Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Well, I just took Gracie on her first walk in the park. Keeley usually saunters around the park (my preferred pace) but Gracie was really motoring along! I worked up quite a sweat keeping up with her! This could be a very good thing . . .

Awesome! Sophie has been keeping me hopping too! Love it! :thumbdown:

The new little one is doing well, but has a lingering case of kennel cough that is really awful. She's on three different meds . . . poor little thing.

Awww... poor Sophie has the kennel cough too. Just breaks my heart when she wakes up hacking. :redface: Hope you lil girl feels better soon. We just got Sophie on Clavamox yesterday and it seems o have helped a bit already.

Brandy,

I posted it, but I hated doing so!

My UGBF (upgraded boyfriend) - told me that he's fallen in love with me. He says he loves everything about me. In October, we are going to spend some time together. I'm looking forward to it. He says, I won't know how much he loves me until we are together in person.

Sigh -- heavy sigh~

:crying: :mad2: Awwwwwww....... so happy for you.

Lap~ your grandbaby is a doll! LOVE the smiling pic. What a cutie!

Well ladies my gallbladder surgery is scheduled. It was going to be this Tuesday but I had a work conflict so I scheduled it for the 12th.

I really like Dr Monash. I am so glad I decided to meet with him. He seemed very genuine and sincere... took his time, went over statistics... listened to me. I did NOT feel rushed! I feel VERY comfortable with him. I swear... I have hit the jackpot lately when it comes to Dr's. :rolleyes:

When he found out how much weight I lost he congratulated me and said job well done. Felt great hearing that from a Dr.

Oh and he also agreed to do my follow-up care and fills. As much as I like having it done under fluoroscopy... I just cannot justify the drive anymore, specially now that I met him and really liked him. I didn't get a lot of info on that yet since he wanted to focus on my up-coming surgery for now.

Denise, if it wouldn't be too much bother, could you please eat a little of that cheesecake for me? I would really appreciate it . . . .

Dork, I"m sorry Sophie has kennel cough too. Poor girlie.

I'm so glad you like the doc and that you can have him do your fills. That will be so much easier.

Dork...I am glad your loving your new doc and that your surgery is scheduled...my hubby is having surgery on the same day!!!

Dee-I think it's so cute that you're all in love like a schoolgirl...Awww!!

Brandy & Shelbi-Hey buddies! Good to hear from both of you!

Mal-I am also sending extra catch up prayers for your sons friend. How scary!! It sounds like he is going to be lucky though, it could have been much worse than it was.

Mini-Give Gracie some kisses and hugs from all of us! Her kennel cough will be gone before you know it. Are her and Keeley getting along well?

Lap-I cannot begin to tell you how much I adore the pic of the munchkin smiling...so adorable!! Yup, he's going to have the girls chasing after him for sure!:thumbdown:

Sorry folks, I don't have much to say tonight. I had a momentary lapse of reason and went in to work extra Monday night in the unit I keep getting floated to. It was actually not a bad night. I ended the morning by getting a 22 year old that was passed out in a bar parking lot and someone ran him over. Yup, you heard me right. He had a nice tire track from his nipple line all the way to his naval. And he only had a broken finger. Can you believe that? :redface: He was lucky indeed.

We are still waiting to hear if my sister got the police job. I REALLY hope she does now, because she informed me tonight that if she doesn't, she is going to deploy to Iraq for a year. I really just don't think I can handle her and my stepson being deployed at the same time!:rolleyes: I personally think she has lost her dang mind....

You all thanks so much for sweet thoughts about Christopher. My daughter now GETS IT. That special bond between a son and his mother.She and I will fight the girls off him, no heartbreakers! ((smiles))This:Originally Posted by PrtyAntOvrYt Brandy, I posted it, but I hated doing so!My UGBF (upgraded boyfriend) - told me that he's fallen in love with me. He says he loves everything about me. In October, we are going to spend some time together. I'm looking forward to it. He says, I won't know how much he loves me until we are together in person.Sigh -- heavy sigh~...................We're dropping like flies in love here. Crazy crazy. Well congrats on the upgrade.I love reading all these life moments that are happening.

Wow, so much has happened since I was last logged on.

Dee, I did not recognize you in the last picture I saw.

