Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Adork-

Believe me, we were laughing over the singed whiskers also. One side was almost completely singed off, he looked all lopsided. And keep in mind this is a very funny cat anyway-he really acts more like a dog. FULL of personality. So that made it even funnier, because he was just like "What? What is all the worry about?" Silly boy.

As for Sophie and the wallpaper, who knows how they find these things. They are goofy I tell ya!! I woke up one night to a chewing sound, and turned the light on, and Reilly was eating the leg of my Thomasville armoire that I have had for 15 years. (Ok, that was his one other transgression besides bed pillows.) He just looked at me like the cat did- "What? I'm not doing anything!"

Wow, it looks like almost as many of us are/were 911 dispatchers as nurses!! There are some days I wish I could go back to that! I want to pick up hours dispatching at our hospital ambulance where I worked while I went through nursing school (and all the medics want me to come back because their dispatchers suck) but they are too cheap to pay me overtime. :thumbup: So Starbucks it is I guess! And I am not worried too much about being around the high calorie drinks-I really only like the iced tea!

Geez, I forgot to ever respond about Starbucks! Heck yeah, if that's what you want to do, go for it!

Good luck Deb!!!!

And yes, Dee, let us know how it went!!

Good luck Deb!!!!

And yes, Dee, let us know how it went!!

Well, I'm back from the therapist. What an interesting man, he was. He had to have me repeat things several times which made me wonder if he was absent minded, hard of hearing or just distracted by his own thoughts. I.e. we discussed my profession, then about 10 mins later he asked, "what do you do at the hospital?"

Sometimes, I think a therapist serves as a 'sounding board' -- they allow us to vent, speak outloud and hear ourselves say things - that we're anxious about, depressed about or stressed. I believe there is value in that.

I have another appt. to see him again, but I'm not sure I'll keep it. It may not be a good fit.

However, I do feel better. I needed to talk to someone. AND even if I had to repeat myself several times, it helped... a lot.

Thanks Munchkin and Mini!

Mini and Munchkin -- hey, I think those would be great names for tiny puppies! Really cute little beagles!

Love you Guys!

dee~

Well, I'm back from the therapist. What an interesting man, he was. He had to have me repeat things several times which made me wonder if he was absent minded, hard of hearing or just distracted by his own thoughts. I.e. we discussed my profession, then about 10 mins later he asked, "what do you do at the hospital?"

Sometimes, I think a therapist serves as a 'sounding board' -- they allow us to vent, speak outloud and hear ourselves say things - that we're anxious about, depressed about or stressed. I believe there is value in that.

I have another appt. to see him again, but I'm not sure I'll keep it. It may not be a good fit.

However, I do feel better. I needed to talk to someone. AND even if I had to repeat myself several times, it helped... a lot.

Thanks Munchkin and Mini!

Mini and Munchkin -- hey, I think those would be great names for tiny puppies! Really cute little beagles!

Love you Guys!

dee~

Well, I think being a good listener is a rather important skill for a therapist, yes? I hope it helped and I urge you to find someone who is a better fit.

And, yes, Mini and Munchkin would be adorable names for puppies!!!

OMG! Glad you're ok. I must say that your committment to exercise is impressive! What is a 14er??

A fourteener is a mountain that is taller than 14,000 feet. Basically, there is no air up there and they are very difficult to climb. So, in Colorado there are something like 50 Fourteeners...and it's like a rite of passage to say "I bagged a 14'er". Once you do one, I hear it is addictive and you want to do all of them....I'll get back to you on that though:-)

A fourteener is a mountain that is taller than 14,000 feet. Basically, there is no air up there and they are very difficult to climb. So, in Colorado there are something like 50 Fourteeners...and it's like a rite of passage to say "I bagged a 14'er". Once you do one, I hear it is addictive and you want to do all of them....I'll get back to you on that though:-)

Are you feeling okay after your accident?

I've been to the top of some of our 12,000' peaks (by TRAM, not by FOOT!) and I can definitely feel the lack of oxygen. We made the mistake of taking some Oregonian friends (from sea level) up there and they all got elevation sickness. Oops.

Hey Guys,

I am feeling ok since the bike crash. My right shoulder is jacked up (I think). I have a lot of pain when I do side to side motions like opening/closing my patio door, steering my car, etc. Puting on a bra is fun too. I'm hoping that after a couple more days it will feel better...if not I will go get it checked. I hate being a patient! Luckily my shoulder being hurt doesn't affect my being able to hike so I should be ok for my Fourteener in a couple weeks.

Can't remember who it was that was asking about a Starbucks job. I have often thought that it would be so much fun. Starbucks people are happy...have you ever noticed??? With the stress and intensity of my job I think a few hours in the evening at Starbucks would be a nice change of pace...I say go for it and think of it as a vacation from your real job:-)

Dee so glad to hear the talk session helped a little. I think sometimes we need to "shop" for the right match in the counseling department. I hope you find the right therapist for you. It's kind of like dating:-) I have an idea....lets have a Red Robin night and we can all talk, talk, talk. When should we all meet???

Hope you are all well.

Welcome to the newly banded.

Hi everyone:

Dee, I hope that talking to someone helps you....you deserve to be happy. Will you be seeing him again? I wish I can talk to someone about how much food controls my life. I eat with every emotion. I have come to the conclusion that I have an addictive personality and whatever I do in life...I have to be addicted. I even started smoking again. If I can't eat......

Lifesaver: I pray for you for a speedy recovery and hope you can get back to your exercise. I admire you on your stamina. I wish I had it. I am having a hard time getting started on exercise.

Lotza: I had my first fill last Wednesday. He put in 3cc's in my 10cc band. I felt good for a couple of days and now I am STARVING even more than before. What's weird is that I can't eat fast or it wants to come back up and it HURTS:eek:....but I can still eat too much food in one sitting as long as I chew good. I am being good about not drinking while eating and I am trying to eat Protein first, but I am soo darn hungry. I wasn't supposed to go in for another fill until 9/17 but I called today and I am going back on 8/27 (Wed) for my second fill. I do not want to gain.:thumbup:

Adork: glad you are feeling better and thanks for keeping track of our challenge.

Hi everyone:

Lotza: I had my first fill last Wednesday. He put in 3cc's in my 10cc band. I felt good for a couple of days and now I am STARVING even more than before. What's weird is that I can't eat fast or it wants to come back up and it HURTS:eek:....but I can still eat too much food in one sitting as long as I chew good. I am being good about not drinking while eating and I am trying to eat Protein first, but I am soo darn hungry. I wasn't supposed to go in for another fill until 9/17 but I called today and I am going back on 8/27 (Wed) for my second fill. I do not want to gain.:thumbup:

I thought I was the only one not feeling tight right after. I wish that I had pushed for more of a fill. I hurt when it goes down too, and I may end up eating too much soon. Last night I felt really good restriction, but tonight it's only a little better than before and I am hungry today too. And I just got mine yesterday!! I'm going to have to find a doctor in salt lake FAST!!

P.S. I had to push just to get 3.8 when I really thought 4 would be better.

quote]

Fit is precisely the right word. I've gone through five therapists, you either outgrow them or fail to bond. Trust is a huge element and if you feel like somebody needs their Ritalin before they go any further then move on to the next one.

Well, I think being a good listener is a rather important skill for a therapist, yes? I hope it helped and I urge you to find someone who is a better fit.

Yes. I've often thought they are simply listeners who allow us to hear our own thoughts.

1c5d9f332ab31f657cc6f8eaf399f916.gif

Well group I got my MRI results back!

NO WONDER!!!!!!!

I have disc d...... at L4.

I have a disc bulge indenting and compressing the nerve in my spine at L5.

I have another esis of some sort at S1.

No blow-out of anything but what I have is enough to explain the pain.

Plan: Physical therapy very mild. Re-visit with my doctor for a change in medication therapy. Keep losing weight ( oh yeah) and because of the pull my stomach is having on my back ( right there) reduction of tissue. That I cannot do until next summer.

So that's the news.

Well, that seems like good news Lap. Backs are such tricky things . . . I'm glad there is nothing blown. I'll bet the PT will help a lot.

1c5d9f332ab31f657cc6f8eaf399f916.gif

Well group I got my MRI results back!

NO WONDER!!!!!!!

I have disc d...... at L4.

I have a disc bulge indenting and compressing the nerve in my spine at L5.

I have another esis of some sort at S1.

No blow-out of anything but what I have is enough to explain the pain.

Plan: Physical therapy very mild. Re-visit with my doctor for a change in medication therapy. Keep losing weight ( oh yeah) and because of the pull my stomach is having on my back ( right there) reduction of tissue. That I cannot do until next summer.

So that's the news.

Well, that seems like good news Lap. Backs are such tricky things . . . I'm glad there is nothing blown. I'll bet the PT will help a lot.

yeah Mini with all those letters and numbers I was glad there was no blow out.

Been doing Google searches and I have:

Spondylolisthese of L5 on S1 which arthritis from what I can understand.

I have "mild levoscoliosis of the lumbar spine" which is curviture of the spine..no doubt from this huge stomach on my body.

Oh weight

off

off

off

soon

Dee-I am glad you went to the therapist, but I do question if he is the right fit. I know for me personally, that would annoy the hell out of me if he asked me the same things over and over that we already talked about. I have been to several different therapists, some good, some bad. The therapist we went to for marriage counseling was just a joke. I actually had to physically restrain myself from laughing hysterically in her office one day! She was cuckoo!! I go back to my old shrink tomorrow-he is the one that was on call during the whole husband incident (signed himself off due to conflict of interest) and apparently he is worried about my mental health after all this. I am actually doing pretty well, even though I have been off antidepressants since February. But I will see what he has to say at any rate. Maybe I am in denial.

Lifesaver & Mini-I am so glad you gals don't think I have lost my mind for wanting to work at Starbucks. The Starbucks people DO seem happy!

Lap-I am sorry about your back. You will be amazed how much physical therapy will help. You know, I found out last summer after I strained my back that I have scoliosis also. The doc was scrolling through the xrays on the computer (they are fancy computerized xrays) and they were all of feet, hands, etc. He got to one of a back, but it was awfully curvy-like an S. I said "That's not my back is it?" And he said "You never knew you had scoliosis?" Um, no!! I still don't know how you get to be 34 and not know you have that bad of scoliosis?:thumbup: