Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

John~I am soooo proud of your loss!!! WOW, 102 lbs way to go. You look great. So any advice for us?

Lap~I returned my Bare Minerals, it just didn't work for me. I heard so many wonderful things about it and everyone that I know who uses it looks fab, but I just couldn't get it to work for me??? Woofay, I would love to know what make up you use, you always look GREAT!!!

Dynamo~I have returned to the gym....OUCH!! My muscles are sore! I started having problems with toe pain about half way through my walks, so I am not walking as much as I was before. Thought I should at least return to the gym for some strength training. It's like starting all over AGAIN!!!

I hope you get to spend some time with Ed this weekend.

Dee~Can you get the Spanx (is that what it's called?) in store at Target? I think I will check it out this weekend.

Angie~Happy one year anniversary. My one year is coming up, can you believe how quickly the year has flown by?

Book~I have a pair of the low rider capri jeans and they fit great, they are my favorite pair. Now if I can find petite, low cut, plus sized, stretch jeans...

TGIF my banditos!

Hi My Friend Mal!!!

The Spanx at Target is called something else. I actually found some at Walmart in ABQ for $1.99. They work great! I'm at work but when I get home, I'll look at the brand name for you. I'm sure the Walmart will have them here. It's quite a sight as I try to pry my saggy body into a pair, BUT once they are on - they don't look too bad.:) The actual Spanx at Lane Bryant are pretty pricey, so I'll stick with the cheaper versions from Walmart and Target.

I need to return to the gym. I've been relying on my bike and it's working great, but I am excited to start swimming again! :thumbup: (that's people laughing at me when they see me in my 1900 style swimsuit)

Well, I better get back to work!

Hugs Mal!

dee~

I was banded by Dr. K on APril 16th, 2008. (Just a few days ago!) I can't believe how kind and helpful his office staff is, and Dr. K himself! He put me at ease in the office and even though I was scared to death sitting in the Pre-Op holding area, he came in with a smile on his face and words of encouragement.

Yes, I am a nurse, but I get scared too! OR is not a fun thing!

I guess maybe the thing I was so impressed about was how caring everyone is. I had a complaint about a nurse and spoke with Dr. K and his staff and really felt like something would be done.

I'm a little sore today, and a lot tired. I've been able to sleep about 2 hours at a time before I have to move around. I'm going to try to take the Lortab only twice a day now - I think that I can get by on just Tylenol during the days.

The Scope patch behind my ear is coming off tomorrow, thank goodness! It's giving me the worst dry mouth ever, and although it staves off nausea, it doesn't help waking up with the worst taste in my mouth! :thumbup:

So anyway - if anyone is looking for a great doctor with a fantastic staff, look at Dr. K ---- If I had to do it again, I'd fly there again in a heartbeat!

In fact, I'll be there on May 29th for my first fill! :)

Welcome Nurse7263!

I'm a nurse too and my birthday month and year are 7/63! Is that yours too?

I just loved Dr. K too! He's the best! I feel so blessed to have found him. He makes sense with his orders and he's a joy to see each time I visit the office! Then of course his staff is the greatest too! AND so supportive! I feel like they are my biggest cheerleaders!

Go TEAM!

Hi My Friend Mal!!!

The Spanx at Target is called something else. I actually found some at Walmart in ABQ for $1.99. They work great! I'm at work but when I get home, I'll look at the brand name for you. I'm sure the Walmart will have them here. It's quite a sight as I try to pry my saggy body into a pair, BUT once they are on - they don't look too bad.:) The actual Spanx at Lane Bryant are pretty pricey, so I'll stick with the cheaper versions from Walmart and Target.

I need to return to the gym. I've been relying on my bike and it's working great, but I am excited to start swimming again! :thumbup: (that's people laughing at me when they see me in my 1900 style swimsuit)

Well, I better get back to work!

Hugs Mal!

dee~

I bought some spanx online and paid $41.00 for them. They work great to help hide some of the loose skin. I also bought some at JC Penney for $18.00 that work fine as well. I'm going to try the ones from Walmart or Target. Thanks for the tidbit.

Hi Liteweight!

I saw recently where Dr. Rey from Dr. 90210 came out with a line for women. It's a 'tummy tuck' in a box type of garment.

You can find it online.

Thanks Dee and LW, I am going to check Wal Mart out this weekend.

Dee~You will do very well with swimming. You have a passion for it! Go for it and let the senseless idiots laugh because you will have the last laugh my dear!

okay...so I was supposed to hit the gym again today (I was really looking forward to getting back on track). My cousin called and is going through a tough time and wants to vent with me tonight. AND then a family friend died suddenly, a memorial service tonight (won't be able to make it that one). Then I thought okay Saturday for sure then, well, my dad (had to put his dog down about a month ago) wants to go and check out a dog tomorrow. Sunday will have to be the day! Oh well, my family is important and I am happy that they want me to help.

My eating has been up and down. It is Passover, heavy cooking, baking, and traditional eating patterns. I don't think that matzo tastes half as good as Easter chocolate eggs do, but I plunged into it all the same, coated with butter of course. I think I got my fix and now I don't seem to want any more of it.

I am happy to try and attend any RR or where ever event.

Hugs and smiles,

Michelle

Let's not forget my Passover favorite... those macaroon Cookies that come in the cans....Yummers!!!!!!!! They usually go on sale during and after Passover...woo hooooo!

I love them...

Tina

I need to go check Wal Mart out for the Spanx too! I am getting a really loose, baggy, nasty tummy. Thanks for the info Dee!

John~ you are rockin' my man! Congrats!!

Mal~ I am with you on the whole gym thing. After I hurt my ankle, I didn't go...now I can and should, but I haven't!!! We need to kick our own booties! If I was closer, I would come drag you with me!

Nurse7263~ You have found the best part of this website...US! Welcome!!!

Michelle~ Oh, to be falling in love again!!! Falling in love is the fun part, staying is the hard part! Have fun with your new fellow. He is a lucky guy!

Lap~ Love, love, love the pictures and all your insights. Your doing such a great, great job! I am happy for you!

Everyone have a great night!

Brandy

Thanks all for the "love" support! It is wonderful to know love can happen at any age. I am floating and enjoying every second. Speaking of love, Ed is meeting the family tomorrow. What a brave man. I bet we have some funny stories to tell out there about meeting the family.

John - WAY TO GO!!!! I am proud to have met you and shared a RR dinner or two with you. I am really in awe of your resolution. Your pic with Dr K is really cute.

Dee - spankx alive girl! I will have to do something about the lose skin, too. Those belly ups really help, but even so, the skin is skin. When I am down to goal, I am having surgery. Dr. K said he'd do it, and I trust him.

Mal - make sure you change your gym shoes every three months. Runner's Roost is pricey but they will fit you really well. I don't think your toes should hurt from walking. Take care and take it slow. Cut back by half when you haven't been at the gym and work your way back up. It sucks, but being sore is worse.

Brandy - I believe that this "next lifetime" will just be us, no kids, no big big problems, so I want to keep the magic, take care of each other and ourselves, be sweet to each other without expecting payoff. I have had other lifetimes, and learned a lot. This one feels really special.

Woofay - How are you doing with your bandiversary? You have done a great job losing and dealing with the food choice changes. You have stayed human throughout. Hats off to you, my dear. Hugs.

Taynuh - It is funny you mention macaroons, they aren't a family favorite. I did bake some biscotti, a box carrot cake (my mom's fav for her birthday) and some box brownies. Never fear, there is gefilte fish, matzo ball Soup, lamb and brisket, green Beans (a concession), matzo kugel, horseradish (made from scratch), charoset (apples, nuts, cinnamon, sugar and wine). So no one will be hungry. God forbid!

Happy spring weather, yeah!

Michelle

okay...so I was supposed to hit the gym again today (I was really looking forward to getting back on track). My cousin called and is going through a tough time and wants to vent with me tonight. AND then a family friend died suddenly, a memorial service tonight (won't be able to make it that one). Then I thought okay Saturday for sure then, well, my dad (had to put his dog down about a month ago) wants to go and check out a dog tomorrow. Sunday will have to be the day! Oh well, my family is important and I am happy that they want me to help.

Mal --:tongue_smilie: I hope you can get to the gym today! You are always there for everyone when they need you; I don't know how you do it all. Have a great workout today.

Dee -- Yea for swimming! Go for it!

John -- Way to go! You (and Dr. K) look marvelous!

Welcome Nurse 7263!

By the way, the shaper line at Target is called ASSETS. In the stores they have the cami, tank, etc. in addition to the lower body stuff even though the Target website only shows lower body stuff. Everything is $20 or less. I have the cami and love it -- will absolutely get more.

Taynuh-- I can't figure out the Rep Power thing either.:confused2:

I have a fill appointment in the morning. I'm hoping for just a smidge. I am so afraid of getting over filled, but I need a little boost. I can eat too much and get hungry to quickly.

Ya'll have a great week,

Karen

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in awhile to say hello but I read this thread often. I am still hoping on moving to back home to Colorado next month or in early June. Things have been so crazy... my hubby got in an accident in work and that has kind of put a damper on interviewing for other jobs in Colorado. My family has had all of these issues in Colorado for which I have been stuck in Virginia for and it is so hard. I feel so helpless. My dad and stepmom lost there house in a fire a week and a half ago. My mom has been in the hospital for a week... was on a respirator for 4 days but is doing much better now, thank goodness. I want to be there so bad but if I spend the money to come home to visit now, we wont have enough left to move home! Anyways... I know that is just a long old rant from someone you guys dont even know! I'm sorry. But I have to say... the support that you all give each other is so amazing to me. I cant wait to get home and hopefully meet some of you! You all are such an inspiration.

I have not yet called Dr. Kirshenbaum to see if he will accept me as a patient when I get there... but I really hope that he will! I sure have enjoyed all the pictures you have posted of him... WOW! He seems to have such a genuine smile!

Anyways... thanks again for your displays of what supporting each other is all about! You guys are fantastic!!!

Renee

:tongue_smilie: Goodmorning Friends

Rep Option. If you look at the avatar (the picture that you selected to represent you here on LapBandTalk) below it in the same box are small icons. There is a white scale (of justice). Put your pointer over it and you will see it is the icon to add to someone's reputation. Click on it. The box opens to a small dialogue box. Type in whatever you wish to say about someone to add to their reputation. I clicked on John's to add to his rep for his 100 pounds. Once you click submit or okay or approve, there will be a little green box added to the rep counter. You can read your rep comments in your privacy section User base for this website. It's where you added your picture, your counter and private information to your profile.

Hope this helps.

Second post:

Today, Sunday-April 20, Yahoo has a front page story on what to eat. VERY good info. Five must eat foods for good nutrition added to your diet of high Protein every day. If the story is gone by the time you read this highlights were

green tea up to 4 cups (antioxidants), seeds and nuts-almonds, cashews (anti's) full of Omega 3, whole grains for Fiber - 3 servings (oatmeal), 25 grams of dark leafy greens like asparagus, broccoli, and a serving of low fat milk, Vitamin D, or yogurt ( 8 oz. )

Remembering my trip west. Missing Morrison. I love that town.

cfiles10598.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg