Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Well, got caught up on reading the posts. I tell ya, Dee and Mini, you two need to put together a comedy act! Funny stuff!

Dee, I will join mini and shelbi on hunting down the a-hole from the restaurant....gawd, i hate the way guys think they are attractive no matter what they look like, but women better be slim and fetching. I agree: his leaving saved you time. Send the pix to the new guy, what the hell:rolleyes2: give it a go. If he isn't worth it, I think you will figure it out quickly. You have the ability to see the core of others, even via email, so in person/on phone I am sure you will get a line on his sincerity.

Mini, whoa, tomorrow is it!! My phone call with doc is hour after your surgery, so hope there aren't complications....I hate to be kept waiting:tt2: Just kiddin'...

You know, I think I am going to have to get a list of items to take with me for morning after and the days following. The only list I saw once had odd items on the list, including long-handled BBQ tongs:confused2: Never quite figured that one out!

Wish I could be there to meet all you guys. Maybe when I come in August a few of us could get together that first night, eh?

Well, keep up the good work, ladies. You are doing great!

Okay, I'm off to my preop appt. I'll see some of you tonight and keep the rest posted. WOOHOOO!!!

Brandy, I go home Friday early afternoon. Figured it would be good to hang out Thursday before dealing with airport, etc.

Thank you so much everyone for giving me such good advice about my "new man in my life" situation.

I sent him several current pics AND he was so sweet! He said, "You're really cute! What were you worried about?" -- of course, I cried again! But we weren't on the phone.

About the jerk who left me in the resturant! He was a total jerk! AND I was so pissed at him! I sent him an email and told her off when I got home. He said when he saw me he felt like puking! Anyway, I am glad I didn't waste my time on him! Because before meeting him, I felt he was a pretty nice guy! Obviously, I was wrong!

I'm not going to tell the new guy about my Band. BUT I will after we meet. He's going to be out of the country on business until the end of July. Our birthdays are 5 days apart! Isn't that cute?

I just talked to Mini and she is detained at Dr. k's office waiting to be seen for her Pre-op. I told her not to worry, we'd wait for her at the resturant.

I hope to see you all there!

Hugs,

dee~

My pre-op was scheduled for the same time of day as Mini's and I didn't get out of his office until almost 7! Hope he is faster than that tonight! I bet he and his staff are about ready to drop over. I think they run full steam every day all day. I don't know how they do it.

My pre-op was scheduled for the same time of day as Mini's and I didn't get out of his office until almost 7! Hope he is faster than that tonight! I bet he and his staff are about ready to drop over. I think they run full steam every day all day. I don't know how they do it.

She's texting me and I won't tell her that! But I imagine it might happen.

They are so busy now days! I bet it sucks for them! Poor guys!

Fatwidow- When is your pre-op and surgery? My pre-op is the 22nd of July and my surgery is the the 23rd. I too sent my money into Dr. K. today :lol: Are you feeling unprepared for this at all? I am, and it has me scared lol. All the stuff to take to the hotel for after, the Vitamins, and on and on...

Is it hard to swallow pills after your band? I wish I could turn my little hamster wheel in my head off but I can't!! I need to strart trying Protein Drinks to see what ones I like. I am not a big fan of slim fast in the can or anything like that in the can.

mini- I am so so so excited for you!!! Yeah *big hugs*

You ladys have a wonderful dinner and enjoy new friends!

Cheers, Jill

Fatwidow- When is your pre-op and surgery? My pre-op is the 22nd of July and my surgery is the the 23rd. I too sent my money into Dr. K. today :lol: Are you feeling unprepared for this at all? I am, and it has me scared lol. All the stuff to take to the hotel for after, the Vitamins, and on and on...

Is it hard to swallow pills after your band? I wish I could turn my little hamster wheel in my head off but I can't!! I need to strart trying Protein drinks to see what ones I like. I am not a big fan of slim fast in the can or anything like that in the can.

mini- I am so so so excited for you!!! Yeah *big hugs*

You ladys have a wonderful dinner and enjoy new friends!

Cheers, Jill

Jilly,

NO pills at all after surgery!

Dr. K is very adamant about that. He told me twice!

I have to crush my BP and my Lipitor meds.

So I have chewable vits and calcium/Vit D

Hi everyone,

Are you guys going to the Red Robin on the 16th? I will be in town for my surgery. I have my pre-op scheduled for 3:00 on that day. My daughter and I would love to meet everyone. My daughter, Kacie, is 15 years old and I am excited that she can be with me. I am staying at TownPlace suites at the Denver Tech Center. I hope this is a nice area. On the map, it says that the hotel is only 14 minutes away from the hospital. I was wondering if Dr. K would let me leave with my daughter or do I need an adult. If so, maybe, one of you could pick us up and take us back to the hotel? Well, let me know.

Mini: I hope everything goes ok with your surgery. I will be thinking about you.

Tied: I can't believe men can be so evil. I can only hope that a woman he meets online does the same to him (even worse) so that he might know how it feels.

I am sooooo sad for a lady I work with. She lost her son 2 days ago. He was drinking at a friends house and choked on his own vomit and died in his sleep. This was her only child and he was only 19. She was working two jobs to help him through college. He was really smart and had scholarships and graduated with honors. I guess he had a drug and alcohol problem. He was partying at a friends house and MY daughter was there for a short time. She was friends with him and told me she hugged him and was sitting with him that night but he was "so messed up". She is soo upset. I have lost some very important people in my life but I can't imagine losing a child. I have to go to the funeral home tomorrow. I am dreading it. I don't do well at funeral homes (does anyone).

Mini -- Best of luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and sending warm wishes and big hugs your way. You so deserve this and it will be a great ride.:thumbup::smile2::lol::lol::lol:

(sorry I just had to add those funny faces, never hit the more button before)...

FW -- So sorry abt your dd's friend, that is horrible and I can't imagine how I would be ablt to go on if I lost one of my girls. Yes we are meeting at RR on the 16th, please do join us we would love to meet you and your daughter. I'm not sure abt leaving with your dd on day of surgery, ask Dr. K or Natalie.