Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

i think i learned that in Microbiology.

The Wii Fit

But I don't have a Wii, so I have to get one of those - so I can use the Wii Fit.

The wii is soooo hard to get, I will keep my eye out for you too. My son is the BIGGEST video game geek (that's what we call him), anyway, he has a friend that manages one of the video game stores, so I can have him help out too. We lucked out when we got ours, kind of like the wii fit...I saw someone with one in their cart and took off to the electronics department!

Sorry to hear about the depression evil monster. I know him too well! Force him away!!

I want you to know how proud we all are of you "Super Star"!!

You are very loved Ms. Dee!

The wii is soooo hard to get, I will keep my eye out for you too. My son is the BIGGEST video game geek (that's what we call him), anyway, he has a friend that manages one of the video game stores, so I can have him help out too. We lucked out when we got ours, kind of like the wii fit...I saw someone with one in their cart and took off to the electronics department!

Sorry to hear about the depression evil monster. I know him too well! Force him away!!

I want you to know how proud we all are of you "Super Star"!!

You are very loved Ms. Dee!

Thanks Mal!

I did NOT know they were hard to find! I'm so dumb when it comes to that stuff! I had no idea, I needed one to use the Wii Fit. See how dumb I am about electronics? Ask me about Microbiology and I can tell you everything! Don't ask me about electronics!

Any help you can give me would be great!

Sidann -- Way to go with that MD visit! That's great. You are doing it, girl!!

I had to laugh about the Ayds candy -- I had mine with hot Water, too!!

Please add these to the failed diet list:

The Grapefruit Diet

the Cabbage Soup Diet

The mayo Clinic Diet (I think that's what it was?)

Fen-phen

Adipex

(There are more, plus I've tried most on the first list)

When I was 13 I took a prescribed "appetite suppressant" and lost 35 pounds between 8th & 9th grades. The best that I remember it was called PreSate. Looking back I remember riding my bike like a crazed lunatic and not sleeping at all that summer. Ah, the '70s -- times were so much simpler then and the pediatricians had speed for all the fat kids.:)

My take on the airline. Like every other corporation, they are in business to make money. They don't really give a rat's ass about the "comfort" of anyone, as long as they fill the seats with the lightest people possible. The lighter the overall weight of the plane, the less the airlines fuel expenses, the more profits to their shareholders. They try to market it as "comfort", but that's total BS. As soon as they can get away with it, they will weigh each and every passenger and price their ticket accordingly just as if the passenger is a box of FedEx mail and not a person. Totally sucks, in my opinion, especially when they give the insincere crap about it being for "comfort". We're fat people, not stupid people. JERKS!!!!

The Grapefruit Diet

the Cabbage Soup Diet

Fen-phen

Adipex

When I was 13 I took a prescribed "appetite suppressant" and lost 35 pounds between 8th & 9th grades. The best that I remember it was called PreSate. Looking back I remember riding my bike like a crazed lunatic and not sleeping at all that summer. Ah, the '70s -- times were so much simpler then and the pediatricians had speed for all the fat kids.:)

My take on the airline. Like every other corporation, they are in business to make money. They don't really give a rat's ass about the "comfort" of anyone, as long as they fill the seats with the lightest people possible. The lighter the overall weight of the plane, the less the airlines fuel expenses, the more profits to their shareholders. They try to market it as "comfort", but that's total BS. As soon as they can get away with it, they will weigh each and every passenger and price their ticket accordingly just as if the passenger is a box of FedEx mail and not a person. Totally sucks, in my opinion, especially when they give the insincere crap about it being for "comfort". We're fat people, not stupid people. JERKS!!!!

Damned right Shelbi!!

Dee, I got my Wii on ebay. I paid a little more, but was able to get it pretty quickly. I haven't started my Wii fit yet . . . I'm saving it for after my surgery. How lame is that! But I wanted something that I would be excited to try. I made my Mii though. I should put it in purple clothes to continue with the Violet Beauregarde theme.

So I just went and bought some Isopure. Yummy! I like it!!!

Thanks Mal!

I did NOT know they were hard to find! I'm so dumb when it comes to that stuff! I had no idea, I needed one to use the Wii Fit. See how dumb I am about electronics? Ask me about Microbiology and I can tell you everything! Don't ask me about electronics!

Any help you can give me would be great!

I sure would not have known about the wii if my son wasn't such a gamer! He has almost every system and WAY too many games.

ewwww, tapeworms??? For real? Thank goodness I didn't know about that one, I probably would have tried that one too!

Hey!

Let's post all of the different diets we've tried! NOW that we have found the BAND!

Yippie!!!

Ayds candy Diet

Weight Watchers

Fresh Carrot juice with celery and apple. Steamed parsips.

