Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

No Mini! I could never be mad at your for being honest with me. I agree. I don't owe him anything. He had a marriage, a damned good marriage. I never cheated on him -- and not just because I was fat and no one would have had me, when I was first married to him, I met a man at the bank where I worked. He used to come and flirt with me a lot, it was during the time, when my ex had his first affair with someone whom I was very close to! I felt betrayed by the woman and by him. BUT I never strayed. I kept myself faithful to him! So I agree with you, he had it all -- and he threw it away!!!

I don't usually eat when I'm depressed, stressed yes, depressed no. It makes my tummy feel like it's in knots.

BASTARD!!! That might get censored or something, but I don't care. My first hubby was a cheater. We were only together for 5 years but I remember how much it hurt. My current hubby was also married to a cheater. I think that we're both really careful with each other's hearts because we've both been hurt. We've been together for 23 years now, and I have never worried that he has strayed.

Sooo . . . sometimes the second time around can be a whole lot better. You deserve a whole lot better. Don't settle for same old same old.

BASTARD!!! That might get censored or something, but I don't care. My first hubby was a cheater. We were only together for 5 years but I remember how much it hurt. My current hubby was also married to a cheater. I think that we're both really careful with each other's hearts because we've both been hurt. We've been together for 23 years now, and I have never worried that he has strayed.

Sooo . . . sometimes the second time around can be a whole lot better. You deserve a whole lot better. Don't settle for same old same old.

No, your sentiment came through loud and clear! You're totally right! I'm not sure why I have settled for so many years! I'm not sure why I still care about him and his well being. Why don't I value myself more? I know I deserve better. Sometimes, I think I am as big as I am today because of living in a love less marriage for so long and feeling so unloved.

No, your sentiment came through loud and clear! You're totally right! I'm not sure why I have settled for so many years! I'm not sure why I still care about him and his well being. Why don't I value myself more? I know I deserve better. Sometimes, I think I am as big as I am today because of living in a love less marriage for so long and feeling so unloved.

Yep, there are lots of reasons why we wrap ourselves in fat, but I think feeling unloved is one of the biggest.

We love you Dee. I know it's not the same, but you are obviously an incredible woman who touches many lives. If ex couldn't love you for who you are, he has a screw loose.

Yep, there are lots of reasons why we wrap ourselves in fat, but I think feeling unloved is one of the biggest.

We love you Dee. I know it's not the same, but you are obviously an incredible woman who touches many lives. If ex couldn't love you for who you are, he has a screw loose.

Yes and I know that is a big part of the Mental/Emotional work, I have to do now! I need to get through the emotional part of being obese and allowing myself to get to the place that I ever needed a Band.

It's a tough journey, isn't it?

Your surgery is just around the corner! Are you ready? Have you been looking at Protein drinks, broths, chewable Vitamins and other things for after your surgery?

Yes and I know that is a big part of the Mental/Emotional work, I have to do now! I need to get through the emotional part of being obese and allowing myself to get to the place that I ever needed a Band.

It's a tough journey, isn't it?

Your surgery is just around the corner! Are you ready? Have you been looking at Protein drinks, broths, chewable Vitamins and other things for after your surgery?

It is hard work. You need to rewire your brain, and those neurons are stubborn little suckers. Here's a trick I try to use . . . whenever I start thinking maladaptive stuff, I ask myself "Is this how you want your brain wired?". Then I try to think about something that would be more productive. I think rumination is really bad for your brain. It creates a neural "rut" that is really hard to get out of.

I have been checking out a few things, mainly Protein Drinks. I think I like the Slim-Fast low carb the best. I tried some powders, etc., but they were kind of gaggy. I haven't checked out broth yet . . . I'm thinking miso Soup broth would suit me just fine. I need to find Vitamins this weekend for sure. I'm really excited but kind of can't believe that it's almost here. And I keep thinking "wow, next year at this time . . . ".

Well, I'm off for a bit but I'll check in later and see how you're doing. Remember . . . you're in charge of your own neural wiring. Sculpt your brain to benefit YOU, not anybody else.

It is hard work. You need to rewire your brain, and those neurons are stubborn little suckers. Here's a trick I try to use . . . whenever I start thinking maladaptive stuff, I ask myself "Is this how you want your brain wired?". Then I try to think about something that would be more productive. I think rumination is really bad for your brain. It creates a neural "rut" that is really hard to get out of.

