Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Ladies (and token guy), hey where is John???

Tied~Sounds like a fun weekend!

I soooooo have a love/hate relationship with my scale. When it doesn't move, I blame the scale. Must not be on a flat surface, or the battery must need to be replaced. When it moves downward the scale is my best friend and of course if it shows a gain then forget it...my enemy!!

Woofay~Hi busy girl! Sorry to hear about your gain but don't be hard on yourself, you will lose it and some! 80 pounds is a tremendous defeat, I am sooooo proud of you!

Happy Friday to all!

Edited by Mal

Sorry Rene', I took too long to post, I moved it forward...

Red Robin Banditos gathering.

7pm, I-25 and Arapahoe:

Woofay

Lap Dancer

Brandy

Dee

Rene' (Lifesaver)-Newbie

Mal (T appt, depending on the outcome, I'll either be late or ???)

Dee - thanks for the support, but I will miss RR. A man doesn't replace good friends, it is just hard to be in two places at once. I hope you have a great time getting together.

Woofay - 80 pounds in a year. I have lost just half of that. I am so impressed with your focus. Don't sweat the vacation. It is amazing that we don't tolerate overeating for a long time any more. That extra weight will come right off when you get back to your positive eating behaviors.

Lap - sorry I won't see you. Perhaps you could call me while you are here?????

Rene - welcome to our little group. It is a wonderful place to get support and the be around people who "get" you. Welcome.

Brandy - welcome back to RR. I am so glad your ankle? or was it a foot? is healed. How's your little girl?

Mal - are you loving the weather. i can just picture you walking Buster in the beautiful sunshine.

Hugs and kisses to all,

Michelle

Hey Friends:

Flying in on Wednesday as you know. Hubby would like to take his cousin out to dinner at Buckhorn Exchange and we booked reservations on Wednesday night, Thursday they ski. What day are we gathering? Got the location. Arapahoe Red Robin. and 7 PM. Is it Thursday or Friday? Someone let me know. Michelle I will miss you muchly. Everyone...looking forward to meeting you. Mal, I hope your schedule works out and we can hug.

Bringing my camera!

Hi ladies... long time no post. I am sorry about that. I need some good thoughts right now or prayers, whichever is your thing.

Last night I went into the ER after talking with Dr K. He was concerned that I may have had symptoms of erosion. I had extreme abdominal pain, shoulder pain, nausea, and sweating that came on suddenly. i had a CT scan and bloodwork done and the ER Dr said everything looked ok. My white blood cell count was up a tiny bit, but he wasn't too concerned about it.

So I went home thinking everything was ok.

Dr K called me today for follow-up (did I mention how much I love Dr K... he is so caring!). I told him about the results, and that my pain had subsided and I was feeling better. Only pain I have right now is in my shoulder. Well he is still concerned about Erosion, and wants me to go in for an upper GI scope. So now I am freaked out again. I thought the CT ruled that out, but apparantly that was to rule out my gallbladder.

I am trying to remain positive about this, but I am so scared I am going to lose my band. I feel ok right now physically... so it is hard to believe something could be wrong.

I have a call into my Dr that has been doing the follow-up care for me, but he still has not called me back. That is one thing that still amazes me about Dr K. I called him just after midnight last night and he called me back within minutes. Then he called today to follow up with me. It has been over 40 minutes now and still no call from my new Dr... on a Sunday afternoon. Really makes me wish I was local to Colorado!

Anyway, please send me positive energy. I am hoping everything will be ok and that Dr K is just being extra cautious. I am also trying to be realistic and prepare myself for the possibility of removal. *crossing my fingers and toes* that is not necessary.

Otherwise everything has been going really well for me and I am down 55 pounds. I love my band!

Edited by L.A.

I just sent a prayer up and sending postive thoughts and hugs your way. Maybe this is a gall bladder attack, but there's not a stone visible on CT?? I'm glad your pain has subsided and hope that it stays that way. Please keep us posted on the results of the Upper GI. Dr. K is such a good egg and I not surprised at all that he called you right back after midnight -- I wish I was closer, too! Hang in there LA.

Hey Friends:

Flying in on Wednesday as you know. Hubby would like to take his cousin out to dinner at Buckhorn Exchange and we booked reservations on Wednesday night, Thursday they ski. What day are we gathering? Got the location. Arapahoe Red Robin. and 7 PM. Is it Thursday or Friday? Someone let me know. Michelle I will miss you muchly. Everyone...looking forward to meeting you. Mal, I hope your schedule works out and we can hug.

Bringing my camera!

Lap,

Everything here says we are meeting on Wednesday, the 9th.

I can't meet Thursday or Friday. But maybe everyone else can.

Send out a post and see if people want to change, since we were

all meeting to see you. Maybe Michelle will be able to join everyone

on Thursday or Friday.

Take care,

dee~

Hi ladies... long time no post. I am sorry about that. I need some good thoughts right now or prayers, whichever is your thing.

Last night I went into the ER after talking with Dr K. He was concerned that I may have had symptoms of erosion. I had extreme abdominal pain, shoulder pain, nausea, and sweating that came on suddenly. i had a CT scan and bloodwork done and the ER Dr said everything looked ok. My white blood cell count was up a tiny bit, but he wasn't too concerned about it.

