Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

lol That is tooo funny, I guess I should have paid closer attention to the context. It is ironic though that the P.A.'s name is Tom.:sad_smile:That is really good Mal that you had family talks about what is going on with you. My kids are 12 (almost 13) an 10. I'm not sure that they would notice a difference in my eating because I have always been on some diet fad. I have told them several times that I need to change the way I eat and my habbits. I do too, and will. So with that said I am not sure that I need to tell them. I truely don't want to put my unhealthy mental issues on them. I grew up Always on a diet or worrying about my weight, they don't need that. They are both at very good weights and I think that with my hubby's jeans I they will stay that way. You know what I mean. That and it isn't a major surgery... I dunno, I don't want them to worry.

Jill

I didn't tell my kids...but there were other family memebers who I DID NOT want to know...I knew that if I told my kids, there would be an "oooppppsss" moment!

lol That is tooo funny, I guess I should have paid closer attention to the context. It is ironic though that the P.A.'s name is Tom.:sad_smile:That is really good Mal that you had family talks about what is going on with you. My kids are 12 (almost 13) an 10. I'm not sure that they would notice a difference in my eating because I have always been on some diet fad. I have told them several times that I need to change the way I eat and my habbits. I do too, and will. So with that said I am not sure that I need to tell them. I truely don't want to put my unhealthy mental issues on them. I grew up Always on a diet or worrying about my weight, they don't need that. They are both at very good weights and I think that with my hubby's jeans I they will stay that way. You know what I mean. That and it isn't a major surgery... I dunno, I don't want them to worry.

Jill

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer as to how to handle this. Whatever works for your family is right for you . . . And good for you for not wanting to put your issues on them. I hate it when I see a mom nagging her daughter about her weight or modeling unhealthy weight obsessions.

Is your doggie a corgi?

I am with you Jillypoo...I didn't want my kids to worry needlessly. I have always been on a diet, so this really is not any different!

I didn't tell my kids...but there were other family memebers who I DID NOT want to know...I knew that if I told my kids, there would be an "oooppppsss" moment!

Are you feeling better today? One more hour to see Dr. K, yes?

I have been telling everybody. I just have a big mouth. Besides, I'm such a failure at weight loss that there's no way anyone would believe that I am doing it on my own. I really don't want my mother to know, but since we haven't spoken in two years I guess it doesn't matter.

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6lbs-7.0lbs-1.0lb+0.0

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0:wub:(14.0)

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7lbs+2.0:wub:(16.8)

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0lbs-4.0lbs+1.0:wub:(15.0)

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8lbs-2.0lbs-1.4lbs:laugh:

LA = 23lbs+1.0lb-1.0lb-3.0-1.0:laugh:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0lbs+1.5lbs-0.5:laugh:

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0lbs-5.4lbs-1.7lbs+0.0:laugh:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5lbs-3.0lbs:laugh:

Amieru = 20lbs-2lbs-5.0lbs+2.0-5.0:laugh:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5lbs+1.5lbs-3.0lbs:wub:(14.0)

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0lb-1.5lbs-2.0+1.0:laugh:

John T = 15lbs-2.0lbs+0.0lbs+0.0-3.0:laugh:

bahotmamma = 20 lbs -1.5lbs-1.0lbs-2.0:wub:(15.5)

Munchkin=---------------------------0.0:laugh:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs

Edited by Tied2BFit
Add Lifesaver's weigh in~

Yes mini he is a Corgi, I have 2. A male and a female. I love them sooo much, they are good companions. Not a lot of people know what they are:smile2:.

Mal- I take it you are a dog lover as well. What breed of dog do you have? I can't see the pic that well..spaniel maybe?

Do you gals keep a running log and do incentives for weight loss?

I want to thank everyone once again for making me feel so welcome here. I feel silly because I haven't been banded so I don't have the connection there, but you have all been where I am :biggrin2:.

I never thought of the oops slip up from the kids lol. I am sure they would too. My mom told my dad and he is worse than any kid lmao. We will see. My hubby agrees about not telling them and I guess if they notice something and have a bunch of questions I will sit down with them and explain. Another thing I never want to do is lie to them.

Jill

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6lbs-7.0lbs-1.0lb+0.0:laugh:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0:wub:(14.0)

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7lbs+2.0:wub:(16.8)

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0lbs-4.0lbs+1.0:wub:(15.0)

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8lbs-2.0lbs-1.4lbs:laugh:

LA = 23lbs+1.0lb-1.0lb-3.0-1.0:laugh:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0lbs+1.5lbs-0.5:laugh:

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0lbs-5.4lbs-1.7lbs+0.0:laugh:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5lbs-3.0lbs:laugh:

Amieru = 20lbs-2lbs-5.0lbs+2.0-5.0:laugh:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5lbs+1.5lbs-3.0lbs:wub:(14.0)

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0lb-1.5lbs-2.0:wub:(15.5)

John T = 15lbs-2.0lbs+0.0lbs+0.0-3.0:laugh:

bahotmamma = 20 lbs -1.5lbs-1.0lbs-2.0:wub:(15.5)

Munchkin=---------------------------0.0:laugh:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs

Dee, I'm up 1 lb for week 4.

Hi Everyone!

Brandy, please post as soon as you come back from Dr. K's office. I hope everything will be okay.

Adorkable, I am so sorry you're having trouble again! I hope they can figure out what is going on! It's horrible!

Mini, Congrats on your weight loss with your pre-op. Do you find it difficult to follow? I didn't. I think we're so lucky that we didn't have to do a liquid pre-op diet. Some docs order their patients do the most restrictive liquid pre-op diets. I feel so sorry for them. Some can't even work during that time because they are so weak and dizzy.

