Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I've gotten totally behind again...just dropping in to say "hi." Things are crazy busy workwise for me. I know I'm late weighing in for the challenge but I'm down 2 pounds -- finally, same weight as the ol' hubby. He asked if I wanted him to gain some weight to make me feel better. Um, no! He needs to lose at least 50 pounds himself!

I'll try to catch up with you crazy gals sometime soon, I'm afraid it'll be the weekend though. Hugs to all, hope everyone is well!

Glad to hear you saw your PCP today! Thanks Mini! I was worried about you - my little Puff Mini!

I was afraid we'd have to start a rap group,

"Puff Mama and Heavy Double D":drum:

see ya,

dee~

:embaressed_smile::laugh::mellow::laugh::cool2::laugh::w00t::laugh::tt2::laugh::bored::laugh::tongue:

:embaressed_smile::laugh::mellow::laugh::cool2::laugh::w00t::laugh::tt2::laugh::bored::laugh::tongue:

Well, actually, today I'm Puff Mama too! I hate Water retention!

Updating with Greenie's data. Good job!!!

Adorkable Goal: 15/ wk 1: +5:laugh:

Bahotmomma Goal: 17/ wk 1: -1:laugh:

BellaPerdente Goal: 25/ wk 1: 0:laugh:

Bookholder Goal: 15/wk 1: +1:laugh:

Brandymom Goal: 20/ wk 1: -3.5:laugh:

Deboregon Goal: 15 smile.gif

DenverGirl Goal: 8/ wk 1: -2:laugh:

Greenchrysalis Goal: 15/ wk 1: -2 :embaressed_smile:

Lifesaver Goal: 15 smile.gif

Lotzasunshine Goal: 20/wk 1: -2 :mellow:

Marcyinak Goal: 16/wk 1: -4:laugh:

Minidriver Goal: 16/wk 1: -0:laugh:

Munchkin Goal: 15/wk 1: +1:laugh:

PrtyAntOvrYt Goal: 28/wk 1: +.8 :cool2:

ShelbiCallie Goal: 22/wk 1: 0:laugh:

Sidann Goal: 19/wk 1: -2:laugh:

Sadly, I cannot keep up either :tt1: I find myself on here when I should be working. I love this group!

Sorry for the double post, I'm still getting the hang of this...

Hi there, yes I did check with Atkinson and he was close to $20K... I said no way because I am cash pay so there's no way I want to be on the hook for that much debt plus interest!

Question...

What prescriptions did Dr. K prescribe for post-op? I asked Natalie but she hasn't responded. I want to check on pricing before I go.

Also, did he use a catheter? I'm a little freaked out about some other posts I saw where the Dr. used a catheter.

Dr. K prescribed an antibiotic, pain meds, and for preop he had me buy a wash solution to wash with for a few days and also suggested a laxative. I picked up the meds at the pharmacy in his building, (I was also self pay) it cost about $54.

Oh My Gosh!!!! I have scheduled my surgery! October 3rd is the phone consult. Oct. 28 is the pre-op appt and I am having my very own band placed on OCTOBER 29TH at 11:00am hospital time (give or take 6 hrs.) :tt1:

I am SO EXCITED!!!! I think I'll dress up as the luckiest girl in the world for Halloween! :)

I can barely contain myself. I am keeping this private so I can't call and gush to my friends or family about it. My husband was the first one I wanted to call anyway.

WOW! I can't wait!!!!!

Love to all the world today from Kansas!!! (This is the best Monday EVER!!!)

Oh My Gosh!!!! I have scheduled my surgery! October 3rd is the phone consult. Oct. 28 is the pre-op appt and I am having my very own band placed on OCTOBER 29TH at 11:00am hospital time (give or take 6 hrs.) :tt1:

I am SO EXCITED!!!! I think I'll dress up as the luckiest girl in the world for Halloween! :)

I can barely contain myself. I am keeping this private so I can't call and gush to my friends or family about it. My husband was the first one I wanted to call anyway.

WOW! I can't wait!!!!!

Love to all the world today from Kansas!!! (This is the best Monday EVER!!!)

YAY CONGRATS!! You're having surgery one week before me! Be sure to update us on how you feel post-op!

Question...

What prescriptions did Dr. K prescribe for post-op? I asked Natalie but she hasn't responded. I want to check on pricing before I go.

Also, did he use a catheter? I'm a little freaked out about some other posts I saw where the Dr. used a catheter.

Dr. K has a staff of OR nurses who work with him. I met one of them when I was at the hospital with Bella and I asked her if they used a foley cath (I'm assuming that is what you're asking) and she said, "no" they don't. It was always a question, I had.

I am SO EXCITED!!!! I think I'll dress up as the luckiest girl in the world for Halloween! :biggrin:

Congrats on getting your date set - what a super thing to look forward to. I didn't tell anybody either, so the hard part was coming back from "vacation" after a week and being at work again. :)

Okay, ladies. This is weird and I wonder if anyone else has this problem. For the past week or so I have been retaining Water like crazy. It's not just my ankles, but in my hands, face, etc. I don't have a uterus or ovaries, so it's not due to TOM, and I never used to have problems with this. I've tried OTC water pills, drinking a ton of water, etc. It's so bad it's making my joints ache.

I have a weird hypothesis . . . when you're losing fat from your fat cells, the final products of the breakdown are water and CO2. I'm wondering if this is actually because I'm losing fat. I don't know. That's probably wishful thinking, huh? :tt1:

Mini-Have you been on any steroids? And have you had any labs checked lately? If you are low on Protein it can cause you to "third space" Fluid outside of the vascular space and into the tissues. It usually happens with elderly or sick people, but it did happen to one young girl I worked with on my old floor. She kept swelling and her albumin was low when they checked it. Once she corrected her eating it went away.

HaHa. I saw your original post. Yep, we're mighty special!!

Well, um, that's one way of putting it...you are special! But that's why I love ya!