Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dynamo, hurray for your new romance! I hope it continues to blossom. Spring is the perfect time for new beginnings, right?

Welcome mamato3. I have only been here a short time but everyone has been so supportive and thoughtful. I envy you moving back to Colorado -- what a beautiful state. Wish I could convince my DH to move!

Hey skyblu79, I have seen you on OH. I went back to Dr. K for my first fill. It made me feel better to have him check me out and make sure everything was OK. But I know a lot of people don't ever go back to their original surgeon when he's out of state and don't have a problem. I can't afford to go back to Dr. K for every fill, so I am narrowing down my choices for a local fill doc. I am wary of FillCentersUSA for whatever reason although a lot of people seem to love it. I didn't know you were near my neck of the woods (Georgia). Have you been going to the fill center in Roswell?

Linz I will continue to keep you and your husband in my thoughts. Good for you for doing things for yourself and having alone time. It's really important.

As for me, I have exercised for the past three days in a row and intend to do it again tonight. I'm on a roll! I have a new dance workout DVD and I love it -- it's so much fun that I don't get as bogged down in the "I hate exercising" mindset. Constantly changing things up is the key to keeping me interested. I get bored pretty quickly!

Happy Monday to all...although it hasn't started off that great for me. DH's car wouldn't start so I had to take him to work and was 15 mins late to work myself. Oh well. It can only get better, right?

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have only gone to the Roswell location and they are great. It's always under fluro. If it was closer I would go back, but I really don't have the time and I usually end up getting a hotel for the day before and the day after and factor in gas prices and it's too much

I actually live in NC. I would love to move to that part of GA though. I only went there before the NC location had not opened when I got my first fill. I think I am going to try the NC location ASAP. I really need another fill. I am so ready to get to my sweet spot. I am really trying to get back on track.

Thanks for responding.

Skyeblu! I've only been banded 6 months, so I can't speak to getting the band checked after a year. I've been using the FillCenter doc in Denver NC and am pleased with him, but the FillCenter price without fluro is now $175. I've always been tempted to see if he'd do my fills without the middle man, so to speak, but just haven't had the nerve to ask yet. Also, wanted to mention..... how 'bout those TARHEELS --- final four, yeah man!!!!:biggrin:

I received a call from Fillcentersusa Friday following up with me. I really didn't get much out of the call other than I need another fill. They are going to call me back Monday morning to schedule my appointment for the Denver location. I am really nervous about trying someone else.

The first doc I went too could never find my port, didn't numb and it was just a bad experience. Does the doc in NC numb the area before doing the fill?

Thanks for responding. I also wondered if they would ever consider cutting out "the middle man" too.

...Oh, and I was really proud of my Tarheels!! So close!!

Pics:

IMG_1370.JPG?imgmax=512

Potomac Office

Edited by Lap_dancer

IMG_1373.JPG?imgmax=512

IMG_1374.JPG?imgmax=512

IMG_1379.JPG?imgmax=512

IMG_1381.JPG?imgmax=512

IMG_1382.JPG?imgmax=512

HOKEY POKEY

IMG_1384.JPG?imgmax=512

I LOVE COLORADO!

It's official, move over Hoonah, Alaska, my new place to spray my ashes is Morrison, Colorado. Scatter me to the winds in the valley of Red Rocks Music Ampitheatre. This way I can walk the ethreal realm to the sound of music in the presence of awesome views of nature.

IMG_1417-1.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

HOKEY POKEY

IMG_1384.JPG?imgmax=512

LMAO! This picture just cracks me up!!! =) Love it.

Question for those of you who follow up with Dr K... how long does it take to get in for a fill? Does he do your fills or does Tom? Do you have time to sit and talk with him or is it quick in and out?

I am seriously considering returning to Dr K and discontinuing my follow up down here.

LA: They are scheduling fills 4-6 weeks out right now. Even with Tom, I think it is about 3 weeks. I have seen Tom 3 times and really like him. He is very thorough and takes time for every possible question. Dr. K is great too, but everyone wants to see him so he is usually pretty quick. I think that you would be in great hands who ever you decide to see!

WHO NEEDS CLOTHES?????

I have LOTS of 18-20 size clothes...shorts, pants, jeans. Anyone want them? I can bring them to RR next time. Just let me know!!! I am dropping sizes like crazy, so let me know!! :rolleyes2:

Lap,

LA is right that picture is a kick! All of those pics are great! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to send them to my Mom so she can see what is involved. She's pretty scared about me getting fills and told me that people have died from that! I have no idea where she gets her information from, but I corrected her -- promptly!

You're right, Colorado is absolutely lovely! I returned here because I had such fond memories of Colorado from college. My bestfriend and roommate was from Longmont and I spent several spring breaks at her house - all the while wishing I was lucky enough to live in Colorado.

