Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mini: my consult is 3pm Mt. time, 2pm here.

Dee: my surgery is at Crown Point; that's at the hospital in Parker, isn't it? Also, beautiful letter. I wrote one and gave it to my dad about 3 years ago (he was 79 and I was 53). Similar to yours, it recounted all those special moments with him: his teaching me to drive, throw a softball, build model cars, the two of us watching sat. morning cartoons and Yankee baseball games. The memory of the sight of his hands as they covered mine while I sat in his lap and he was teaching me to read when I was 3. I can still see his strong fingers guiding mine along the letters on the page. The effect of the letter on him was more than I expected; not a man to cry, but he did shed tears that day.:biggrin:

Deb,

I love that story!

How sweet! Nothing quite as special as a Father who loves his daughter and takes the time to tend to her needs. Those are some sweet memories! You're a blessed woman!

I have to admit my ex was a good father. He always took extra special care to make sure his daughter was taken care of in a really sweet manner!

That's a wonderful story. I would cry too.

So if Dr. K is operating on me at 1 and talking to you at 3, he must be planning on my surgery going smoooooothhhhh.

Mini!

The surgery usually takes 45 mines. Mine, however took 80 mins! He said it was long and difficult, BUT it wasn't his more difficult or longest! Poor guy!

Dr. K's surgeries always go ssmmmoooottttthhhhhhh....just like beer! HA

Beer? Are you thirsty, Brandy?

Mini!

The surgery usually takes 45 mines. Mine, however took 80 mins! He said it was long and difficult, BUT it wasn't his more difficult or longest! Poor guy!

I just can't believe that 45 minutes will change my life! The best 45 minutes ever! And I've had some pretty great 45 minute increments of time in my life.:sad: I was just adding up a bunch of medical expenses to submit for reimbursement from my flexible spending account. Wow, if I'm able to get off some of my meds and such, my surgery will pay for itself in just a few years. YAYYY!!!

Dr. K's surgeries always go ssmmmoooottttthhhhhhh....just like beer! HA

Mmmmm, a tall, frothy Porter. Yummy. Oh, I should drink one of those soon cuz I won't be able to later!!!

I just can't believe that 45 minutes will change my life! The best 45 minutes ever! And I've had some pretty great 45 minute increments of time in my life.:sad: I was just adding up a bunch of medical expenses to submit for reimbursement from my flexible spending account. Wow, if I'm able to get off some of my meds and such, my surgery will pay for itself in just a few years. YAYYY!!!

Isn't it great!

I had a rather lengthy discussion with someone on OH about a lady who's weight was 4.4lbs under the required weight to get approval for the Band. The approval BMI was 40, regardless of any co-morbidities or anything else. Everyone was telling this woman to eat a big meal, drink a bunch of Water or wear weights in her bra before going for the final weigh in. She had been sick and that's why she lost the 4.4 lbs. Anyway, this other person thought that was the most unethical thing she ever heard of. This other person and I discussesd this and I informed her that insurances don't always look at all angles. They make rules and there is no grey areas. I added that I paid for my surgery AND now off all of my meds -- 4 months later -- and now the insurance will be saving $4800.00 a year in med costs and lab fees etc... I did that favor for my insurance, the same insurance that refused to pay for my Band surgery!

My savings every year will be about $2000. Not to mention all of the other benefits to me!!!! The Lap Band is well worth the money!

Mmmmm, a tall, frothy Porter. Yummy. Oh, I should drink one of those soon cuz I won't be able to later!!!

Yes you should and when you get a chance, ask John about his Beer confusion and Dr. K's response.

It wasn't pretty!

My answer is just don't do it during your pre-op diet! Do it now!

with some really good dry roasted peanuts!

OH! I wish I could have a Smirnoff Ice (sp?)

NOW I'm thirsty Brandy!

Isn't it great!

I had a rather lengthy discussion with someone on OH about a lady who's weight was 4.4lbs under the required weight to get approval for the Band. The approval BMI was 40, regardless of any co-morbidities or anything else. Everyone was telling this woman to eat a big meal, drink a bunch of Water or wear weights in her bra before going for the final weigh in. She had been sick and that's why she lost the 4.4 lbs. Anyway, this other person thought that was the most unethical thing she ever heard of. This other person and I discussesd this and I informed her that insurances don't always look at all angles. They make rules and there is no grey areas. I added that I paid for my surgery AND now off all of my meds -- 4 months later -- and now the insurance will be saving $4800.00 a year in med costs and lab fees etc... I did that favor for my insurance, the same insurance that refused to pay for my Band surgery!

My savings every year will be about $2000. Not to mention all of the other benefits to me!!!! The Lap Band is well worth the money!

Oh, yes. My insurance company can kiss my fat (soon to be scrawny) butt. This will save them sooooo much money every year, not to mention the escalating expenses as years go by. A surgeon that I talked to here said that many of them state that, since the average person only stays with one insurance company for three years, they don't ever reap the benefits. What crap.

Yes you should and when you get a chance, ask John about his Beer confusion and Dr. K's response.

It wasn't pretty!

My answer is just don't do it during your pre-op diet! Do it now!

with some really good dry roasted peanuts!

OH! I wish I could have a Smirnoff Ice (sp?)

NOW I'm thirsty Brandy!

mmmm, smirnoff ice. Nummy!

Yes, I think a beer is in order. What a fab idea on a hot, hot afternoon.:sad:

mmmm, smirnoff ice. Nummy!

Yes, I think a beer is in order. What a fab idea on a hot, hot afternoon.:sad:

Can you drink one for me? Pretty Please?

