Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

You summed that up so well. Dee, you ARE OUR SUNSHINE!!!!

YEP!!! Everybody sing along:

Dee is our sunshine

Our only sunshine

She makes us happy

When skies are gray

She'll never know, dear

How much we love her

We need to hear from our Dee

Every day.

Well, they're just so freakin' cute even with weird things coming out of their butts. That's so funny that Reilly eats your pillow when he's mad. What a goof ball.

He has Brutus doing it now too, because Brutus thinks he needs to do EVERYTHING Reilly does!

Munchkin, I'm Scottish too! We visited last year. It was so awesome to walk around and see lots of people who look like me!!! LOVED Edinburgh. Coolest city ever.

Hotmomma you sound like you're buried. But don't knock the 1 lb loss. It's soooo much better than the alternative. And you're lookin' so hot you don't need to stress about it.

Ooohhhh....I am so jealous you have been to Scotland. What clan are you from? I am from the Macpherson clan on one side, and the Armstrong clan on the other.

Ooohhhh....I am so jealous you have been to Scotland. What clan are you from? I am from the Macpherson clan on one side, and the Armstrong clan on the other.

MacDonald. The other side of my family is Icelandic. So, yes, I am one pale person who really dislikes the heat!!!

You are my albino twin!!!:) Seriously, people used to ask me if I was albino when I was younger, because I am so deathly pale!

You are my albino twin!!!:) Seriously, people used to ask me if I was albino when I was younger, because I am so deathly pale!

Heehee. Well, my paleness is marred by my gazillion and a half freckles. I am covered - well, except for the acres and acres of pearly white skin on my tummy and ass!!!

Just back from Denver and thought i'd do a drive by. I'm now at 3.8cc's. I talked Dr.K up .1 because I live farther away. For me it was the difference between feeling the Water hit the band, and not. I would rather be able to feel it, i think that will help me. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to find a doctor here in salt lake because with my new job i don't know what my schedule will be yet and it will be nice to not spend the whole day in airports and on shuttles and planes and hours spent in waiting rooms.

Adorkable....I'm down 2 lbs this week. My exercise goals for the challenge are 1) Finish the urban adventure race 2) climb a 14er. I finished (sortof) the Adventure Race on Saturday in Denver. It was hell. Anyone remember how hard it was raining on Saturday? At one point I crashed my bike, landed on my shoulder, threw up twice, and passed out from the pain. My teammates called 911 and I got the whole EMS/Fire response. It felt like 5 minutes but my friends told me it was 45 minutes. I woke up before the paramedics got there and refused to be transported....only to be told by my team that I wasn't allowed to ride my bike anymore (I had already ridden almost 20 miles). I was a 911 Dispatcher and an EMT for a long time, so I wanted nothing to do with getting in the back of that ambulance. Our team finished the race...(which was a bitch) in 2nd to last place:-) I will definately do it again next year, but our entire team decided we needed to train/prepare more next time. It was HARD!!!

First off congrats on your 2 pounds!! Yeah!!!

Secondly... OMG Are you ok?? That sounded awful!!

I am a 911 dispatcher and share your loathing of going in an ambulance... quick to send one, resistant to go in one myself lol.

I can't really discuss this right now, but I'm dealing with some big things. Yesterday, I had an emotional breakdown. I have cried and cried and cried. Around 11am, I finally thought, I better try to eat something. I had some steamed veggies. I warmed them and took a couple of bites. Stuck! Stuck! Stuck! No sliming or vomiting, but pain! I guess crying and eating with the band is a bad thing!

I have an appt. to see a therapist tomorrow morning.

Being stressed, dehydrated and on my TOM have all proven to make me tight.

Awww Dee... (((HUGS))) I am so sorry you are having a rough time right now. Please feel free to call me if you need to talk. Anytime!!

I hope the therapist will help. I worked with a therapist to manage my depression and it was the best thing I ever did for my mental health.

Adork-I wrote you a huge reply last night and it didn't post for some reason! Everything kept freezing up, so I got frustrated and said to heck with it. What I was going to tell you, was that I didn't want to say anything before your gallbladder surgery, but my gallbladder surgery was hell. I attributed it to the fact that I had not had surgery since I had my tonsils taken out when I was 5, until I had my band surgery to compare it to. The gallbladder surgery is brutal-not sure why!

I was laughing about Sophie eating your computer cord! When Bailey was little he ate a visitors $400 Palm Pilot. Then when Abby was a pup, I went to the basement to put laundry in the dryer. By the time I got back upstairs (no more than 5 minutes later) she had eaten a hole about 1 foot wide by 1 foot in length out of my brand new living room chair!! I about died! Luckily it was fixable!! Labs are the naughtiest puppies ever, I swear!

I am up one pound this week, which was not unexpected. I knew last weeks loss was all stress/lack of eating weight loss!

Haha... thanks for the "warning". :cool2: Actually hubby had his out and had drain tubes and was out of work for 3 weeks. I just thought he was being a baby. Guess I should have kept my mouth shut. Karma. :thumbup:

:eek: On the Palm Pilot. I would have died. lol. Wow.

Sophie is still chewing on stuff. She got a hold of one of my running shoes yesterday and chewed up the laces and a bit of the heel but thankfully they are still usable.

Last night hubby and I were trying to sleep when we heard this weird sound, turn on the light and Sophie had chewed a three inch strip of wallpaper off the wall! :eek: It was a border that was painted over by the previous owners... how she found this one little strip of wallpaper UNDER paint is beyond me! lol. Crazy dog. :lol:

When Keeley was a little one she ate about half of one of my long skirts. Gee, it was fun for her when it came out the other end, let me tell you!

One of my kitties is obsessed with eating ribbon. She had been moping around the house for a few days (this was a few years ago) when I saw something bright red on her bottom. At first I thought it was blood and was terrified! Then I realized it was the end of a piece of ribbon. We took her to the vet who pulled out 3 feet of Christmas ribbon. Egads!!!

So far the only thing Gracie May eats that she shouldn't is Keeley's poop. It's so disgusting. She threw up poop scented vomit all over her crib the other night. BLECH! Why do we love these little fur people so much????

:eek: on the skirt

:blink: on the ribbon

:sneaky: on the poop eating

LOL

Ok, so this is my latest flight of fancy. My coworkers are all laughing at me because I want to get a part time job at Starbucks. It looks fun to work there and it would be soooooo non-stressful as a second job. More importantly, it's NOT a nursing job. Yes, I know I would make about 25 bucks more an hour working more nursing hours, but that is not what it is about. And I would get a discount on my iced tea that I am addicted to. :thumbup: And sadly, Starbucks actually has better benefits than our hospital! So weigh in everyone, have I officially gone off my rocker?

I don't think it is crazy at all. I was considering it as well... but decided to work part time for another police department so I could make more money to pay off my surgery loan.

I was considering Starbucks for the same reasons... great benefits, looked fun, free coffee!!! lol. In the end I decided it might be dangerous to be around so many yummy liquid things that would fly past my band. lol

I lost 1 messly pound last week. All the running around my diet has sucked. But al least I don't eat alot, right?

Yeah congrats on your pound!!! Woot! :huh2:

I can top the cat story...my cat Buster (aka Fat Bubba) had 9 feet of string come out his hiney once. No joke!! I came home one night and he greeted me at the door, turned around and trotted away, and had about 3 feet of string coming out of his rear. I completely freaked and called the emergency vet, who told me to isolate him in a room until the rest came out. It seriously was a total of 9 feet. This is also the cat who has somehow singed off the whiskers above his eyes one night when we were gone. The only thing I could figure out was that he stuck his head in the bottom of the furnace and the pilot light singed them! He definitely is at the end of his 9 lives!

A few months ago Reilly ate about 1/4 of my bathroom rug, you know, with the rubber stuff on the back and all. I thought for SURE he would have a bowel obstruction. He really enjoyed that coming out the other end I am sure! I picked up pieces of bathroom rug poo from all over the yard! (I am still not sure what possessed him as he does not usually eat anything except for the pillow I sleep with when he is mad at me for getting home late. I buy alot of new pillows)!

You are right...after reading this, why do we love our little fur boogers so much?

Oh my!!! Thanks for the giggle. Hubby and I were both laughing about the singed whiskers. *snort* Silly kitty.

I took some ladies off the list who haven't weighed in at all for the challenge so far. If you aren't on the list and want to be... just post your stats and I will add ya!!

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

adorkable | initial 314 | wk1 307 | wk2 299 tongue.gif

Amieru | initial 249 | wk1 247| wk2 245 tongue.gif

bahotmomma | initial 146 | wk1 145 | wk2 144 tongue.gif

BellaPerdente | initial 259 | wk1 257 | wk2 256 tongue.gif

deboregon | initial 316.5 | wk1 313.1 | wk2 307.8 tongue.gif

DenverGirl |initial 239 | wk1 237 :thumbup:

GreenChrysalis | initial 244 | wk1 243 | wk2 240.5 tongue.gif

lap_dancer | initial 307 | wk1 305 :thumbup:

lifesaver | initial 178 | wk1 175 | wk2 173 tongue.gif

lotzasunshine | initial 294 | ???

minidriver | initial 204.8 | wk1 205.2 | wk2 203.3 tongue.gif

munchkin392 | initial 189 | wk1 186 | wk2 187 tongue.gif

PrtyAntOvrYt | wk1&2 -5.2 tongue.gif

ShelbiCallie | initial 189 | wk1 188 | wk2 187 tongue.gif

Sidann | initial 223 | wk1 221 | wk2 220 tongue.gif

Adork-

Believe me, we were laughing over the singed whiskers also. One side was almost completely singed off, he looked all lopsided. And keep in mind this is a very funny cat anyway-he really acts more like a dog. FULL of personality. So that made it even funnier, because he was just like "What? What is all the worry about?" Silly boy.

