Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

[ATTACH]14293[/ATTACH]

Brandy, Mal, Mini

This is awesome!!!

Down 2 pounds (one mid-wk, plus one today)!

Dee, I'm down 9.1 from the start of challenge?

No problems with the thread this morning. Maybe they've been working on the site?

I'm going for my yearly physical on 7/14. I would love to be down an even 90 pounds by that date, but that's only 9 days away and that's a stretch. But I'm going to do my best. I'm hoping my lab work results are good.

Happy Sunday, folks!

Edited by ShelbiCallie

I've seen only minor glitches in loading under topics on here.

My friends, one of the problems that happens with a huge thread ( like this one ) is posting to it can drag much in the form of graphics, and alllllll the stuff we have put into it. I think we may need to start moving onto the new thread.

So much in these volumes here.

Had my lapband on june 25th with dr k, he is the greatest. The day after surgery, i walked about half a mile and feel great. I have lost 7.5 lbs since surgery and 19.5 lbs since journey began. I would recommend him and his staff to anybody thinking about surgery. The crown point surgery center was unbelieveable. The staff are great and treat you like royalty.

Week 6 of BBQ Weight Loss Challenge~

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6lbs-7.0lbs-1.0lb+0.0+4.2lbs-6.6lbs:tt1:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+2.0lbs:tt1:

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7lbs+2.0-1.0-1.0biggrin.gif

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0lbs-4.0lbs+1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0:tt1: (just to even it out Anita! and bring you up to date)

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8lbs-2.0lbs-1.4lbs+1.0lbs+0.0:tt1:

LA = 23lbs+1.0lb-1.0lb-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0:tt1:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0lbs+1.5lbs-0.5-1.0+3.0lbs:tt1:

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0lbs-5.4lbs-1.7lbs+0.0-3.0-3.0:tt1:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5lbs-3.0lbs-1.0lbs-2.0:tt1:

Amieru = 20lbs-2lbs-5.0lbs+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0:tt1:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5lbs+1.5lbs-3.0lbs-3.0lbsbiggrin.gif

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0lb-1.5lbs-2.0+1.0-4.0biggrin.gif

John T = 15lbs-2.0lbs+0.0lbs+0.0-3.0-2.0biggrin.gif

bahotmamma = 20 lbs -1.5lbs-1.0lbs-2.0-4.0-2.0:tt1:

Munchkin=---------------------------0.0+0.0-3.0:tt1:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs :thumbup:

Week Four Losses 18.9lbs :tt2:

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbs biggrin.gif

Week Six Losses :mellow:

Edited by Tied2BFit
just to update our totals!

Down 2 pounds (one mid-wk, plus one today)!

Dee, I'm down 9.1 from the start of challenge?

No problems with the thread this morning. Maybe they've been working on the site?

I'm going for my yearly physical on 7/14. I would love to be down an even 90 pounds by that date, but that's only 9 days away and that's a stretch. But I'm going to do my best. I'm hoping my lab work results are good.

Happy Sunday, folks!

Congrats on your loss! I have you down for 9.1 lbs total too! I am down 6.6 lbs this week! It's the Water weight! I am thrilled!

In figuring out my weight loss for the challenge, I realized that I am down 14.6lbs since it started. But the way I figure it weekly, it doesn't appear that way. I know what I weighed on the 24th of May -- that was the start of challenge and I know what I weigh today and it's 14.6lbs less. I guess, what I was doing wrong was -- I keep that starting weight in my head and I wouldn't count a loss -- if I had gained and then lost only what I gained... I only counted a loss if I actually was able to move my ticker. Meaning did I actually decrease that first weigh in amount.

Is anyone else doing it that way? What's up with my thinking?

I'm such a goof!

Hi everybody. I'm not quite caught up on reading due to the weird things on the board. I'm home now . . . but it wasn't a good trip.

I woke up yesterday with a bit of a headache that just kept getting worse. When we were at the Denver airport I tried drinking a little bit of the Protein bullet with some juice and it made me feel a little nauseated, so I only had a few sips.

We got on the plane and the flight was really bumpy the entire way and my headache just got worse and worse. When we started our descent into SLC, I started retching. Didn't vomit anything up (cuz nothing in my tummy) but some pretty bad dry heaves.

This continued when we got home and I called Dr. K and he said it should be fine cuz the sutures are very strong right at the beginning. I tried to take another anti-nausea pill but it came right back up too. So, long story short, I ended up in the ER for most of the night getting IV fluids and meds. I'm home now and the headache is almost gone. I've kept down two cups of Water and a popsicle today, so that's good.

I don't know what the heck happened. I really don't think it had anything to do with being banded, but it was just a bad thing to have happen right after being banded. Crud.

Weigh-in didn't go so well...I'm UP 3 lbs. I'm not too upset about it, but I DO need a fill (which can't happen for a couple of months). I'll just have to try harder. I'm also extremely bloated this week (not TOM) and not sure what that's about...I think I need to fast for a day and then have some Fiber and really clean myself out. Here's to a new week and a new resolve!!

Hi everybody. I'm not quite caught up on reading due to the weird things on the board. I'm home now . . . but it wasn't a good trip.

So, long story short, I ended up in the ER for most of the night getting IV fluids and meds. I'm home now and the headache is almost gone. I've kept down two cups of Water and a popsicle today, so that's good.

I don't know what the heck happened. I really don't think it had anything to do with being banded, but it was just a bad thing to have happen right after being banded. Crud.

I'm so sorry that things went bad for you!!! good luck this week, If you need anything let me know and I could be there quick!!

Feel better!!

I woke up yesterday with a bit of a headache that just kept getting worse. When we were at the Denver airport I tried drinking a little bit of the Protein bullet with some juice and it made me feel a little nauseated, so I only had a few sips.

We got on the plane and the flight was really bumpy the entire way and my headache just got worse and worse. When we started our descent into SLC, I started retching. Didn't vomit anything up (cuz nothing in my tummy) but some pretty bad dry heaves.

This continued when we got home and I called Dr. K and he said it should be fine cuz the sutures are very strong right at the beginning. I tried to take another anti-nausea pill but it came right back up too. So, long story short, I ended up in the ER for most of the night getting IV fluids and meds. I'm home now and the headache is almost gone. I've kept down two cups of Water and a popsicle today, so that's good.

Mini!

My Dear!

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles! I bet poor hubby was beside himself! Do you think it was just something that happened because of all the activity, the surgery and having to travel? I hope you are on the mend now and remain feeling well!

A big hug for my Mini!

love,

dee~

Good Day, Girls!

Well, things with my TOM appear to be clearing up some, and the scale has shed those extra pounds I had on. Don't know if its Water weight, the fact I got a fill and feel so much better with restriction, or the combination of both. But Dee, you can put me down at my original weight when this challenge started. So no loss, no gain. But I'm okay with it. I think things will start moving for me again soon. I've given up ranch dressing for a while. I use far too much of it. Man that stuff is fattening! Trying a balsalmic vinigerette. Not my creamy fat filled ranch...but has a third of the calories. It's growing on me.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Mini's pre-surgery get together! I see someone shared a Protien Vial with her. Mini~ wait a week or so before doing those. They made me nausiated too. Sorry about your ride home. Man, that would be rough and painful. Also...those vials are good when half of it is mixed with about 8-10oz of Fluid. Water, diet cran juice, or something like that. And ice cold...(like a delicious Coors long neck...:scared2:oh oh! Sorry!) If they get warm they seem to smell/taste kinda skunky. (protein supplements suck!)

Dee~ did you see yourself in that picture??!!! OMG! What progress! You look fabulous!

Mal~ you too! I haven't seen you in forever and you look maaaahvelous!

And Brandy! What can I say? I think you look perfect!

Mini~ you looked excited! Its a crazy ride, but so worth it! Welcome to the adventure!

Tenn~ Welcome to the board! Come share your trip with us!

The complications with the board yesterday was site wide...not just our thread. I saw lots of people posting about it. It's working better for me today. How about you all?

Okay...enough blah blah blah from me today.

Have a great day!!!:tt2: