Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Adorkable: go to the Nexium website and sign up for the purple pill plus program. You will get a card in the mail and then have your doctor write you a new prescription. You co-pay with insurance will only be $5.00 per month!!!!!!

Dee, I'm down 2 lbs this week.

Brandy, how's the FIL?

Mal, I haven't started the couch to 5K, but I think it sounds great. Do you have a 5k planned?

I'm outta here for the weekend. Hope you girls enjoy yourselves and everyone kicks butt for the weigh in.

Hi FW,

I've never thought of that before, but thinking about it now...seems to me if a band is completely filled then no fluids could pass through the stomach, so a person couldn't physically tolerate that level of fill. I don't know that a band can be completely filled.

BTW, will you be using a local fill doctor or will you be going back to Dr. k for fills? I pay $175 for local fills, because it's less costly for me than the CO trip. I lucked into a good after care doctor through Fill Center USA, but I know that's a rare find after reading about other after care experiences. It can take several adjustments to get to/maintain restriction -- I'm getting ready to have my 4th fill.

Lifesaver -- Have a great weekend! The Incline sounds like a blast (I think you mentioned that a few pages back???)

Happy birthday to me (and woofay), Happy birthday to me (and woofay), Happy birthday dear me (and woofay)....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!!

SERIOUSLY, my best gift has been the band!!! 70 pounds gone forever and ever!!!

Dee...I missed you too...sweet gal!!

Have a great RELAXING weekend.

No change in my weight...la di da!!! Who would have thought??? It is getting old though!

Thank you Lifesaver & Prty for the info on your after-surgery belly bump. I'm going to just relax and let it resolve itself over time.

I just found out I won't be at the bar bq :). My brother and SIL are out of town that weekend so I don't have a place to stay. The cost of the airfare has tripled now since my surgery in May so a hotel on top of that ticket is out of the question. Jet fuel cost is the reason I'm sure. I had a fill scheduled Friday with Dr K but now I'll need to cancel that too. I really need one but it will have to wait. I'm looking for a closer fill doctor but haven't been successful finding one that charges less than the plane ticket to Denver.

I am down a pound this week. I'll take it even though it isn't much. I upped my exercise this week and I think that helped.

Brandy - hang in there. With that unfill you had, the stress you are under, and being so close to goal it is probably hard to continue to lose. But you didn't gain - that is great!

Dee...I missed you too...sweet gal!!

Have a great RELAXING weekend.

No change in my weight...la di da!!! Who would have thought??? It is getting old though!

Brandy!

I've been praying for your FIL! I hope things continue to go well.

Honey, you have had a lot on your plate lately -- AND absolutely no pun intended -- with your slight unfil and your FIL, there is nothing to be upset about.

If you want to do a Mini-challenge (no pun intended again! sorry Mini!) with the NO white carbs, I am doing that on my own right now. I'm finding it totally doeable, as long as the evil Cold Stone Creamery ice cream doesn't enter my freezer! (my DD works at Cold Stone and she often brings home tiniest of containers for us to share)

Just let me know! It's been fun doing the Oats/NO Red/Moving our Hot Body challenge with Shelbi!

Anyway I can help you, let me know! You're my inspiration, Girlie!

Love,

dee~

Happy birthday to me (and woofay), Happy birthday to me (and woofay), Happy birthday dear me (and woofay)....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!!

SERIOUSLY, my best gift has been the band!!! 70 pounds gone forever and ever!!!

Happy Birthday to you, Brandy-Girl!

Happy Birthday to Woofay aka Anita-Squirrel!

AND Happy Saturday to everyone!!!

Hey my birthday is in 15 days -- then 2 days later is my Bandiversary for 6 months!

I'm up 3 pounds! I'm scheduling a fill, since it's been 3 months and I am sliding back to pre-band habits. I am eating healthy meals, just too much and I'm hungry again in no time. Last night, I sauteed chicken breasts with onions/peppers and a black bean/corn/salsa relish and I ate way too much and was ready for more food within an hour -- so I ate ice cream!?? I know better, so what's the deal. I am making a fill appointment ASAP. I've come too far and need to get back in control!

Congrats to the losers this week! And may we all be in that category next week.

Shelbi, I'm sorry about your gain! I hope you can get that fill soon! I wish I were rich! Rich! Rich! Rich! I'd pay for Sidann to stay in a nice hotel or better than that, I'd have a lovely home with an extra bedroom and she could stay with me! I'd pay for you to get your fills on time HERE in Aurora with our Sweet Dr. K! I'd pay for FW to get Medical Insurance so she wouldn't have to have that worry! I'd pay for Munchkin to be able to come with her supervisor to be with her when she gets banded!! I'd do it all!