So I went home thinking everything was ok.

Dr K called me today for follow-up (did I mention how much I love Dr K... he is so caring!). I told him about the results, and that my pain had subsided and I was feeling better. Only pain I have right now is in my shoulder. Well he is still concerned about Erosion, and wants me to go in for an upper GI scope. So now I am freaked out again. I thought the CT ruled that out, but apparantly that was to rule out my gallbladder.

I am trying to remain positive about this, but I am so scared I am going to lose my band. I feel ok right now physically... so it is hard to believe something could be wrong.

I have a call into my Dr that has been doing the follow-up care for me, but he still has not called me back. That is one thing that still amazes me about Dr K. I called him just after midnight last night and he called me back within minutes. Then he called today to follow up with me. It has been over 40 minutes now and still no call from my new Dr... on a Sunday afternoon. Really makes me wish I was local to Colorado!

Anyway, please send me positive energy. I am hoping everything will be ok and that Dr K is just being extra cautious. I am also trying to be realistic and prepare myself for the possibility of removal. *crossing my fingers and toes* that is not necessary.

Otherwise everything has been going really well for me and I am down 55 pounds. I love my band!

LA, I am so sorry to hear about your problems! That's horrible! I really will be praying for you and sending positive energy your way. You have done so well with your band. You were banded just a little shy of 2 weeks before me and you've already lost 55lbs. That is impressive. You're dedicated to making this tool work. I hope with all of my heart that you'll be able to keep your band, the doctors will find what the problem is and you'll be well soon.

Bless you,

dee~

Thanks so much Dee! I actually feel like I have been doing so crappy with my band... specially the last week or too. Too many chocolates over Easter has kept me at a stand still lately. Don't let the 55 fool you, 20 was before surgery.

So my new Dr in Flagstaff isn't as concerned abut it being erosion. He didn't feel like a Endoscopy was something that needed to be done right away. Since Dr K seemed pretty concerned i asked that he talk to him so they could get on the same page hopefully... or maybe that Dr K could explain better than me why he felt it necessary.

So Dr's talked and it has been decided the best thing to do is have a Endoscopy done. So Rich and I are traveling up to Flagstaff so I can have it done with the GI doctor that Dr Aldridge and Berger work with on a regular basis. This way they can look over the results.

Hopefully this is nothing and everything will turn out to be fine. Will know more tomorrow.

Shelbie... thanks! I missed your post there a second. The CT was negative, nothing wrong with the gallbladder. White blood cells were only elevated a small amount.

YES! Dr K is a good egg!! i really really think he is such and awesome Dr. Such a fabulous bedside manner. I am so glad I found him.

L.A.~~~~{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hug!:purplebananna:}}}}}}}}}}}}} Here's hoping the best outcome possible!

Just thought I'd bump this up...Lap Dancer~ I'm pretty sure we all agreed on the Wed the 9th for the RR! (Because we usually do Thurs and moved it.)

Red Robin Banditos gathering.

Wed, 9th, 7pm, I-25 and Arapahoe:

Woofay

Lap Dancer

Brandy

Dee

Rene' (Lifesaver)-Newbie

Mal (T appt, depending on the outcome, I'll either be late or ???)

LA~Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Sending you lots of positive energy!!!

Lap~I hope you can make it to RR!

Dynamo~Buster and I have been enjoying our walks. I am returning to the gym today!!!...I hope...

LA - here's for hoping it was just something that got "stuck" somewhere and is now past! Geez! I can't imagine having something happen to me like that...there are no CT scans out here and they'd have to fly me into Anchorage - not that'd I'd be complaining about a trip to "town" mind you! Praying for you!

Mal - you're inspirational...maybe I should get a dog...NOT! Just finished dog sitting one of the best dogs in the world and I'm glad she's gone! What happened to me?

NSV!! Last year - squeezing into 22's...wearing 24's on a regular basis...today...eeeaaaased into a pair of 16's!!! And I'm all bloated and crampy today (I thought I'd just check to see how far I needed to go to get into them, not actually be able to WEAR them today!) Anyway, aside from needing some Mydol, the day is good!

LA - here's for hoping it was just something that got "stuck" somewhere and is now past! Geez! I can't imagine having something happen to me like that...there are no CT scans out here and they'd have to fly me into Anchorage - not that'd I'd be complaining about a trip to "town" mind you! Praying for you!

Mal - you're inspirational...maybe I should get a dog...NOT! Just finished dog sitting one of the best dogs in the world and I'm glad she's gone! What happened to me?

NSV!! Last year - squeezing into 22's...wearing 24's on a regular basis...today...eeeaaaased into a pair of 16's!!! And I'm all bloated and crampy today (I thought I'd just check to see how far I needed to go to get into them, not actually be able to WEAR them today!) Anyway, aside from needing some Mydol, the day is good!

Marcy,

That's a great NSV!! Wow!!!

While in Lincoln this weekend, I went shopping at Avenue. A store I used to shop at in ABQ. I tried on several items because they had a huge sale. The 3xl's were huge on me and I had to get a 2xl. Pants and shirts for $4.99 and there were plenty of 2xl's available.

don't you love your Band? I do!

I can' wait till I get to a size 16! Yeah!!!