Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mare-- Good to hear from you! Please, please, please tell us that you've got a fabulous reward in mind for yourself for accomplishing so much (both weight wise and work wise)! You deserve some pampering.

Lap~Great poem! I have anappointment the 9th, but I will come right after (are we meeting the 9th?) I should be there but just a little late...CHEERS!

I am back!!! I have missed this site like crazy!!! Everyone seems to be doing great!!!

Dee~ I will give you a great big bear hug when I see you!!! Hang in there...

I have been on vacation for baseball this past week and am up 3 pounds!!!! I am going in tomorrow to have a little more put back in...I am able to eat more than I like, so that would explain the gain. Also, eating out at EVERY meal does not help.

I am starting the gym again, plus the fill and am hoping to drop another 15-20 by Memorial day. Do you all set up goals like that? Or is it just whatever?

Glad I am back and am so happy to "see" everyone. Can't wait for RR and to meet you Lap!

Brandy

I am starting the gym again, plus the fill and am hoping to drop another 15-20 by Memorial day. Do you all set up goals like that? Or is it just whatever? Brandy

Hi Brandy, I'm trying to work on mini-goals too at this point. It seems less overwhelming to me that way and I am so easily overwhelmed only looking at the "big picture", ya know? I'm trying to set up mini-rewards for each goal, too. My next goal is onederland -- 10 pounds away. (Haven't seen a 'one" first in 25 years!) When I get there I'll set the next goal, my ultimate goal being to reach a healthy BMI by my first surgiversary date. My biggest obstacle is getting my arse moving and exercising -- just can't seem to get my head (much less the rest of me) around it and make it happen. I have started and stopped more exercise plans in my life than I have diets, if you can imagine that! :confused2: So, I'm setting Memorial Day mini-goals to 1) "move around"* for 30 minutes daily and, 2) get to onederland.

(* doing anything is better than nothing, right?)

Shelbie~

I even count cleaning as moving...I am moving more than I normally would! Right???

You can do it!! Your ticker is looking great and your moving right along! Good for you!

I do have a goal. It's to hit my first 100 by the end of the summer. I think I can do it once I add the exercise. I am sporadic with that but need to become dedicated to it. THAT is my goal. My goals are more habit in form. I figure one will take care of the other. :-)

You look so fab now Lap! It will be an amazing transformation to see you minus 100 pounds!! Your so positive, there is NO WAY you WONT make your goal!!!

Oh Banditos -

I have a conflict on the 9th so I won't be a RR. I think this is a first. I am subbing all week and my new friend has invited me to accompany him to his opening for a book he just edited at a gallery. This is good, though missing your wonderful hugs is sad. Boo hoo.

My body is changing, my insides and outsides are getting more fit - but the scale hasn't moved much. I look better though. So, oh hell, chuck the scale.

Everyone sounds great!

mare - I second Shelbie's note, make sure you reward yourself with something wonderful - new outfit, massage, whatever thrills you. You deserve it.

hugs all.

michelle

Dynamo~You will be missed...:bolt: on the 9th. Your new Mr. Man sounds wonderful, have an enchanted evening my dear!

My scale has not moved in a month...boooo, I am with you chuck the scale, the evil thing!! LOL

Hi, Guys! Long time no post! I'm sorry. I've been so busy. We spent a week in Oklahoma and right before that was Easter....then back to work. Now my one son is sick again....it's truly no excuse, but its all true! I can't believe I survived a week in OKC with no internet.

Okay, I was bad during those two weeks too...:rolleyes: (really bad) I can't remember the last time I stuffed so many Easter chocolates and such into my face. Then, a week with my hubby's grandma, who is a wonderful cook and bakes all day...I had no willpower. I came home and was up 9 lbs!!!!:thumbup: My hubby was up 7, my first son was up 2.5 and the little one was up 1.5 lbs. My family gained 20lbs together! OMG!!!!!! As of this morning, I have gotten rid of them. Whew! But, alas, I have not lost any weight for a while. Still down about 80, depending the time of day, but has been there a while. I really need to gather and refocus.

I'm on for the 9th. We are meeting the 9th, right? I had to go through a lot of posts to catch up, but I think this was the final answer? I really need to regroup and concentrate a bit. Let's all do a little anti-snow dance for that night! (as the snow continues to fall as I type!)