This last month has been worse than the previous months. I have about no fill due to the acid reflux and I am still in big trouble. My general practioner up my Prilosec to 40mg and Maalox 4 times a day. What a mess. Then nothing would digest and I had so much gas pain, I was living on GAS-X.

Finally, 2 days ago, I was so fed up that I just stopped all the meds cold turkey. The gas pain has lessened to almost nothing. Maybe one Gas-x per day, and I feel so much better. The acid reflux hasn't started back yet, but it took 4 days last time I tried to go off, so I hope I will be OK.

An old friend of my mothers told me to try, 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice in a cup of Hot Water first thing in the morning. Seems counter intuitive, but so far I feel better.

You know sometimes, you feel so deperate that you will try anything.

Needless to say with no fill, I am not losing weight. But I have been so afraid that the band was causing my acid reflux, that I was having trouble making good decisions. Since the acid reflux continued even with no fill, I have decided ( no data) that it is not my band. ( or at least I am thinking positive). I don't know about you all but the thought of having to give up my band is down right frightening.

Who is going to the picnic this weekend?

Mare

Oh Mare...I am so sorry about the reflux. My DD ended up having a nissen and g-tube placed at 3 months for severe reflux. She still gets it and will tell me "that man is back in my tummy with his ladder...he is going up and down, up and down".

It is a miserable feeling. I will say a prayer for you that you get better FAST!

As of today, were still going to the picnic. Should be fun!!

Munchkin - oh I hope your sister gets the job. That would be so scary for her to go to Iraq.

Brandy, DD's description of reflux is so sweet.

Mare - has your doctor tried something like Protonix? It completely turns off the acid pumps in the stomach. I had TERRIBLE reflux and heartburn for years until they put my on Protonix.

adorkable, good luck with your gallbladder removal. I had mine done years ago, and felt sooo much better afterward!

Brandy, would love to do lunch. Sent you an e-mail.

Munchkin, I love the story about your patient getting run over. OMG. I work as a RN too and sometimes the stuff that happens is so amazing.

Is the picnic just for Dr. K's previous patients? What a neat idea.

Mini, I tried to have dinner at the Cheesecake factory last night with a friend, and the line was literally out the door, so we skipped it. I guess yesterday was "national cheesecake day" so they must have had some special going.

My birthday is today - 48...grrrrr. I had been feeling kind of down about it, but since my surgery is looming in the near future I"m feeling considerably happier about the days ahead.

Have a great day everybody. Love reading all the LBT posts.

Happy Birthday Denvergirl!!!

:biggrin:

I love the cheesecake factory! Yum!

My fave is the Key Lime.

Paula Deen has an excellent Low Fat, No Sugar cheesecake recipe that my daughter makes all of the time! It's a nice treat!

What are you going to do for your birthday today?

Wow, so much has happened since I was last logged on.

Dee, I did not recognize you in the last picture I saw.

This last month has been worse than the previous months. I have about no fill due to the acid reflux and I am still in big trouble. My general practioner up my Prilosec to 40mg and Maalox 4 times a day. What a mess. Then nothing would digest and I had so much gas pain, I was living on GAS-X.

Finally, 2 days ago, I was so fed up that I just stopped all the meds cold turkey. The gas pain has lessened to almost nothing. Maybe one Gas-x per day, and I feel so much better. The acid reflux hasn't started back yet, but it took 4 days last time I tried to go off, so I hope I will be OK.

An old friend of my mothers told me to try, 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice in a cup of Hot Water first thing in the morning. Seems counter intuitive, but so far I feel better.

You know sometimes, you feel so deperate that you will try anything.

Needless to say with no fill, I am not losing weight. But I have been so afraid that the band was causing my acid reflux, that I was having trouble making good decisions. Since the acid reflux continued even with no fill, I have decided ( no data) that it is not my band. ( or at least I am thinking positive). I don't know about you all but the thought of having to give up my band is down right frightening.

Who is going to the picnic this weekend?

Mare

Thanks Mare! I went home to ABQ this last weekend and my Mom said the same thing! She was actually really nice this time! I have such a long way to go, I need those strokes! But yet, don't we all!??

My Sweet Friend, I am so sorry you're having a hard time! You've really been struggling. I hope that you come back to our board here and spend time letting us support you through the hard times.

I'm sending you a big hug!