Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

:behindsofa: He'll forgive you when he's all better. They have big hearts and short memories.

awww, thanks

Mal: Aww...what a cute guy! The pix under my name is my JRT Dollie playing UNO. She is 16 and a hoot.

Dee: Thanks so much for the list for us newbies. Those are important items to remember. The drinking part will be difficult for me. I drink a quart of Water easily with each meal. It will be tough.

I agree with Mini. This site is great! I already feel as if the journey has begun and I haven't had my consult yet!! I have the plane tickets, the hotel room, the loan, the rental car.....and, most important, a POSITIVE ATTITUDE thanks to the people on this thread!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!:behindsofa::grouphug:

What a cutie pie! Look at those eyes!

Mal, I think the big picture is best, because you can see his sweet little eyes! He's an adorable Baby and I can see why you love him so much! thanks for sharing his picture!

Love,

dee~

Mal: Aww...what a cute guy! The pix under my name is my JRT Dollie playing UNO. She is 16 and a hoot.

Dee: Thanks so much for the list for us newbies. Those are important items to remember. The drinking part will be difficult for me. I drink a quart of Water easily with each meal. It will be tough.

I agree with Mini. This site is great! I already feel as if the journey has begun and I haven't had my consult yet!! I have the plane tickets, the hotel room, the loan, the rental car.....and, most important, a POSITIVE ATTITUDE thanks to the people on this thread!

Playing UNO! That is hilarious! Dogs are the best! My dad just adopted a JRT last week. I think that is how Buster got sick, I just had to take Buster over to meet Tofu. Tofu was rescued from a shelter and had kennel cough (I should have known better). I was such a mess yesterday, I don't remember exactly what the vet said Buster had??? She said that normally they don't run fever with KC and they don't lose their appetite or activity levels. They did x-rays and I do remember her saying his lungs were clear, no pnemonia. I just want him feeling better.

Mal, I think the big picture is best, because you can see his sweet little eyes! He's an adorable Baby and I can see why you love him so much! thanks for sharing his picture!

Love,

dee~

Thanks Dee!

Aaahh, poor Buster! Bless his bones. He is such a cute boy and I'm sorry he's feeling so bad. Hopefully, he'll be on the mend in no time with mom's TLC.

Mini, that it so cool about the documentary! I look forward to seeing that!

Lap, so glad to hear that baby Clara and her mom are ok. This last trimester in the TX heat has got to be bad enough, but add a kidney infection on top of it and I know she's miserable.

Dee, I think #6 was my biggest challenge and also the most helpful practice for me. Eating slowly was a huge, huge learning process. You helped me with that one after my last fill, remember? I mentally count through my meals and it makes all the difference in the world.

I've got to cook supper for the boys now, so I'll sign off here. Have a great evening, everyone.

Dee-my coworker still insists I am not adorable, especially "not at 4 in the morning" in her words! :behindsofa:

Mal-I am so sorry about little man Buster!! I know how much you love him! Bailey had 5 seizures in an hour last Tuesday and I was beside myself! He had to spend the night at the vet for the first time since he was a puppy, and it just wasn't the same here without him. I agree, Buster will thank you for it when he feels better. On some level he knows you are trying to help him. He just feels like poo right now! Tell him the lab/mastiff crew said to hang in there!

Mini-that is very cool about your documentary! May I be nosy and ask what your sons diagnosis is? When I started nursing school, I wanted to specialize in mental health nursing, so I am always interested in these things. I love that they have programs like the one your son goes to. We have a few of them here and they really help people. Unfortunately, we also have a lot of people fall through the cracks of the system here also. Have you read the book "Crazy: A Fathers Search Through Americas Mental Health Madness"? Great book. I highly recommend it. (BTW, if I am being too nosy just tell me to buzz off!)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday! The weather has finally been nice here today. All last week it rained. It was sunny and low 80's here, the dogs have been loving it. They have all been lounging in the yard in the sun. Aahh, it's a dogs life for sure!

HI!! Well, I'm pretty sure I'll make it tomorrow! Woo hoo! Its supposed to be stormy (whats up with that?) but I think I'll give rain a chance...although I've probably jinxed the evening!:behindsofa:

And...my inlaws are sending me a Wii Fit for our anniversary present! Yay! Its supposed to come home with Grandma on Thursday! Exercise, here I come! (mixed feelings here :grouphug:)

Mal~Sorry about Buster. He'll be okay. I don't think I've ever gotten a pet from the Humane Society or the Pound that didnt have kc. Is Tofu doing okay? Did you know cats get it too? I know there's no pet that could ever be better cared for than yours! Is he starting to perk up any?

Well, you'll never believe what I am going to do. I had to pull an amoire (sp?) out of my closet to sell as a set with the guest room furniture. And my Hubby looked over and asked me if anything in the closet even fit me anymore. I had to say no. He wanted to know why I still had it all. And, to be honest, I'm not sure. I guess I feel like I'll need them again someday. :thumbup: (its that super cheap and paranoid side of me!) So...I'm going to clean out all my oversized clothes. I really am this time. And I'm not even going to put them in storage. A lot of it is quite old and very worn, but some of it isn't. Maybe I'll get it together to bring tomorrow night? (hopefully) I think that most of it is a Size 3X. Can anyone who is coming use them? Just a thought. If not, I guess I'll hold on to them until they have another clothing exchange at the office.

Sorry so long~ feeling a little weird about things...I guess since things have slowed up so much over the last couple of months. (I'm sure its because of me making bad choices, not the band)

Talk to you soon! :biggrin2:

Dee-my coworker still insists I am not adorable, especially "not at 4 in the morning" in her words! :behindsofa:

Mal-I am so sorry about little man Buster!! I know how much you love him! Bailey had 5 seizures in an hour last Tuesday and I was beside myself! He had to spend the night at the vet for the first time since he was a puppy, and it just wasn't the same here without him. I agree, Buster will thank you for it when he feels better. On some level he knows you are trying to help him. He just feels like poo right now! Tell him the lab/mastiff crew said to hang in there!

Mini-that is very cool about your documentary! May I be nosy and ask what your sons diagnosis is? When I started nursing school, I wanted to specialize in mental health nursing, so I am always interested in these things. I love that they have programs like the one your son goes to. We have a few of them here and they really help people. Unfortunately, we also have a lot of people fall through the cracks of the system here also. Have you read the book "Crazy: A Fathers Search Through Americas Mental Health Madness"? Great book. I highly recommend it. (BTW, if I am being too nosy just tell me to buzz off!)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday! The weather has finally been nice here today. All last week it rained. It was sunny and low 80's here, the dogs have been loving it. They have all been lounging in the yard in the sun. Aahh, it's a dogs life for sure!

Hi Munchkin. Not too nosy at all. He has paranoid schizophrenia. He believes that he is "an enemy of the state" and thinks that helicopters follow him whenever he leaves the house, etc. He hears voices quite a bit and all the other awful stuff that goes along with it. He does quite well on his meds as long as he has a routine and little to no stress. He's had a tough time though . . . addiction, a year in jail, a stint living in the homeless shelter. Yes, I've read Pete Earley's book and it was heart breaking and soooo accurate. We are looking at bringing him (Pete Earley) to our campus to speak next year (if we can afford him) as we are introducing a segment on mental illness into our campus wide diversity activities.

We have some decent services here for the mentally ill, and the Clubhouse is a real godsend. It's one of only 10 worldwide that serves as a training base for other cities hoping to establish a Clubhouse program. It's the one place my son can go where he feels completely safe. He even claims that the voices he hears at the Clubhouse are nice!

Sorry about your doggie . . . is he okay?

HI!! Well, I'm pretty sure I'll make it tomorrow! Woo hoo! Its supposed to be stormy (whats up with that?) but I think I'll give rain a chance...although I've probably jinxed the evening!:behindsofa:

And...my inlaws are sending me a Wii Fit for our anniversary present! Yay! Its supposed to come home with Grandma on Thursday! Exercise, here I come! (mixed feelings here :grouphug:)

Mal~Sorry about Buster. He'll be okay. I don't think I've ever gotten a pet from the Humane Society or the Pound that didnt have kc. Is Tofu doing okay? Did you know cats get it too? I know there's no pet that could ever be better cared for than yours! Is he starting to perk up any?

Well, you'll never believe what I am going to do. I had to pull an amoire (sp?) out of my closet to sell as a set with the guest room furniture. And my Hubby looked over and asked me if anything in the closet even fit me anymore. I had to say no. He wanted to know why I still had it all. And, to be honest, I'm not sure. I guess I feel like I'll need them again someday. :thumbup: (its that super cheap and paranoid side of me!) So...I'm going to clean out all my oversized clothes. I really am this time. And I'm not even going to put them in storage. A lot of it is quite old and very worn, but some of it isn't. Maybe I'll get it together to bring tomorrow night? (hopefully) I think that most of it is a Size 3X. Can anyone who is coming use them? Just a thought. If not, I guess I'll hold on to them until they have another clothing exchange at the office.

Sorry so long~ feeling a little weird about things...I guess since things have slowed up so much over the last couple of months. (I'm sure its because of me making bad choices, not the band)

You just get rid of those clothes. You are NEVER going to need them again. This isn't like all that dieting pre-band . . . this time it's gone for good. NO MORE FAT CLOTHES HIDING IN THE CLOSET!!!!:thumbup:

Hey Anita!

I can't wait to see you!

I can use the 3xl's.... if you wanna share!

Or else, I think Mini will come and get you! It sounds like she's pretty Anti-fat clothes!

I'm a little scared!

Hi Munchkin. Not too nosy at all. He has paranoid schizophrenia. He believes that he is "an enemy of the state" and thinks that helicopters follow him whenever he leaves the house, etc. He hears voices quite a bit and all the other awful stuff that goes along with it. He does quite well on his meds as long as he has a routine and little to no stress. He's had a tough time though . . . addiction, a year in jail, a stint living in the homeless shelter. Yes, I've read Pete Earley's book and it was heart breaking and soooo accurate. We are looking at bringing him (Pete Earley) to our campus to speak next year (if we can afford him) as we are introducing a segment on mental illness into our campus wide diversity activities.

We have some decent services here for the mentally ill, and the Clubhouse is a real godsend. It's one of only 10 worldwide that serves as a training base for other cities hoping to establish a Clubhouse program. It's the one place my son can go where he feels completely safe. He even claims that the voices he hears at the Clubhouse are nice!

Sorry about your doggie . . . is he okay?

Bless You Mini!

You and your husband have been through a lot with your Son. My heart goes out to parents who have to deal with children who have problems like your Son's. I'm sure it takes a lot of patience and love. I'm also sure you're pushed to your limits many times. He's lucky to have you in his corner. I hope you know how valuable you are to him.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I just have one question Deb, when she's playing UNO and she gets a DRAW FOUR card, does she get angry and try to reverse the game so that she can pass the favor back?

I love UNO and if I had a dog who played it with me, I'd be one happy girl!

Edited by Tied2BFit
I said that Dollie was a "he" Sorry Dollie!