Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dee -- Early weigh in for me too, as we are going to a bbque today and I am going to drink all my calories + some. Very depressed today and not sure why, maybe because I was cleaning my office and came across a letter that my dad had given to my stepmonster to give to me. I have read it a millon times, but it hit really hard today. I forgot I had it til I found it too. Oh, back to the weigh in I am down another 2 lbs. So i'm off now to cook and make dip to take to the party. Have a great & safe 4th of July. Hubby is on firework patrol, so that means we will have great fireworks in Idaho on vacation. (He gets to confiscate the illegal ones).

I'm confused, is this week 5 or 6 of our pre bbq weight loss challenge? I will be out of town until Sunday so I will weigh in on Monday morning.

Mal, what is a couch to 5k? Is it a specific training program or is it a specific race you are getting ready for? I would love to do more and maybe do it myself.

I'm also having issues with the website. Have all of you already reported it? Maybe it's time for us to start a new thread? Wonder if it has anything to do with size.....? Even though I have heard somewhere that size doesn't matter:-)

Welcome Newbies. I had surgery on January 9th and as of yesterday I am down 45lbs. Can't wait for the next 35 to come off and be at goal. Dr K and his PA Tom are great. You are making a great choice by going to him. Plus, you cant get a better deal anywhere. I can't wait until I am a size 10 like Denise and Brandy! Getting there...

I have been having mucho problems with this site since the other day after I couldn't get on the internet forever. I thought it was just my computer!

Miss Dee-put me down for a 3 pound loss since my fill Monday!! Yee ha, hello restriction!!

Mini-I hope you have a safe flight back.

Shelbi-Not only do I have to work, but I am getting floated to the other hospitals MICU! :thumbup: I hate floating! (I like my routine...I am a creature of habit...)

To all my other peeps, Happy 4th of July!!!!

Good morning peeps. My gas pain is almost gone. YAY! I feel pretty good today and am sooooo glad tht I decided not to go home yesterday. I think that extra day really helped.

I'm gonna try a few sips of nonclear liquids today and see how I do. So far no problem keeping my Clear Liquids down, so I hope that's a good sign. Must not vomit , must not must not.

Munchkin, I sent you a PM . . .

Mini- I didn't get your PM!!???

I'm confused, is this week 5 or 6 of our pre bbq weight loss challenge? I will be out of town until Sunday so I will weigh in on Monday morning.

Mal, what is a couch to 5k? Is it a specific training program or is it a specific race you are getting ready for? I would love to do more and maybe do it myself.

I'm also having issues with the website. Have all of you already reported it? Maybe it's time for us to start a new thread? Wonder if it has anything to do with size.....? Even though I have heard somewhere that size doesn't matter:-)

Welcome Newbies. I had surgery on January 9th and as of yesterday I am down 45lbs. Can't wait for the next 35 to come off and be at goal. Dr K and his PA Tom are great. You are making a great choice by going to him. Plus, you cant get a better deal anywhere. I can't wait until I am a size 10 like Denise and Brandy! Getting there...

Hi Life~Well the couch to 5k is a program that helps you start as a beginner runner and at the end of the 9 or ten week program (I can't remember), you should be able to run a 5k. Basically it starts you at running for 60 seconds, then brisk walking for like a couple minutes, it's all interval and the Podrunner has a sound alarm to let you know when to switch from walking to running and each week the times change...there is a thread here somewhere that explains it better that I. It is three times a week. There is a couch to 10k too. I think there are many similar programs. It would probably be good training for your marathon. I hope it helps me prepare for the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure on October, I would really like to run it this year!:thumbup:

I'm dropping in this beautiful siren of the sea to wish you all a tropical 4th of July.

5681.jpg

I started a new Dr. Kirshenbaum thread. We can try it and see if we are able to post there without the problems we're having now.

It's called - Dr. Kirshenbaum's Happy Bandsters~

I know it's corny, but I couldn't think of another title!

I hope everyone joins me there!

It's week 6, we were week 5 last week.

Have a great weekend away!

Isn't it great to be able to say that you've lost 45 lbs?

I am loving my band!

I even lost weight while I was in Las Vegas! Can you imagine that?

Hey, guys! Long time, no post. Sorry.

I've been exceptionally bitchy lately and decided to finally make a gyno appointment. I've told a few of you about my TOM being so messed up. Well, it is now messed up to unbelievable proportions. Eeek! Like, only a few days of not having my tom this June. And I've had pms for about 6 weeks, awful crappy cravings...chocolate, too much food...you name it. Even mustard. (I'm not a mustard fan, but was eating tablespoons of it!) Cramps, short temper, depression...sheeez! The Gyno has now put me on the pill to hopefully fix the imbalance. The pill sucks and I haven't been on it since I was 25! (the reason I got the tubal with my second son) But this is his first step before a hysto. So, I'm up to try it. So, sorry I was MIA...I was out yelling at my kids and kicking puppies. (JUST KIDDING!:thumbup:)

I went and had a fill yesterday. I've been able to eat too much and haven't really lost that much weight lately. (asside from the Water weight and all the stooopid cravings!) I was in and out fast. Thought I was going to meet Tom (is that his name?) but had our wonderful Dr. K instead. It was good to see him and touch base with everything. He was pleased with my progress (his scales showed another 15lb loss since I had the unfill) and the only lecture I got was the "You need to start exercising". WA? Who me???:thumbup: He said I needed to go to the BBQ. He was pretty cute about it, so I'm sure I'll be there. Talked to Natalie too. It was good to see her also. Who all is going to make it to the BBQ? Did you all get a note in the mail about it? I won't make my weight loss goal for the event, but with all this female stuff going on, I guess I'm just glad I haven't packed on the pounds.

