Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I think the letter thing is good, too . . . although when I wrote my mom a letter about some of the things that were bothering me (like saying cruel things about my weight, blaming my son's illness on my parenting!, etc), she completely quit speaking to me and told the rest of the family that it was the meanest letter she has ever read and that I hurt her horribly, etc. It can backfire . . . but sometimes I think you just have to take that chance and see what happens.

Oh My Goodness Mini!

I'm sorry to hear that!

This is true, it can go bad if the person you're writing to decides to not take the letter in the way it was meant! That's unfortunate, but her loss Mini! If you were my daughter, I'd be thrilled. You're such a good person!

Thanks Lifesaver!

I hate dating! It always stressed me too! I recently joined eHarmony again! I have been communicating with 2 really nice guys! Do you do the online dating scene?

I have had some really ugly situations -- so I wonder why I continue, BUT I do. I think I'm a Hopeful Romantic!

I'm sorry about your Dad. I think the suggestion that someone wrote earlier about writing a letter is a good one. And would be a good suggestion for you. I think when we verbalize our thoughts, the other person is listening with their own agenda and not really hearing our words, plus it isn't always easy to say what we need to say.

I love my Mom but she and I have had some rough times. In college, I wrote her a letter about some things that bothered me and it made a big difference. I'm thinking it's time to write another one. My Mom is a good person and she means well, she just sometimes says things that are so hurtful. I honestly do not think she does it on purpose.

Have you thought of writing you Dad a letter?

I'd love to join you all at Olive Garden, BUT I'll be getting a fill and then driving to Vegas!

Have fun!

dee~

Dee,

Dating is so stressful. I am on eharmony too. I took a good long year after my x and I broke up before I got back on the wagon. Good luck to you with your dating adventures. All I know is that it's very brave to be out there and vulnerable.

I like your suggestion of writing my dad a letter. I have never thought of doing that since he is still alive. Maybe that would help me to heal some of my hurts that surround my relationship with him.

A fill before Vegas.....a novel idea! That's because you are very smart!

Dee,

Dating is so stressful. I am on eharmony too. I took a good long year after my x and I broke up before I got back on the wagon. Good luck to you with your dating adventures. All I know is that it's very brave to be out there and vulnerable.

I like your suggestion of writing my dad a letter. I have never thought of doing that since he is still alive. Maybe that would help me to heal some of my hurts that surround my relationship with him.

I was thinking I'd write the letter but not really send it to him. He probably wouldn't get it. Know what I mean?

Beer? Are you thirsty, Brandy?

Not really, but my kids are driving me CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY!!!! Doesn't that count? I think that a shot is more in order than a beer!

Please drink one for me. Or a Smirnoff. Whatever, just have fun!!!

No My Dear Lifesaver!

I think it's because I'm stupid!

I am packing my MIX1 Protein drinks however, since I do those after a fill.

I'm a scarety cat!

I was thinking I'd write the letter but not really send it to him. He probably wouldn't get it. Know what I mean?

That might not be a bad idea. At least it would let you say what you need to say.

Not really, but my kids are driving me CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY!!!! Doesn't that count? I think that a shot is more in order than a beer!

A shot works for me!

I haven't drank any alcohol since surgery! Has anyone had problems with it?

I will meet you at Olive Garden!! Souds fun!!! I will go through some of my old things too...I might have some left!

Your right about Denise, she is smokin' hot!!!

Oh My Goodness Mini!

I'm sorry to hear that!

This is true, it can go bad if the person you're writing to decides to not take the letter in the way it was meant! That's unfortunate, but her loss Mini! If you were my daughter, I'd be thrilled. You're such a good person!

Well, she's a very unhappy person, so I guess I wasn't totally surprised. While it really bothers me that we haven't spoken in a few years, there is also a bit of a sense of relief. Her criticism was really hurtful, and it's been nice to be away from it. It has helped my self esteem quite a bit.

I haven't...but I have to drink REAL slow, otherwise, it does a U-turn and comes right back up!

Have a little somethin' somethin' in Vegas!! And one for me!

So, I'm wondering what the benefit of adding friends are to your profile? Does anyone know? I think I've figured out how to do it, but before i did I wanted to find out if it's worth it? Not sure how you would use it once your friends are added??

Doncha' just love summer? Okay, a beer for dee, and a shot for brandy. Anyone else? Wow, I feel like a cocktail waitress!

Why do parents have to be so hard sometimes? My MIL wrote me a letter several years ago and told me what a B!TCH I am, that her son could have done better, because of all the kids I "trapped" him. ETC...even though were OK now, it still is really difficult because I feel like in that letter her true colors came out and they were UGLY!

A shot works for me!

I haven't drank any alcohol since surgery! Has anyone had problems with it?

OOPS! I posted too slow. A shot for dee as well. And I would love if you were my mom or sister (I don't have one of those either).

I have 6 friends...I have no clue what it is supposed to symbolize. Whatever though. Maybe it is just for fun?!? I saw one girl who had 32. I don't want to pester everyone with "Will you be my friend"? Although, I sent you a request Miss. Lifesaver! :sad: