Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

COUNT (Dracula) ME IN FOR THE HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE!

spinner21.gif

Sounds like a great new challenge for us. Put me down for 20 lbs.

OK...Patty. This post is creeping me out! I can't wait until we get to a new page so I don't have to see the head spinning scary lady anymore.

OK...Patty. This post is creeping me out! I can't wait until we get to a new page so I don't have to see the head spinning scary lady anymore.

OH NO!!! It's still on the new page! she will be with us . . . forever !!!!!!

LOL..I used to work in the haunted mansion - she looks like one of the reflections on the heads in the crystal ball!

So, for the next challenge, please put me down for 8 lbs. I'll be in "bandster hell" at that time, so am being cautiously optimistic.

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

adorkable | initial 314 | wk1 307 | wk2 299 | wk3 302 |wk4 299

clap.gif

Amieru | initial 249 | wk1 247| wk2 245 | wk3 244 :laugh:

bahotmomma | initial 146 | wk1 145 | wk2 144 tongue.gif

brandymom1234 | -2lbs :cool2:

BellaPerdente |initial 259 |wk1 257 |wk2 256 |wk3 251|wk4 248 clap.gif

deboregon |316.5 |wk1 313.1 |wk2 307.8 |wk3 301.2 |wk4 296.6 clap.gif

DenverGirl |initial 239 | wk1 237 | wk2 237 | wk3 237 | wk 235 clap.gif

GreenChrysalis | initial 244 | wk1 243 | wk2 240.5 | wk3 238.5 :w00t:

lap_dancer | initial 307 | wk1 305 |wk3 304 :tt2:

lifesaver | initial 178 | wk1 175 | wk2 173 | wk3 175 } wk4 171 clap.gif

lotzasunshine | initial 294 | wk2 297 |wk3 293 :thumbsup:

minidriver |204.8 |wk1 205.2 |wk2 203.3 |wk3 198.4 |wk4 197.6clap.gif

munchkin392 | initial 189 | wk1 186 | wk2 187 | wk3 185 :thumbsup:

PrtyAntOvrYt | wk1&2 -5.2 | wk3 -6 | final - 11.2 clap.gif

ShelbiCallie |initial 189 |wk1 188 |wk2 187 wk3 186 |wk4 187 clap.gif

Sidann | initial 223 | wk1 221 | wk2 220 | wk3 219 | wk4 218 clap.gif

I weighed in at 299 again today. So I made my goal. I am VERY happy. I even weighed in at 296 at the gym the other day. I can't believe the 300's are really gone. :thumbsup:

So, I'm up a pound and I didn't make my Labor Day challenge. Only 3 pounds total lost, but it's a new day and I'm taking Mini's advice to get on with an eating plan. Feeling better already!!!:thumbup:

So sorry you are having a rough time. ((hugs))

Congrats on your three pounds!

Adorkable....for the weigh in this morning I am down 4 lbs to 171 (Since I gained last week I guess it evens out). For this challenge I am down 7 lbs....which is not 8....but I will take it. Is someone going to do another challenge? What about a Halloween challenge? It will be scary to see how much weight we can lose by then!!! Tee Hee!

Congrats on your 7 pounds! Woot!! And a Halloween Challenge sounds great! I am totally in! :thumbup:

I hope everyone has a good holiday. I'm still doing the Detox diet. Adorkable, I'm not going to weigh until after the 21 days, but before I start the Body 4 Life, I'll weigh. Sorry! Just count me for total loss of 11.2. Didn't make the 20lb goal, but I'm okay with that.

You should be!!! 11.2 ROCKS! :biggrin:

Well, final challenge weigh in: 197.6. Not the ten lbs I'd hoped for but I'm pretty pleased to be firmly out of the 200s. I'm up for the Halloween challenge if anyone else wants to play along!

Congrats on getting to onederland. That is a pretty fantastic goal to make!!
Adorkable: I weighed in at 248 this morning. I think that makes 11 pounds for the challenge. One over my goal!!!!!!! Losing weight is the best gift to myself. Today is my b-day!!
AWSOMO! WTG! Happy Birthday! :w00t:
Okay, peeps. Rene' suggested a Halloween challenge, and I'm willing to keep track. Let's start this coming Friday. That will give us 8 weeks until Halloween. Weigh yourselves on Friday and figure out how much you want to lose, then just send me your weight loss goal; no need to send your weight (too many numbers make me confused!). I'll just keep track of the minuses (YAY!) and pluses (BOO!) as we go along.

As Rene' said - it's SCARY to think how much we could lose by Halloween! But we'll all be looking BOOOOOtiful by then!!:bat::devil::scared:

HAHA! Thanks for keeping track this time. :wub:
Adork: I am at 296.6 which is 5 pounds this past week and 19.9 for the challenge...wow..didn't quite realize that:smile2: I have been so focused on my dog that i wasn't watching me.
WOOT woot! Way to go! :scales:

Edited by adorKable

I am definitely in for the Halloween challenge. I am going to say 25 pounds....I know that sounds like a lot, but I want to lose 50 by Christmas!!!!! Congrats to everyone on their weight loss.

