Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

This is totally gross but...do you think it could be Constipation? ?? I haven't gone since Wed and maybe the pain killers "stalled" things a bit???

I am just worried...DUH!! Can't you tell?!?!

Brandy - Yes it could be Constipation. But I know Dr. K. will have the problem figured out pretty quickly. I'm praying for a quick resolution!

Green & Lap - Thanks for the encouragement that we did this for ourselves and not to impress others. But I know it must get discouraging when others don't notice or at least don't SAY they notice. I am impressed with the daily strength I see building in everyone on this thread.

My SIL has not said one word to me. 70 pounds??? It is jealousy, I tell you!! For the majority who WONT acknowledge our hard work...that is all it is!!

Brandy,

In my nursey opinion, (for what little it's worth :thumbup: ) you could definantly be constipated if you haven't gone for that long! Maybe try a Colace or some Miralax? (I personally think Miralax is a wonder drug, it doesn't have all the cramping side effects of some of the others). And yes, you are probably right on the money about the pain medicaton. At any rate, I second what everyone else said...Dr.K is great and he will figure out what is going on.

Shebi-l am glad I am not the only one who pictures Mini as British! Seriously, I did! Especially after she told me she drives a Mini Cooper!!

Hello Lap Band Ladies!!! I'm back from my loooong weekend and trying to get caught up. Brandy and LA - are you guys okay? Geez, that's awful. Hope things get cleared up soon.

Lap - size 20!!!!! That is fantastic!!

Green - wow, families can be so tough sometimes. But you did do this for you, and YOUR approval is really all that matters.

DEE!!! I spent the night in Cedar City Thursday night too! Where did you stay? Oh, that is tooo weird.

Okay, I'm crackin' up over the minnie driver thing. I always wondered if anybody noticed that. I'm not British, but I sure do love my MINI. When I was in Southampton, UK last year leaving on a cruise the whole dock was full of brand new MINIs waiting to board a ship go to their new homes. Everybody else was on the deck waving and celebrating and I was snapping pics of all the MINIs. I even named mine (Penelope Anne Cooper). Yep, I'm a dork.

So my DH, DS and I spent the weekend constructing a deck on our property and then putting up a 16 x 20 canvas wall tent on it. It is so awesome! It's huge inside! It has a wonderful window wall all along one side. It's kind of like sleeping in a tree house. I'll try to post pics tomorrow. But we worked our a%%es off.

That's so sweet that you guys missed me. I missed you too! I couldn't wait to come home and get caught up on my reading.

t minus 9 days till I'm banded. WOOHOO!

So my DH, DS and I spent the weekend constructing a deck on our property and then putting up a 16 x 20 canvas wall tent on it. It is so awesome! It's huge inside! It has a wonderful window wall all along one side. It's kind of like sleeping in a tree house. I'll try to post pics tomorrow. But we worked our a%%es off.

Mini -- Welcome back! Can't wait to see the pictures --That sounds like one of Mal's yurts (is that the right word?) from last year. Scroll a few hundred pages back in the thread for the details of her yurt-camping-thing. So cool.

Brandy -- I am crossing my fingers that it's constipation! That's fixable and is completely logical if you've been on the heavy duty pain meds.

Brandy~I'll be thinking about you today, please let us know how things go.

Mini~Welcome back, we missed you. Can't wait to see the pictures. Cheerio Mate!...LOL

Lap~size 20! Way to go sistah!

Munchkin~My Harley ride was AMAZING! and not to mention my friend who took me is a total cutie!...shhh don't tell hubby, JK

Dee~I miss you! I hope you are having a blast in Vegas without me....

Woofay~How's your summer? When is the Anniversary? Let's wii fit!!! Wait until you see my wii person, she looks exactly like me, it is hysterical!

Bahot~You are my HERO! Water skiing??? AWESOME and you look super amazing! I just want to give your dog a big smooooooch!!

Shelbie~awww, my Yurt trips are such a blast!

Have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY

Edited by Mal

This is totally gross but...do you think it could be Constipation? ?? I haven't gone since Wed and maybe the pain killers "stalled" things a bit???

I am just worried...DUH!! Can't you tell?!?!

Yup!

Apple juice to keep you loose.

