Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Sorry, can someone give me the address to the consult? I am confused if I should be going to Aurora or Parker?

Thanks darlin's!

Bikini,

Do you know where The Medical Center of Aurora is?

It's off of Potamac. Near Mississippi and 225.

Dee, how did your fill go? Everything okay? I'm still sitting by the phone waiting to hear from Dr. K. He was supposed to call an hour ago ...

Dee, how did your fill go? Everything okay? I'm still sitting by the phone waiting to hear from Dr. K. He was supposed to call an hour ago ...

Thanks Mini for asking. My fill went fine. I think his PA's name is Tom and he was the one who did the fill. He's very gentle and very nice!

I only got .25mls and I think it's perfect. We will see. I didn't eat before I went, just had 1/2 of my Protein Drink with me med and vits this morning before riding my bike, the office was running a little late, so I didn't get out of there unti after 1030. I had to meet my realtor by the airport, so I didn't get to get anything to eat. I was going to get some Soup. Anyway, I finally got home around 4 and ate some soup. It was about 1/2 c. and it went down fine.

As I mentioned, they were really busy and that might be the reason your call is running late. Good Luck Dear... don't be nervous! He's really nice and he won't bite! AT least not over the phone!:lol:

Hugs,

dee~

Thanks Mini for asking. My fill went fine. I think his PA's name is Tom and he was the one who did the fill. He's very gentle and very nice!

I only got .25mls and I think it's perfect. We will see. I didn't eat before I went, just had 1/2 of my Protein drink with me med and vits this morning before riding my bike, the office was running a little late, so I didn't get out of there unti after 1030. I had to meet my realtor by the airport, so I didn't get to get anything to eat. I was going to get some Soup. Anyway, I finally got home around 4 and ate some soup. It was about 1/2 c. and it went down fine.

As I mentioned, they were really busy and that might be the reason your call is running late. Good Luck Dear... don't be nervous! He's really nice and he won't bite! AT least not over the phone!:thumbup:

Hugs,

dee~

Oh good, I'm glad your fill went well and that Tom is a nice guy. How soon will you know if the fill is right? That's something I've been thinking about with regard to coming from out of town for fills . . .

Well, I'm still waiting. Not sure what to do at this point. I called the office but just got the messagin system confused.giffrown.gifeek.gif

I am so tired of being depressed. I was feeling pretty well yesterday. This morning was okay. But this afternoon, it was all I could do to keep from crying! It seems I am on the verge of tears most of the time lately. I read that it can have something to do with hormones and weight loss.

Okay, enough about me! let's talk about something pleasant!

Brandy, don't let a little mess up here and there make you upset with yourself. Just climb back on the Bandwagon and get back on track. You can do it. The challenge is at stake.

Or Steak! A nice juicy steak! Sorry!

Let us know if you find a Wii. I can't believe they have run out already! It must be something really special... just like those "Tickle Me Elmo's":confused2:

Mal, Thanks for the clothes! Natalie has saved some things from you, for me! Thanks a lot! And I Love you too!

If this depression doesn't stop, I'll be the worst Funeral Director ever! My Goodness, I'd be fired! I looked into the program at ACC. I can go part-time for 6 semesters and get my degree. I love school! I could become a professional student easily. I got a very tiny fill... .25ml.

I hope it works! I tried to get extra for you, but my tummy wouldn't do it! Sorry!

Shelbi, let us know how your husband's test went.

Dee, have you talked to someone about your depression? Sorry, not trying to be nosy, but I have a doctorate in cognitive neuroscience (a branch of psychology) and have also dealt with depression in my own life for years. The brain is a complicated organ, and not something you can easily fix on your own. You're such a lovely woman, and you shouldn't have to suffer. Just my two cents.

PS for Dee - the secret to being a life-long student is to become a professor. Have you ever thought of becoming a Nurse Educator???

Dee, have you talked to someone about your depression? Sorry, not trying to be nosy, but I have a doctorate in cognitive neuroscience (a branch of psychology) and have also dealt with depression in my own life for years. The brain is a complicated organ, and not something you can easily fix on your own. You're such a lovely woman, and you shouldn't have to suffer. Just my two cents.

Thanks Mini for your 2 cents.

First of all, did you hear from Dr. K's office? I know they've just been crazy busy.

I haven't talked to anyone about my depression. I really thought it had something to do with PMS and my weight loss. I see my primary doctor next Friday and I'll talk to him about it.

It's really not me. I have never dealt with depression, unless it's been surrounding an event in my life, i.e. my divorce, the death of my father. I'm truly a happy person at my core.

I have thought about being a Nurse Educator. I have recently looked into Regis University and their MSN. I'd love to teach. I taught school in Haiti in 1982.

Thanks Mini for your 2 cents.

First of all, did you hear from Dr. K's office? I know they've just been crazy busy.

I haven't talked to anyone about my depression. I really thought it had something to do with PMS and my weight loss. I see my primary doctor next Friday and I'll talk to him about it.

It's really not me. I have never dealt with depression, unless it's been surrounding an event in my life, i.e. my divorce, the death of my father. I'm truly a happy person at my core.

I have thought about being a Nurse Educator. I have recently looked into Regis University and their MSN. I'd love to teach. I taught school in Haiti in 1982.

Natalie finally emailed me about 7:30 and said that she didn't know what happened and that she'd call me in the morning.

I think the weight loss and hormone thing could definitely play a role in depression. I used to have way more problems before I had a hysterectomy. And I had really severe PMS. Honestly, having a hysterectomy was the best thing that ever happened to me! And I think getting banded will be even better! Maybe your hormones are way out of whack with the weight loss. You really should mention it to your doc. Maybe there is something he can do to help.

We have a nursing educator program at my college. The hospitals here are so desperate for nurses (as they are everywhere) and a huge part of the problem is a lack of teachers. We received a large grant from Intermountain Health Care to start a program. You're such a nurturing person . . . you'd probably be a fabulous teacher! What were you doing in Haiti? Were you in the Peace Corps?

Natalie finally emailed me about 7:30 and said that she didn't know what happened and that she'd call me in the morning.

I think the weight loss and hormone thing could definitely play a role in depression. I used to have way more problems before I had a hysterectomy. And I had really severe PMS. Honestly, having a hysterectomy was the best thing that ever happened to me! And I think getting banded will be even better! Maybe your hormones are way out of whack with the weight loss. You really should mention it to your doc. Maybe there is something he can do to help.

We have a nursing educator program at my college. The hospitals here are so desperate for nurses (as they are everywhere) and a huge part of the problem is a lack of teachers. We received a large grant from Intermountain Health Care to start a program. You're such a nurturing person . . . you'd probably be a fabulous teacher! What were you doing in Haiti? Were you in the Peace Corps?

I'm so glad Natalie called you! She's the best! She's the best part of going to Dr. K's office!

I do love teaching! I taught a class at the hospital last week and I loved it. I always love it!

I went to Haiti as a Missionary when I was 19 years old and taught 1st thru 3rd grade and English as a Second Language. I loved it! I would love to go to a foreign country and teach again. When I graduated in 1985 from college, I was offered a job in Pusan Korea to direct a language school. Instead, I got married and worked as a Juvenile Probation officer. Can you imagine me, as a JPO? Where do you live Mini? I know the hospital where I work has a good scholarship program too, but I'm not sure how much they'd pay for me to get my masters.

Tonight, we went to the mall. It was nice to just walk around. I used to never like the mall because my knees and feet hurt so bad. Now, I love it. I think that's a nice NSV - being able to enjoy the mall.

I'm so glad Natalie called you! She's the best! She's the best part of going to Dr. K's office!

I do love teaching! I taught a class at the hospital last week and I loved it. I always love it!

I went to Haiti as a Missionary when I was 19 years old and taught 1st thru 3rd grade and English as a Second Language. I loved it! I would love to go to a foreign country and teach again. When I graduated in 1985 from college, I was offered a job in Pusan Korea to direct a language school. Instead, I got married and worked as a Juvenile Probation officer. Can you imagine me, as a JPO? Where do you live Mini? I know the hospital where I work has a good scholarship program too, but I'm not sure how much they'd pay for me to get my masters.

Tonight, we went to the mall. It was nice to just walk around. I used to never like the mall because my knees and feet hurt so bad. Now, I love it. I think that's a nice NSV - being able to enjoy the mall.

Wow, that's amazing that you went to Haiti at 19. I wish all young people had a chance to visit other parts of the world before settling down. There's no substitute for experience. It would have been great for you to go to Korea, but I'm sure that being a JPO played a role in shaping who you are, yes?

I live in Salt Lake and teach at a small, private college (2500 students). I love love love my job. I love the students, I love the atmosphere, I love that I continue to learn every single day. I'm my own boss (more or less) and I run my classroom however I see fit. And I feel like it keeps me young . . . or at least I like to tell myself so :thumbup::biggrin:

PS- How fun that you enjoyed the mall! I can't wait until I can walk around without my heels hurting and my knees aching. And I want to wear cute shoes while I walk around! YAY FOR CUTE SHOES!!

I used to be such a shoe hound! I love shoes! High heels, short heels, anything! I love them! My shoes are getting loose on me now. I can't wait til I can wear some cute shoes. I bought two pairs of leather pumps. One deep purple and one black -- about 4 inch heels. I'm in love with sexy shoes!

My days in Haiti made me appreciate my life here in the States. I fell in love with the Haitian people. So patient, so sweet, so grateful for anything and so pleasant! Haiti is a beautiful country and the people are beautiful people!

My dream job when I graduated would have been a Woman's Dean.

My initial degree is in Social Work/Counseling/Theology (I had a triple major) with an Associates in Psyc. I returned to school 5 years later and got my nursing degree. I always wanted to be a nurse, but didn't think I was smart enough. I was told when I was in the 3rd grade, "you're too dumb to be a nurse, they don't have stupid nurses." I always remembered that. It wasn't until I was 26 years old and had completed 3 Bachelor and 1 Associate degrees that I realized I could do anything I put my mind to.

The words we say to our loved ones remain in their memories forever. Words are powerful.

Well I made my goal and lost 2 pounds this week. I am pretty stoked about that. (No worries... I will do my 10 week challenge weigh in on Saturday! :thumbup:)

I am still not restricted and can eat pretty much anything. A bit frustrating. I am going to have to be really careful about what I eat until my fill in July so I can continue to lose and not re-gain.

So my goal for this week is to do the low carb pre-op diet. I dropped 20 in a month on that diet and I know it will help me reach my 10 week challenge goal.

So…. this weeks goals are…

• continue 5k training & swimming
  • low carb diet
  • lose 2 pounds

dee!!!! Purple pumps!!! DAYUM!! That's some sexy stuff!! Will you wear them with a purple boa? :thumbup::wink:

Adorkable, you're doing great. 2 pounds a weeks is awesome. And the pics you posted were fab! How many fills have you had? Did you have restriction for awhile? Or???