Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Ms Greenie!

I am so sorry to hear about the mix up! I'm not sure why things happen sometimes. But I think it's something we all need to be cognizant of -- how we deal with a mess up and how the other person perceives it.

I have always believed that recognizing the other person's burden and frustration caused by the mess up - And apologize profusely will make a big difference in how the person relates the incident later.

I know that I can be very upset and frustrated, but if the other party takes the time to validate my frustration - it makes all the difference in the world.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that frustration. I was in his office at 1600 and I would have loved to have met you! A fellow Green Lover like yourself would have made my day!

Love ya,

dee~

Edited by Tied2BFit

Thanks Dee - I hadn't really planned on going on-line for the food logging, but that's really a good idea...then I can actually SEE the calories. I know I don't eat a lot, but those dang Cadburry eggs are the death of me! I can't wait for Easter to be over!

Thanks Dee - I hadn't really planned on going on-line for the food logging, but that's really a good idea...then I can actually SEE the calories. I know I don't eat a lot, but those dang Cadburry eggs are the death of me! I can't wait for Easter to be over!

You're welcome Marcy!

My daughter loves Jelly Belly Jellybeans and she bought a bag at Target.

I had to have her put them in her backpack and zip it up -- they were calling my name, "Dee, we want you to eat us."

Hello Everyone:

Cara, did you get the situation resolved? If you have a glitch call Natalie. I have found her to be resourceful.

To Greenie: an apology for the scheduling mix-up. I don't plan to go back -- not because of this -- as I'd already intended to do the rest of my fills locally.

Sorry you are feeling upset about what happened in the office. I hope today is better and you are feeling the results from your fill..that's #1.

@Tied2BFit- Great job on journaling your food. I need to follow your lead and go back to journaling my daily intake.

MarcyinAK- I've slowed waaay down on my weight drop. I'm going to have to start keeping track of exactly what I'm eating.

I think I have to admit to myself that I am in menopause. It's been four months since my TOM and my emotions are a bit on the edge. Some other changes and hormones were recommended. I'm going to do a Google on the big M and find out what's up and what to expect.

What a wild past 12 months. So many changes in such a short time.

PR

I called the office this morning and basically Natalie said she's the reason for the mixup - that she'd neglected to put it on his schedule. She also tried to say he was in surgery all day and that was part of the reason, but when I relayed my conversation with Marilyn the previous day (in which Marilyn said he was with a patient but that I should get a call shortly and she'd check with the doc to be sure he had the correct phone number), she backtracked and said again that she'd neglected to put it on his schedule. We rescheduled for April 9th. So sad about that...I had my printouts and questions and everything all ready to go!

It seems like maybe they're having a bad month for mixups, I guess. It may be just the Texan in me, but I sort of expected an "I'm SOOOOO sorry about that." or something a bit more effusive than "it was my fault, let's reschedule."

Anyway, I'm back on schedule now and I hope things go smoothly this time.

BTW, did anyone else have problems logging into the message boards last night or today?

Thank y'all for your support...I'm soooo lucky to have a group around like y'all!

Hi all, glad to hear that everyone is doing well for the most part!

I have to say, I'm feeling a bit sad. I went for my first fill on Tuesday, with an appointment at 2 p.m. Walked into Dr. K's office, signed in and waited. Mary gave me some paperwork to fill out. About halfway through it I realized, wait, why would they need this particular packet of paperwork for a fill?

So I went up to the window. Mary then said that my appointment was scheduled for 3:30 p.m. I said no, my card said 2 p.m. Of course I'd left it on my fridge at home (I checked it when I got home and I was right). She said I was there for a consultation. I said no, I'm here for a fill. Then she asked about my surgery date. Eventually, she realized that they had a consult scheduled for 3:30 p.m. for someone with a name very similar to mine. But I was not on the books anywhere for my fill appointment.

I had a pretty bad headache and I'd been up since 4:30 a.m. I was already nervous about my first fill. So as you can imagine I started feeling upset and panicking...what if I couldn't get a fill today? I came all that way. I could not take off more days. I texted my husband, all freaked out.