It's a blessed country where we can move freely and enjoy the gifts of God. Whether we live on either coast or in the midwest, the north or the southwest, there is beauty to be found. From the red dirt of the southwest to the beauty of the green mountains of the northwest. We truly are blessed to be Americans.

I'm feeling so blessed to have been born in this country. I worked in Haiti as an English Teacher in the 80's and fell in love with the country and the people and they are currently dealing with more unrest and my heart just breaks for them. It reminds me to be thankful for the treasure of America and all it's freedoms.

LA, I have only had one fill and I made the appt about a month in advance. I'm not sure how far out his appts are now. You could call and talk to Marilyn. I haven't met Tom yet, that I know of. Dr. K did my fill. And yes, he did have a little time to talk to me and ask me how things were going. I know I can be quite verbose here, but I try to keep things down to a minimum while I'm in the office, NOT because I feel that is what he requires, but I just get my important questions out there and after I get my answers, I'm good to go. I've never felt rushed by Dr. K.

If you have a lot of questions or want to talk to him at length you might ask Marilyn is she could give you a little longer appt. time.

Mal, How's your Monday going? I've been looking at homes off of Smoky Hill. I love the Sorrell Ranch area! I honestly don't need to be near a big shopping center, BUT hey, if it happens I won't complain!

Anita, did all your snow melt down south? I heard it's going to be in the 70's today! YEAH BABY!!!

Michelle, how is live in the Land of Love? I hope it's still blissful. Enjoy these moments - for they are sweet memories to relive later.

Lifesaver, thanks for checking on the straw mystery. I found the same in my post-op paperwork. It's like when we have a Mom after a c-section, no straws!

Shel, how's life with you? Is everyone wearing their oxygen masks and getting on with life?

Marcy, are you still enjoying those 16's?

My boss asked how much I've lost and I told her, she said, "yeah, I can tell from your clothes" I told her, I'm going to wear these scrub pants until they just fall on the floor! (I paid enough for them!) AND she laughed, then I had to say, "I just hope that doesn't happen at work!"

See ya Kidlings!

Love,

dee~

Brandy!

I missed you at RR, BUT I know exactly how you feel!

I have done that before! AND I was so upset with myself!

It happens sometimes, esp. when you're a busy busy lady!

Next month, we'll try to remind you early!

Hugs,

dee~

WHO NEEDS CLOTHES?????

I have LOTS of 18-20 size clothes...shorts, pants, jeans. Anyone want them? I can bring them to RR next time. Just let me know!!! I am dropping sizes like crazy, so let me know!! :rolleyes2:

Congrats! :smile2:

That's great!

I'll take some of your clothes. It might be a while before I hit the 18-20 range, but you never know!

I won't take them all - because there might be some others who need them more!

Thanks! That's sweet of you!

I have some 30-32's and some brand new 26-28's that I can offer too! My arms are horrible and getting worse the more weight I lose, so there are some brand new items I can never wear because of my arms! AND because of my stomach! It's getting worse too! I hate my arms!:eek:

By the time I lose all of my weight, I will have enough skin to donate to the burn center to help hundreds of people! The burn center in Albuquerque accepts excess skin for grafts. Something good can come out of this mess!

Love ya,

dee~

Dee~

My stomach is a huge mess too!!! The more I lose, the grosser it gets! ACK!

Yup! It's frightening me! I can't look at it! Even in clothes, it looks horrible! I am going to try the Target brand of Spanx. Have you tried them? I'm sure I'll need a special tool to get me into them! A giant shoe horn!!!

HAAA HAAA What a visual!

dee~

skyblu79, thanks for writing back! I hope that the NC FillCenterUSA works out well for you and you find your sweet spot soon.

Lap, those pictures are fantastic! If you don't mind, I'm going to keep them to show to people. If you do mind, just let me know, but I figured since there aren't any identifiers to you, it would be OK. What a familiar sight...so nice to see Dr. K's smiling face.

It doesn't look like I'll be seeing it soon. I have an appointment on Friday with a local doctor for my second fill. Here's hoping it works out. Of course I would love to return to Dr. K, but it's just difficult cost- and time-wise. This guy has pretty good reviews and the cost is really affordable. After reading my surgery report, he said he'd be glad to take me on. Hopefully it'll all work out. Weight loss is slooooooooooooow now, although I did finally hit 30 pounds off from the start of my pre-op diet! Yay! :rolleyes2:

Something funny happened last week -- my co-worker's husband came in to see her and in the course of making small talk, he looked at me and said, "Did you lose weight?" It was funny because my co-worker screeched at him about how you're not supposed to ask people stuff like that! I just smiled and said yes, I have. :smile2: