Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Sunshine, how are you feeling? I'm sorry if I was hard on you! It's not my place to admonish anyone. I just was worried about you doing too much too soon. Besides, how often do we have a legitimate excuse for taking care of ourselves!?

No worries dear! I am feeling better except for a lot of port pain. But I do hear that port pain is normal for a few weeks.I think I was just trying to bounce back into real life again too fast. Like yesterday I REALLY needed to do some grocery shopping so I went to costco to get gas and then inside to get milk. That was it. I was also going to run by Walmart, but by the time I checked out I HAD to go home and rest. Something I think that has helped is I finally got my Protein Powder in the mail. I was really struggling with getting it from the shakes. I bought the tasteless stuff and I am so glad cuz I can put it in anything!! I am feeling better today and have dropped another couple of lbs!!! YAY!!! Congratz to you as well for your loss this week!! :thumbup::thumbup::crying::thumbup::wink2::thumbup::biggrin:

Hi gals...

I must say it has been busy busy busy here...

I have been at a conference in LV since last Sunday and had zero access to the computer, therefore I was MIA!

I need help!!!!

I go in Thursday for a fill...I am up 5 pounds. I want to cry.

I have been eating OK, not over kill. I have been working out. I have been on the fairly good side and I have only gone up. WTF?!?! Pardon me...but I am so discouraged, so aggrivated, I just am upset.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET OVER THIS!!!

I know that I have done well, that I look "decent" but I want these last 25-30 pounds off...this is for me and where I think I would be comfortable. Please, anyone tell me. I just want to go eat ice cfream, chips, and drink some margaritas!!

ANYONE?!?!

Lotza...I am almost 8 months out...I still get port pain. Don't know why but it is there! Hopefully one day it will be gone~

Good morning everybody. I'm on my way to the convention center for volunteer training for the Democratic Convention. Should be a crazy crowd.

I got brave and got on the scale this morning. OMG an all time high for me, other than when I was pregnant. At least there will be no worries, my BMI is plenty high at 36 now.

Dee, thanks for the info. What did you mean by sliming? Or do I not want to know, lol?

Prty, don't stress about 50 in your future. Just think of Samanatha's birthday in Sex & The City, you can have an equally fabulous time.

Adorakable, I feel the same way. Wish I had known about this option a long time ago. Oh well, I guess things always work out for a reason. I love those splenda slurpies too - it has been steaming hot here in Denver.

Deb, I'm so glad your pup is better. I've been reading the old posts, and you sure have had some tough times. I have 2 chi's, and they are like my babies too.

Munchkin, I'm a RN too. From the posts, seems like we have a few of us on here!

Marie, how is your first week postop going? You're right, gas is not the worst thing.

Butterfly, thanksfor the tips. I'll plan on taking a week off.

Have a great day everybody! I got my consult appointment with Dr. K. for 8/8...it can't happen fast enough!

:thumbup: Nora

Brandy, you CAN do it! you can be down those 5 lbs by Thursday...you have come this far, just keep the goal in mind. Exercise cures the blues, go out and enjoy your Saturday! Hang in there.

Dee: Don't fret the 50 mark...remember 50 is the new 30 and you will be a new person before that! (By the way, no DH here; just me and my partner...and three dogs, of course:tt2:)

Tucker's first night home was a calm one. He slept well. He is taking his meds with no probs. Hopefully, all will continue to go smoothly.:tt2:

Ashland trip will be just two of us, my best friend and I. JL has volunteered to forgo the trip to stay with Tucker as we don't feel we want to put that responsibility on an outsider. Plus we would both be worried the entire time being over 300 miles away.

I was wondering if anyone had an answer for me on the liquid painkiller and also what is brand name of Protein powder that is tasteless and can go into pretty much anything?

So I kinda had a revelation today. I am doing pretty good on mushies as long as i chew and don't eat too fast. But I made a can of refreid Beans and some cheese for lunch and could only eat HALF!!! YAY!!! I am very excited that my overeating is gone!!! I ate them almost 2 hours ago and am not hungry YAY!!!!:tt2::thumbup::lol::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dee: Don't fret the 50 mark...remember 50 is the new 30 and you will be a new person before that! (By the way, no DH here; just me and my partner...and three dogs, of course:tt2:)

Tucker's first night home was a calm one. He slept well. He is taking his meds with no probs. Hopefully, all will continue to go smoothly.:tt2:

Ashland trip will be just two of us, my best friend and I. JL has volunteered to forgo the trip to stay with Tucker as we don't feel we want to put that responsibility on an outsider. Plus we would both be worried the entire time being over 300 miles away.

I was wondering if anyone had an answer for me on the liquid painkiller and also what is brand name of Protein powder that is tasteless and can go into pretty much anything?

Hey Deb, I am so glad Tucker's doing well!

