Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

MUNCHKIN~

I feel you on wanting to feel NORMAL. I work midnights also and it can be a real killer sometimes. From reading what you wrote, it seems like you want to stay where you are. The pay is better, you like your supervisors etc. $400 a month is a good chunk of change, so I would really sit down with your budget and make sure it is an option.

I have worked midnights for about 6 years. I had about 8 months last year that I was on days and I LOVED it. I felt sooo normal. But I HATED waking up early. Now that I am back on mids I am happy enough. I still sometimes wish for more normal hours, specially when others are planning stuff and I can't make it because of my hours.

Hard call girly. good luck with your decision!

BRANDY~

I am so sorry I missed the post about your FIL. How SCAREY! So glad he is doing better. Wheew. I hope he continues to heal quickly and is back to his healthy self.

Well ladies, I saw my new PCP today and I love love love him! He rocks. He went over so much of my medical history my head is spinning. I will make this short.

I DO have PCOS. (I do, I don't, I do... haha long story)

I DO NOT have a cyst on my kidney.

I got a referral for the HIDA scan.

If the gallbladder is still negative he wants to do an upper GI to rule out issues with my esophagus.

Oh and get this, HE and his wife have a Lap Band! So he totally UNDERSTANDS! When he found out I was going to Flagstaff for follow-up because no one would see me in Tucson, he picked up the phone right there and called up HIS surgeon. He gave them my info and gave me numbers to call so I can do follow up care HERE in Tucson. So I don't have to drive 4 hours up and 4 hours back for fills! Plus if I DO have a problem with my gallbladder, he said he would want a LapBand guy to take it out. Awesome.

I feel 100% better with the response I got today. I can tell he actually CARES and IS going to follow up with me. Only took me 31 years, but I found a Dr who seems to have his shit together.

I will let y'all know how the HIDA scan goes. I am scheduling it tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and today was my weigh in... I am down ONE pound.

So I am back where I was 2 weeks ago. *sigh* Ah well. :lol: I am not making my goal for the challenge, but I am still heading in the right direction. Only 17 pounds to go till I hit twoterville. :confused:

Adork,Sidann,FW, and Mini,

Thanks for your two cents regarding my employment dilemma.

I have decided to stay put, mainly because I like my routine, hate change, and like the money! What can I say, I am greedy! (Hey, I have to pay for new clothes and these doggies are expensive!):lol:

But thanks for everyones input, it reinforced in my mind what I was already leaning towards.

Adork-I am so glad about your new PCP, he sounds awesome! I am glad he ordered the HIDA scan, and even more glad he gets the whole lapband thing! That rocks! Hold onto him, as I am sure you already know, a good PCP is hard to come by! (Sad but true...) Let us know what the HIDA scan shows, ok?

Have a wonderful Friday my friends! And you are my friends in every sense of the word...when I started having this dilemma with my job, I wanted your opinions more than anyone elses, because you are such a bunch of wise, educated, funny, and truthful women. I am thankful to have met all of you!

I know my progress has been slow, but it's still progress and I didn't gain all this weight overnight! I'm down 50 lbs. that I know I won't gain it back! That, in itself, is just a wonderful feeling!

Thanks for your support!

post-219385-13813137300128_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813137300294_thumb.jpg

MARCY~~ You look WONDERFUL! I can totally see the difference. Slow and steady wins the race. I know it must be hard to see others drop quicker, but everyone is different. Way to go, keep up the good work!!! =) =)

Adok~Fabulous news about the new PCP! I am in the process of finding a new one, I hope I can find a good one too!

Munchkin~When I was logging on to LBT, I was thinking about you. You sound confident in your choice, so it IS the right choice!

Marcy~WOW! You look GREAT! I love your hair too

Dork, that is fantastic news about your PCP. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. And how wonderful that you'll be able to have fills in Tuscon.

Marcy, you look fabulous! Huge difference. 50 lbs is a bunch of weight and it is gone gone gone.

Good morning, Mal. How is Buster today? We are thinking of getting another doggie so our Keeley has a friend. I'll keep you guys updated.

Well, off to our property. YAY!

I want to do LOW carb to budge my weight...anyone else do this consistently. Does it REALLY speed the weight loss?

Munchkin: Glad u decided on nights. I agree with what everyone else said, particularly liking people with whom you work..sooo important. Now the extra $ can pay for those extra sitters!!

Brandy: Hope the heartbeat issue is a small one. fingers crossed here.

Marcy: Wow, girl! You look terrific! What a difference...look younger!

Mini: what breeds are you considering?

Adork: Congrats on hooking up with new doc (not hooking up in contemporary meaning, of course:tongue2:) Having that kind of confidence in a dr. can make such a huge difference. My dr, whom I loved, retired in April and I still haven't made the move to find a new one; I hate the thought of it.

Not much happening here on the West Coast except great convertible weather: hot and dry.:lol::sleep::confused:

Marcy -- You look fabulous. That is awesome and you are so right 50 pounds that you'll never see again.

Brandy -- Sorry I missed you yesterday, if I had known maybe we could have done lunch or something. I was thinking of you when I was on my way there wondering if maybe you were visiting you fil. I go again in 4 weeks, what about you? I hope your fil gets his heartbeat under control, keep us updated.

Munchkin -- Glad you made up your mind, I know that was a hard decision to make.

Mini -- Have fun this weekend.

Dee -- I am down another 1 pound. Also, hubby moved up the date for our vacation and we are now leaving on Wed, so I won't make it to RR and I am so bummed. Have fun without me. :redface:

Hope everyone has a great weekend, we are going to pick our little one up from camp tomorrow. Than going shopping, need some new shorts and my mil is in town so she is buying.:thumbup:

MARCY! Wow! You've done a great job and you look beautiful!

LA -- Your new PCP sounds wonderful -- you are so lucky to have found him -- a lap-banded doc who cares and has his shit together -- a rare bird, indeed! I am so glad things are looking up for you, my fellow PCOSer!

Munchk-- Glad you've decided to stay put! I miss working nights/weekends-- had a blast and the $ is so good. But I stopped being able to flip my sleep schedule successfully and needed to be home for my boys -- my body/mind couldn't do it anymore. But I loved it when I was there.

Brandy -- Thinking of you and FIL. Sometimes it takes many medication adjustments to get the rythmn (sp?) regulated. Keep us posted.

Denise -- I'm jealous! I would LOVE to see those bands, especially HEART! Didn't Ann Wilson have her lap band removed??

FW -- I feel you on the lap band vs. RNY decision. I even had an insurance benefit for RNY which made it a harder decision. In the end, for my research, I just couldn't accept the increased mortality risk, future osteoporosis, Vitamin deficiencies, etc to lose weight faster. For me, WLS was about learning/practicing healthier habits and not so much about rapid loss. I feel bad for the lady with the bypass eating candy at your store -- she's putting her trust in the malabsorption and not making healthy food choices, but eventually that becomes unreliable and since there's nothing to adjust, well, she's heading back to where she started. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Mini -- Enjoy your weekend in that fab tent house!

Sidann-- Congrats on quitting your BP meds and your normal blood sugars! I'm with you -- I only wish that I had done this sooner. I feel like things would have been better for both me and my kids if I had gotten healthier 10 years ago.

Woofay! Belated happy birthday! Welcome to the 40's, baby!!!

Deb-- Convertible weather --- i'm jealous -- nothing but thunderstorms here lately.

Taynuh-- How are you? I don't type fast enough to do chat rooms!

Mal-- Howdy! How are you and Buster Boy this week?

Dee - Check on the oats and no red; no check on the exercise yesterday (boo hiss). I'll spare you the excuses! Today's good, though! Hugs back to you, sweetie.

FW, GBear & Lotza -- It's your week, ladies! Jilly -- you're up soon.

GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green -- You are doing so great with your progress!! I loved your blog post "Resolved" -- I'm with you on the cranky feelings lately and I'm noticing the same thing as far as exercise being the nyah, nyah to temptation. Never thought I'd think of exercise that way, did you?

Happy Weekend Everyone! I hope we hear from Lap and baby Clara soon!

I'm not familiar with the book Dr. K. recommended but the EMMI educational program was OK. I didn't get an access code until 3 weeks after my surgery which is strange because it is intended for before during and after. You might email Natalie and ask her about it.

Now a question for you banditos. If you haven't been banded yet or were recently banded (Mini) don't let this question alarm you but here goes. I have had a bump about the size of my fist over my port since my surgery. I thought it was just swelling and it would resolve in a while. Today is week 8 since my surgery and it is more noticeable since I have lost some weight. It doesn't hurt and isn't tender but it is obvious to others besides me. My daughter said she could see it when I wear certain knit shirts that touch my stomach. When I press on it I can feel my port. Any thoughts from the experts here?

I have said this before but I truly would never have felt this good about my band without all of you. Someone has ALWAYS been here to help or encourage and it is unbelievable the difference it has made to me. I refer to things you have recommended or things you have said here and forget that my friends here in town don't have a clue who you guys are. But it is great!

I still have something similar. I spoke to Tom about it the last time I was in for a fill and he said it is scar tissue and will resolve itself eventually. Not sure if its the same thing you have going on but maybe a possible explanation.

Marcy, you look awesome girl! What a transformation so far!

Denise, I'm bummed you are not coming to RR. I guess we need to do lunch again soon. I need to get those clothes back to you. Funny thing is that I've grown out of some that you have given me already. Let me know when you want to hook up. I'm glad you had a good fill appt with Tom. I just love him and feel like he is really thorough.

Brandy, how is your FIL? How are you doing?

Who is coming to RR next week? Looking forward to meeting those of you that I haven't yet.

Mini, some of the Soups and stuff that you are having make me want to go back to a liquid diet sometimes. Man that stuff sounds yummy.

I'm almost to the -50lbs mark....which is equivalent to a "Small Bail of Hay". Mal, that list was hysterical. It certainly puts some things in perspective. Bails of hay are huge!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone. I'm going to Colorado Springs to hike "the Incline". Has anyone ever heard of it? It's like Mother Natures Stair Master From Hell!!!! Sunday I'm going to watch the US Womens Soccer Team game at Dicks Sporting Goods Park.

Rene'