Bandito Goal ----1st week--2nd week--3rd Week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6lbs-7.0lbs-1.0lb:wub:(16.6)

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0:wub:(14.0)

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7lbs+2.0:wub:(16.8)

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0lbs-4.0lbs+1.0:wub:(15.0)

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8lbs-2.0lbs:wub:(10.2)

LA = 23lbs+1.0lb-1.0lb-3.0:wub:(18.0)

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0lbs+1.5lbs:wub:(11.5)

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0lbs-5.4lbs-1.7lbs:wub:(16.9)

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5lbs:wub:(16.9)

Amieru = 20lbs-2lbs-5.0lbs+2.0:wub:(15.0)

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5lbs+1.5lbs-3.0lbs:wub:(14.0)

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0lb-1.5lbs:thumbup:

John T = 15lbs-2.0lbs+0.0lbs:thumbup:

bahotmamma = 20 lbs -1.5lbs-1.0lbs-2.0:wub:(15.5)

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Okay Lifesave and JT, let us know your numbers!

Everyone did great! Don't worry if you gained a little, it happens - we gain Water weight sometimes, but it will come down next week. Stick with the basics, stay away from the enemies like, Mr. Tortilla chips, Miss Cherry Pepsi, Mr. M&M's -- (the chips are my enemies!)

Remember this is a lifestyle change.... a lifelong journey.

You're not alone!

For some strange reason I forgot to weigh in this weekend :-) It might have something to do with me not being a very good girl lately. I will weigh tomorrow and post results.

I went on a first date this weekend and that always completely stresses me out. I think dating is torture! BTW....the guy was not for me. Nice, but not for me.

Fathers Day is always really weird for me too. I don't have a relationship with my dad, so I never quite know how to emotionally process that part of my life when the big day comes around. He is a very stern man that is extremely hard to be around or talk to at all. The opposite of my mom who is unconditionally loving. I'm so worried that I will be filled with regret when he passes on, but I don't know how to have a relationship with him.

Bahotmomma and I are meeting for lunch at noon on Thursday at the Olive Garden at Northfield/Stapleton if anyone wants to join us. We are doing a clothes hand off. She is so skinny now she doesnt need her 14s and 16's anymore, which is where I'm at. If anyone is nearby and wants to hook up, let us know.

Thanks for listening peeps.

Can you drink one for me? Pretty Please?

Sure! Anybody else? It's asking a lot, but I'm willing to drink more one for each of you if that's what you need. Anything for my team!!

For some strange reason I forgot to weigh in this weekend :-) It might have something to do with me not being a very good girl lately. I will weigh tomorrow and post results.

I went on a first date this weekend and that always completely stresses me out. I think dating is torture! BTW....the guy was not for me. Nice, but not for me.

Fathers Day is always really weird for me too. I don't have a relationship with my dad, so I never quite know how to emotionally process that part of my life when the big day comes around. He is a very stern man that is extremely hard to be around or talk to at all. The opposite of my mom who is unconditionally loving. I'm so worried that I will be filled with regret when he passes on, but I don't know how to have a relationship with him.

Bahotmomma and I are meeting for lunch at noon on Thursday at the Olive Garden at Northfield/Stapleton if anyone wants to join us. We are doing a clothes hand off. She is so skinny now she doesnt need her 14s and 16's anymore, which is where I'm at. If anyone is nearby and wants to hook up, let us know.

Thanks for listening peeps.

Thanks Lifesaver!

I hate dating! It always stressed me too! I recently joined eHarmony again! I have been communicating with 2 really nice guys! Do you do the online dating scene?

I have had some really ugly situations -- so I wonder why I continue, BUT I do. I think I'm a Hopeful Romantic!

I'm sorry about your Dad. I think the suggestion that someone wrote earlier about writing a letter is a good one. And would be a good suggestion for you. I think when we verbalize our thoughts, the other person is listening with their own agenda and not really hearing our words, plus it isn't always easy to say what we need to say.

I love my Mom but she and I have had some rough times. In college, I wrote her a letter about some things that bothered me and it made a big difference. I'm thinking it's time to write another one. My Mom is a good person and she means well, she just sometimes says things that are so hurtful. I honestly do not think she does it on purpose.

Have you thought of writing you Dad a letter?

I'd love to join you all at Olive Garden, BUT I'll be getting a fill and then driving to Vegas!

Have fun!

dee~

Thanks Lifesaver!

I hate dating! It always stressed me too! I recently joined eHarmony again! I have been communicating with 2 really nice guys! Do you do the online dating scene?

I have had some really ugly situations -- so I wonder why I continue, BUT I do. I think I'm a Hopeful Romantic!

I'm sorry about your Dad. I think the suggestion that someone wrote earlier about writing a letter is a good one. And would be a good suggestion for you. I think when we verbalize our thoughts, the other person is listening with their own agenda and not really hearing our words, plus it isn't always easy to say what we need to say.

I love my Mom but she and I have had some rough times. In college, I wrote her a letter about some things that bothered me and it made a big difference. I'm thinking it's time to write another one. My Mom is a good person and she means well, she just sometimes says things that are so hurtful. I honestly do not think she does it on purpose.

Have you thought of writing you Dad a letter?

I'd love to join you all at Olive Garden, BUT I'll be getting a fill and then driving to Vegas!

Have fun!

dee~

I think the letter thing is good, too . . . although when I wrote my mom a letter about some of the things that were bothering me (like saying cruel things about my weight, blaming my son's illness on my parenting!, etc), she completely quit speaking to me and told the rest of the family that it was the meanest letter she has ever read and that I hurt her horribly, etc. It can backfire . . . but sometimes I think you just have to take that chance and see what happens.