Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dork,

I have lost 5.2 lbs since the start of the challenge. I have also been riding my bike daily 35 mins a day.

Congrats on making it to Twoterville!

Cute toes!

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

Weigh-ins so far...

adorkable | initial 314 | wk1 307 | wk2 299 :)

Amieru | initial 249 | wk1 247| wk2 245 :tongue:

bahotmomma | initial 146 | wk1 145 :biggrin:

BellaPerdente | initial 259 | wk1 257 | wk2 256 :tongue:

brandymom1234 | ???

deboregon | initial 316.5 | wk1 313.1 | wk2 307.8 :tongue:

DenverGirl |initial 239 | wk1 237 :thumbup:

GreenChrysalis | initial 244 | wk1 243 | wk2 240.5 :tongue:

lap_dancer | initial 307 | wk1 305 :crying:

lifesaver | initial 178 | wk1 175 :tt2:

lotzasunshine | initial 294 | ???

Mal | ???

minidriver | initial 204.8 | wk1 205.2 | wk2 203.3 :tongue:

munchkin392 | initial 189 | wk1 186 :eek:

PrtyAntOvrYt | wk1&2 -5.2 :tongue:

ShelbiCallie | initial 189 | wk1 188 | wk2 187 :tongue:

Sidann | initial 223 | wk1 221 | wk2 220 :tongue:

Woofay | ???

Ador: congrats on breaking the "2" barrier:thumbup:My initial weight: 316.5

Week 1: 313.1 (-3.4)

Week 2: 307.8 (-5.3)

(In the week of July 28-Aug 4, when we started, I had lost 5 pounds...just because? no dieting persay:glare:)

Well, tomorrow morning I will be on a plane headed to Denver. It was horrible getting a place to stay, even when I booked a motel last May. We are staying at some place called the sleep Inn at Denver Tech:confused2: in Englewood about 9 miles from Crown Pointe. PLEASE don't anyone say "Yuck!!" as it is paid for and I can't get my money back from Priceline.:sad:

Am anxious as well as eager for this day (Wednesday). I won't have access to a computer until we come back on Thursday, so won't be able to give details until then.

Ador: have to say I was sooooo relieved to see all the responses to you about pain of gall bladder surgery surpassing that of the band.:lol::lol: I had my gall bladder removed in 1997 and I still remember the pain of trying to just get out of bed!!

Good job on the preop girly!! Way to go! I am so excited for you. And TRUST me... my LapBand was a cake walk compared to this pesky gallbladder. :tongue: You should be golden!

Congrats Adorkable!! I was soooo excited when I saw that number too!! I did a little happy dance on the scale!!

My weigh in this week was 245lbs. I'm down 2 lbs from last week!!! woohoo!!! Don't know how that happened. Probably because I got something stuck on Saturday and I've been on soft stuff for the last two days. Man I hate that! I'm so afraid when I do that because of the throwing up part of it. I don't want to damage anything....but then when it's stuck you need relief fast!!!

Anyone else had this happen??? Do you feel sore in your left ribcage afterwards? I think that's the dull pain I'm feeling?? I feel like I pay more attention to every little pain or strange feeling I have in my stomach area now a days...I worry about it too much probably.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week!

Thanks girly. Congrats on your loss!!!! Sorry about your stuck episode. I guess I am confused about the difference between being stuck and PB'ing. What you described is exactly what I went through... got stuck, lots of pain and sliming, had to come back up. Is that a PB or stuck or the same or both? lol

I know what you mean about being worried about throwing it up and hurting something, but honestly what else can you do when you are stuck? Obviously try your darndest not to do it, but beyond that, sometimes it just happens.

I didn't notice any pain in my ribcage afterwards for me. I do pay attention to every ache and pain more though!! And I am still very aware of my port, more so when I am laying down.

Dork,

I have lost 5.2 lbs since the start of the challenge. I have also been riding my bike daily 35 mins a day.

Congrats on making it to Twoterville!

Cute toes!

Awesome job Dee! WTG on the exercise. How are you feeling otherwise??? Any better? :blink:

Question: I broke out in horrible cold sweats today while out shopping with the hubby. I was FREEZING but I was sweating like a pig. (do pigs even sweat?) Anyway... I have also had some wicked diarrhea today as well. Is this just side effects from anesthesia still? Should I be concerned? One of my incisions is fairly red and angry looking, but it is not pussy or hot so I think it is ok. Just so worried about getting the band infected. :blink:

And off topic question: Is it ok to feed doggie's Popsicles? lol. Sophie had half my banana Popsicle and LOVED it. Is it ok to feed her one as a treat occasionally?