Banana/Grape and pineapple Juice diet (I'm surprised that one didn't kill me!) Can you imagine my blood sugar?

Weight Watchers Fat and Fiber

Weight Watchers Point Plan

Metabolife (max dose for a year! Lost 80lbs along with swimming and a Low Fat Diet - 30% or less total fat intake. (but I figured out IF you drank a real soda with your meals, that was 0% fat, you could eat more fat -- because the % was lower!) I lost, but gained it back afterwards!

Fasting 2 days a week -- NOTHING BY MOUTH -- Water ONLY

Forcing myself to throw up -- only did this for one week. I wasn't good at making myself throw up! Too hard!

Slim Fast

Eating One Meal a day

1000 calories a day - nothing after 4pm

Nutrisystem

Herballife

South Beach

Atkins

Dr. Oz/Roizen YOU ON A DIET

Plus all of the gym memberships that I never used! Years and Years of being a member of a gym!

I forgot the Hollywood Juice Diet! AND the Cabbage Soup diet! My stomach blew with gas so bad on the Cabbage diet that I thought I was going to die!!!

The Grapefruit Diet

the Cabbage Soup Diet

Fen-phen

Adipex

PREACH ON SISTER SHELBI!!!

You are on fire!!!

The person who had this happen is going to be on the news. Someone found out about it and called the news... they are going to interview her!

That stupid Flight Attendent threatening her by asking for her Credit Card AFTER she had already agreed that the woman fit in the seat! It should have been a nonissue since she had purchased 3 tickets and one was for a very small child!

I felt really sorry for her when I read that she told the woman she had lost 30lbs! I felt, "why should she have to say that!" She was and is valuable 30lbs less or greater!

I sure would not have known about the wii if my son wasn't such a gamer! He has almost every system and WAY too many games.

ewwww, tapeworms??? For real? Thank goodness I didn't know about that one, I probably would have tried that one too!

Yup Tapeworms!

Leave it to Munchkin to remind us of that ugliness!

Poor Obese People of the old days! I could easily see my Grandma try that one! She would have done anything to lose weight! Then after she got cancer and weighed 70lbs -- she told me, she regreted never loving herself -- her entire life!

Yup Tapeworms!

Leave it to Munchkin to remind us of that ugliness!

Poor Obese People of the old days! I could easily see my Grandma try that one! She would have done anything to lose weight! Then after she got cancer and weighed 70lbs -- she told me, she regreted never loving herself -- her entire life!

Ahhhh. That's really sad. Wow, it's amazing how much our bodies dictate how we feel about ourselves.

Post Date: 6/27/08 10:38 am

This was posted on another LapBand site. I think it's important for us to be aware of how the overweight of our society are being treated!

One of the ladies on the lap band board suggested I put this out there for everyone. Here is my experience....after you read it, if you feel compelled, please write or call and make a complaint. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone and I think that is appalling!!

Southwest Airlines is tauting it's greatness on their website because they aren't charging passengers for bags or Snacks or other amenities like other airlines are doing---however, the don't mention what they ARE doing is much worse! I was sitting in the airport with my husband and kids waiting for our flight to NY. We were all playing games on our cell phones, my daughter was coloring, when a woman from Southwest walks up and asks if I'm flying out that day? I said yes. She said, "can you come with me for just a moment?" I went, thinking stupidly maybe this was a survey or something. NOT! When we got to the counter she said, "I'm going to have to ask you to purchase another ticket today." Just like that. I said "what??!" She handed me a piece of paper--mind you, this is all being done "quietly," she's almost whispering--which said basically that "Customers of Size" maybe be asked to purchase another ticket for the "safety and comfort of themselves and those around them." When I explained I bought an ENTIRE row of tickets (3) and another one so I would not be "encroaching" on anyone's space but my 38 pound 5-year-old, she said, "it doesn't matter, if you can't fit comfortably in the seat without encroaching on others you have to pay for an additional fare." I told her we just flew in December and I fit fine, snuggly, but fine. I said, "I've even lost 30 pounds since then!" When I continued to argue that I would NOT pay a fee, she said we could pre-board and she could "see if I fit." As we are standing waiting to "pre-board" while others are disembarking the plane, she says to me, "it's a pretty full flight, if it winds up that it is completely full we will refund your ticket fare." Now let me get this straight, your policy is to make fat people pay for another ticket so as not to cause "discomfort" for them, but if there aren't enough seats and you can sell one more stinking ticket then you don't care about their comfort?? TELL ME HOW THIS IS NOT ABOUT MONEY!!!!! We went to pre-board, mind you there are still people on the plane who were traveling to our first stop--17 to be exact. Several of those, and the crew WATCHED her HUMILIATE me and measure to see if I fit. When I did, again, snuggly, she said "well you are still a little over the armrest there." Again I said, "and it makes no difference to ANYONE else because my daughter and husband will be sitting here next to me!!!!!! She said (very condesendingly) "I'm going to go ahead and make an exception this time but just know in the future that this is our policy. I want to congratulate you on your weight loss." I stopped her mid sentence actually, saying, "you know what? You aren't making an exception, you've done enough to humiliate me and ruin my trip so if we're done here I don't want to hear your "congratulations" just leave me alone." Then, get this, she said, "well, I can take your credit card if you like." SHE'S THREATENING ME BECAUSE I DIDN'T TAKE HER CONDESENDING CONGRATULATIONS!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I said, "is that a threat? Because if it is, I won't stop at just this ticket, I'll have your job before it's over with. Everyone of these people, who you've just humiliated me in front of heard you say we were done and there would be no fee. Now because I don't bow down and take your crappy, insincere congratulations you're threatening me? (turning to another gentleman standing there) Sir, can you write you name down for me so I can report this to her supervisor?" She said, "that won't be necessary, I said it was fine." And left. Meanwhile, everyone is finally able to board--including my family who she stopped at the gate--and I start to BAWL like a BABY!!!! If you knew me, you'd know I'm not generally a cryer. I'm pretty tough, especially when dealing with people about my weight, but I totally LOST it. I cried most of the trip and we've been here two days and I'm actually having nightmares about having to go back to the airport and dealing with this **** again!!! Anyone who thinks airlines are not trying to stick it to "customers of size" are full of it! They can say all they want how they aren't charging extra for things--no, just people. Is this the last acceptable form of discrimination???

