not sticking to any diet long term has got me to this place. As the surgery quickly approaches, I find myself in a somber mood, HOPING I will not fail at this. I have to get over this mental place, but I am really beating myself up.....were any of you ever in this mental mind set?:cry

Another thing...we had some friends over tonight - good friends. I told them about the surgery (my daughter calls it diarreah of the mouth! I shouldn't have said anything)...the conversation went to the fact that all I need is more self control and commitment and surgery wouldn't be necessary...gawd....

thank god my entire family is supportive. They may not understand what it is like to be overweight, why I prefer slip on birkenstocks to tennis shoes, etc. but they are supportive. I just wish anyone I would tell would jump up and down in happiness!

Hi all,

I have been away for quite a while, as things have been crazy since my surgery.

I had my surgery on July 12th in Parker. After that I had about a week and a half back home to recover before flying to my grandparents as my grandfather was in a nursing home. I went for a long weekend but the night before I was to come home he was admitted into the hospital. I ended up staying two weeks and was able to get a lot done for my grandmother and spend a lot of time with my grandfather. During this time I still must have had a lot of swelling because it didn’t take much to fill me up which was wonderful.

I went back home for a couple days before I was off to Hawaii for a 2 week vacation. I wasn’t sure if I should go, but both grandparents urged me to. It was great for a few days, but the night before my birthday (about 5 days into the trip) I was out to a birthday dinner when the phone rang and it was news that my grandfather had taken a turn for the worse and was on comfort measures only. He made it only another 3 hours and passed away on my 36th birthday.

I cut my trip short and am now back up at my grandparents house for about 3 weeks to take care of all the paperwork and other stuff that has to be dealt with, as well as to be here for my grandmother.

I am very glad that I had my surgery when I did, because otherwise it might have gotten postponed for a while. Unfortunately, one downside of all this is that my fill that was going to happen before my Hawaii vacation couldn’t happen. The fill that was going to happen tomorrow couldn’t happen, the fill that was going to happen on the 10th isn’t going to happen (this was the only day everyone could be here to put his ashes in the niche).

It might take me longer than I wanted, but I am going to be in Denver on the 18th for my first fill – finally!!

I have not really been on the board for a while but this was the first thread I came to and I must say just hearing how everyone is doing helped me to get back on track with eating and excited about all this again. It is going to be a long few weeks until it happens, but it is kind of the light at the end of the tunnel for me and a start to another year of my life, one which will be great!

Lap Dancer – I wanted to let you know you sharing some of your story about your fanmily dynamics really helped me. My sister is coming into town this weekend for my grandfather’s memorial and that is what I am worried about a dreading the most- more than the memorial itself!! While our situation isn’t the same, what you said really made me think about things in a different way. I appreciate your willingness to share.

I know I will miss the get together on the 11th.. I really tried to make it work!! If anything changes or anyone wants another one on the 18th just let me know. I would love to meet some of your guys!

It is so comforting to be able to come here and know that there are people who understand and are supportive to all.

Jennifer--- I am sorry about your grandfather's passing. I am sure that you brought joy to his life and I know that your grandmother is especially appreciative now to have you. I'll be at the Crown Point on 9/19 for surgery and have my pre-op appointment late afternoon on the 18th. Maybe we'll cross paths in Dr. K's office!!!

Want2B --- I think it's very normal to be having doubts. At least I hope it is because I'm having some, too. But I am taking getting so much strength from the successes of the women here. We are going to be successful with the lap band. I feel it in my bones! I have been very protective of my decision to do this procedure and almost ending up telling my sister and father last night. I am so glad that I didn't, because the negativity would have started and I know that I would have ended up probably not having the surgery. I have an ongoing issue with expecting acceptance and understanding from family who are not capable of giving it; it is constant work on my part not to let myself be hurt by them and to value my own opinion more than my extended families. I'm rambling, sorry. About the hotel -- I'm going to call and check too. I don't know why they didn't give you the medical rate! There's also a Hampton Inn across from the surgical center too.