So this is a strange thing, peeps. Right after my fill I had really good restriction, but I think it was just due to swelling from the needle cuz it went away after 4 or 5 days. Well, today I can barely eat anything. 2-3 bites and I'm stuffed. I keep having those little half-burp, half-hiccup things and they HURT.

Do you guys think I might be having that delayed restriction thing that some people talk about it? Not complaining, mind you, but it's sort of weird.

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss.

Dee, that's one rockin' loss in 2 weeks. Dayum!!!

Question: I broke out in horrible cold sweats today while out shopping with the hubby. I was FREEZING but I was sweating like a pig. (do pigs even sweat?) Anyway... I have also had some wicked diarrhea today as well. Is this just side effects from anesthesia still? Should I be concerned? One of my incisions is fairly red and angry looking, but it is not pussy or hot so I think it is ok. Just so worried about getting the band infected. :blink:

And off topic question: Is it ok to feed doggie's Popsicles? lol. Sophie had half my banana Popsicle and LOVED it. Is it ok to feed her one as a treat occasionally?

Oh dear!! That doesn't sound good . . . might you have been having a low blood sugar moment? Are you still taking vicodin? Wow, I'd keep an eye on your incision and make sure that it doesn't get any redder.

I think a doggie popsicle is just fine. You just can't ever give your doggie chocolate. That can be deadly.

Oh dear!! That doesn't sound good . . . might you have been having a low blood sugar moment? Are you still taking vicodin? Wow, I'd keep an eye on your incision and make sure that it doesn't get any redder.

I think a doggie popsicle is just fine. You just can't ever give your doggie chocolate. That can be deadly.

My husband was really freaked in the store, my skin was really clammy and cold but my face was dripping. I just thought maybe it was delayed from anesthesia??? But it has been 6 days.

I haven't taken any vicodin for the last 2 days. Maybe it is withdrawals. ha ha.. kidding. I did overdo it a bit in the yard this morning and didn't eat until 4pm (I know bad Lori bad...) so it is possible it could be blood sugar, but this happened after a good meal (salmon cakes... yum) so I am not sure if that is it.

I am trying to research it online but am not having much luck. I don't want to bug my surgeon so late so I will hold out til the AM.

And no worries... I know chocolate is OFF limits. :blink: Thanks!

So this is a strange thing, peeps. Right after my fill I had really good restriction, but I think it was just due to swelling from the needle cuz it went away after 4 or 5 days. Well, today I can barely eat anything. 2-3 bites and I'm stuffed. I keep having those little half-burp, half-hiccup things and they HURT.

Do you guys think I might be having that delayed restriction thing that some people talk about it? Not complaining, mind you, but it's sort of weird.

Mini, My restriction fluctuates like that too. As long as I can still drink to stay hydrated and get enough calories in, I don't worry about it too much. For me I may feel restriction for a week, then less, then more, then less, then less...until it's time for a fill. I don't really understand it. Tom said there can be some fluctuations depending on if you have lost weight (less restricted feeling) or it's that time of the month (which makes some people feel more restricted).

Adorkable....I'm down 2 lbs this week. My exercise goals for the challenge are 1) Finish the urban adventure race 2) climb a 14er. I finished (sortof) the Adventure Race on Saturday in Denver. It was hell. Anyone remember how hard it was raining on Saturday? At one point I crashed my bike, landed on my shoulder, threw up twice, and passed out from the pain. My teammates called 911 and I got the whole EMS/Fire response. It felt like 5 minutes but my friends told me it was 45 minutes. I woke up before the paramedics got there and refused to be transported....only to be told by my team that I wasn't allowed to ride my bike anymore (I had already ridden almost 20 miles). I was a 911 Dispatcher and an EMT for a long time, so I wanted nothing to do with getting in the back of that ambulance. Our team finished the race...(which was a bitch) in 2nd to last place:-) I will definately do it again next year, but our entire team decided we needed to train/prepare more next time. It was HARD!!!

Anyway...this is kind of a drive by posting because I am inundated at work and don't have time to check in that often. Hope everyone is well.

