Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Good evening everyone! (Well, good morning I guess, I am at work and didn't realize what time it was!)

Fatwidow-Honestly, if I could do it over again, I would have stayed another day at the hotel before flying home. Although, if I recall, the third day was also the worst for me as far as pain also, so maybe it was a good thing I went home when I did. The only problem I really had when I flew home was walking through the airport-my flight was at what seemed like the furthest possible gate, and all the walking killed my stomach as it was very sore. And I was completely wiped out by the time I finally made it home. Yes, Dr.K knew I would be staying at the hotel by myself, but he does not usually want people to do that. I don't know if he was ok with it because I am an ICU nurse (nurse heal thyself?) or because he knew I was in touch with Dee. Talk to him about it when you have your phone call with him.

Dee-my coworker is sitting here laughing about you saying I was adorable when you picked me up after surgery- she said I must have still been under the effects of the anesthesia when you picked me up because she swears I am not usually adorable!:tongue2:

Tell your co-worker that Marty and I thought you were just adorable! Marty still asks about you! You were very sweet! I am sure I wasn't closet to being very sweet post-op. I was like Lifesaver, I was in a lot of pain and I was so nauseated! My friend was looking for a emesis basin for me and I told her, "I cannot throw up!" The Recovery nurse was excellent in giving me something before I left the PACU. I don't do well with anesthesia, but I did not throw up and I credit the meds with that. Don't hesitate to take those meds!

John and Mal came to visit me the night of my surgery while I was in the hospital. I had to stay the night since I have the family history of Malignant Hyperthermia. I see the nurse all of the time who was my nurse that first night. She's so sweet and I felt she was one of the best Med/Surg. nurses I had ever had! Her and the tech were so attentive to me! It felt like I was the only patient on the unit. And that poor girl had 8 others! I do not know how she did it!

I agree with Marcy and Lifesaver, -- Mini, Fatwidow and Deb, if you can stay one extra day, I'd do it. BUT like Munchkin says the third day is the most uncomfortable for some reason. I didn't have any gas pains. I was all ready with my gas-x dissolving tabs, but never had to use them.

Well, I gotta get out of bed and ride that bike of mine! I'm working today!

Hugs everyone!

Love,

dee~

Made it back from the beach in one piece -- and brought 2 extra pounds with me! Boo Hiss. Put me down for a 2 pound gain this week, Dee. :smile:. I am not really surprised though. I ate pizza and Klondike bars and Cheetos -- insanity, I tell ya. I PB'd TWICE. I'm back on the band wagon starting today -- no salt, no sugar.

Munchkin -- To start over with a ticker, click on your current ticker which will take you to the Ticker Factory page. Click on the "create a new ticker" link on the right. Then on the next page, go to middle of the page, left side, and click on the "Weight Loss' link. That should get you going on a new ticker.

I've read all the many posts that you've done while I've been gone. Congrats to everyone on the fabulous losses this week. Yowza!!! For my fellow gainers -- we'll be on the losing side this week for sure.

Congrats to those who have new surgery dates! You'll do great and it is SO worth the investment in your health. If you can stay an extra day, do it. I wish I had -- not so much because I needed to but because I didn't really see any of Denver. But if you're traveling alone, especially if you have any plane changes, make sure you stay that extra day to ensure you'e up for the challenge of the trip home.

Welcome Bikini -- we're glad you've found us and Dr. K!

It is going to be HOT (and not a dry heat!) here today -- up to 98 degrees. I am glowing.

:tongue2:

We had a good weekend at the beach. Weather was beautiful, Water was warm, but the fish weren't biting. My dog, Barkley (black lab, unsure of his age but he's more than 10, closer to 13 or so -- he was a rescue) did great at the beach -- stayed in his beach tent drinking his bottled water most of the time, with occasional swims. No major meltdowns from either child and didn't have to take the hub to the ER. Mom didn't take a Valium. though I wish I had had one on the trip home -- Mini, I'm with you -- I no longer do well in a car on the interstate, if I'm driving or not!

Happy week everyone, ya bunch of losers!

Hi Shelbi and Munchkin~

I've been bad this last weekend too. We ate out too many times!

So today I'm starting over!

Don't worry about the gain Shelbi, you can hop back on the Bandwagon and get back on the road. I'll reach down and give you a hand up - if you reach across and give me one!

I'm going to do the 30/30/40 plan. I started this morning!

So far so good!

I love that the Band is forgiving, it is a tool we can use to start new each time - we fall.

A new day for all of us!

hugs,

dee~:tongue2:

I honestly am not doing anything different...maybe upped my H2O to make sure everything is being flushed out.

Plus, I am working out. I don't eat BEFORE working out and make sure I am staying hydrated. Also, I don't eat AFTER working out UNLESS I NEED IT. I am getting into the habbit of not telling myself "well, I burned calories today, so I can have it"

Last night, I did horrible. Had friends over, ate to much, including FRIED ICE CREAM!!! ACK

So, as you can see, I am far, far, FAR from perfect!!!

Shelbi~

You will lose your 2 pounds like nothing flat! Your a good bandster and will do just fine!

Enjoy your memories!

Dee~

You so sweet...I can't wait to see you! Wednesday, right???

I can't wait to see you on Wednesday too!

I hope a lot of us can come! I would love to get a great picture of all of us Banders!

Just a friendly reminder!:tongue2:

Red Robin Gathering on

Wednesday,

June 11th @ 7pm!

I-25 and Arapahoe!

Bring your cameras, bring your support and bring your pretty faces!:smile:

I wish my plane got in earlier on Wednesday night so I could join you at Red Robin. I think I get in around 8:30. I'll be thinking about you.

Brandy - I'll be looking for you Thursday morning. I bet I can identify you with your description of yourself but especially with your girls. I have short brown hair.< /p>

Lifesaver - thank you for your personal story of the time between surgery and a fill. I needed that encouragement to stay the course and that I will start losing!

You guys are the best.

I wish I could come but it's a bit too far to drive for dinner. Looking forward to seeing pics of everyone though!

Shelbi- I hope you enjoyed every ounce of that two pounds. How fun to go to the beach!

When you guys talk about staying an extra day, do you mean a 4th day? I have someone traveling with me. My preop is Tues afternoon; my procedure is 11 on Wed. morning; and I don't leave until afternoon on Thursday so that I can check with dr. in the morning. Hopefully that will work since I can't change my tickets! Thankfully no plane changes!

I applied for my loan today; should know in about 10 days.

Hi all... short and sweet here. I am frustrated about the amounts I can eat. I really need a fill. I am not making good choices right now and the scale is reflecting it.

I an back where I started for the initial weigh in on the challenge. So I am minus 1 pound for this week, but up several from my Thursday weigh in.

I need to stop weighing myself daily. It is starting to get to me. Up down, up down. I need a fill! grrrrrr.....

When you guys talk about staying an extra day, do you mean a 4th day? I have someone traveling with me. My preop is Tues afternoon; my procedure is 11 on Wed. morning; and I don't leave until afternoon on Thursday so that I can check with dr. in the morning. Hopefully that will work since I can't change my tickets! Thankfully no plane changes!

I applied for my loan today; should know in about 10 days.

Hi Deb. Well, my preop is also on a Tues afternoon and then my procedure is Wed afternoon so I decided to stay until Friday morning. I'm sure you'll be fine though. I just wanted to be able to rest on Thursday.