After talking with Marilyn, Mary said they'd get me in, and I didn't have to wait too long. She stopped by Robin's office to ask if she needed to see me. I have no idea why she would -- I didn't owe anything -- and she didn't. Then Mary took me into the room to weigh me (wish they could weigh me nude & first thing in the morning as I do -- is that TMI? :eek:). She asked if I had my card and I said no, you told me you'd mail it to me, but I never got it. So she made me one. I figured I had the standard AP band, but of course I needed a card that said so.

Then she took me into the fill room. Dr. K came in shortly and he thanked me for the birthday card I sent. He had two students with him. The needle barely hurt at all, although sitting up with a syringe sticking out of you is an odd thing (and so is the feeling when it's pulled out!). I ended up with 1.6 cc, and I definitely feel some restriction. I was worried about getting too tight, so we erred on the side of caution.

Dr. K was kind and genial as he had been in my past experiences, chatted with me and made sure I was doing OK. But I was disappointed with how I was treated by the office staff. Yes, they got me in and I got my fill, that was the most important thing. Everyone makes mistakes and I get that. But it wasn't very friendly at all and I didn't really get an apology for the scheduling mix-up. I don't plan to go back -- not because of this -- as I'd already intended to do the rest of my fills locally.

On the plus side, the weather was gorgeous and I did a little sightseeing. The Museum of Nature & Science is fantastic -- much bigger and nicer than a similar one that we have here, and cheaper. I was in and out so quickly (left early yesterday afternoon -- I could only take two days off work). I knew you guys had just had the RR meetup recently, so I'm sorry I didn't get to see any of you locals. But I'm also painfully, seriously shy. :embaressed_smile:

Green - so sorry for the mix up with your appointment but it sounds to me like the issue at hand was that you came in for a fill and you got one. I know that when I have been in Dr. K's office before it is just crazy :frown:. Mix ups are bound to happen but it seems to be twice as bad when they happen to us. Bottom line you got your fill and your doing great :(. Keep up the hard work and best of luck with your new fill doctor. Keep us posted on your progress.

Well, tomorrow is the day for the consultation. I was really hoping to get my surgery in quick because I'll have my mother up for help. Natalie says not until May. Mom can't come back because she and my husband refuse to be in the same house. So, I'll do it in May, without help.

On another note, I will have surgery the 31st. I've got a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder.:embaressed_smile: So, she will be here to help me with that surgery. And, I guess it is more difficult to deal with anyway. But I'd sure rather the other one be first.:(

Ok - I've always know I am an emotional eater. But I really know it now. I am going to meet this man i've been corresponding with on Sunday, and all I've been doing is stuffing my face. It is ridiculous. It is like all my self control is gone. I am glad I am scheduled for a fill, but I know there is a strong psychological component to my stuff. It is like I sabotage myself. Thank God I am still working out.

Welcome all the new members.

Lap - I am not the RR greeter, it is a group effort. I hope the weather is perfect so Woofay will come. It sounds like the 9th works better for Dee. Will you be there? Not if you go skiing in the mountains that day.

Mal - where are you?

Dee - how's it going?

Woofay - another pound, you go girl!

Hugs,

Michelle

I called the office this morning and basically Natalie said she's the reason for the mixup - that she'd neglected to put it on his schedule. She also tried to say he was in surgery all day and that was part of the reason, but when I relayed my conversation with Marilyn the previous day (in which Marilyn said he was with a patient but that I should get a call shortly and she'd check with the doc to be sure he had the correct phone number), she backtracked and said again that she'd neglected to put it on his schedule. We rescheduled for April 9th. So sad about that...I had my printouts and questions and everything all ready to go!

It seems like maybe they're having a bad month for mixups, I guess. It may be just the Texan in me, but I sort of expected an "I'm SOOOOO sorry about that." or something a bit more effusive than "it was my fault, let's reschedule."

Anyway, I'm back on schedule now and I hope things go smoothly this time.