Here's a link to the adult liquid Tylenol. Product Detail: Tylenol Extra Strength Adult Rapid Blast Liquid Cherry Flavor from CVS/pharmacy Online Product Store

It's to CVS, but probably Walgreens would have the same.

As long as you're getting the adult dose of acetominophen in mg, it's all good, whether you're taking the adult, junior, children's or ,heck, even infant drops preparation. You will probably have to take more liquid volume in the products meant for the youngsters in order to get the adult dose. Adults can have 325-650 mg every 4-6 hours in regular acetominophen and 650 -1300 mg every 8 hours in extended release acetominophen. I think there's only 160 mg of acetominophen in the Children's liquid per teaspoon; Infant's is much less -- their dose is figured by weight in kg. I hope I'm making sense.

One brand of tasteless protein powder is Unjury, but I'm sure there are others.

Hi gals...

I must say it has been busy busy busy here...

I have been at a conference in LV since last Sunday and had zero access to the computer, therefore I was MIA!

I need help!!!!

I go in Thursday for a fill...I am up 5 pounds. I want to cry.

I have been eating OK, not over kill. I have been working out. I have been on the fairly good side and I have only gone up. WTF?!?! Pardon me...but I am so discouraged, so aggrivated, I just am upset.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET OVER THIS!!!

I know that I have done well, that I look "decent" but I want these last 25-30 pounds off...this is for me and where I think I would be comfortable. Please, anyone tell me. I just want to go eat ice cfream, chips, and drink some margaritas!!

ANYONE?!?!

Glad you're back! I had forgotten you said you were going to a conference and was starting to get worried! Don't sweat the increase -- could be sodium intake, could be hormonal, could be the stress of travel -- you are doing great, this is just a short-term bump. Just continue to stay the course and those 5 pounds will leave. You know you can do this Brandy. Look how far you've come!!! You WILL make your goal!!

So I kinda had a revelation today. I am doing pretty good on mushies as long as i chew and don't eat too fast. But I made a can of refreid Beans and some cheese for lunch and could only eat HALF!!! YAY!!! I am very excited that my overeating is gone!!! I ate them almost 2 hours ago and am not hungry YAY!!!!:tt2::thumbup::lol::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yay Sunshine !!! (and it only get better!!!)

Good morning everybody. I'm on my way to the convention center for volunteer training for the Democratic Convention. Should be a crazy crowd.

I got brave and got on the scale this morning. OMG an all time high for me, other than when I was pregnant. At least there will be no worries, my BMI is plenty high at 36 now.

Dee, thanks for the info. What did you mean by sliming? Or do I not want to know, lol?

Prty, don't stress about 50 in your future. Just think of Samanatha's birthday in Sex & The City, you can have an equally fabulous time.

Adorakable, I feel the same way. Wish I had known about this option a long time ago. Oh well, I guess things always work out for a reason. I love those splenda slurpies too - it has been steaming hot here in Denver.

Deb, I'm so glad your pup is better. I've been reading the old posts, and you sure have had some tough times. I have 2 chi's, and they are like my babies too.

Munchkin, I'm a RN too. From the posts, seems like we have a few of us on here!

Marie, how is your first week postop going? You're right, gas is not the worst thing.

Butterfly, thanksfor the tips. I'll plan on taking a week off.

Have a great day everybody! I got my consult appointment with Dr. K. for 8/8...it can't happen fast enough!

:tt2: Nora

Consult day will be here before you know it! Have fun at the convention, if you get on CNN hold up a sign that says "I'm Denver Girl", so I can see you all the way here in NC!!

I just weighed!

Oh My Goodness! I have lost 23.6 lbs since starting the challenge and this week I lost 11.8 lbs. True loss is only 4.2, since I had gained that 7.6 lbs last week from TOM and Water weight.

I told my boyfriend that I am living on Love! Seriously, I think it's the new vegetarian lifestyle I've adopted.

Tofu!!!

I now can see how I get so depressed. My weight fluctuates so much! I hope it stays down! I am 10 lbs from 100! AND I have 3 days til my 6 month Bandiversary! AND tomorrow is my Birthday! I'll be 45! Only 5 years til I'm 50!

I just lost my high! I'm sad now! 5 years!!!

Someone tell me to stop!:tt2:

Okay, I'm outta here!

Dee,

You know I adore you.

But I must say that you are even more fabulous when you are in love!

Your beau suits you so well!

I love this joyful Dee!

Happy, happy birthday, dear.

You are NOT OLD!! I've got 2 years and 10 months on you, and I'm not old so you can't be either!

Plus like Deb said 50 is the new 30!

AND, sex in your 40's just gets better and better with every year!!!!

Any of the Denver area group feel like getting together for coffee or lunch Sunday 7/27??? Let me know, would love to chat.