As for Sophie and the wallpaper, who knows how they find these things. They are goofy I tell ya!! I woke up one night to a chewing sound, and turned the light on, and Reilly was eating the leg of my Thomasville armoire that I have had for 15 years. (Ok, that was his one other transgression besides bed pillows.) He just looked at me like the cat did- "What? I'm not doing anything!"

Wow, it looks like almost as many of us are/were 911 dispatchers as nurses!! There are some days I wish I could go back to that! I want to pick up hours dispatching at our hospital ambulance where I worked while I went through nursing school (and all the medics want me to come back because their dispatchers suck) but they are too cheap to pay me overtime. :thumbup: So Starbucks it is I guess! And I am not worried too much about being around the high calorie drinks-I really only like the iced tea!

Shelbi, Munchkin, Bahotmamma, Mini, Dork, Greenie, Rene, Deb, Lap!

Thank you! You're all so sweet to me!

The song, Mini is just so cute! It made me cry! Not sad tears, but happy ones! I Love you all!

You are all my sunshine too. You've been here with me, every step of the way.

My head hurts so bad right now, from no sleep and not eating. I can't seem to eat much. I have this huge lump in my throat and it just sits there! Not the band, but emotions.

It's interesting. My behavior hasn't changed. I always knew I wasn't an emotional eater, I'm a emotional non-eater. Even before I had the band, I couldn't eat when I was sad. I've figured out that I'm a Happy Eater. When things are good in my life and I'm happy, that's when I eat... or used to eat. Now the band helps me!

Life goes on...

I'm praying therapy helps.

Love,

me~

I took some ladies off the list who haven't weighed in at all for the challenge so far. If you aren't on the list and want to be... just post your stats and I will add ya!!

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

adorkable | initial 314 | wk1 307 | wk2 299 tongue.gif

Amieru | initial 249 | wk1 247| wk2 245 tongue.gif

bahotmomma | initial 146 | wk1 145 | wk2 144 tongue.gif

BellaPerdente | initial 259 | wk1 257 | wk2 256 tongue.gif

deboregon | initial 316.5 | wk1 313.1 | wk2 307.8 tongue.gif

DenverGirl |initial 239 | wk1 237 :thumbup:

GreenChrysalis | initial 244 | wk1 243 | wk2 240.5 tongue.gif

lap_dancer | initial 307 | wk1 305 :thumbup:

lifesaver | initial 178 | wk1 175 | wk2 173 tongue.gif

lotzasunshine | initial 294 | ???

minidriver | initial 204.8 | wk1 205.2 | wk2 203.3 tongue.gif

munchkin392 | initial 189 | wk1 186 | wk2 187 tongue.gif

PrtyAntOvrYt | wk1&2 -5.2 tongue.gif

ShelbiCallie | initial 189 | wk1 188 | wk2 187 tongue.gif

Sidann | initial 223 | wk1 221 | wk2 220 tongue.gif

Sorry that I haven't weighed in yet. I am a little ashamed to admit that I am sitting at 297 this week. But the fill I got yesterday should really help right?

Shelbi, Munchkin, Bahotmamma, Mini, Dork, Greenie, Rene, Deb, Lap!

Thank you! You're all so sweet to me!

The song, Mini is just so cute! It made me cry! Not sad tears, but happy ones! I Love you all!

You are all my sunshine too. You've been here with me, every step of the way.

My head hurts so bad right now, from no sleep and not eating. I can't seem to eat much. I have this huge lump in my throat and it just sits there! Not the band, but emotions.

It's interesting. My behavior hasn't changed. I always knew I wasn't an emotional eater, I'm a emotional non-eater. Even before I had the band, I couldn't eat when I was sad. I've figured out that I'm a Happy Eater. When things are good in my life and I'm happy, that's when I eat... or used to eat. Now the band helps me!

Life goes on...

I'm praying therapy helps.

Love,

me~

dee, please check in with us after your therapy appointment and let us know how you're doing.

Sorry that I haven't weighed in yet. I am a little ashamed to admit that I am sitting at 297 this week. But the fill I got yesterday should really help right?

Lotza, don't be ashamed. I think that it is sooooo common to gain a little during the time right before your first fill. Yes, the fill should help a great deal. And I'll let you know how things go with the SLC guy. I know what you mean about the planes, shuttles, waiting room thing.