Congrats on the band, Mini!

Also congrats to all the newbies....its so neat to see more and more people winning the battle with their bodies!

Dee~ I've had huge issues with this site too! Leaves to that silly new page they made, instead of the forums. EEk!:mellow:

Happy 4th of July, All!:biggrin2:

Listen Sister Anita!

I know how you're feeling! I saw my OB/GYN the other day and I begged her to help me with my PMs! Actually this last month, I did okay til I came back from Vegas but that was more a situational issue!

It's horrible to feel so depressed --that's what PMS does to me!

From now on, Sister, even if you're feeling crouchy! I do not want you to think you should not come here! We missed you! I missed you!!! AND if you need to vent to us, we are here for you!

Okay?

Love you Sister,

dee~

I'm dropping in this beautiful siren of the sea to wish you all a tropical 4th of July.

5681.jpg

I love this picture! I'm going to keep it, if you don't mind! I love pictures of lovely women! Thanks for sharing it for the 4th!

I have been having mucho problems with this site since the other day after I couldn't get on the internet forever. I thought it was just my computer!

Miss Dee-put me down for a 3 pound loss since my fill Monday!! Yee ha, hello restriction!!

Mini-I hope you have a safe flight back.

Shelbi-Not only do I have to work, but I am getting floated to the other hospitals MICU! :thumbup: I hate floating! (I like my routine...I am a creature of habit...)

To all my other peeps, Happy 4th of July!!!!

Congrats on your restriction!!!

AND that 3lb weight loss!

I can't wait to weigh in the AM! I hope I lost!

"Hello Restriction - sit your sweet self down." AND stay awhile!

Week 6 of BBQ Weight Loss Challenge~

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6lbs-7.0lbs-1.0lb+0.0+4.2lbsbiggrin.gif

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0:wub:(14.0)

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7lbs+2.0-1.0-1.0biggrin.gif

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0lbs-4.0lbs+1.0:wub:(15.0)

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8lbs-2.0lbs-1.4lbs+1.0lbs+0.0:tt1:

LA = 23lbs+1.0lb-1.0lb-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0:tt1:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0lbs+1.5lbs-0.5-1.0biggrin.gif

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0lbs-5.4lbs-1.7lbs+0.0-3.0-3.0:tt1:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5lbs-3.0lbs-1.0lbsbiggrin.gif

Amieru = 20lbs-2lbs-5.0lbs+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0:tt1:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5lbs+1.5lbs-3.0lbs-3.0lbsbiggrin.gif

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0lb-1.5lbs-2.0+1.0-4.0biggrin.gif

John T = 15lbs-2.0lbs+0.0lbs+0.0-3.0-2.0biggrin.gif

bahotmamma = 20 lbs -1.5lbs-1.0lbs-2.0-4.0-2.0:tt1:

Munchkin=---------------------------0.0+0.0-3.0:tt1:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs :thumbup:

Week Four Losses 18.9lbs :thumbup:

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbs biggrin.gif

Week Six Losses :mellow:

Edited by Tied2BFit

Dee -- Early weigh in for me too, as we are going to a bbque today and I am going to drink all my calories + some. Very depressed today and not sure why, maybe because I was cleaning my office and came across a letter that my dad had given to my stepmonster to give to me. I have read it a millon times, but it hit really hard today. I forgot I had it til I found it too. Oh, back to the weigh in I am down another 2 lbs. So i'm off now to cook and make dip to take to the party. Have a great & safe 4th of July. Hubby is on firework patrol, so that means we will have great fireworks in Idaho on vacation. (He gets to confiscate the illegal ones).

Congrats Girlie on that 2lbs! You're down 10.5lbs! More than half way to your goal! I think you will have no problem making it to goal!

I'm sorry about your Dad's letter making you sad. I hope the Adult beverages helped a little!

I also wanted to tell you about the move PS I Love You. I ordered it on Netflix, but I heard from a friend it was quite the Tearjerker. It's hard to lose our parents! I love your tatoo idea! It's so thoughtful! You can come with me and Mal! We're going to have to have a designated driver, because I think I'll need some Adult Beverages of my own!

I can't wait!

Hugs Denise!

luv,

dee~

Edited by Tied2BFit

post-51853-1381366672797_thumb.jpg

Brandy, Mal, Mini

post-224851-13813137286365_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tied2BFit
edited myself out!

post-40965-13813666730528_thumb.jpg

Mal, Brandy, Hannah, Dee, Mini