Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Adorkable, that is FANTASTIC!!!! Do you realize that you are 1/3 of the way DONE???? Congratulations. You should be very proud of yourself.

Thanks! Actually I did realize that when I updated my ticker. I was like, wow. If I could be at goal this time next year I would be ESTATIC!! :thumbup: :blink: I am realistic though and realize it will slow down the closer I get to goal.

I am sorry your new potential furry friend didn't work out :w00t: Hopefully you will find a good playmate for Keeley.

Happy 6 Month Bandiversary Dorkable!

YOU have really done so well with your band! Congrats on your 4 pound loss this morning!

:party:I'm the one in the middle, red outfit, holding the balloon!

Awww thanks Dee. :wub: Love your red dress.... although the teal hat may have been a bad decision. Bwahahahaa.

Thanks for the update on Bella. It is so wonderful how you are there for all of Dr K's patients. He should hire you on as a patient liasion! :w00t:

Adork-that is a GREAT idea! Dee should be the patient liason for out of town patients!! How cool!! Congrats on your four pound loss!!

Dee-that was as always, so nice of you to look after Bellas daughter. I went to Target yesterday too! Get anything good? I love, love, love Target!

Mini-I am sorry the fur baby didn't work out. You will find one when you least expect it that will be the perfect fit. I found my dog Reilly running down the street in the middle of the night. We found his owner who didn't want him any longer, and he came to live with us. Now he is Brutus the Mastiffs very best friend in the world, so I believe I found him for a reason. You never know when this might happen to you! Maybe there is some doggy out there running around that is destined to be Keely's pal!

Ok folks, so as you know I went to my PCP the other day. He did a lipid panel on me, because in September my triglycerides were high and my HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol) was low. They called me last night to tell me my triglycerides were completely within normal range, and while my HDL is still a little low, it is much better! Woo hoo!!

Thanks! Actually I did realize that when I updated my ticker. I was like, wow. If I could be at goal this time next year I would be ESTATIC!! :thumbup: :blink: I am realistic though and realize it will slow down the closer I get to goal.

I am sorry your new potential furry friend didn't work out :w00t: Hopefully you will find a good playmate for Keeley.

Awww thanks Dee. :wub: Love your red dress.... although the teal hat may have been a bad decision. Bwahahahaa.

Thanks for the update on Bella. It is so wonderful how you are there for all of Dr K's patients. He should hire you on as a patient liasion! :w00t:

Hey! If you think the Teal Hat was tacky, you should have seen my yellow shoes and purple purse!

I taste good, I do not have good taste!

HA!

Hey what happened to your blue tongue Avatar? I loved that Avatar!

It always made me laugh!

love,

dee~

Adork-that is a GREAT idea! Dee should be the patient liason for out of town patients!! How cool!! Congrats on your four pound loss!!

Dee-that was as always, so nice of you to look after Bellas daughter. I went to Target yesterday too! Get anything good? I love, love, love Target!

Mini-I am sorry the fur baby didn't work out. You will find one when you least expect it that will be the perfect fit. I found my dog Reilly running down the street in the middle of the night. We found his owner who didn't want him any longer, and he came to live with us. Now he is Brutus the Mastiffs very best friend in the world, so I believe I found him for a reason. You never know when this might happen to you! Maybe there is some doggy out there running around that is destined to be Keely's pal!

Ok folks, so as you know I went to my PCP the other day. He did a lipid panel on me, because in September my triglycerides were high and my HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol) was low. They called me last night to tell me my triglycerides were completely within normal range, and while my HDL is still a little low, it is much better! Woo hoo!!

Actually, Kasie and I went to Target twice! My daughter loves Target too, esp. Super Target!

I tried to remember we were there for Kasie to pick up her stuff, but of course, I always find stuff that I want! I got some Burt's Bee's chapstick! Yum! When I got home, my daughter said, "You went to Super Target without me?" I said, "Twice!" Nothing like a sympathetic Mom!

