Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Damn! Why did I go to bed so early last night? I missed all the good conversation!!! Sex, boobies, hormones! But I was suuuuuper happy to read that you guys missed me. I missed you too. :crying:

We missed you like crazy! It just didn't seem right to not have you partake in our conversation. BUT we understood! Because we love you!

We missed you like crazy! It just didn't seem right to not have you partake in our conversation. BUT we understood! Because we love you!

Love you guys too! :crying::tt1::wink2:

Ladies, a quick question regarding fake nails...LOL

I have gel nails, and have had them for years. Will I need to have them taken off for surgery??? :crying:

thanks Deb! You're very sweet! I loved being a Diabetic Educator. It was very enjoyable. After doing NICU for so long and having patients who don't talk - (well, not like we do) it was nice having a patient who could give you feedback... even when it wasn't so positive. I always felt like I was helping them getting to know their condition and helping them gain valuable knowledge, which in turn would help them be successful of living a life free of problems. Knowledge is power.

I wanted to ask if you use any of the online food logs? I use www.fitday.com and it has really opened my eyes. I use it every single day and log everything that enters my mouth. (I know I'm a nerd) I even log in my calcium chews and Fiber chews. Anyway my point is this, it helps me make sure I am getting in enough calories. If you're not, you can stall and it is also possible to get in too many calories of fat without even knowing it. For example yesterday by afternoon I had eaten 52% of my calories from fat. That meant that the rest of the day had to be lean Protein and veggies. It helps me adjust my intake.

Like Mini said, our bodies do strange things and fluctuate a lot. I know mine does. Yesterday morning, I had lost 5.4 lbs over night, but the day before I had gained 3.2. This morning I gained another 3. It's bizarre and a good reason not to weigh everyday, BUT I can't help myself! Like I said before, I am a scale addict! Mix up your calories a little don't stay too low and make sure your fat intake isn't too high. It should remain around 30% of your total calories.

I have looked at it and last week started entering stuff, but then we went to the cabin and now it has been a week. I have to start again. My fat calories are always high and I am not so sure as to why. I will look more closely. Still kinda gettin' the hang of the site.

My mom had a snarky neighbor who was a major neat freak so she planted a Catalpa tree (the kind that sheds big, messy seed pods and such) right next to the fence so that every time the wind blew it blew a bunch of messy tree debris into the neighbor's yard. The neighbor finally moved.

I think I would love your mom!:tongue: Great retaliation:tongue2:

I wish we had mountains to climb here. We just have cornfields. Oh, and soybean fields!! Woo hoo!!!

Is that Jackie DeShannon singing in the background?:crying: Oops, you are too young to probably get the reference. "There are cornfields and wheatfields enough to grow.....what the world needs now, is love, sweet love..."

BTW each mass was the size of an orange. Ouch

Brandy, so glad to hear you are back. Sending lots of positive thoughts to your husband and your family. Remember to take care of yourself too.

Ladies, a quick question regarding fake nails...LOL

I have gel nails, and have had them for years. Will I need to have them taken off for surgery??? :wink2:

No.

My aunt & uncle live in Bettendorf. I would never choose to live there. Sooozville. :wink2:

Brandy ((HUGS)) hang in there. We are all pulling for you guys.

I guess I missed the first day of BFL. I get so behind on this thread. lol. I am not sure I can handle it right now, but I will try best I can. Count me in. I might have a lot of questions. :crying:

I work at the hospital in Bettendorf. Come visit me!!!! (And yes, it is snoozeville...just the way I like it in the ICU!)

Remember the ones that hurt are (as a general rule) not the ones to worry about it is the ones that don't hurt that your doctors are going to be even more cautious about.

Better safe than sorry in the long run anyway!!!

My mom had a cancerous mass that did hurt-for five years. That is why I would rather be safe than sorry.

Is that Jackie DeShannon singing in the background?:biggrin: Oops, you are too young to probably get the reference. "There are cornfields and wheatfields enough to grow.....what the world needs now, is love, sweet love..."

What the world needs now, is LOVE, sweet LOVE! It's the only thing, that there's just too little of!! :wub:

I love that song....

Also, I'm SOOO super happy that I don't have to go into surgery nail-less. I've gotta be naked with all my big fat naughty bits hanging out - the least he can allow me is a nice manicure/pedicure!!! :thumbup: Maybe I should get my hair done...

I just got off the phone with my mom, and she said that given the course of her breast cancer and where my new "density" is located I am not being paranoid, that I should have the films looked at by one of the surgeons I know just to be on the safe side. She said hers hurt just like mine has (my left breast hurts after I have been wearing a bra). And hers was in almost the same spot they saw this density at. And her gynecologist told her hers was a cyst for five years until she finally pressed the issue. She told me I am right to not want them to dismiss it so easily because of the birth control pills.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

This peanut agrees with mom. Five Years?! YIKES!

My mom was told that she had inflamation and not to worry, her doctor wouldn't even give her time off of work (she was having terrible pain when she moved or lifted her arm) she pressed the issue as well and they found a malignant tumor.

WHEW! All caught up on the posts!...I think!

I went to the Library again last night looking for the BFL book, still out. I think I will just buy it tonight or at least take a good look at it. I want to join in, but I might be a bit behind...I'll let ya know. Sounds like you three are doing a great job with it! Keep it up! I am impressed!!