Ahhh, yes Shelbi, a girl can dream!

I have a tiny unsolicited idea about something you could try while you're waiting for your fill. I know I did this because I know myself all too well. I returned to my pre-op diet... except I allowed myself fruit. I measured my meals to 1 cup and if I was hungry in an hour, I allowed myself another 1/2 cup of the same food. I bought all kinds of fresh veggies and washed them. I had them cut and ready in the fridge along with fresh fruit for Snacks. I knew I could do this until I was able to get in for a fill.

For me the delay was my schedule with work.

It's just an idea! You can tell me to take my ideas and hit the highway!

and my Dear, I will.

I love you Girl! I know you might be eating larger portions, but sticking with the Oats/NO Red/Moving our Hot Bodies will help too! Right?

Big Hug, dee~

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
Thought of more ways to spend my riches!

A question for you ladies, what happens when the band is completely full? After that restriction is gone, what can you do?

FW - last year when I was doing research I found that the bands can actually hold more than they say (ie. my 4cc band will hold about 5 cc). It is true that once it's completely filled then you're completely plugged up. Also, I have found that, generally, most people don't need to have their bands more than about 3/4 filled. Now, as usual, I'm an exception where I have 3.2 cc in my 4 cc band and NEED an adjustment. It depends on what kind of band you have, but I have NEVER heard of anyone getting all filled and still eating too much! Now, CRAP goes down awful easy :laugh: so be ready for that...for instance, I (again, an anomoly) can drink soda, each popcorn, oh and candy, well that's easy too...it's meat that's difficult for me and I guess if I ate more of that then I'd lose more, but that is a whole 'nother food issue! I'm a slow and steady loser and I'm good with that!:thumbup:

Tied - You're not going to believe this...I'm actually DOWN this week! :lol: No, really! Haha! I don't know where I was last week, but I have a total loss of 6.5 lbs. so far..not much, but when I didn't lose one single lb. this winter, this is a BIG deal! Thanks for doing all this, it really is helping me!

Well, we had 3 days of HOT here (80 + degrees :)...I know, ALASKA?) And now summer is apparently over...it has been a miserably rainy, windy, and foggy summer here and the rain just keeps a comin'! :lol: My husband had to go out today and collect wood for the wood stove (Home heating fuel is $6+/gal right now and winter's going to be BAD) and it's raining HARD...poor guy. I'm just going to stay home and clean carpets - fun, fun!:drool:

Dee, you are such a sweet person. If I were rich, I would help you guys out too!

Shelbi: I am using the 2nd surgeon I met with on my journey. He is in Pittsburgh (UPMC) and will do my fills for me. However, he is the cheapest around my area. He charges $240.00. I don't know if I could find an airline ticket cheaper than that, plus the aggravations of flying. There was one place that charges $400.....WOW!! If you go in every few months, that can be expensive.

Does the size of the band dictate the number of fills? Would I be able to tell Dr. K to put a smaller band in so that I didn't have to get so many fills? I am still not sure how he determines what size to use.

Dee, you are such a sweet person. If I were rich, I would help you guys out too!

Shelbi: I am using the 2nd surgeon I met with on my journey. He is in Pittsburgh (UPMC) and will do my fills for me. However, he is the cheapest around my area. He charges $240.00. I don't know if I could find an airline ticket cheaper than that, plus the aggravations of flying. There was one place that charges $400.....WOW!! If you go in every few months, that can be expensive.

Does the size of the band dictate the number of fills? Would I be able to tell Dr. K to put a smaller band in so that I didn't have to get so many fills? I am still not sure how he determines what size to use.

FW,

I know that Dr. K can explain it much better, but he will choose which band will fit you best once he gets your surgery started and sees your stomach. The best way to live well with your lap band is to not have it too tight. If you have it too tight, you can easily have problems with frequent vomiting, which in turn could cause a slip or an erosion. Healthy banding life is not meant to be a band so tight that you cannot eat healthy balanced meals. Keeping your band at an adequate restriction is best. Remember it's a journey and it does take some time to reach our destination.

I'm sure he would be happy to explain it to you.

Dee, You are simply the best! Thanks for your kind words. I needed them this morning more than you'll ever know. This hasn't been the best week for me on many levels -- you always make me feel better just at the right moment. We WILL meet someday for sure; maybe Dr. K will make his BBQ an annual event! Wouldn't that be awesome?? Maybe ticket prices will in the doable range for me next year. A girl can always dream, right?? Have a great weekend and get some rest, super star!

My friend Shelbi, I am sending a huge HUG your way!!!