Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Sounds like your quite the workout gal yourself, Miss Dee!!! Good for you and you rock lady!!!

Look at all the weight that you have lost! So much better than gaining isn't it?

It's funny! I'm craving my workouts now! Sometimes in the evening, I hear my cycle calling my name, "Dee come to me! Ride me, you Hot Mamma!"

Too bad it's my cycle saying those things! HA!!! LOL!

What are everyones immediate goals????

Brandy: Work out 4 days week/lose 12 pounds by Memorial day!

Dee: Get at least 7 hours of sleep everynight! Continue Interval Training, Lose 39lbs by my 6 month anniversary! 7/29/08 (2 days after my 45th birthday)

I am married and you know what? Sometimes I wish it was the bike and not my hubby calling....

Your crazy!!! The next guy who comes along is gonna be in trouble!

YAY SHELBI!!!!

My dd is begging me to go jump on the trampoline with her, but now I am tired!!! Didn't sleep good and then to be up so early... Blah!

I am glad I inspired someone today! Now someone PLEASE tell me how to inspire my kids to clean their rooms!

YAY SHELBI!!!!

My dd is begging me to go jump on the trampoline with her, but now I am tired!!! Didn't sleep good and then to be up so early... Blah!

I am glad I inspired someone today! Now someone PLEASE tell me how to inspire my kids to clean their rooms!

I used to give my daughter the choice, she could clean her bedroom or the bathroom. If she chose the bathroom, then I cleaned her bedroom and a lot of unfortunate children got a lot of nice toys that week!

She learned quickly it was to her benefit to clean her room.

I know, I'm mean!

I am married and you know what? Sometimes I wish it was the bike and not my hubby calling....

Your crazy!!! The next guy who comes along is gonna be in trouble!

Yup, he is going to be in trouble!

LOL!

Do you have clothes that just don't fit right, now that you've lost those ugly pounds?:w00t:

Come to Dr. Kirshenbaum's office:sneaky:

May 21st @ 6pm to 7:30pm:tongue_smilie:

and swap them with other successful Banders!:lol:

Brandy~ WTG with the 60 minute cardio!!! If I walk my Buster, I usually go for three miles and that usually takes me about an hour, but when I go to the gym I usually do two miles because I get bored. Today is a gym day. Keep up the good work! Don't you just love the accomplishments!

Thanks for asking, my 8th fill is doing well. Usually in the past it has taken about a week for me to feel my fill. I think it is pretty good. I am so happy that I can still eat steaks and breads (most of the time...).

Dee~You are doing such an amazing job. I would LOVE to be able to have your discipline and structure! All my discipline goes out the door in the evenings, after work outs and dinner.

Shelbi~How was your walk?

Dynamo~How are things with you? Come back and let us know, I miss you!

Woofay~I miss you too! How is the job? the kids, everything!

:confused2: I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "Your husband thought it was so funny a bunch of lapbanded people trying to enjoy a BBQ". There are plenty of healthy dishes people can have for BBQ's. Just because were banded doesn't make us freaks or any different from anyone else. Besides not everything has to be about the food. It's about networking with other patients and sharing ideas. Sorry that your husband thought it was funny but I thought it was a great gesture on Dr. Kirshenbaum's behalf to want to put this together for us and I am very grateful.:lol:

Actually Liteweight, I was a freak long before I got my Band!

Brandy~ WTG with the 60 minute cardio!!! If I walk my Buster, I usually go for three miles and that usually takes me about an hour, but when I go to the gym I usually do two miles because I get bored. Today is a gym day. Keep up the good work! Don't you just love the accomplishments!

Thanks for asking, my 8th fill is doing well. Usually in the past it has taken about a week for me to feel my fill. I think it is pretty good. I am so happy that I can still eat steaks and breads (most of the time...).

Dee~You are doing such an amazing job. I would LOVE to be able to have your discipline and structure! All my discipline goes out the door in the evenings, after work outs and dinner.

Shelbi~How was your walk?

Dynamo~How are things with you? Come back and let us know, I miss you!

Woofay~I miss you too! How is the job? the kids, everything!

Mal,

Things are good right now. It's a novelty yet. I hope the sweetness doesn't wear off! I'm motivated! But I'm also a pretty compliant person. That's just my personality. I know, I'm a freak!

Glad to hear that your last fill is working well.

What are everyones immediate goals????

Hmmm, a two-part goal for me:

A.) Stop taking advantage of the band's fickle nature (i.e. stop eating larger portions on the days when it's "loose"... although other days its tight and I can still PB like crazy)

B.) Get to onderland... my gosh... the last few pounds are dragging...

Don't know if I need a fill or not... since my Feb. 21st fill, I've only lost 12 pounds... arggghhhh.... (probably due to my taking advantage of the "loose" band days... okay and my love affair with crispy chile rellenos)...

Tina :smile2:

Edited by Taynuh
typos and forgot something

Immediate goals:

1) Get to onederland!!!

2) Do something active for 30 minutes everyday.

3) Replace my self-negativity with some positive affirmations.

Both of us enjoyed the walk yesterday -- agreed to do it again today! This may be the start of a beautiful thing ~:smile2:

Happy Wednesday, folks!

I am having a hard time with negative thoughts too. I know that I have lost and people are noticing, but I am still constantly comparing myself to others.

My SIL said that she is only 1 size bigger than me (although her clothes are REALLY tight) I freaked because she looks really heavy. I don't know if she just said it to un-nerve me or if she is jealous or what, but the goal is to not look heavy!!

Also, at all the baseball games I am at, I am always thinking "Do I look like that mom"? "Could I ever look like her"? "Could I wear that"???

So that is where I am struggling!!! On a positive, it does keep me motivated and wanting to lose.

I am having a hard time with negative thoughts too. I know that I have lost and people are noticing, but I am still constantly comparing myself to others.

My SIL said that she is only 1 size bigger than me (although her clothes are REALLY tight) I freaked because she looks really heavy. I don't know if she just said it to un-nerve me or if she is jealous or what, but the goal is to not look heavy!!

Also, at all the baseball games I am at, I am always thinking "Do I look like that mom"? "Could I ever look like her"? "Could I wear that"???

So that is where I am struggling!!! On a positive, it does keep me motivated and wanting to lose.

Yup, I know how the negative feelings can be. I try to be upbeat and I think in my head, "Wow, I've lost a lot of weight already, I should be looking really good!" Then I see a picture of myself and I feel like crying, I look just like before. The weight I've lost hasn't made one bit of difference in my appearance. My face is still huge. People tell me I look different, but I think they are just trying to be encouraging. BECAUSE there is another person, I know who was banded a while before me, she's lost half of her excess weight and not one person has noticed, but she also hasn't told anyone about her surgery. So I wonder if I hadn't shared my surgery with others, IF they would ever notice.

I guess, I need to think more positively. I'll try today!

SAVE THE DATE:

Dr. Kirshenbaum plans to host a Reunion for all of his Lap Band patients!

August 2, 2008, Saturday

Time and Place to be announced.

R.S.V.P. to Natalie @ ncardenas@lapbandrockies.com by

7-25-08 with your before and after pics.:w00t:

I called Dr. Kirshenbaum's Office today to make a fill appointment. Marilyn told me about the BBQ and she said Dr. Kirshenbaum is going to do fills all day on Friday August 1st. He's doing it so if any out of towner's coming to the BBQ want a fill he will be available. (You rock Dr. Kirshenbaum)!:frown::thumbup::biggrin: