Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dynamo~Congrats on the new romance...he is one lucky fellow! You are the workout queen. I haven't been to my gym in a while, but I have been doing three mile walks with Buster. Thanks for the hugs I appreciate it.

mamato3~Neat name! WELCOME!! This is a wonderful thread, the support here is amazing. I feel like I have known many of these Banditos forever and YES we do get together in person, we meet at Red Robin once a month. You are welcome to join us we would love to meet you.

Welcome back to beautiful Colorado, you are coming just in time to miss all that hot, humid and hazey east coast weather...YAY!!

Woofay~How are you doing? I wonder if I will recognizeyounext time?? I tried to search for our monthly pictures (I thought I wrote the page numbers down, but I can't find it??).

Hi Dee!

linz~How is your hubby doing? did he get out of the hospital?

Drews~I got an email from KBPI, it said that the Roller Dolls were going to be at the Fillmore or something?? That is soooo cooowal!

It was a beautiful day here, I hope you all got a chance to enjoy it!

Adios Banditos!

Mal -- Glad you're back! Missed you muchly, girl.

Mama23 -- Welcome! You can't go wrong with Dr. K -- and the costs Bookholder mentioned are an exceptional deal for a great aftercare doc!

Cara & Dee -- Thanks for the encouraging words about the smoking. I am hard at work on it, some days are better than others. I keep reminding myself of the oxygen masks on the plane -- good mental picture for me, Dee!

Woofay, Brandy, Ami, Marcy -- how are you?

Linz -- I hope you husband is all well now.

Tina -- I know what you mean about the sagging. Wish Dr. K could provide a package deal and do the breast lift/ Tummy Tuck, too. Maybe he could spread out a payment plan for multiple procedures? A girl can dream, right??

Dynamo -- Ah, a springtime romance! The most wonderful time! I hope that this man is the best -- because you deserve no less.

I cannot wait to see the upcoming RR pictures when Lap visits! I love to see the ongoing transformations!

A happy, healthy week to all with good choices all around!

Karen

I was banded 1/9/08 by Dr K and I've had 2 fills so far. I am really looking for support here in the Denver area and would love to be a joiner in some of your get togethers. I'm feeling sort of alone in this process and even though it's way out of my comfort zone to ask for help/support, I really need some. How can I hook up with you cool chicks? Thanks!

Livesaver

Welcome to the banditos!!!! This is a wonderful group of women who really support each other. We get together once a month at Red Robin on I-25 and Arapahoe, I think this month it is on April 9th (Wens). I am sure some of the gals would also be willing to meet at other times during the month. I am in Aurora and if you need someone to talk to let me know. Welcome again to bandland and this wonder group of ladies (and one token guy)

Hi all,

I just have a question for my follow Dr. K bandsters. I was banded by Dr. K on 2/20/07 and I haven't been able to go back since then. I had a bad attempted fill experience initally and ended up not getting my first fill until July. I have had 4 fills since then and I still am not at my sweet spot.

I had had upper GI done about 6 weeks after surgery w/my 1st fill doc and he said it looked fine. Now I get all my fills under fluro w/Fillcentersusa and they said it looks fine as well.

Since it has now been a little over 13 months after surgery and I am wondering if I need my band really checked my a band doc. I am thinking about going back out to Denver to see Dr. K. I would love to do it, but w/the costs associated if I don't need to I won't.

I drive to GA to get all my fills and it is costly as well. I am considering trying a closer doc, about 2 1/2 hours away (who is also w/Fillcentersusa).

I had a really great experience w/Dr. K for surgery and I am sure I would have good fill experience with him. My initial experience was so horrible, I called Dr. K and he said to find another doc. It took me so long to find someone and now I feel really comfortable with. I just wonder if they are taking it too slow or what.

I know quite a few of us got surgery around the same time from out of state. I was wondering if you have gotten your band checked. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

Dynamo~Congrats on the new romance...he is one lucky fellow! You are the workout queen. I haven't been to my gym in a while, but I have been doing three mile walks with Buster. Thanks for the hugs I appreciate it.

mamato3~Neat name! WELCOME!! This is a wonderful thread, the support here is amazing. I feel like I have known many of these Banditos forever and YES we do get together in person, we meet at Red Robin once a month. You are welcome to join us we would love to meet you.

Welcome back to beautiful Colorado, you are coming just in time to miss all that hot, humid and hazey east coast weather...YAY!!

Woofay~How are you doing? I wonder if I will recognizeyounext time?? I tried to search for our monthly pictures (I thought I wrote the page numbers down, but I can't find it??).

Hi Dee!

linz~How is your hubby doing? did he get out of the hospital?

Drews~I got an email from KBPI, it said that the Roller Dolls were going to be at the Fillmore or something?? That is soooo cooowal!

It was a beautiful day here, I hope you all got a chance to enjoy it!

Adios Banditos!

Hi Mal AND all the other Banditos!

Shelbi, I agree it's a good reminder. I have to remind myself often to be good to myself!

Today, I wore an outift that I hadn't worn before. I love going into the back of my closet and trying on my smaller sizes AND having them fit!

One Happy Bandito - am I!

Lifesaver - please join us at Red Robins. Everyone is so nice! You're going to love us!

We're still on for April 8th, right? Red Robin - I-25 and Arapahoe. Be there or be square -- or in our case, rectanglar! Ha!

I am probably so out of place here, but I wanted to say hello and ask a question. You all seem like such a wonderful group of people all supporting each other. I only read back about 10 posts and WOW.. it's like you all have known each other forever!

So, here is my question. Do you know if Dr. Kirshenbaum will accept a patient that was banded in a different state? My surgery was on 1/7/08 in Richmond, Virginia. We just decided that we are going to be moving to Colorado in May. Colorado is actually my home... I lived there for my whole life until 2 years ago. I am SO excited to be coming back! However, I am really worried that I will not be able to find a Doctor who will take over my care and do the necessary fills in order for me to continue with my weight loss. I will probably start calling around to different doctors in the next week or so to see if I can find anyone, but I was just thinking about it right now and thought I would ask.

Do you all actually get together in person or do you just support each other here online?

Bookholder is correct....Dr. Kirshenbaum will do your fills for $200.00 for the first and then $150.00 after that. He does ask you to bring a copy of your operative report with you so he can read about your surgery and where the port was placed. Welcome back to Colorado!!!:scared2:

Hi Mal AND all the other Banditos!

Shelbi, I agree it's a good reminder. I have to remind myself often to be good to myself!

Today, I wore an outift that I hadn't worn before. I love going into the back of my closet and trying on my smaller sizes AND having them fit!

One Happy Bandito - am I!

Lifesaver - please join us at Red Robins. Everyone is so nice! You're going to love us!

We're still on for April 8th, right? Red Robin - I-25 and Arapahoe. Be there or be square -- or in our case, rectanglar! Ha!

Tied - Can I ask if you guys ever meet anywhere else besides the RR?:sad: When I think of the RR I think of all you can eat french fries!!! I was just wondering if you ever met in different areas, someday I may be in the are and join you all. You sound like a great group.:scared2:

Thankyou all for your info on Dr. Kirshenbaum. I am definately going to give his office a call soon. I can't wait to get back to Colorado! The Red Robin where you all meet is just right up the street from where I am going to be living. I would love to join you all once I am there. Maybe in June! You all seem so fun and like a great support team. Just what I need!

Tied - Can I ask if you guys ever meet anywhere else besides the RR?:tt1: When I think of the RR I think of all you can eat french fries!!! I was just wondering if you ever met in different areas, someday I may be in the are and join you all. You sound like a great group.:cursing:

Hi Liteweight!

As far as I know we've only met at Red Robin.

I used to eat their fries, but I'm not even tempted by them anymore.

They do have some pretty good options there. I always get their Ensenada chicken salad. It's two Grilled Chicken Breasts with a small salad. I usually can eat half the salad and one of the small chicken breasts. The chicken is really moist and pretty thinly sliced. Michelle got a different chicken breast last time and a side salad.

I hope you can join us!!!

Mamato3! It would be great to meet you in June!

dee~

So you guys are meeting on April 9th at Red Robin (Arapahoe and I25). What time? I'll be there.

So you guys are meeting on April 9th at Red Robin (Arapahoe and I25). What time? I'll be there.

Great!

We usually meet at 7pm, but we should double check with the group to make sure that is the time, we'll be meeting on the 9th.

Hi everyone, thanks to everyone for your support and concern regarding my husband...he is home, but we are going to many dr.'s appointments to determine what is wrong with him and why this happened.

On a brighter note, I got up on Saturday and took and nice long brisk walk around my neighborhood, followed by cleaning my kitchen...I raked my lawn and my yard instantly looked 100 times better! Then, I helped my neighbor rake her lawn...and I raked a third neighbors lawn...it was great for arm toning, I think. Then yesterday I was out with the kids while they rode their bikes and we got our lawns aerated, which worked out well since I woke up to some wet "snow" this morning...not true snow of course, but I'm glad that it will be getting into the soil.

I'm trying to concentrate on doing things for myself (like the walks, or the yardwork) that are productive and give me some "alone time".

Sorry to babble out my weekend...but, I love it when I feel like I've done something and haven't just wasted my weekend away.

I hope you all had good weekends too!!

Dynamo, hurray for your new romance! I hope it continues to blossom. Spring is the perfect time for new beginnings, right?

Welcome mamato3. I have only been here a short time but everyone has been so supportive and thoughtful. I envy you moving back to Colorado -- what a beautiful state. Wish I could convince my DH to move!

Hey skyblu79, I have seen you on OH. I went back to Dr. K for my first fill. It made me feel better to have him check me out and make sure everything was OK. But I know a lot of people don't ever go back to their original surgeon when he's out of state and don't have a problem. I can't afford to go back to Dr. K for every fill, so I am narrowing down my choices for a local fill doc. I am wary of FillCentersUSA for whatever reason although a lot of people seem to love it. I didn't know you were near my neck of the woods (Georgia). Have you been going to the fill center in Roswell?

Linz I will continue to keep you and your husband in my thoughts. Good for you for doing things for yourself and having alone time. It's really important.

As for me, I have exercised for the past three days in a row and intend to do it again tonight. I'm on a roll! I have a new dance workout DVD and I love it -- it's so much fun that I don't get as bogged down in the "I hate exercising" mindset. Constantly changing things up is the key to keeping me interested. I get bored pretty quickly!

Happy Monday to all...although it hasn't started off that great for me. DH's car wouldn't start so I had to take him to work and was 15 mins late to work myself. Oh well. It can only get better, right?

Hi everyone, thanks to everyone for your support and concern regarding my husband...he is home, but we are going to many dr.'s appointments to determine what is wrong with him and why this happened.

On a brighter note, I got up on Saturday and took and nice long brisk walk around my neighborhood, followed by cleaning my kitchen...I raked my lawn and my yard instantly looked 100 times better! Then, I helped my neighbor rake her lawn...and I raked a third neighbors lawn...it was great for arm toning, I think. Then yesterday I was out with the kids while they rode their bikes and we got our lawns aerated, which worked out well since I woke up to some wet "snow" this morning...not true snow of course, but I'm glad that it will be getting into the soil.

I'm trying to concentrate on doing things for myself (like the walks, or the yardwork) that are productive and give me some "alone time".

Sorry to babble out my weekend...but, I love it when I feel like I've done something and haven't just wasted my weekend away.

I hope you all had good weekends too!!

Good for you Linz. I'm glad you had a good weekend. I know it's not easy to focus on ourselves when our loved ones are going through a hard time. Being a Mom, we feel selfish and guilty, but as I've mentioned before, WE become better Moms when we're healthy and happy. We are also more adequate supporters when we are spiritually fed and physically healthy. I hope your husband's doctors can make a diagnoses and your husband can start feeling better.

Take Care, dee~