Hi gals,

I just returned from the hospital. Thank you so very much for the gift ideas (I got a chance to read some posts before i left). I decided on a t-shirt and a hat. Next week I will bring him a collage of pictures of us having good times with some empty spots for our future pictures. and a poster of his favorite band, maybe we can hang them on the ceiling (thanks Denver). He has lost 30 pounds, still no fingers and hand movements, no leg movement. His spirit is down but I am always happy to be able to see him and spend some time with him.

Deb~I think of you and Tucker often, I know this must be so very hard for you to go through. Just know that I thinkof you both and pray for tucker.

I am emotionally drained and exhausted and Buster still needs his walk...YIKES!

Have a relaxing evening gals!

Mal, you did great on your selections! I especially love the collage. I know it's emotionally devastating to see one of your kids (I know you take you kids' friends in as if they were your own) go through this, but it probably does him a world of good to have you come around to visit.

Everyone, way to go on the Labor Day Challenge, ya buncha losers!:tt2:

Looking forward to scaring away the pounds with you all! :thumbup:

AdorK, I only lost a pound last week so that makes 6.5 pounds lost during the Labor Day Challenge. I think my goal was 10 pounds. But that's OK, I still lost! Just a few more pounds and I'll weigh less than my husband (which is a huge goal of mine). Congrats to the other losers. :w00t:

Bella that is awesome that you went over your goal! My restriction is weird during TOM also. Tighter sometimes and feels looser others. I just try to be more careful. Unfortunately I also have strong cravings, mostly for salt, around then. I gave in some last week. :crazy:I think that plus not exercising as much as I should accounts for only 1 pound loss. Oh well, this is a new week!

Deb ~ Poor Tucker! He is still in my thoughts. I know the pain of a chronically ill pet, it's just so upsetting and I know you would do anything to make your precious baby all better. I'm afraid my kitties would not send him hugs but I send him a cuddle and much sympathy. And it's not outlandish at all, we spent a ton of $$$ (still paying it off too) for our kitty and I would do it all over again. :smile:

Denvergirl ~ I like Designer whey Protein Powder too. It's available in my grocery store so I don't have to make a special trip. These days I only drink Protein Shakes on occasion as a quick Breakfast or snack; I get in enough Protein via solids most of the time. So that cut down on the cost. :tt2:

Lifesaver ~ That is so awesome that you climbed a 14er! I would love to scale mountains. So inspirational! :(

ShelbiCallie ~ Ugh, I am sorry you had such a rough weekend. I completely understand about the ice cream. I didn't mention it here, but after my rough family weekend a few weeks ago (not even near what you describe), I went home and had a shot of rum to calm my nerves!

My grandfather committed suicide before I was born and I know that it severely impacted my father, uncles and grandmother (and their relationships) for the rest of their lives. It's so devastating and not something that I know much about even today, I am reluctant to bring that up with my father since he was a teenager at the time.

I too can see the value of jump-starting yourself with a structured eating plan. For months I tracked my food and exercise religiously via SparkPeople. For the past few weeks, though, I've definitely let it slide. I need to go back to that, because it really helped me to pay attention to where I was.

I'm also pondering what else to do...the pre-op diet? Something else? I think a kick in the butt would do me good. What do you think, ladies? :tt2:

MiniDriver ~ Count me in for the Halloween Challenge! I love these challenges, it helps to keep me motivated. I think I'm going to set a more conservative goal and hopefully blast through it this time, so put me down for 15 pounds.

Lap ~ I love that creepy photo. I like scary stuff and I think that Halloween is a lot of fun. :thumbup: Too bad we don't have any trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood. It's an older neighborhood, so it's mostly retirees with a few young families -- I think the latter go to one of the church things (we are surrounded by churches) instead of hitting the streets. And then there's don't fit in really but it isn't the first time!

I agree with Rene! That head is scary! I couldn't sleep last night, I was so afraid!!!:tt2::eek::thumbup::eek::(

Adorkable!!!

Congrats on making it to Twoterville!!!

:cheers2::hurray::party::clap::waytogo::welldone::smile::smile::(:w00t::thumbup::smile::smile::woot::smile::lol::Banane30::Banane41::Banane52::Banane31::tt2::):tt2:

Renee & Dee: Ok, I googled BFL. Can I get all the info I need from the website? Do I have to buy anything? I'm interested in this challenge for sure -- as long as there's nothing to buy! I swore to myself that my band would be my last investment in diet-related stuff.

Shelbi, I totally agree with you on this one! I am very interested, but I really do not want to spend anymore money on diet related stuff. I printed the journals and trackings sheets from the website. I log in my food now on www.fitday.com so I'll just continue that. The work out schedule was an important part of this program for me. My friend is absolutely hot now. She used to be so flabby and now she's got a major six pack! Her back is gorgeous. I think I can do anything for 12 weeks. So to answer your question, I think you can do it without spending any extra money. My concern is that I don't think I can do the 'free day' and then return to the program the next day. I might just do a 'free meal'.