I finally got a hold of Jenna, director of sales, at the Holiday Inn. Good grief, what a journey to get a room. She gave me a suite at the medical rate..finally! She was very nice, but it seems like they don't have a great deal of coordination on the medical rates, or else I happened to get all the wrong people to begin with!

Nevertheless...I have the room booked! :clap2:

Shelbi - is your surgery the week after mine? I can't believe mine is a week from today...totally exciting, totally wierd!

I am doing better today than I was last night. I just don't know why I can't keep my mouth shut, and let the band speak for itself:phanvan I guess I expect everyone to be excited about it ~

want2bmeagain - Glad you got that hotel thing straightened out! What a pain! I feel bad for the folks who don't have the time or perseverance that you did...you'll do fine with the band if you're willing to put that much effort into a hotel! ;-)

Jennifer - I'm so glad to hear from you and this all explains why I haven't had an email from you in a while. I'm so sorry about having such a crappy birthday. Maybe he just wanted to be with you on that day?

I'm doing well, had a LAZY weekend though, which was nice and deserved! I DID spend a couple hours washing chicken crap out of my greenhouse...and I'm not done yet! It's some good, messy excersize at least!

Funny - chicken gets stuck ALL the time! I consistently have trouble, regardless of the recipe. On the other hand, I don't have trouble with soda...I sip it, but don't even have issues...hmmm...maybe on the next fill? I'm in luck with that because a friend needs some help in Anchorage so I'll go in the first week of Oct. for my second fill...should be good and tight!

Hi All!

I just wanted to drop in and say "hello".

I have been doing fair. Some days I really have to force myself to eat three meals and other days I feel like I could eat non stop???? I try to stay away from the scale, my clothes are fitting loose but I have always been a stretch pants and huge t-shirt gal anyway. My band still allows me just about anything (I like that). I have been having a tenderness around my port, don't know what that could be??? Keeping a watchful eye on that, I'll mention it to Dr. K when I go for my next fill.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a nice long weekend! I took the family out go-kart racing, they had a blast!

Hi all! We got to Denver safely late Sunday night. Yesterday we spent up in Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. It was amazing!!

I have my pre-op with Dr. K this afternoon. Hopefully I will be well enough to check in with you all tomorrow. That is probably the only thing I'm concerned about, feeling crappy afterwards.

Jennifer - So sorry to hear about your news sweetie. Hang in there - bigh hugs!

want2be- I'm at the Holiday Inn. I actually used my AAA card, they said it would be better than a medical rate, and possibly a better room. When I called, I asked for a regular king room and that I would need a refrigerator for medical purposes. They said they would put a portable one in the room. When we came up to the room Sunday night, we had a refrigerator alright - we got a king suite for the same price as the standard room. $90. The Hampton Inn was not helpful to me at all. Good luck!!

BTW - can anyone tell me where the surgery center is???? I see a hospital (Parker Adventist) right across from me but I really didn't think that was the right place. Maybe I'm a huge dumbo... I'm afraid I don't know where to go tomorrow! LOL

BTW - can anyone tell me where the surgery center is???? I see a hospital (Parker Adventist) right across from me but I really didn't think that was the right place. Maybe I'm a huge dumbo... I'm afraid I don't know where to go tomorrow! LOL

====================

Same place....go in the main entrance and read the directory....but basically same place. :)

I'll be getting there around 12 tomorrow for my 2 pm surgery... Gotta bring my kiddo though (no babysitter)...

Maybe, I'll see you...

Tina

Want2bmeagain - Wow your situation sounds just like what I went through a month ago. My husband was sure it wasn't going to work because I would have already done it, it I had had enough determination. He finally came around, and now 3 weeks later, and 20 lbs later he is very proud of me. It hasn't been easy after the first week because I can eat anything, but I track my intake faithfully on fitday.com. I look forward to my first fill on the 10th. You can do it, plus there is lots of support here. Wise decision not to tell some people. I didn't tell many and there are a couple I wished I hadn't told.

Keep us posted.

Marilyn