My 5K is comin up and I am still struggling to run longer than 20-25 minutes....ugghhh and my weight *pishh*, I must have my hubby hide the scale! It is driving me bananas!!

Denver~How did your appointment go? Thanks for the tips about the poster on the ceiling. I got him a poster full of positive affirmations and he had them hand it on the cieling and now he can read them and hopefully stay positive. I asked him what he wanted me to bring him and he said "candy", he and my son think that they will fatten him up by eating bags and bags of candy. So my son feeds him PB cups, Snickers, and Milky Way's.

Brandy~You and your family are in my prayers. You will make it through this, us mom's know how to multi-multi task AND take care of EVERYTHING, God made us this way. I believe in you!

Deb~How's Tucker? Buster wants to send some treats to him, so when you come, I will have to get them to you. We are so proud of his strength.

Buster has a "voice" too, my husband does it. He talks slow and dopey and always says "I dunno" and if you ask a question more than once he says "I said I f***ing dunno now leave me alone". When ever we go on vacation and Buster is not around I will hear him say "where am I". Our cat has a voice too, but I always interupt him and tell him to be quiet. Can you tell I love Buster MORE!!!...LOL

Hotmama~You daughter looks stunning! The dress is beautiful too.

Oh, yeah...I FINALLY have an appointment for another fill!!! OMG, I hope this one gives me something!!!

Take care Banditos!

WHEW! All caught up on the posts!...I think!

I went to the Library again last night looking for the BFL book, still out. I think I will just buy it tonight or at least take a good look at it. I want to join in, but I might be a bit behind...I'll let ya know. Sounds like you three are doing a great job with it! Keep it up! I am impressed!!

My 5K is comin up and I am still struggling to run longer than 20-25 minutes....ugghhh and my weight *pishh*, I must have my hubby hide the scale! It is driving me bananas!!

Denver~How did your appointment go? Thanks for the tips about the poster on the ceiling. I got him a poster full of positive affirmations and he had them hand it on the cieling and now he can read them and hopefully stay positive. I asked him what he wanted me to bring him and he said "candy", he and my son think that they will fatten him up by eating bags and bags of candy. So my son feeds him PB cups, Snickers, and Milky Way's.

Brandy~You and your family are in my prayers. You will make it through this, us mom's know how to multi-multi task AND take care of EVERYTHING, God made us this way. I believe in you!

Deb~How's Tucker? Buster wants to send some treats to him, so when you come, I will have to get them to you. We are so proud of his strength.

Buster has a "voice" too, my husband does it. He talks slow and dopey and always says "I dunno" and if you ask a question more than once he says "I said I f***ing dunno now leave me alone". When ever we go on vacation and Buster is not around I will hear him say "where am I". Our cat has a voice too, but I always interupt him and tell him to be quiet. Can you tell I love Buster MORE!!!...LOL

Hotmama~You daughter looks stunning! The dress is beautiful too.

Oh, yeah...I FINALLY have an appointment for another fill!!! OMG, I hope this one gives me something!!!

Take care Banditos!

Mal-It sounds like you and your son are doing some great things for his friend.

And I am so glad that I am not the only one who has voices for my dogs...it turns out we are all flying our freak flags!!:biggrin:

Okay, I know I"m waaayyyy behind in the conversation, but Munchie and Dee - congrats on the new pants!!!! That is just too exciting.

Mal, I'm so glad that you're getting a fill. Good girl. And the fact that you can run for 25 minutes is incredibly impressive. I can't run for 25 seconds.

Having my oral GTT in the morning. Not looking forward to it. Sugar in my bloodstream on an empty stomach makes me feel like CRAP. Oh well.

post-30207-13813667302233_thumb.jpg

post-34949-13813667302491_thumb.jpg

Ok, hopefully this works since I am so computer/digital camera savvy. (Actually I am pretty digital camera savvy I just hate the one I have right now). Anyway, my aunt and I were looking through pics tonight on my camera, and she commented that she couldn't believe the change in my face from the pics from my friend Mollys wedding (which was shortly before I was banded in November. So here goes.

post-224581-13813137578866_thumb.jpg

post-224581-13813137579294_thumb.jpg

post-34949-1381366730264_thumb.png

post-34949-1381366730311_thumb.png

And for you Puff Mini, new pics of my completed tat. The poem is really not crooked on the bottom, it is just the curve of my back that makes it look that way in the pic.

post-224581-13813137579554_thumb.jpg

post-224581-1381313757983_thumb.jpg

Puff Mini-good luck with your test tomorrow. That glucose would make me want to ralph at any time of the day, let alone on an empty stomach!

[ATTACH]15009[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15010[/ATTACH]

Ok, hopefully this works since I am so computer/digital camera savvy. (Actually I am pretty digital camera savvy I just hate the one I have right now). Anyway, my aunt and I were looking through pics tonight on my camera, and she commented that she couldn't believe the change in my face from the pics from my friend Mollys wedding (which was shortly before I was banded in November. So here goes.

OMG!!!!! What an incredible difference. Wow, you must be soooooo proud. You are about 1500000 times prettier now. Wow wow wow.