BTW, did anyone else have problems logging into the message boards last night or today?

Thank y'all for your support...I'm soooo lucky to have a group around like y'all!

It's a southern thing, I'll tell you that. I'd pour you a glass of ice tea and invite you out on my porch for a visit. Outside of my area, the world is different. Whenever I travel...and it can be to Orlando where there are people from everywhere living there, I notice the difference. We are just use to folks being warm and fuzzy and it's not that they are rude, it's they live in a different region. The thing that joins us is the desire to make folks like us healthier.:party:

Dynamo--First, thank you for saying what you did about Red Robin gatherings. I hope I do not sound like I think it is solely you involved in the meetings. Like this board, its a patchwork quilt of beautiful patterns of beautiful people that make for a lovely and warm wrap of support.:thumbsup: LUCK!!! on Sunday. Woo Hoo. How exciting for you. Wish I was there to help you pick out the right outfit, perfume, hair just so. We both know that we are emotional eaters. I share your angst right now as my sister is in town and at mother's and will be there for Sunday. :shades_smile:

I upped my meds by half a dose because I am just emotionally wrestless and my appetite was increased earlier in the week and I'm certain is had to do with my sister. It has tapered off but I am trying to stay optimistic about the aftermath of a visit involving her.

JAM I'm sorry about your shoulder. I'm sure that is uncomfortable and makes it hard to relax without discomfort. Feel better soon.

Dee, I dare not buy a bag of those jelly bellies...they are nummy. They call my name too!:success1:

MAL- Where are ya friend. I'm guessing involved with family and spring break and enjoying the spring. Please try to make it to RR. Would love to see you.

Anita- You too! How's the school work going? Happy Easter to you and yours. Please try to come to RR. I'd love to see you too.

I can make it on the 9th no problem. My flight gets in about 10 AM Mountain. Say the time and which RR and I'll be there.

Hubby is going skiing, I'm going to do friends and photos and enjoy the Colorado skies.

LET ME KNOW THE PLANS!

WELL I MADE IT THROUGH SCHOOL!!!!! I have my clinicals next week, state boards in a month and then I am done. I am also SERIOUSLY considering going to nursing school. Everything that has happened with my kiddos, I just really enjoy knowing the "why" of how everything happened.

Went in on Thursday for a slight unfill and I saw Tom again, I really like him. You all are going to be shocked (and obviously I was a tad to tight) I lost 21 pounds last month. You heard me, 21!!! I am lower now, than I have been in years!!! But, being to tight is not the way to do it. I was PB'ing everthing and even starting to slime Water. I am on Prilosec and feeling much better!

Cant wait to see everyone at RR!!! I am ready for a night out with FUN people!!!

Brandy

weight.png

WELL I MADE IT THROUGH SCHOOL!!!!! I have my clinicals next week, state boards in a month and then I am done. I am also SERIOUSLY considering going to nursing school. Everything that has happened with my kiddos, I just really enjoy knowing the "why" of how everything happened.

Went in on Thursday for a slight unfill and I saw Tom again, I really like him. You all are going to be shocked (and obviously I was a tad to tight) I lost 21 pounds last month. You heard me, 21!!! I am lower now, than I have been in years!!! But, being to tight is not the way to do it. I was PB'ing everthing and even starting to slime Water. I am on Prilosec and feeling much better!

Cant wait to see everyone at RR!!! I am ready for a night out with FUN people!!!

Brandy

weight.png

Well, I'm sorry to inform you Brandy, but we aren't FUN people!

Just kidding!:)

BUT look at you!!! 50lbs lost!!! and you have 50 to go?

:thumbdown:

You've lost 50% of your excess weight!!! :)

Brandy

weight.png

You go, Girl!!!!

Tina :thumbdown:

Yeah Brandy!!!!!! Congrats to you! :thumbdown::thumbup::)

My fellow September Bandster....

You're kicking butt too, according to your ticker! Woo hooooo!

Tina :)

OH my Goodness Tina is right Shelbi, you're doing GREAT!!! Look at your ticker!!