You don't want to have a blowout but you do want to get things moving along. I would try some coffee with my Breakfast, start drinking more Water at room temp. I don't know what you are able to tolerate right now but bran based Cereal could help. It may take a while to get things churning but the pain meds clogging things up is not abnormal and slowing up your meal content on top of that is also a factor. Just start adding some sure fire bombs to your intake. For me that is coffee, green tea..oye, the green tea, whey Protein Drink with a Protein Bar at breakfast.

LUCK.

Ok guys, here are some pics. The first one shows all the concrete blocks we had to lug up the hill and set into place. The second shows the deck nearly completed. That's DS standing in front, and DH working in the background and dog Keeley in the dirt. Pics 3 and 4 show the tent! We still have tons to do (decking, rain fly, etc) but we can sleep in it now. It's like being in a big treehouse!

post-43359-13813666620532_thumb.jpg

post-59432-13813666621427_thumb.jpg

post-59432-13813666622113_thumb.jpg

post-59432-13813666622872_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137233565_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137233863_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137234166_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137234446_thumb.jpg

Bahot - that is so freakin' cool that you waterskied. Amazing what getting rid of that unwanted weight you're always lugging around can do for you. When DH and DS were carrying the 45 pound concrete blocks up the hill and complaining about how hard it was, I was thinking that I have to carry an extra 85 pounds with me everywhere I go. I thought about naming my extra weight "the concrete block" but then I settled on "the parasitic twin". And I started thinking about all the things she keeps me from enjoying in my life cuz she just hangs off me and sucks the life out of me. So my weight loss is going to be "shrinking the parasitic twin". You were able to get up on skis cuz your parasitic twin is no longer weighting you down. . . I want to be able to hike a certain hike at Bryce Canyon without stopping every 2 minutes and gasping for breath.

Mal - where do you go Yurt camping? That's what we originally wanted to build, but the zoning and logistics of our lot made it a bear. So we went with a big tent to get around the zoning. Yurts are so fabulous.

Mini-that is soooo cool! Wow, what a lot of work! I bet you lost 10 pounds just lugging those blocks around!

Mal-I won't tell that your Harley guy was a hottie! (Wink, wink!)

Brandy-update us soon, we are all worried about you!! Not sure when your appt with Dr.K was/is!!!

Mini-that is soooo cool! Wow, what a lot of work! I bet you lost 10 pounds just lugging those blocks around!

Mal-I won't tell that your Harley guy was a hottie! (Wink, wink!)

Brandy-update us soon, we are all worried about you!! Not sure when your appt with Dr.K was/is!!!

Well, I didn't actually carry any of the blocks. They were waaay too heavy. I was the chief engineer :thumbup:

Ok guys, here are some pics. The first one shows all the concrete blocks we had to lug up the hill and set into place. The second shows the deck nearly completed. That's DS standing in front, and DH working in the background and dog Keeley in the dirt. Pics 3 and 4 show the tent! We still have tons to do (decking, rain fly, etc) but we can sleep in it now. It's like being in a big treehouse!

[attach]14167[/attach]

[attach]14168[/attach]

[attach]14169[/attach]

[attach]14170[/attach]

In my neck of the woods, the only thing missing here is a full moon, a bonfire out front, good music and some vittles.

Ok, let me start by saying this whole "thread" thing is hard to keep up with LMAO. I am feeling a little overwhelmed hehe. How do you gals keep up on everything, and do you read/write other threads? By the time I have read something and want to blog I forget what I was thinking. I am sure I will get use to it.

Brandy- I hope that your appointment shed some light on what is going on, I am sure you have been a ball of nerves.

It seems that it is all new territory and like I read before, no two banders are the same or have the same experiences. There is no way of knowing how things will go for you and there isn't a manuel. :sad_smile: Too bad eh.

Tied2BFit, munchkin392, Lap dancer & Mal- tyvm for welcoming me into the thread. Sorry it took so long to get that said. Also ty for the advice and the knowledge. I makes me feel not so alone on this journey (that I have barely begun).

Do all of you live "out of town"? I am currently in Alaska but will be moving back home to Nucla Colorado in July. I was just curious if anyone else lives close. Seems like people far and wide visit Dr. K.

I have my phone consult with him on the 14th of July and I am getting excited. I have been keeping a notebook to keep up with all of the questions rattling around in my head.

Well, I have blabbed on and on. Ty again everyone for welcoming me. There are soooo many groups and threads on here...*head is spinning*

Cheers, Jill

My appt is at 4:30...can't get here soon enough.

I did just drink some Miralax...fingers crossed thats all it is.

Sorry so short, but I have got to get my boy cleaning!