Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mini-

I had it December 5th of last year.

you've done really well. I have about the same amount to lose as you and I just have no idea what to expect in terms of rate of loss. I would like to lose 40 lbs by the time of my daughter's wedding on December 20th, but then think that might be too optimistic. That's five months . . .

Guys I am going back in again...I have been throwing up again and this time there was blood. An unfill is definately in order...I will let you know the scoop when I get back home.

Brandy... I am thinking about you girl. Please update us! (((HUGS)))

Well ladies, still no word about the US. I did get a call from my new surgeons office saying that the Dr will no longer be in on Tuesday so I had to reschedule my fill. *boo* Luckily they listened to the demand and are now doing them 4 days a month instead of 2. So I was able to schedule for the 7th. I really really need one!

Despite my lack luster effort this week and my piss poor eating... I have managed to lose another 2 pounds. I am shocked. I am suspicious of my scale! lol. So that puts me at -68 pounds!! Woot! And -6 for the challenge with another 17 to go. Ha... not sure I will make that. Ah well. I have depleted my stash of ice cream in the freezer and am going cold turkey again. Evil evil stuff!

Hi guys~

I went in and saw both Dr. K and Tom...we agreed to take out a whole cc and take prevacid for 2 weeks. If I have anymore trouble, we will schedule an upper GI. So far, so good. Other than a burning sensation (probably irritation from all the acid last night...I looked like the exorcist, I swear it) I have been able to drink and eat again...and take my meds for this d@mn kidney stone. The unfill takes me back to the level I was back in January, which means that I am going to have to be EXTRA good and EXTRA careful with what I put in my mouth. I will go in on the 10th and will slowly build back up again...I am hoping that I will feel well enough to hit the gym again next week. I will need that extra boost!

I did learn something interesting that if your band slips and you have an AP band, they can go in again, un-hook the band and re-place it. So even though I would not want that to happen to ANY of us, it is a little comforting knowing that it is "fixable" if it needs to be. Don't have the slightest clue how much it would be though.

So lets keep rootin' that there will be NO MORE DRAMA with this crazy band...I love it to much, even if it is giving me grief!!

Mini...you could so lose 40 by December...I have lost 70 in 6 months and I was a low BMI! You can totally do it!! Follow the rules and workout...Simple really!

Hi guys~

I went in and saw both Dr. K and Tom...we agreed to take out a whole cc and take prevacid for 2 weeks. If I have anymore trouble, we will schedule an upper GI. So far, so good. Other than a burning sensation (probably irritation from all the acid last night...I looked like the exorcist, I swear it) I have been able to drink and eat again...and take my meds for this d@mn kidney stone. The unfill takes me back to the level I was back in January, which means that I am going to have to be EXTRA good and EXTRA careful with what I put in my mouth. I will go in on the 10th and will slowly build back up again...I am hoping that I will feel well enough to hit the gym again next week. I will need that extra boost!

I did learn something interesting that if your band slips and you have an AP band, they can go in again, un-hook the band and re-place it. So even though I would not want that to happen to ANY of us, it is a little comforting knowing that it is "fixable" if it needs to be. Don't have the slightest clue how much it would be though.

So lets keep rootin' that there will be NO MORE DRAMA with this crazy band...I love it to much, even if it is giving me grief!!

OH YAY!!! Okay, that sounds like a good plan. And if you're able to keep something down and take your meds, that seems like a very good sign. thanks for logging on and letting us know.

Wow, 70 in 6 months is amazing. I am quite a bit older than you though . . and not so good at working out. I really need to make a commitment to it and just do it. Oh. I sound like a Nike ad.

I waited until I hit a plateau before I started working out. I got my eating down and lost. Hit a plateau and then started working out and that got things jump started again. Now, if I plateau again, I am not sure what I will do...panic? Maybe.

I waited until I hit a plateau before I started working out. I got my eating down and lost. Hit a plateau and then started working out and that got things jump started again. Now, if I plateau again, I am not sure what I will do...panic? Maybe.

that's a good idea. I mean exercising, not panicking. You must be close to your goal though, yes?

Getting close...Dr. K only wants me to lose 5-10 more. The number in my head is 20-30 more...but I will know when I get there what I am supposed to be. After I lose 20 more, I plan on going to the PS who my dd is treated by and asking for a group discount. Kidding. But I am going to see him and see what we can do and what we can get insurance to pay. I am guessing that he could remove 4-6 pounds of skin off my gut!

5-10 pounds will put me in the "normal" category...although on the higher end. It wouldn't give me much room to play with.

Getting close...Dr. K only wants me to lose 5-10 more. The number in my head is 20-30 more...but I will know when I get there what I am supposed to be. After I lose 20 more, I plan on going to the PS who my dd is treated by and asking for a group discount. Kidding. But I am going to see him and see what we can do and what we can get insurance to pay. I am guessing that he could remove 4-6 pounds of skin off my gut!

Yes, I'm sure PS will be part of my future. I already have a big stomach flap thingy that came after my first c-section and never went away. And the girls . . . .well, they were fine until 3 years ago or so and then they just started moving south. I can't imagine what they'll look like when I lose weight. Ummm, no so pretty. I would like to get down to the middle range of normal . . . I just don't have much confidence that I can do it. But then I see all of you and think that I shouldn't sell myself short.

Well, I'm off to bed. I'm worn out today. It's really hot here and it just drains me.

Don't sell yourself short. Go into this KNOWING that YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I think that was a huge step for me...I always said that with the $$ that was spent, I knew that failure was not an option. You will do just fine.

I had 2 c-sections and breast fed/pumped for 4 kids. One word. Yuck!

Go to bed and dream of the way you WILL look and remember that this is a journey and that you too, will get there and be/look amazing!!

you've done really well. I have about the same amount to lose as you and I just have no idea what to expect in terms of rate of loss. I would like to lose 40 lbs by the time of my daughter's wedding on December 20th, but then think that might be too optimistic. That's five months . . .

Thanks for the compliment, I often don't feel like I have done well (especially if I compare myself to Brandy:biggrin:, she is such an overachiever, LOL!) but then I realize I am almost halfway to my goal. And my fill doc says I am doing fine. So I guess I need to shush those negative voices in my head!

You can do it! Just follow the band rules and don't be a slacker like me!:thumbs_up:

Brandy- it sounds like so far so good. I hope everything turns out ok. Let us all know if you need anything!

Where oh where is our Dee??????

Munchkin~

Your doing awesome!!! Usually I am a slacker...take a look at my house, I should be picking up. But, I don't want to overacheive to much!!

Half way is great, and just keep swimming (NEMO)!! You will get there!

I was wondering the same thing...where is Miss. Dee. I hope things are OK. Maybe she is working a double shift???

Brandy ~ Hope your unfill takes care of your problems. You scared me when you said you were vomitting blood. Oye! How scarey. I am sure you will do just fine with the unfil... hang in there. =)