Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Good Morning Mini Girlie Poo!

How's our newest Bandito doing?

Doesn't the Loser's Bench have a nice comfy feel to it!?

Good Morning Mini Girlie Poo!

How's our newest Bandito doing?

Doesn't the Loser's Bench have a nice comfy feel to it!?

I'm doing ggggggrrrrrreat!! I taught two sessions of 8th grade science camp last night and it wore me out a bit more than I had anticipated . . .I guess I need to remember that I just had surgery! I've lost all the surgery weight plus a couple pounds more and am not even really minding the full liquid phase. Right now I'm sipping a chocolate and banana Protein Shake. Yesterday I made myself a salmon bisque Soup that was loverly.

The Loser's Bench is a wonderful place to hang. And Shelbi hasn't poked me in the side ONCE!!!

I'm doing ggggggrrrrrreat!! I taught two sessions of 8th grade science camp last night and it wore me out a bit more than I had anticipated . . .I guess I need to remember that I just had surgery! I've lost all the surgery weight plus a couple pounds more and am not even really minding the full liquid phase. Right now I'm sipping a chocolate and banana Protein Shake. Yesterday I made myself a salmon bisque Soup that was loverly.

The Loser's Bench is a wonderful place to hang. And Shelbi hasn't poked me in the side ONCE!!!

Well, I saw your ticker moving in the right direction!

You know Shelbi was punished severly last time she was so naughty on the bench. She spent a long time on the naughty chair thinking about her bad behavior.

Well, I saw your ticker moving in the right direction!

You know Shelbi was punished severly last time she was so naughty on the bench. She spent a long time on the naughty chair thinking about her bad behavior.

Sometimes that's what you have to do with those "difficult" kids. Shelbi, Shelbi, Shelbi.

Shelbi: Don't freak...in your head you know it is a psychological thing...you will get through it...breathe.....you will do great:wink2:

gw and jill: i don't start my preop diet for a while yet, but i know the panicky feelings you are talking about! You are afraid that any little mistake will screw up the whole surgery thing...you won't lose enough...etc., right? Relax and have that big ol' omelet or steak or cauliflower with cheese sauce....oops..making myself hungry:sad:

Mini: i am a computer illiterate (witness: no ticker yet..can't figure it out), so I don't know how to put pix on computer!! Remember, I was an English teacher who still believes in the power of the PEN not the keyboard, so I don't know any little computer tricks....ahhh....my students used to laugh at me:redface:

Isopure? Is that a Protein Drink?

JillyPoo: I am having my surgery on the 17th. I am getting very excited. I can't believe it is almost here. I had canceled twice because of financial reasons and Dr. K almost would not let me back. However, I promised I would not cancel and I paid a deposit. I have been on this journey for almost a year, jumping from one program to another and now it's here. I would love to be band buddies. We can do this together! Do you live in Denver?

Has anyone bought the book that is recommended by Dr. K's office? Was just wondering if it was worth buying.

Sunshine: have you searched the internet for low-carb recipes? I found a Soup called "Protein Power Soup". I will try to make it today and let you guys know if it is good. I am a recipe freak. I have so many cookbooks, but since I lost my husband, we don't sit down to dinner much anymore. My older girls are never home and don't like trying new stuff like I do.

I hope to see some of you at the Red Robin on the 16th!!!!

Lisa

Shelbi: Don't freak...in your head you know it is a psychological thing...you will get through it...breathe.....you will do great:wink2:

gw and jill: i don't start my preop diet for a while yet, but i know the panicky feelings you are talking about! You are afraid that any little mistake will screw up the whole surgery thing...you won't lose enough...etc., right? Relax and have that big ol' omelet or steak or cauliflower with cheese sauce....oops..making myself hungry:sad:

Mini: i am a computer illiterate (witness: no ticker yet..can't figure it out), so I don't know how to put pix on computer!! Remember, I was an English teacher who still believes in the power of the PEN not the keyboard, so I don't know any little computer tricks....ahhh....my students used to laugh at me:redface:

Isopure? Is that a Protein drink?

Hey Girl!

Isopure is a clear protein drink you can get at GNC. I drank it on my first day home from the hospital, poured it over crushed ice with a little cranjuice splenda in it. I only like a few of the flavors. Munchkin has an entire case! Some don't like them. I prefered them to the thick ones!

To get a ticker, go to Tickerfactory - build your ticker and then come back here and go to your edit signature option - copy and paste the actual ticker, not the code to the signature box. It should work! Good Luck!

Lap Band Summer Family BBQ :scared2:

Saturday Aug 2, 2008

Chatfield Reservoir 11am - 3pm

Heronry Overlook Picnic Area

RSVP by Friday July 25 to Natalie with # of guests (immediate family only) @ ncardenas@lapbandrockies.com

There is a $7.00 cost per vehicle for a park pass.:smile:

Hope to see all you Skinny Minnies there!

:party: Love, dee~:seeya:

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
I'm clearly stupid!

Dee~The Steel Oats I bought are called McCann's Quick and Easy. I bought it at Wal Mart. Did I get the right stuff? They had two, one was the regular kinda nd then they had this instant stuff. I had some for Breakfast again, with a little honey, sunflower seeds and a 1/2 banana. It was good and kept me full a lot longer than my usual protien shake.< /p>

Widow~what book? If it is the Lap Adust Gastric Banding by Jessie Ahroni, I have that one. It was okay. Most of the info I already knew, but it was good read. I also bought the the book by Dr. Ortiz, I liked that one better. I think I loaned that one out to some one at RR...

Dee~The Steel Oats I bought are called McCann's Quick and Easy. I bought it at Wal Mart. Did I get the right stuff? They had two, one was the regular kinda nd then they had this instant stuff. I had some for breakfast again, with a little honey, sunflower seeds and a 1/2 banana. It was good and kept me full a lot longer than my usual protien shake.

Widow~what book? If it is the Lap Adust Gastric Banding by Jessie Ahroni, I have that one. It was okay. Most of the info I already knew, but it was good read. I also bought the the book by Dr. Ortiz, I liked that one better. I think I loaned that one out to some one at RR...

Yes, you bought the right one. I eat the McCann's regular. I'll go to King Soopers and see if I can find it.

thanks!

I have WLS for Dummies. It has some lap band stuff in it. But Dr. K never recommended any specific book to me.

Yes, you bought the right one. I eat the McCann's regular. I'll go to King Soopers and see if I can find it.

thanks!

I have WLS for Dummies. It has some lap band stuff in it. But Dr. K never recommended any specific book to me.

I bought some of the instant a while back and it just didn't do it for me. It didn't have that nutty texture and taste that I love. But that's just me.

Isopure? Is that a Protein drink?

That's awesome. I admire English teachers who have all that patience to hand write comments on papers and such. I am awful. I have my students send everything electronically and then I include my comments electronically. I think I've forgotten how to use a pen.

Posting pics: When you go to the reply screen to type a response, you'll see a paper clip insignia in the tool bar. If you click it, it will give you the option to attach a file from your computer. So if you have pics on your computer, you can just browse for them and upload them and VOILA! there they are. That's as much as I know how to do, but it works for me.

Hey! On my lapband checklist from Dr. K. it recommended purchasing a book called "The Lap-Band Solution". Has anyone heard of it? It also said to watch EMMI educational program regarding surgery and the office would schedule me. An email would be sent to me with an access code to view????? I haven't received it yet.

Just curious!

I'm not familiar with the book Dr. K. recommended but the EMMI educational program was OK. I didn't get an access code until 3 weeks after my surgery which is strange because it is intended for before during and after. You might email Natalie and ask her about it.

Now a question for you banditos. If you haven't been banded yet or were recently banded (Mini) don't let this question alarm you but here goes. I have had a bump about the size of my fist over my port since my surgery. I thought it was just swelling and it would resolve in a while. Today is week 8 since my surgery and it is more noticeable since I have lost some weight. It doesn't hurt and isn't tender but it is obvious to others besides me. My daughter said she could see it when I wear certain knit shirts that touch my stomach. When I press on it I can feel my port. Any thoughts from the experts here?

I have said this before but I truly would never have felt this good about my band without all of you. Someone has ALWAYS been here to help or encourage and it is unbelievable the difference it has made to me. I refer to things you have recommended or things you have said here and forget that my friends here in town don't have a clue who you guys are. But it is great!

Edited by Sidann