I thought of you yesterday when I was back there in recovery. My friend Marty asks about you all of the time! She dropped in to see Bella too and I told her that your doctor wants you to lose 30 more pounds! She was so happy for you! She's doing great! The nurses are already getting used to me there in the Surgicenter! They served a free lunch at the hospital for associates and families and Kasie was my daughter for the afternoon! It was fun. There weren't many tables vacant outside so when we found one, we invited this little elderly man to join us. He was so cute! It was just one big happy pretend family. Mom, grandpa and daughter!

I know, I'm sick! I probably need some meds or something!!

Love you!

dee~

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week - 7th week - 8th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6-7.0-1.0+0.0+4.2-6.6-5.0+7.6:tongue_smilie:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+2.0-2.0rolleyes.gif

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0rolleyes.gif

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0-4.0+1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0:tt1:

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8-2.0-1.4+1.0+0.0-1.2-0.8:tongue_smilie:

LA = 23lbs+1.0-1.0-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0-1.0-4.0:tongue_smilie:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0+1.5-0.5-1.0+3.0-4.5:rolleyes:

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0-5.4-1.7+0.0-3.0-3.0:tt1:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5-3.0-1.0-2.0+3.0+0.0:tongue_smilie:

Amieru = 20lbs-2-5.0+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0+0.0-3.0:tongue_smilie:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5+1.5-3.0-3.0+2.0-1.0rolleyes.gif

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0-1.5-2.0+1.0-4.0-1.5-2.0rolleyes.gif

John T = 15lbs-2.0+0.0+0.0-3.0-2.0-1.0-1.0:rolleyes:

bahotmamma = 20lbs-1.5-1.0-2.0-4.0-2.0-1.0rolleyes.gif

Munchkin=--------------------0.0+0.0-3.0-1.0rolleyes.gif

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs

Week Four Losses 18.9lbs

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbs

Week Six Losses 20.1 :thumbup:

Week Seven Losses rolleyes.gif

Week Eight Losses :wub:

Only 2 weeks left!!!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Well since it has been six months... thought I would share a progress photo. I still have a hard time seeing the difference, but I know it by my clothes!! :thumbdown:

DSC01656.jpg?t=1216397951DSC00606-1.jpg?t=1216397114DSC02005.jpg?t=1216398869

DSC00689.jpg?t=1216398763

Edited by adorKable

Adork-

WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look fantastic sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbdown::thumbup::rolleyes:

I miss your blue tonge avatar too, I was going to ask you where it went also! It always made me giggle too! (Dee, sometimes I think we are too much alike!)

Dee-That is very cool about the lunch and the cute little old man. I don't think you're wierd, I have little old people I want to take home with me all the time because they are smart, witty, and full of stories!!

lol... ok ladies... the blue tongue is back.:eek:

for now. :rolleyes:

:thumbdown: Thanks Munchkin... looking at the pictures I finally can see a little bit of difference. Still a work in progress!

Honey!!!

You are looking great!

I see a huge difference! You have a jaw line!

I can't wait to have a jaw line!

AND I am a happy girl now! The blue tongue has returned!

:thumbdown:

Adork-

WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look fantastic sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbdown::thumbup::rolleyes:

I miss your blue tonge avatar too, I was going to ask you where it went also! It always made me giggle too! (Dee, sometimes I think we are too much alike!)

Dee-That is very cool about the lunch and the cute little old man. I don't think you're wierd, I have little old people I want to take home with me all the time because they are smart, witty, and full of stories!!

I just love old people like that! Cute as a button, funny as all get out and just full of great stories! I hope to be one of those guys one day! OH, I mean girls!

Yikes! That was a scary thought!

We are very much alike! AND I love it!

Hey, I had some NSV's this week! Things only women would appreciate! Can't share here, cuz we are on a G rated forum, but I think you all can figure them out if you wanna!

Hugs Twinie!

dee

Hi everyone,

Well I am finally one of you. I can't wait to get home and be with my family, BUT I feel I made some really good friends here. Dee has been my angel. Without her, I would have been lost. I only hope I can repay her somehow. Lifesaver is exactly that. She has called the airlines to check on my non-stop flight and has found a jet going home with 30 empty seats....yeah! I will go to the airport early and get on standby. She is also going this evening to the airport to try and confirm our seats....what a friend.

I am feeling ok. My chest hurts when I cough. Is that normal? The worst part of the surgery is when I woke up, I had alot of heartburn coming up on me. I think that is why I still feel the burning when I cough.

Well I think I will go rest now. Thanks everyone. Adorkable, you look great, I can really, really tell!!!!! You are being to hard on yourself.

Thanks again ladies... :thumbdown:

The more I look the more I see the difference. The last photo was obviously taken at a flattering angle, but I do have my chin back... just the one! Yeah.

Bella... so glad you have made such good friends. I hope the flight works out for you. I am sure the chest pain is related to the irritation from your throat??? My throat was sore sore sore for the first few days. If it feels like pain pain, put a call into Dr K to discuss it while you are still in town.

((hugs)) and welcome to the other side girlie!

ACKKK!

Just got a call from my PCP with the results of my HIDA scan. My gallbladder is not functioning. :thumbdown: It has to come out.

I am relieved to have finally have an answer for the source of my pain. Bummed that I have to have another operation. :rolleyes:

ShelbieCallie -- thanks! Yay, it's always nice to know someone is reading my blog. I would love for anyone here to read it anytime. AdorKable and Dee have awesome blogs too. AdorKable, I am so sorry you need your gall bladder out but at least you have the source of the pain and you have found a great doc it sounds like. And dahhling, you look mahhvelous!

I need to read back & catch up on everything as usual. I am so happy and excited for GBear. We have all been there and remember the feelings of the first few weeks...for me, not all good, but I made it and so will you. That goes for all of you newbies on the Losers' Bench! Welcome!

Today I had fill #4. It is so silly, I feel the need to justify needing a fill to the doc although I know that I have been on the right track lately. I said, "I haven't lost anything in 3 weeks" and his immediate response was, "You need a fill!" It was routine as usual. I am so lucky to have found him; we were talking about docs taking patients banded elsewhere and he said that he had no issue with it as people move and such. But he did say he would not want to see anyone banded out of the country due to liability. I can see that. Good thing I went with Dr. K! I told him how much some other docs in the area wanted for a fill and he was surprised. I kid you not, one person's office manager said $2800 for one fill.

He did suggest I see their dietician for a check-up and I am considering that. Couldn't hurt. I just need to see how much it costs as my dumb insurance won't pay a dime for it.

I can already feel the restriction...just 0.3 cc is enough. I'm at almost 5 cc in my 10 cc band.

OK, on to playing catch up with you crazy cats!

Edited by GreenChrysalis

'Dorkable!!!! OMG!!! You look absolutely amazing. What a difference. What great photos!!! And, yes, the jawline is amazing. I had to have a photo taken yesterday for something on campus and I looked at it and all I could see were chins, chins, chins.

Bella - welcome to the other side! How nice that you were able to have dee take care of you. Isn't she the absolute best?

dee - your lunch sounds great. How fun for all of you. And how fun to hit Target twice in one day. I always need to take "inventory" when I go in there . . . you know, look at every single thing on every aisle. Drives DH nuts.

Miss Munchkin - we met another potential furry friend today! A cute cute cute little girl who had been brought in to a shelter after being abused and is now at a rescue facility. She looks like she has some schnauzer in her and has an adorable scruffy face with long, funny eyebrows. She is sweet as could be and very gentle. We are taking Keeley to meet her on Tuesday and we'll see how they get along. She just stole my heart. She just has that demeanor that says "if you'll just love me I'll do anything for you".

Lotza posted on another thread that she had a rough flight home and is not feeling so well. Something about that flight from Denver to Salt Lake is not good. I think it's coming over the cold mountains then dropping into the heat of the valley that makes it so darned bumpy.