Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi Green-Sister!

Certainly do your measurements this weekend. It has really helped me know that I have lost inches even if the scale hasn't moved for me.

I'm glad you're reading my blog. It's been so cathartic for me.

Anita!

The long lost Bandito! I really missed you and Mal and Michelle! Where is Mal and Michelle? I hope Michelle's silence means things are really wonderful and she's just falling madly in love -- more and more with each passing day! AND I hope that Mal is doing okay!

Sounds like you're doing great! I bet that was a battle to lose those 10lbs that you had gained! My weight is a mess. It literally goes up and down. I finally decided to only weigh on Tuesdays and post my weight on my Excel Spreadsheet.

I wish I had a nice break during the summer! I'm really struggling with what I should do with my life. I love being a nurse and I have given it my 100%. I have had the goal of going to Physician Assistant's school for about 4 years. I worked on getting all of my pre-req's and finally applied to several. I got accepted to one for the fall, but the timing is all off right now, I didn't think I would be accepted, so I made other life changes. I think I'll delay my start date so I can get other things in order.

I'd love to see you at Red Robin's. Do you think you could join us next week? I have to work this week or I would have asked for a date this week.

I can't wait for you to post until we are sick of you!!! Bring it on!!!

Shelbi,

I guess my shorts are not the biker shorts, but rather the spandex workout shorts. They are really thin material. I used to swim at a pool in ABQ and I swam with a lot of elderly women. Women in their 80's and 90's. They were beautiful! They always wore the full body wet suit looking outfits. That's when I got the idea of wearing the longer shorts and sports bras. I wonder if I could get one of those shirts for someone my size. I'd love to be able to cover up my arms. The kids at the pool always stare at them!

Well Guys, I hope your day is good. I'm going to the movies with a friend of mine to see Baby Mama. If John T. reads this he'll laugh because he and I already saw this movie together BUT a friend of mine begged me to go and see it with her. I loved it, so I don't mind.

I'm just riding the wave ~~~~

Hugs and Kisses,

dee~

Woofay! Good to hear from you -- I've been thinking of you. Lucky you with the summer off to enjoy with your boys -- I keep thinking of that old Alice Cooper song (ok, I'm really dating myself here) --school's out for summer..school's out forever...:)

Speaking of songs, what is everyone's favorite exercise tune? I'm looking for some new ones with a good brisk walking pace. I use Folgelberg's Netherlands for my warmup and I'm pretty dedicated to that one, but the rest is open for new suggestions. I like any kind of music -- right now I've got from Lauryn Hill to AC/DC on my MP3, so I'm open to broaden my horizons. Any suggestions? Who are you listening to?

Edited by ShelbiCallie
doubled word word

Hi Shelbi!

Do you remember that commercial with Alice Cooper and his daughter? They were at Staples buying school supplies, I think and she said, "I thought you said, school was out forever?" She was really angry!

I listen to every type of music. Lately, I've been listening to Bryan Adams, Matchbox 20, Savage Garden, Fergie, and Casting Crowns.

This morning it was Bryan Adams -- "summer of 69" -- "everything I do, I do it for you"

Fergie is pretty good! AND she spells a lot for us in her songs! So I think it's like a spelling lesson too!!!

I wish I looked like her... I'd have to spell too!

Edited by Tied2BFit
I should have listened to Fergie this morning! My spelling sucks!

Thanks for the ideas, Dee! I'm off to scope them out on the internet~~ have a great Thursday peeps. Friday's coming up--yahoo! :frown:

Hellooooooooo all!! I am new to this site, and am excited to post that I am scheduled for lapband surgery with Dr. Kirshenbaum on 6/4/08!! I can't wait. I have been reading posts on this site for several months now, in fact, it's become an obsession!! I can't get enough! You all are wonderful-and I have enjoyed reading your posts!!

A little about myself. I am 30 years old, and a mother of 2. I have an 8 year old son, and a 2 year old daughter! I have been happily married for 10 years, and my husband is supportive of my decision to have this surgery !!:biggrin: I can't wait to start this journey!

Welcome Jlck98! Glad to have you aboard! You will love Dr. K and this wonderful journey. June will be here before you know it. :biggrin:

WELCOME to our happy space jlck! Congrats on the decision to start a new phase of you life. I love my band and my banditos!

WOW, it seems like FOREVER since I have been around here! Nice to catch up on everyones progress!

Dee~...AMAZING! You are doing an AMAZING job! Your self discipline is incredible and you are always ready to help us when we need it, you are soooooo super sweet! I miss you all!!! Is there a RR night? Did I miss it again?

I think your picture looks wonderful...those cheek bones look fab! Keep it up!

Woofay~How many more days 'til schools out? My chris has 17 or 18, he is soooo ready to get out of school. This year has been UGLY!!!

Dynamo~you should pop in and let us know how your doin! I asked for new work out shoes for mother's day or a new bike, or a new ipod...something workout related!

I am doing a walk for Crohn's & Colitis this weekend. Should be fun. We get the Zoo to ourselves!!

Anyone getting a fill a day before the BBQ? I wish I could sneak in for one! I have been soooo busy, hopefully things will slow down around July, then I will BORED, no middle ground for me?!!!

Happy Thursday.....and an even better Friday to all the bandito gals (and token guy)...hi John!

Hellooooooooo all!! I am new to this site, and am excited to post that I am scheduled for lapband surgery with Dr. Kirshenbaum on 6/4/08!! I can't wait. I have been reading posts on this site for several months now, in fact, it's become an obsession!! I can't get enough! You all are wonderful-and I have enjoyed reading your posts!!