I have been checking out a few things, mainly Protein drinks. I think I like the Slim-Fast low carb the best. I tried some powders, etc., but they were kind of gaggy. I haven't checked out broth yet . . . I'm thinking miso Soup broth would suit me just fine. I need to find Vitamins this weekend for sure. I'm really excited but kind of can't believe that it's almost here. And I keep thinking "wow, next year at this time . . . ".

Well, I'm off for a bit but I'll check in later and see how you're doing. Remember . . . you're in charge of your own neural wiring. Sculpt your brain to benefit YOU, not anybody else.

In charge of my own neurons!

That is GREAT!

I also love Low Carb Slim Fast. I get it at Sam's club and it's one of the only ones I like. I'll bring a Protein bullet to the hospital when I see you before your surgery. You can try it. Some like it, some don't. Do you have a GNC nearby? I drank the Clear Isopure Protein Drinks post-op during my clear liquid phase. I poured them over crushed ice and added a splash of cranberry juice cocktail (with splenda) Woofay is the one who introduced me to these!

I get my chewable Vits from The Vitamin Cottage. One day I was there and I sampled 4 different chewables. Then it hit me, that they were vitamins! Yikes! The one I take tastes pretty good. Like a Vitamin C. I also get my chewable Calcium from GNC, they aren't gritty... my doctor said I should eat them one at a time through out the day. So if I feel like a treat, I eat one.

The other protein drinks, I like are the Atkins Low Carb vanilla and the Mix1 Fruit Drinks.

I hope I can continue to lose weight, so that next year - I'll be closer to goal! So far, so good, but I know it can slow down after the initial 6 months.

Do you have rewards for yourself when you've reached tiny goals?

Brandy!!!! Where are you????? Are you ok????????

Brandy!!!! Where are you????? Are you ok????????

Yes Brandy!! Come and let us know you're okay!!! All your Moms here are waiting to hear from you!

Yes Brandy! I was just making dinner and realized how late it is and wondered where the heck you are! Don't you know you need to check in before you go off doing heaven knows what???

Dee - that would be great if I could try one of the Protein shots. I'm going to see if we can find a GNC in Denver on my pre-op day and buy some Isopure. Can't bring liquids on the plane, ya know. And I love that 5 calorie cranberry juice. It's my beverage of choice. Sometimes a shot of vodka sneaks in too. Tasty tasty. :( Oh, but not while I'm on my pre-op. I have been one obedient patient. Thanks for the tips on Vitamins. I need to get on the ball with that. My doc just tested me for Vitamin B12 deficiency (a side effect of one of my stupid meds) so I'll be interested to see how that turns out.

Mini-if you are ever in my neck of the woods I have two cases of the Isopure Fruit Drinks (I can't drink Protein drinks, they make me nauseated). Don't know what shipping would cost but you are welcome to them!

Mini-if you are ever in my neck of the woods I have two cases of the Isopure fruit drinks (I can't drink Protein drinks, they make me nauseated). Don't know what shipping would cost but you are welcome to them!

The fruit drinks are my fave!

I wonder what the shipping would cost.

Dee-just got caught up on posts, and I totally second everything Mini has said....I don't want to get going on one of my anti-men rants but Mini is right, he is an imbecile for not wanting you! And we DO LOVE YOU!!

As for my goal, I guess I will make it a whopping 12 pounds?? (Don't sound so sure of myself do I?) All though at the rate I am going with my TOM this time, I am going to gain another 12 pounds BACK. Man, I haven't fallen off the wagon this bad since I have been banded!! I don't know what my problem is, but I need a swift kick in the pants and a teeny tiny fill to tweak my band. (I have an appointment for Monday). On an off note, my fill doctor left the practice he was in and went out on his own, and is only charging $65 for the fill & office visit as opposed to the $335 he used to charge, so I was pretty stoked to hear that! I just wish he had done that about 4 fills ago so I could have saved about $1000.

Jillypoo-your Corgi is adorable! My parents have one that was my sisters while she was in high school. His name is Gunther, and he is one of the most adorable dogs I have ever seen. He is fat and roly poly,and always has a huge doggy grin on his face!! When he was little, I was always so afraid I was going to step on him and kill him because all I'm used to are big dogs!

Lifesaver-Your sister who is a cop is the same age as my sister. Right now my sister is a Sargeant in the Marine Corps, but she has been taking online criminal justice classes for the last few years. Before I became a nurse I majored in criminal justice and wanted to be a cop also. It's probably good I didn't become one, I don't think my mom could handle both her daughters being cops,she would worry herself to death! Although my personality is probably better suited to being a cop!

Ok gals, I am seriously getting worried about Brandy!!!!!