Dee, I read that you are feeling blue....that makes me sad. I hope that you get your happies back soon.

Mini, My restriction fluctuates like that too. As long as I can still drink to stay hydrated and get enough calories in, I don't worry about it too much. For me I may feel restriction for a week, then less, then more, then less, then less...until it's time for a fill. I don't really understand it. Tom said there can be some fluctuations depending on if you have lost weight (less restricted feeling) or it's that time of the month (which makes some people feel more restricted).

Adorkable....I'm down 2 lbs this week. My exercise goals for the challenge are 1) Finish the urban adventure race 2) climb a 14er. I finished (sortof) the Adventure Race on Saturday in Denver. It was hell. Anyone remember how hard it was raining on Saturday? At one point I crashed my bike, landed on my shoulder, threw up twice, and passed out from the pain. My teammates called 911 and I got the whole EMS/Fire response. It felt like 5 minutes but my friends told me it was 45 minutes. I woke up before the paramedics got there and refused to be transported....only to be told by my team that I wasn't allowed to ride my bike anymore (I had already ridden almost 20 miles). I was a 911 Dispatcher and an EMT for a long time, so I wanted nothing to do with getting in the back of that ambulance. Our team finished the race...(which was a bitch) in 2nd to last place:-) I will definately do it again next year, but our entire team decided we needed to train/prepare more next time. It was HARD!!!

Anyway...this is kind of a drive by posting because I am inundated at work and don't have time to check in that often. Hope everyone is well.

Dee, I read that you are feeling blue....that makes me sad. I hope that you get your happies back soon.

Oh my Goodness Rene!

Are you doing okay now? How are you feeling? That's horrible! I am so thankful you are okay!

You know Mini, each time I think I need a fill, something happens to tell me I do not.

I can't really discuss this right now, but I'm dealing with some big things. Yesterday, I had an emotional breakdown. I have cried and cried and cried. Around 11am, I finally thought, I better try to eat something. I had some steamed veggies. I warmed them and took a couple of bites. Stuck! Stuck! Stuck! No sliming or vomiting, but pain! I guess crying and eating with the band is a bad thing!

I have an appt. to see a therapist tomorrow morning.

Being stressed, dehydrated and on my TOM have all proven to make me tight.

I also have heard of others having a delayed restriction. That might be you!

OMG!!! Are you okay? That sounds sooooo scary! Well, you certainly got your exercise in for the week!!!

Thanks for the info about the fluctuating restriction.

Holy crud! Didn't expect this when I weighed in this morning. =) =)

FINALLY.

Good bye 300's!

Hellloooo TWOterville!!!

0818081126.jpg?t=1219084595

Big Congrats to you Ador!!!

COngrats to all the other losers as well!

You know Mini, each time I think I need a fill, something happens to tell me I do not.

I can't really discuss this right now, but I'm dealing with some big things. Yesterday, I had an emotional breakdown. I have cried and cried and cried. Around 11am, I finally thought, I better try to eat something. I had some steamed veggies. I warmed them and took a couple of bites. Stuck! Stuck! Stuck! No sliming or vomiting, but pain! I guess crying and eating with the band is a bad thing!

I have an appt. to see a therapist tomorrow morning.

Being stressed, dehydrated and on my TOM have all proven to make me tight.

I also have heard of others having a delayed restriction. That might be you!

Therapy has been the best gift I have ever given myself -- right up there with my band! I hope you find it as helpful as I have.

Edited by ShelbiCallie
It's gift, not gft!

OMG! Glad you're ok. I must say that your committment to exercise is impressive! What is a 14er??

My husband was really freaked in the store, my skin was really clammy and cold but my face was dripping. I just thought maybe it was delayed from anesthesia??? But it has been 6 days.

I haven't taken any vicodin for the last 2 days. Maybe it is withdrawals. ha ha.. kidding. I did overdo it a bit in the yard this morning and didn't eat until 4pm (I know bad Lori bad...) so it is possible it could be blood sugar, but this happened after a good meal (salmon cakes... yum) so I am not sure if that is it.

I am trying to research it online but am not having much luck. I don't want to bug my surgeon so late so I will hold out til the AM.

And no worries... I know chocolate is OFF limits. :thumbup: Thanks!

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Let us know what the surgeon says. You know, with PCOS sometimes if you're ovulating you'll have hot flash type symptoms. Or, at least I do. And weight loss brings on ovulation, so....