Shelbi, I totally agree with you on this one! I am very interested, but I really do not want to spend anymore money on diet related stuff. I printed the journals and trackings sheets from the website. I log in my food now on www.fitday.com so I'll just continue that. The work out schedule was an important part of this program for me. My friend is absolutely hot now. She used to be so flabby and now she's got a major six pack! Her back is gorgeous. I think I can do anything for 12 weeks. So to answer your question, I think you can do it without spending any extra money. My concern is that I don't think I can do the 'free day' and then return to the program the next day. I might just do a 'free meal'.

Those interested in BLF...you dont need to buy anything extra. I do recommend you go check the Body For Life book out at the library and read it from cover to cover. I think it's a great tool and will help you understand the workouts. I consider myself a BFL expert (done 2 1/2 challenges) so any questions or helpful hints you want, ask away. The bottom line for the food is this....eat a Protein and a good carb at every meal (they recommend 6 meals) but we may only be able to do 4-5. A couple times a day, throw in some veggies. In order to change your body you must, you must, you must get in enough protein to build the muscles. The workouts are short, but very intense. I would be happy to have a phone call with anyone who is interested to walk through how to do the weight and cardio workouts. There is a specific method to the madness that makes these workouts very effective. Also, BFL recommends a "free day" where you do not work out and you eat whatever you want that day. It's a very nice mental health break and actually has some benefits to speeding up the metabolism and keeping the body guessing. Dee, lets pick a start date. Let me know if you want to finish your detox and start BFL after that.

Greenie: I always go back to the Atkins style since I am such a carnivore. However, I haven't eaten any meat since being banded, so I don't know how I would tolerate steak or pork chops, but that is what I usually crave. pastas and such aren't a big deal for me. Potatoes are the only carb I miss when on Atkins. But I lost like 10 pounds before surgery.

Thanks all of you who sent me hugs for Tucker. He has his surgery today;I will see him in a couple of hours. So hard to have those big chocolate lab eyes follow me out the door....and he doesn't get to go.:tt2:

Those interested in BLF...you dont need to buy anything extra. I do recommend you go check the Body For Life book out at the library and read it from cover to cover. I think it's a great tool and will help you understand the workouts. I consider myself a BFL expert (done 2 1/2 challenges) so any questions or helpful hints you want, ask away. The bottom line for the food is this....eat a Protein and a good carb at every meal (they recommend 6 meals) but we may only be able to do 4-5. A couple times a day, throw in some veggies. In order to change your body you must, you must, you must get in enough protein to build the muscles. The workouts are short, but very intense. I would be happy to have a phone call with anyone who is interested to walk through how to do the weight and cardio workouts. There is a specific method to the madness that makes these workouts very effective. Also, BFL recommends a "free day" where you do not work out and you eat whatever you want that day. It's a very nice mental health break and actually has some benefits to speeding up the metabolism and keeping the body guessing. Dee, lets pick a start date. Let me know if you want to finish your detox and start BFL after that.

Rene!

Thanks!

I will need some help, I"m sure with the workout stuff! I have several friends who have done it and one who currently just started it with her husband, but I'd love to call you and you can talk me through any problems I may have.

Did you have a problem with returning to the eating plan after your "free day?" We can start it on the 17th or we can start it earlier. I'm okay with just doing 14 days of detox. That would mean we could start on the 10th. Is the 10th good for you? Shelbi, is the 10th good for you? Anyone else, who might want to join us - will the 10th work for you all?

If the 10th is good for everyone, let's say, we'll start on the 10th. I am working 6 hours on that day and can go and work out after work.

Thanks Rene! I love that you're an expert with the BFL! I appreciate it!

I'm going to go to the library and get that book.

Love ya,

dee~

Greenie: I always go back to the Atkins style since I am such a carnivore. However, I haven't eaten any meat since being banded, so I don't know how I would tolerate steak or pork chops, but that is what I usually crave. pastas and such aren't a big deal for me. Potatoes are the only carb I miss when on Atkins. But I lost like 10 pounds before surgery.

Thanks all of you who sent me hugs for Tucker. He has his surgery today;I will see him in a couple of hours. So hard to have those big chocolate lab eyes follow me out the door....and he doesn't get to go.:tt2:

I hope little Tucker is going to be okay. I know you're so worried.

Let us know how he's doing. Poor Baby he's been through so much.

Bella, Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Deb, Sending Tucker good vibes today. Keep us updated. Our lab Cisco was hit by a car a few years ago, and I remember telling the ER Dr. to do whatever it takes to fix him $1500 later he was fine...

Mini, Put me down for the challenge. I would like to be at goal, that way I can wear a slutie costume (I haven't been able to do that in years). So put me down for 17lbs.

Renee' & Dee, Count me in for the BFL. I have done it (actually faked it) once b4. This time I will really do it.

I am down to 142 after our last challenge. I guess it doesn't help that I am sitting here eating homemade ice cream.