Here is the customer relations line to call and complain about their policy for "Customers of Size" (214) 792-4223 or their address is: Gary C. Kelly, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer Southwest Airlines, P.O. Box 36647 1CR, Dallas, TX 75235-1647

We CAN make a difference and even though we are losing, we shouldn't let that deter us from doing something for others who might face this in the future! Thanks!

My sister is a flight attendant with SWA and I can tell you this is true. When she told me a story about a fat person on the plane who was taking up some of the next person's seat... and went on to discribe somewhat of a similar story I let her finish and then said, "Okay, on behalf of all of the obese people in America, fuck you."

Hola, Senoritas!!

Just got back from Puerto Vallarta...lots of sun and humidity!

Since there are a thousand pages of blog here to catch up on, thought I would write first and read later.

Had a great time down south, except without giving specifics I had the most humiliating experience due to my weak ankles and bad knee (both obesity related frailties). I wanted to die from embarrassment. felt like getting on a plane and coming home. this is the first trip in my life where my activities were so limited because of my weight. i missed being able to access this site and get the emotional support I needed at the time. the tears just burned in my eyes.:(

what the incident has done besides making my heart ache, is steel my resolution to make this surgery a total success. i don't care what i have to do, have to sacrifice, have to face....my life WILL change.:)

Thanks to the kind words and attitude of those of you on this site, I know I can do it.:)

Hola, Senoritas!!

Just got back from Puerto Vallarta...lots of sun and humidity!

Since there are a thousand pages of blog here to catch up on, thought I would write first and read later.

Had a great time down south, except without giving specifics I had the most humiliating experience due to my weak ankles and bad knee (both obesity related frailties). I wanted to die from embarrassment. felt like getting on a plane and coming home. this is the first trip in my life where my activities were so limited because of my weight. i missed being able to access this site and get the emotional support I needed at the time. the tears just burned in my eyes.:(

what the incident has done besides making my heart ache, is steel my resolution to make this surgery a total success. i don't care what i have to do, have to sacrifice, have to face....my life WILL change.:)

Thanks to the kind words and attitude of those of you on this site, I know I can do it.:)

Welcome home Deb! I hope you had fun in spite of your humiliating experience. Last year we were snorkeling in Cancun and I could not pull my fat ass back up into the boat. My husband and the guide had to push my butt into the boat. Literally, one on each side of my butt. Ummmm, yeah, makes you realize just how much it limits your life.

Well, there is a lot to catch up on! Part way through you will find lots of concern about Brandy not feeling well and lots of us were freaking out, but don't panic because it's under control now. Just a heads up.

My sister is a flight attendant with SWA and I can tell you this is true. When she told me a story about a fat person on the plane who was taking up some of the next person's seat... and went on to discribe somewhat of a similar story I let her finish and then said, "Okay, on behalf of all of the obese people in America, fuck you."

Lap!

I love you GIRL!

Thank you on behalf of ALL the obese people in this world!