That's so funny we were in Cedar City at the same time! We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites right off I-15(I think it was 15)

Mal, Shelbi, Amieru, Marcy! You're losing weight! That's great!

I didn't get to weigh on Saturday, so I put that I didn't lose any.

Munchkin, do you have a goal for the next 6 weeks?

Well, I'm back from Vegas. We had a wonderful time. I returned however, with a lot of mixed feelings. I invited my ex to come with us -- mostly because I felt my daughter would appreciate having her father there to Celebrate her milestone birthday, secondly because our past vacations as a family, weren't always that enjoyable. I wanted my daughter to have one good memory of a family vacation. I can now say, this was a good vacation for her. For that I am very happy.

I, however, have had a very difficult time since returning. I need to stop torturing myself. Allowing my ex to continue communcating with me regularly is something I need to stop. I will always love him but it's time for me to move on and let go of my marriage and the hope I have of having him in my life. He's a good man, he's the father of my daughter and the man I was married to for over 22 years, but he doesn't love me - I honestly doubt he ever did. I think he was close to me for many reasons, but loving me in a romantic, affectionate way, I don't think he ever did.

Don't forget to give me your weigh in totals. We have 6 weeks left!

Ahhh, dee, I'm sorry. I was worried about the ex thing. I can't imagine how tough that must be for you. Anything we can do to help?

~Sending you big gooey cyber hugs and kisses and tissues if you need to cry a little~

Ahhh, dee, I'm sorry. I was worried about the ex thing. I can't imagine how tough that must be for you. Anything we can do to help?

~Sending you big gooey cyber hugs and kisses and tissues if you need to cry a little~

Thanks Mini,

My ex and I talk several times a day. Actually, he is the one who calls me. We get along very well - as friends. We have always gotten along very well. While my other married friends fought over money and how to raise the kids, my ex and I never fought about those things. We actually never fought about anything other than his affairs.

I've been crying all day and I return to work tomorrow. I need to get a hold of myself!

Thanks for the hugs, kisses and tissues! I needed them!

Oh crap. Okay, unasked for advice- don't try to feel better by eating. You know it won't help in the long run. And maybe you need to let yourself mourn . . . REALLY mourn, as in accepting that he is gone and never coming back. Maybe all this contact is preventing you from reaching that point. If he really cares about you as a friend, he should understand that. And if he had affairs . . . well, you don't owe him a damned thing (IMHO). I know he's the father of your DD and that you care about him deeply, but he done you wrong. Big time. And you don't deserve that crap from anybody.

Hope you're not mad at me. I'm just saying this cuz I adore you.

Brandymom I hope this morning brings that comforting surge of natural sedation after a bout with pain. Hope you are relaxing and finding that "feels better" sensation. wow. Just feel good in knowing our Doctor adds that stitch in his procedure to secure the band so we do not have easy slippage like some others do.

Ador- OUCH! It sounds like it could be anything. My daughter had a gallbladder attack here so I know what she went through, the pain. Like Brandy I am wishing you a day of sleep and comfort and so sorry for your discomfort.

......................................................................................

I'm going to share with you all that I am exploring plastic surgery, specifically a breast reduction and apron reduction for reconstruction.

Although my feet stopped hurting, my knees stopped hurting, my upper back still hurts and so do my trapezias between my shoulderblades that I've no doubt know it is caused from my large breasts. I have been asking questions about my body, my breasts, though they have gone down, are still huge. 46 DDDD. LIke all things I have discovered, when speaking in general terms of exercise there comes a point when you realize you cannot reduce TISSUE, fat yes, tissue no. I've described this as having two large salami's hanging off my chest.

So reading and researching and fielding some questions to two seperate plastic surgeons who do bariatric reconstruction, I'm going in for an evaluation. I'm sure this will be one of probably two or three procedures I will have to undergo. The good thing is if I can get some tissue reduction it should make exercise and the after effects far less painful so that I'm not feeling like I am hurting myself everytime I hit the treadmill or do weightlifting.

I found a surgery center at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Florida but they do not take my insurance as far as I can read. Still looking for a qualified doctor who deals with bariatric reconstruction. Wish me luck.

Dee...my scales this week did not move!! I was so hoping for a number change but they did not budge. So no progress this week for me.

Everyone have a grand weekend and I'll talk to you soon.

Patty

Lap, I think you and me have scale problems. I had gained a lot when I weighed this morning. I was really good with my choices in Vegas and I walked and walked and walked. I was exhausted! BUT my ankles and feet are huge. The edema was the worst last night and only slighly improved this morning.

We have 6 weeks left, Dear! We will get our scales moving again next week!

Oh crap. Okay, unasked for advice- don't try to feel better by eating. You know it won't help in the long run. And maybe you need to let yourself mourn . . . REALLY mourn, as in accepting that he is gone and never coming back. Maybe all this contact is preventing you from reaching that point. If he really cares about you as a friend, he should understand that. And if he had affairs . . . well, you don't owe him a damned thing (IMHO). I know he's the father of your DD and that you care about him deeply, but he done you wrong. Big time. And you don't deserve that crap from anybody.

Hope you're not mad at me. I'm just saying this cuz I adore you.

No Mini! I could never be mad at your for being honest with me. I agree. I don't owe him anything. He had a marriage, a damned good marriage. I never cheated on him -- and not just because I was fat and no one would have had me, when I was first married to him, I met a man at the bank where I worked. He used to come and flirt with me a lot, it was during the time, when my ex had his first affair with someone whom I was very close to! I felt betrayed by the woman and by him. BUT I never strayed. I kept myself faithful to him! So I agree with you, he had it all -- and he threw it away!!!

I don't usually eat when I'm depressed, stressed yes, depressed no. It makes my tummy feel like it's in knots.