Michelle! I'll miss you! But, I'm also happy that you are connecting with someone. This phase of a relationship can be so fun!

Hi to everyone~~~~ and hi to all the newbies.

I didn't see one of these started, so I guess I'll get it going! Just copy and paste your name added to the list to see what kind of gathering we will have this month! Have a great night all!

Red Robin Banditos gathering.

7pm, I-25 and Arapahoe:

Woofay

Lap Dancer

Woofay~

I can relate girl! I was on vaca. last week and gained too. I just have to take a deep breath and begin again.

I had a slight fill today, so hopefully that will spur me along again!

Brandy

Kidlings!

HI! I am about to get out of Dodge. I'm traveling with the Band. Doesn't that make you think of a really fun time? Traveling with Rascal Flatts, Nickelback or Casting Crowns? Just you and the Band, town after town, concerts, fans, autographs?

Well,not the same band, I'm traveling with my 14ml AP band. Ha! Sorry to disappoint all of you!

I'm hoping to not gain during my mini-vacation. I lost when I went to ABQ, but stress helped me there. I'm heading to the hopping town of Lincoln Nebraska! I am going to hang out with some College friends. Alumni weekend! Fun Fun Fun, peeps!

Anita! 9 lbs is not so bad considering you were eating food that Grammy made! I remember my Grammy - she was the best cook in the world. She made fresh cinnamon rolls daily - along with fresh baked bread. I remember spending a summer with her - after 2 months returning home as a chubby 10 year old. None of my clothes fit AND that was the start of my weight problem for the next 34 years. My grammy was pretty much square. She was, maybe 4-10 and weighed probably 300 to 350lbs. She was soft and mushy and just the sweetest woman ever! I remember she had no lap - but she want us to sit next to us. She was a very accomplished piano player. Amazing the music that would come from those short fat little fingers of hers. I have such sweet memories of my Grandma Grace. Both of my Grandma's died of Breast CA. I was blessed with the two best Grandmas in the world!

Mal, when you throw your scale out, could you run by my house and pick mine up? I weigh 3 or 4 times a day! ARGH! I'm addicted to that scale!:rolleyes: Thanks for your kind words. I just am a regular squirrel.

Michelle, I will miss you at RR. BUT IF there was a sweet man desiring my company, I'd be so thrilled -- and I'd probably forget RR ever existed. Red Robin, what's a Red Robin? Enjoy!!! :thumbup:

Lap, I can't wait to see you at RR. My first goal is 10% . My scale goes up and down down and then up and down down! The dependent edema in my ankles makes it move up every time I work!:eek:

Shelbi, Setting mini-goals is the way to go. I took my starting weight and plotted out 10% goals. As my weight decreases my goals decrease also. I have 10 - 10% goals. Each one I reach, I have rewards set up, massage, facial lasering, Tiffany's bracelet.... :thumbup: Shelbi, you're very sweet. I appreciate your words. I don't get to see Sandra's family since they live in ABQ and I live in Denver. I hope the other nurses and friends get the journals completed. I gave them to my bff. I hope one day, they can read our words about their Mom and know how special she was and how much we loved her! I believe the kids are doing pretty well. They have great grandparents and a great father who has told them that their Mom is in heaven. She is an angel now. Her oldest son talks about it freely. I think that is healthy. I believe the way you do about death. My Mom never sheltered us from death. As kids we attended funerals and it was just a part of living. I appreciate that way of thinking. It's not scary, it's very sad, but death is a part of life.:sad: When my father passed away, it was very bittersweet.

Mare, I was so glad to hear from you! I've missed you Lady!!! Congrats on your weight loss! I hope we can see you at RR next Wednesday, but since it's your birthday, I understand! Happy Birthday, Lady!

Brandy, Thanks for the Hug! I felt so 'needy' after I posted that! BUT it was honest and how I feel. I'll take all the hugs that are offered! I've got years to make up for! :wub:

Well, I better get my soon to be smaller hiney moving! Hugs and Love to you all!

7pm, I-25 and Arapahoe:

Woofay

Lap Dancer

Brandy

Dee

7pm, I-25 and Arapahoe:

Woofay

Lap Dancer

Brandy

Dee