A little about myself. I am 30 years old, and a mother of 2. I have an 8 year old son, and a 2 year old daughter! I have been happily married for 10 years, and my husband is supportive of my decision to have this surgery !!:thumbup: I can't wait to start this journey!

Welcome!

Nice to meet you!

I'll save you a place on the Loser's Bench! Right next to me and Shelbi!

You're going to love Dr. K! We do!

Come back and post anytime! We're here to support each other!

My name is Dee, I'm divorced, 44 year old mother of one of the most sweetest 20 year old girls in the entire world!

Did I mention, I love my daughter!

dee~

WELCOME to our happy space jlck! Congrats on the decision to start a new phase of you life. I love my band and my banditos!

WOW, it seems like FOREVER since I have been around here! Nice to catch up on everyones progress!

Dee~...AMAZING! You are doing an AMAZING job! Your self discipline is incredible and you are always ready to help us when we need it, you are soooooo super sweet! I miss you all!!! Is there a RR night? Did I miss it again?

I think your picture looks wonderful...those cheek bones look fab! Keep it up!

Woofay~How many more days 'til schools out? My chris has 17 or 18, he is soooo ready to get out of school. This year has been UGLY!!!

Dynamo~you should pop in and let us know how your doin! I asked for new work out shoes for mother's day or a new bike, or a new ipod...something workout related!

I am doing a walk for Crohn's & Colitis this weekend. Should be fun. We get the Zoo to ourselves!!

Anyone getting a fill a day before the BBQ? I wish I could sneak in for one! I have been soooo busy, hopefully things will slow down around July, then I will BORED, no middle ground for me?!!!

Happy Thursday.....and an even better Friday to all the bandito gals (and token guy)...hi John!

Mal!

My long lost Bandito! I missed you!!!

I suggested two dates for Red Robin. Next Tuesday or Wednesday... the 13th or 14th. Brandy is the only one who responded, but she didn't give me a date that might work for her. What day is good for you? I'm easy. If next week doesn't work, does the following week work for anyone?

Darn it Banditos, I just need my fix!

Thanks for the compliment on my pic. I've always had one of those chubby cheek faces and big heads! My friend reminded me that Vanna White was hired to do Wheel of Fortune because of her huge head and face! (I don't believe it, but I think it was a nice thing to say to cheer me up!)

I'll await your response... sitting on the edge of my seat with baited breathe.

Love,

dee~

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!! I already feel like part of the family!!

Dee-I look forward to sitting next to you on the losers bench!!

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!! I already feel like part of the family!!

Dee-I look forward to sitting next to you on the losers bench!!

Well, just think after we all lose more, there will be so much more space on that bench!

Right now, we're pretty crowded, but we are friendly peeps, so it's not a problem!

Except for Shelbi, she tends to elbow me all of the time!

Stop it Shelbi!

Well, just think after we all lose more, there will be so much more space on that bench!

Right now, we're pretty crowded, but we are friendly peeps, so it's not a problem!

Except for Shelbi, she tends to elbow me all of the time!

Stop it Shelbi!

Never could keep my hands to myself. Almost failed kindergarten because of it. :thumbup:

At least I remembered to wear my deodorant today, so the bench may be getting crowded but it's not smelly.

(Love ya, Dee! you know it!)

(((((((((((Mal))))))))))))) where ya been?? I've been thinking of you!

Never could keep my hands to myself. Almost failed kindergarten because of it. :thumbup:

At least I remembered to wear my deodorant today, so the bench may be getting crowded but it's not smelly.

(Love ya, Dee! you know it!)

(((((((((((Mal))))))))))))) where ya been?? I've been thinking of you!

Excellent Shelbi! I was worried about that - after the other day! Pew!!!

j/k! I'd sit next to you anyday and if you can't keep your hands to yourself, I'll just deal with it!

In Kindergarten, my teacher told my Mom that I thought I was everyone's Mother. We had this little girl from Mexico in class and the kids were horrible to her. They would spit on her desk or put thumb tacs on her chair and wait for her to sit down and then laugh! She spent a lot of time crying. The teacher was clueless! I felt so sad for her! She didn't speak english, so I became her protector! The teacher - for some reason - didn't appreciate that! She felt the little girl should have learned to protect herself and that it wasn't my business. My Mom who has always been "the protector" told that teacher what she thought and I walked out of that Parent/Teacher Conference with my head held high!

Mom's! Aren't they the best when they see it your way?

Love you too Shelbi-girl~

dee~

Dee i just love your stories!!!:biggrin:

I just got home from fill number 4. I am up to 6.95 in a 7cc band so here's hoping I hit my sweet spot. After the last fill I felt restriction for 2 weeks but then nothing, I could eat a cow and still not be full. I had Tom recalibrate my fill and I had 5.55 when it should have been 6.4. I really hope I dont have a slow leak!! I lost 6 lbs over the 6 weeks, but just has an intestinal virus, so I think that is where all the loss came from.

A friend of mine took a pic of me in July of last year and I was HUGE!! I can really see the difference now that I have seen that pic.

I really want to go to RR this month, either day would be good for me so just let me know what you decide.

I am posting the before pic and an after pic which is kinda of racey, byut I really love it so hope no one is offended. :thumbup:

post-223841-13813137047011_thumb.jpg

post-223841-1381313704729_thumb.jpg